ロスト General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
 [b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b] --- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

ロスト 933 返信

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 501-550 of 933

1年以上前 TmoVie_obsessed said…
Ahhh! I know!!! It all seems so unreal.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
hahahaha, gotta love the Target commercials!
OMG... It's over. OMG OMG OMG I can't believe it!
That was perfect. And that is all I'm going to say on the matter until tomorrow, when I've had a whole day to process all of this.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Yep... I have nothing to say. Let me chew on this for a little while.

But i will say Jack leaping at Locke was a pretty bitchin' act break.
1年以上前 nandacavalieri said…
I loved every single part of it. But the last 10 minutes? No. At least not yet. I need to rewatch it
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
Beautiful final episode. Yeah, like you guys, I gotta think about this some more. A rewatch may be in order at some point in the very near future.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
OK, can someone please explain this to me: Why was the island underwater at the beginning of the season?
1年以上前 smoore23 said…
So they all died after the plane crash. I need to clear my head before I can say anything more.
1年以上前 Steve_McQueen64 said…
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. They were dead, all of this time, they were DEAD. I'm going to bed, but I'm not going to be able to fall asleep.
1年以上前 Ivison said…
Guys, I don't think they were all dead this time. Jack asked if it was all real and Christian said yes. They all died in different moments, on or off the Island.

My theory:

Now I get it why Kate told Jack she missed him SO MUCH. She hasn't seen him for years. Because like Christian said some of them died long after Jack- Kate and Sawyer and Claire and all the others in the plane and Hugo/Ben. So that moment at the church actually happens at the very end. Some of them spent a lot of time in the sideways waiting for the others (without knowing that they have to wait for sth.)...and they built up these new lives (for example Jack marrying Juliet and having a child, then getting divorced; Lock having a great relationship with his father before the accident; lives not connected with what they had on the Island, because they couldn't remember anything from their actual lives). Kate and Hugo and the others that died after Jack spent less time in the sideways and weren't that different from who they actually were in the Pilot. But at the end they all finally remembered with the help of the people they love what happened on the island and maybe before that in their real lives and let go of it. Okay, this sounds okay to me :D

Or maybe after Jack died in the very last scene he went to the sideways, the first scene to be that one with Rose from 6x01 "It's okay you can let go now", which will make sense but what about his new and different life in the sideways? When did he marry Juliet and had a son if he dies and goes directly to the Oceanic 815 flight again? So that's why even though I believe the second theory is the right one, the first (with building-up new lives and waiting for the others to remember the truth about themselves and their lives) makes more sense to me.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
Perfect. That's all I have to say right now. lol
1年以上前 alismouha said…
A very Touching,Satisfying Finale

It exceeded all of my expectations!

I couldn't ask for a better one

It was Perfect!
1年以上前 marissa said…
Wow.

I have no words right now.

I need to think this over.
1年以上前 marissa said…
cool
Does anyone else smell and Hurley/Ben spin-off?
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
^YES! The only thing I was really disappointed about was that we did not get to see Hurley as the island's protector and Ben as his "number 2." They probably were such an awesome team!
1年以上前 alismouha said…
I don't!

How many times we smelled a spin-off and were disappointed?
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
^lol alismouha, we're just kidding. A real Lost spinoff probably wouldn't be up to par, but it's still fun to imagine possible spinoffs. ;)
Ok after a day to think about it i still love it!!!!!
I got the same impression as Radi. They were all alive on the island, the people that died died and the people that got off went on to live their lives. But at one point they all died where they went to this "sideways world" where I think they were all trying to complete themselves. I know this doesn't apply to all of the characters but I saw it as like: Charlie died without Claire and Aaron, Libby died without Hurley, Juliet without Sawyer, Jack without Kate, and Shannon without Sayid so it was like, the sideways flash was a way for them all to come together and be reunited in death. Because like Christian said, the island was the most important thing to happen in all of their lives.
1年以上前 Steve_McQueen64 said…
heart
I agree exactly with what Ivison said! That was just about the perfect way to end Lost, they had us guessing up untill the final moments!
It was so beautiful, the ending. Jack stumbling through the bamboo, it flashing between him there and him in the Alt Universe, he falling and instead of the clasic Lost eye open, he closed his eyes. END.
After it was over I was stunned, I couldn't even think about it. Then I couldn't fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it! At first I was sad because they were all dead, it wasn't until the next day I realized the Alt Universe was taking place well into the future after they all had died. Also for some time I thought that last scene, the one with the plane bits on the beach, was trying to show us that they had all died when the plane had crashed and that the Island was made-up, which is kind of what made me sad. But I get it now, and the ending was perfect. I actualy teared up afterwards thinking about Jack dying in the bamboo, it was so beautiful.
1年以上前 marissa said…
Even though I really hope this forum doesn'r fizzle out, now that Lost is over, I figure it's time to say that discussing the show with you guys has been really fun :)
You're all awesome and hilarious and have really made the show even that much greater, if possible.
SO MONKEY BUTTLERS FOR EVERYONE!
I agree with parts of what Ivison said. But if the characters that died later went to the sw later what about their sw childhood, for example? (although the lack of it would explain why Jack didn't remember his appendectomy)

