ロスト General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
 [b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b] --- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

ロスト 933 返信

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 401-450 of 933

1年以上前 alismouha said…
mischievous
I think that's a pretty funny theory(They all die on the island?)and happy ending in the alt?

In case you forgot that means MiB leaves the island and we all go to hell,and If we're all in hell and then we can't see the finale at all.

Does that sound like a happy ending?besides from when did anyone come up with a theory that turned out right,Lost is never predictable,Even with only three episodes left.
1年以上前 marissa said…
For some reason I just can't see the "don't worry, everything's good in the sideways world!" ending, even though that really seems to be where they're heading.

I read in some interview with Damon (or maybe Carlton... I forget, lol, but I'm pretty sure it was Damon) that he thought the ending to Harry Potter took the easy way out and that Harry should have died. (Sorry to anyone who hasn't read the books... :S)

Anyway, for a guy who thinks that it just doesn't seem to make sense that he's do a show with a "everything is just peachy in the end!" ending.

I dunno, but I preparing myself for something very dark and probably comfusing, lol.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
surprise
^^Well I totally called Miles ending up in Sawyers flashsideways. :P

Yeah, Marissa it does seem like to easy a way out. And kind of anti-climactic. So they all get their memories of the island back in the Sideways and.... then just go, "Welp, it's a good thing we're not actually on an island *Everyone goes on with life*"

~Something~ should happen once everyone remembers the island or hooks up with their true love. Although I have no guesses what happens then.

And I haven't read the last 3 Harry Potter books! O_O They're ruined forever!!!!!!1!1! (not really :P)
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
I agree with you guys... it seems like the ending we're heading towards will be very anti-climactic (most of this season has been for me). I think it should be a mixture: those who die on the island get a happy ending in the alt, and vice versa. It would provide for a nice balance.

*also hasn't read the last 3 HP books*
1年以上前 TmoVie_obsessed said…
he thought the ending to Harry Potter took the easy way out and that Harry should have died.
-----
But.... the ending might have been kind of cheesily happy, but when you think about the tons of other people that died it's a pretty depressing ending. *has read and loves all the Harry Potter books =P*

I plan for a depressing ending, but I like depressing endings so I'm pretty excited. I did read somewhere that the ending's going to be very open to interpretation and that each fan's going to have a different idea about what it means.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 marissa said…
*also hasn't read the last 3 HP books*
AHH! I AM A MONSTER!

*has read and loves all the Harry Potter books =P*
*fist bump*

I've written a letter for Darlton, and I thought I'd share:

Dearest Darlton,
Please stop drowning characters I like in slow motion.
Love, Marissa.
 [i]*also hasn't read the last 3 HP books*[/i] AHH! I AM A MONSTER! [i]*has read and loves all the
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Well... Lost.

Titus Welliver, as they do love to say here on the internet, "wins"
I'm confused after that episode.
1年以上前 marissa said…
That he does, Patrick. That. He. Does.
wait no, not anymore. I got it.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
^Indeed. So does Mark Pellegrino. ;)
1年以上前 marissa said…
So, anyone want to take a guess as to what that "light" was? Because I'm in the dark. Pun intended. lol.
1年以上前 livexthexlife92 said…
^lmfao. well im even more confused then ever, but when the old lady was describing the light, i immediatley thought about this book i read called The Road, and how the dad would always tell his son that they're "carrying the fire", and how its "their job to carry the fire". so idk in my opinion, i think the light has something to do with humanity? or life? maybe its the essence of life itself? or power or good or idk knowledge existence?! lmfao i take that back, i have no idea. im soo confused. that epi answered like 2 questions and left me with 12487239015 more.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
I was gonna guess that the light was just some form of radiation or something, but I really like your theory, livexthexlife92.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
I think it was really meant to be some kind of abstract concept like life or something like that. I wouldn't think too much about that since it's mostly a Macguffin. It's not really what LOST is about but it's just an important aspect of the islands mythology.
1年以上前 marissa said…
A Macguffin?
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
I know it seems like we're getting so many new questions but remember what their mother said. Every answer only leads to more questions. Somethings you kind of just need to accept.
It's like star wars. When you start explaining the force you really take away the mystical aspect of everything and shows you how absurd it kind of is at the core.

We should only really expect answers that tie into our characters and their story's, since they are the story.

Oh and a Macguffin is plot device that gives the characters motivation. It's like The Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones, we don't really care about the Ark as much as we care about seeing Indy fight bad guys and snakes to get it. Also think about the Briefcase in Pulp Fiction.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
^^ haha, nice, Patrick!

I can't believe I'm saying (/typing) these words, but... I feel very Team Smokey right now O_o

kid!Jacob freaked me out a little, lol. Bad acting. Baaaad.
1年以上前 marissa said…
kid!Jacob freaked me out a little, lol. Bad acting. Baaaad.
AGREED.
1年以上前 alismouha said…
I finished Watching the Episode and It's Very Unsatisfying to say the least

It was Supposed to answer some questions but instead it arose a hell of a lot more.

