書く Want to write, but can't write worth a darn

HerMelody posted on Jul 21, 2009 at 11:16PM

Well, something has been troubling me. Something has been troubling me for months, mostly since I decided I really want to write a novel, a long and complicated novel about something that is important to me.
The trouble is, I'm disabled. Because of my disabilities, I left school early and my education was abruptly stopped. By the time I got a personal tutor, it was too late to do my GCSE's. I never finished my education, and I never progressed in what used to be my best subject.
I cannot work, so I cannot buy a course in creative writing, as they are expensive, and of course I cannot go to university. The only way I could learn to write - and write well - would be to teach myself. How would I do that? Should I give up my dream of writing a book? I can't write. If I can't write, I have no hope in writing a novel. People are always saying how a book is so 'well written' or 'badly written'. If I have no idea how to write, mine would be 'badly written'.
I just feel so stuck and I'm thinking that I should leave behind my self that was ever good at English and forget all hopes of being a writer. The idea for my novel means quite a lot to me, but I'll never be able to tell the world Layla's story... unless somebody else wrote it.
I assume that everyone here is receiving a good education or else has completed a good education, and I, with my situation, feel alien and difficult to understand. But thank you for reading this, these feelings have been bubbling up for a while now.

書く 2 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 harold said…
Writing is a skill, not a talent. You can develop it like any other skill, and you don't need to take any courses (though I'm not saying that courses don't help). I wrote about this in more detail link, but my take on it is that you must do a lot of 4 things in order to become a good writer:
Write - practice makes perfect. My recommendation is to not start on your dream novel until you've written several stories and are comfortable with how the most recent ones are. If you're stuck for ideas, you can refer to any of the Fanpop Writer's Group sessions in this club's forum; they all have prompts to spark the creative juices.
Read - read novels and short stories, sure, but also read other kinds of books to see how they're written differently. Read some books about writing, too. I'm going through a book called Fiction Writer's Workshop now, which is interesting.
Talk about writing - hang out with friends or family members who are either interested in writing or interested in the things that you want to do, and talk to those people about writing. Start more conversations here in the Writing club. Find out what people like to see in writing, what kind of writing and which writers get respect, as well as talking about how others handled problems with their own writing.
Analyze writing - When you read, you can (usually) easily feel whether you like or dislike what you've read. But analysis comes in thinking about what you (dis)liked about the writing. It also provides feedback to other writers and tells them that you are open to feedback, too. Go back and analyze some of your favorite books: what worked so well in those? Take notes, and then read over them when you start to write a new piece.
1年以上前 K5-HOWL said…
smirk
u can have a close freind or whoever with u and have them type it on the computer 4 u and never give up cause its not too late its never too late and u managed to type this forum
last edited 1年以上前