Also for some time I thought that last scene, the one with the plane bits on the beach, was trying to show us that they had all died when the plane had crashed and that the Island was made-up, which is kind of what made me sad
Jeff Jensen said very reliable sources said those were just pictures, nothing else

I still need more time to process the whole thing. I have so many questions right now.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
SO MONKEY BUTTLERS FOR EVERYONE!

YAY FOR MONKEY BUTLERS! This forum has easily been the best part of the Lost spot this season. It has been so much fun discussing the show with you guys. Please, let's not allow this to die. ;)

Jeff Jensen said very reliable sources said those were just pictures, nothing else
That's what I assumed... it seemed more like a tribute to the island and the show itself, not clues as to what happened.
it seemed more like a tribute to the island and the show itself, not clues as to what happened.
yes, I thought so too
1年以上前 marissa said…
I read somewhere (I forget where now, lol) that in the season six dvd, we'd find out Walt's fate. Any predictions as to where he was all this time? And why he wasn't at the church? I think we can assume Michael was "stuck" whispering on the Island, but where was Walt?
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
^I read that earlier today, too. I don't think Michael is "stuck" on the island- the same could have been said for Christian since he was doing the same exact thing, but he was able to move once he and Jack fixed their relationship issues. This might be the same case for Michael and Walt; they might not be "ready" (like Ana Lucia) to move on until they fix their relationship issues and both accept their destinies.
yes, I agree with you Courtney.

The only thing bugging me now about the finale is David. Ok, he wasn't real and I like the explanation I got from Jeff Jensen about him. But I still don't get why Jack and Juliet were okay with leaving him behind. Because even if he isn't real, for years they believed he was, they loved him.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
I'm assuming that Jack and Juliet, like any other good parents, just wanted what was best for David. Maybe they realized that he wasn't ready to move on, and thus it's better for him to stay behind.
1年以上前 stephen411 said…
crying
ive watched the last episode several times it does get a little clearer after a few times i agree with what courtney 7488 said and some guy ivison preety much nailed it
1年以上前 stephen411 said…
can anyone tell me why sawyer was a con man in one life and in the next he is a cop and what did that have to do with anything?
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
^Most likely because he was at odds with his past. The reason he became a con man was to get revenge on the guy who killed his parents, but he wound up hurting others while doing so. As a cop in the afterlife, he is able to prevent such things from happening. Being a cop allows him to resolve his issues. That's just my guess, though.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 stephen411 said…
thanks
1年以上前 marissa said…
I don't think Michael is "stuck" on the island...
they might not be "ready" (like Ana Lucia) to move on until they fix their relationship issues and both accept their destinies.

This makes sense. But maybe Ana is stuck on the Island, too? I figured that if you had something you felt guilty about when you died on the Island or had some undelt with issue, you were "stuck" there. Like Michael killing Ana and Libby, Ana killing Goodwin and Jason and just being a hard person in general, Eko not asking forgivenss, etc. And if you're stuck on the Island, then in purgatory, you're "not ready". Dose that make any sense? lol.
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
worried
And if you're stuck on the Island, then in purgatory, you're "not ready".

Maybe those people (such as Eko) are in purgatory? Purgatory is typically depicted as a place where one receives punishment for his or her sins. This afterlife seemed to be the exact opposite of that, in my opinion. Everyone was happy, even before they were reunited with their true loves.
1年以上前 marissa said…
Yeah, that could be it. I had taken it to mean that the Sideways World was purgatory, they just didn't know it. Once they reunited with someone/had a near death experience, then they remember their "real" lives and realized what was happening to them. And that was why Sun was so calm when Sawyer told her she'd need protection (or something like that, lol).
I dunno, I'll probably have to go back and watch it all again :S
1年以上前 marissa said…
So.. what was up with the pregnant women? Did we never get an answer to that?
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
I believe so subtly. Seeing as how a bomb definitively went off on the island in the 70's we probably have to connect the dots ourselves. I mean that's the only major thing to happen on island ever since the last on island birth.