Who is mother?
What is Mother?
Why did She kill Claudia but not the twins?
What is this source?
What is it's purpose and origin?
Why couldn't MiB Find it again?
Why can't The twins hurt each other?
How did Mib Know Electromagnetism would gt him off the Island?
Why did Mother prevent him from Leaving?
What is the Significance of the wine and that chant?
Jacob is supposed to protect the source from What?
Is Mib Dead or transformed or what?
Why did Smokey emerge and the light go off?
Why did Jacob Put mother and Mib In this very spot?
What Is the significance of The two (White and Black)Rocks?(Inside Joke?)
If they're twins,how is Jacob Blond and MiB Brunette?
What is the significance of the tapestry?
Where did Mother come from?
Why doesn't she age?
Why did she thank MiB in her dying breathe?
If Jacob Believed That People are Evil,Why do we see him in older episodes trying to prove MiB Wrong?
Why if someone wants to kill an ageless person it Has to be with this very same knife?(MiB-Mother,Richard-Jacob,Ben-Jacob,­Say­id,­MiB­)
or is it just a coincidence?
What is Mib's name?(If there is,Mother and Jacob always call him"HE")
Why did MiB Wait Canturies before trying to kill Jacob?(and don't tell me he's been trying for 1000-2000 and hasn't succeeded until now)

And many more...

Story 2/10
Acting 9/10
Literary techniques 6/10
Answers 1/10
Lost Elements 7/10

5/10

this episode is the worst of the season!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Yeah, see I could care less about any of that since it won't be important at all to any of the rest of the story.

And some of that stuff you kinda just have to infer. "Why did she thank him?" Well maybe because she was glad to be rid of the burden of protecting the island.

But Lost would be plain awful if they pulled a Battlestar Galactica and sat us down and said... Well The cylons built a boring society that is very important to the story but we'll tell it to you just by having a character talk at you for 10 mins at a time about backstory so that fans will stop trying to look to deeply into into it and any time they make a point subtely it'll cause a huge rift in the fan community while some of them pursue a wild theory about the show that has nothing to do with anything.

Sorry but some of the questions aren't reasonable. And sorry for the rant but i've been seeing nothing but hate for this episode all day.

I'll be the first fan of it to say that it's not 'great' by any stretch of the imagination, nor even really top 10 material for me, but I still found the story resonant and emotionally complex enough that i'm quite taken with it.\

Edit: A question I have is if the drinking of the wine and the chant is what makes you new island protector how will Jack (come on... it's going to be Jack ;)) find out what he needs to do? Are we gonna see him and Hurley break out the Dharma Boxed Wine in the finale? :P
last edited 1年以上前
I agree with you Patrick! Mainly cause lately I've become increasingly taken with more open ended stories where you don't know every last thing that happened before or is going to happen. I think it leaves so much more to the imagination.
Plus now we know how it all started, which I thought was AWESOME!
Yes!! My day has just been made! I now know where I knew Titus Welliver from!! And it's amazingly awesome!
He was a horseman on Supernatural! And since Mark Pellegrino plays Lucifer it makes me want to rewatch last night's episode to imagine them as those roles instead of Jacob/MIB.
And I know most of you might not have cared about that, but it made me laugh!
1年以上前 marissa said…
As for all these new questions raised, I'm really not going to worry too much about them. At least it gives some sort of explanation for the "light" that we always see, right?

Really, what I want from Lost is what I've always wanted - a good story and to follow the characters I know and love.
All these new questions are fun to mull over, but I feel like asking "what is the light?" is like asking "what is the meaning of life?". It probably has no answer, so why even worry about? Just tell me what Jack, Claire, Hurley, Ben, Miles, Kate and Sawyer are up to, and I'll be just fine :)

PS. If the answer to Lost is "42" I am going to be on pissed off girl. lol.

EDIT: I realize now that last bit only makes sense if you've seen/read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... if you haven't, I suggest it. It's a good read, lol.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
^Questioning the light is like questioning the Improbability Drive.

And 42 is the answer to LOST they don't have to say it to make it true :D

Also am I the only one that thought, when Awesome Twin threw the knife and it stuck to the well, "FU*KING Magnets! How do they work!?"
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 marissa said…
And 42 is the answer to LOST

*weeps because the Kwons are gone*
1年以上前 alismouha said…
hmmm
"Also am I the only one that thought, when Awesome Twin threw the knife and it stuck to the well, "FU*KING Magnets! How do they work!?"

No,me too. I watched that part over and over again.

and 42 what,What is that?What are you talking about?
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
laugh
^To answer your question... 42.
1年以上前 alismouha said…
angry
42 WHAT?!
1年以上前 marissa said…
^ lol.

In the book (and movie) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they try to find the meaning of life by building this mega-computer to calculate it, only to find out that the meaning of life is "42". When they asked the computer how that could possibly be, the computer explained that 42 is the answer, and that they don't the question they want to ask. Or something like that, lol.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Bahahaha... Yep. It's also a TV series and a radio show :P

The ultimate answer to life the universe and everything is 42. I'd give it a read if you haven't, I had quite the obsession with it in 8th grade.
Ah, 42. It makes so much sense.

I made so many of my friend's watch that movie after I first saw it! It was hilarious!
1年以上前 marissa said…
omg... it's almost done guys...

can you even believe it?
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
I can believe, but I can't at the same time. Seeing most of the main characters die/almost die a few weeks ago makes the fact that the end is near so real. However, it still feels as if there is so much story left to tell.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
I'm prepared. I'm ready to say goodbye, now. Not just to LOST but to network TV in general. :P

So what will you guys be nerding out about each week now?
I've been doing this professionally since i was 11 so i'm already nerding out about 20 other things.
Ah Lost... I don't even think it's going to register until the last episode's aired.

----
Well sadly most of my other shows are ending for the season, so those can't distract me until the next seasons start. =P
I'm watching X-Files so that will be my nerdy obsession for now.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
"So what will you guys be nerding out about each week now?"

I already have way too many other things to nerd about besides Lost. :P I do plan on continuing watching HIMYM this summer since I only got to the first few episodes of season 2 when I first watched it. :P I also hope to watch more classic films and read more books.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…

I have NO idea! argh, I have nothing to nerd over! Help :( lol
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Well I have a suggestion if you're willing to wait until fall. There is gonna be a new show that is a little bit like Lost(imagine the survival aspect and character development of the first season stretched out indefinitely) It's called "The Walking Dead". It'll be on AMC and the comic series it's based on is pretty good.
big smile
It's called "The Walking Dead".
----
Omg! Is that the one about zombies?! Cause if so, I've been reading about it and I can't WAIT until it airs.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Yeah, although i pity anyone that goes in expecting it to be the zombie survival guide. It can be about as fun as shooting your dog sometimes :P

I'm also pretty interested in seeing Rubicon this summer, although AMC has kept everything about pretty secret so far.
1年以上前 alismouha said…
I think I'll be Watching flashforward,It's gonna be my new Obsession!

I think it will make up for Lost.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
I'll give it a try, Patrick :)

So, about 6x16:

Woah. First off, is Richard dead? It seemed like he was killed, but... I dunno! The whole episode was awesome. At first I thought Des was being a little creepy (and who knew he could pull off an American accent so well?) but I think his motives are pretty clear now. He's trying to bring together all the people who are supposed to be together, but how? Is it his future-predicting ability again?

MIB's last chance now is Desmond... but I don't see Desmond helping him destroy the island, and, more importantly, his friends. Who knows, though! lol

and I just gotta say the "Ben, you never cease to amaze me." line was priceless!
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
I was totally right about why Widmore was at the island. And i feel this explains why Eloise always seems to know more than anyone else. Jacob makes house calls sometimes.

And double right about Jack who IS Jacob now!

And i'm thinking i might be a bit wrong about Des making it out alive... although since he has to be able to survive the Electro Magnetic anomaly he could still make it.

What else... Oooh, Ben back... a lot! (Yay) And now hitting on peoples moms! (Yay) And getting beaten up! (Yay) And possibly siding with Man in Black (Hmmm... we'll wait to see how that plays out... but neat!)

Ooh best yet it's pretty much a given that Daniel Faraday will be back next episode since it's his concert and all. Fraking AWESOME.

PS... why is desmond so special everywhere he goes? Besides the fact he's so awesome?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 nandacavalieri said…
How I didn't know this exists until now? *facepalm*

Our freaking awesome Ben is back!! *happy dance*
So much happened! I don't know where to start!
PS... why is desmond so special everywhere he goes? Besides the fact he's so awesome?
-------
All you have to do is look at him and that question is answered.

Am I the only one that finds the flash-sideways world a little stalkerish!? Cause really, if I was Claire or Locke or other people that have been kind of stalked, I would not be trusting all these crazy people that won't leave me alone.
last edited 1年以上前
LOL! I agree, it's kind of scary. Especially Des/Claire in TLR, creepy!
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
"Ooh best yet it's pretty much a given that Daniel Faraday will be back next episode since it's his concert and all. Fraking AWESOME."

ooh, I didn't think of that, but that is AWESOME!

"Our freaking awesome Ben is back!! *happy dance*

YAY for Ben shooting Widmore! *joins happy dance*

Another YAY for seeing Rousseau! I'm so glad she at least got to raise Alex in the alternate timeline.
Another YAY for seeing Rousseau! I'm so glad she at least got to raise Alex in the alternate timeline.
me too! (and the flirting with Ben/Rousseau... I could not laugh, HAHAHA!)

Daniel/Charlie concert! <3 I wonder who will be there...

And they finally killed Zoe! *happier dance*
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
"And they finally killed Zoe! *happier dance* "

WOOOHOOO!

"and the flirting with Ben/Rousseau... I could not laugh, HAHAHA"

HAHAHAHAHA, same here (even though flirting between a teacher and his student's parent is a big no-no)