Plus if there was a scene where we saw the bomb go off and Hurley mused, "Oooh, so thats why pregnant woman have birth trouble" before the flash, it would have been awful :P
Darlton kind of implied the bomb caused the issue with pregnant women. Big irony there, and we know they love it, Juliet being the reason she came to the island
1年以上前 marissa said…
Big irony there, and we know they love it, Juliet being the reason she came to the island.

That is actually pretty awesome, lol.

And I agree, I wouldn't want it spelled out for us, but I would have liked a bit more of a hint, you know?
Oh I agree! Gotta love Darlton for Lost ironies

And I agree, I wouldn't want it spelled out for us, but I would have liked a bit more of a hint, you know?
yes... oh well
------
Yeah. I really didn't pick up on that at all. Thank god I have you guys here to help me! Hehe.
1年以上前 marissa said…
Thank god I have you guys here to help me!

lol, if I didn't have this forum, there would probably be sooo much to Lost I didn't understand :P
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
*Reignites the monkey thread*
Okay, I'm tired of all the estrogen here. We need some TESTOSTERONE! Comeon! MOSH! *cues up music*

*Does one person mosh*

Wait... Cub? An all girl band?! NOOOOOO! I just can't escape all the girls here O_O
1年以上前 marissa said…
^LMAO.

Okay, some discussion questions:

1. How/when/why do you think Boone flashed?

2. How do you feel about Hurley being left in charge of the Island? Should it have been someone else? Should Ben have been his number two?

3. What do you think happened to Sawyer, Miles, Claire, etc. after they got off the Island? Did they just lead happy, normal lives? What do you imagine their deaths were?

4. Did Sawyer and Kate end up together after the Island?

5. Was Locke really right about everything? Was Jack?

6. Can the people "stuck" on the Island (Michael, I'm assuming Ana Lucia, Eko...) ever get off? How? Can they move on, too?

7. Why wasn't Walt in the church? Why was he specail in the first place?

8. What issues did Ben have to sort out? Why didn't he go in the church with Locke?

9. What's the one mystery you really wish had been answered?

10. Is Patrick really the only guy here? lol
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Sorry, but I think i'd put a big dunno, don't really care for a lot of those :P

But Hurley was a cool choice for me, same reason he's a good choice to ration out the food. He understands everything can't be perfect and just wants everyone to be happy.

Walt was special because the same reason, Richard, Miles, Hurley and Desmond were special. He had vague powers that Jacob gave him. He wasn't in the church because he was on an island for about two months when he was 8 so it wasn't as important for him as it was for everyone else.

Ben wants some more time with his daughter and will probably move on when he finds a way to make up to Rousseau what he did and his new family is ready to move on.

And yes I am. It's terrifying.
1年以上前 marissa said…
Ben wants some more time with his daughter and will probably move on when he finds a way to make up to Rousseau what he did and his new family is ready to move on.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Which is sweet, really.

But can you imagine if he did go into the church? I mean... would anyone hug him? Except for Hurley, maybe Jack and maaaaybe Juliet, didn't they all pretty much hate him/not know him/were terrifed of him? lol.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
Aren't some of our monkey butlers males, though? :P

1. How/when/why do you think Boone flashed?
This is a HUGE I dunno. It could have been anything, lol

2. How do you feel about Hurley being left in charge of the Island? Should it have been someone else? Should Ben have been his number two?
I love the idea. I think it's an awesome throwback to season 2 when Hurley was left in charge of the food in the hatch.

3. What do you think happened to Sawyer, Miles, Claire, etc. after they got off the Island? Did they just lead happy, normal lives? What do you imagine their deaths were?
Sawyer probably went to go find his daughter, idk about Miles and Claire, obviously, went to go be with Aaron. I doubt Sawyer and Kate led happy lives, though.

4. Did Sawyer and Kate end up together after the Island?
lol, I honestly don't think so. Kate told Jack in the afterlife that she had missed him, so...

5. Was Locke really right about everything? Was Jack?
*nods to both*

9. What's the one mystery you really wish had been answered?
Not that it matters much, but the whole "women can't get pregnant" thing. It played quite a major part in season 3 especially, so I would've liked that to have been resolved. Oh, and the island in general. It wasn't just an island, so what the hell was it? I guess we'll never know... lol
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
"Oh, and the island in general. It wasn't just an island, so what the hell was it? I guess we'll never know... lol "

The island was midi-chlorians.
1年以上前 hamishblakefan said…
^^^With number nine and the pregnant women thing.. do you think that Smokie had some sort of power over that and he was the cause for it? Maybe he wanted to reduce jacob's chance of finding someone suitible to replace him???? I dont know... just an idea:D
big smile
I would just like to add to the Ben/Hurley thing. It was completely foreshadowed.....
last edited 1年以上前
 I would just like to add to the Ben/Hurley thing. It was completely foreshadowed.....