書く Dream- this is the first chaptor please tell me what あなた think I want it to get published

paramore_riot posted on Jul 03, 2009 at 05:08PM
Chapter 1

In a small little town of Canterbury Vicky a smart girl with flaming red wavy hair with blue eyes was walking though Canterbury Cathedral when she felt very strange now Vicky was a Wiccan with very special powers she could control fire and water and those tow elements can come though her finger tips if she needed it.
She looked around the creepy old cathedral but nothing can shake that feeling that something or someone was watching her,
when Vicky came out and walked into Starbucks she got her normal drink which was strawberry cappuccino she sat next to her friend Anne.
“hey sorry I'm late I got a really strange feeling when I was in the cathedral just now” Vicky said as she sipped at her cappuccino,
“oh well did you see anything or hear anything?” questioned Anne who was dark haired which went down just below her shoulder, her green eyes looking up at Vicky as she spoke.
“Well I'm my head I could see this shadow with big red eyes watching me but no one was there I was the only one there” answered Vicky.
Anne's phone rang and as she picked it up her face fell like she just seen a ghost,
“ERM..I have to go Sorry but something happened to my baby brother Bradley” Anne said as she grabbed her stuff and ran out holding back her tears,
“ERM... OK cya” shouted Vicky as she finished her drink and got up to go, she opened her History book to study and bumped into a guy beautiful blonde brown hair with big blue eyes
“Oh sorry” said Vicky without looking up from her book as she walked out of the door to her car.
“That's OK any....time” answered the guy as he followed her with her eyes,
as twilight fell into night Vicky was up in her room reading when she just fell to sleep
she started to dream when she was at the top of Canterbury cathedral with the wind blowing though her hair like a goddess
“Jump, go on, jump its OK nothing will happen” whispered a voice
“n...no” answered Vicky in a scared voice but she froze in one spot.
Suddenly a black figure came and hissed at the dream demon
“What the heck?” Vicky whispered trying to catch her breath, the black figure picked Vicky up and jumped off the cathedral and floated to the ground just as Vicky waked up.
“Oh my God strange” Vicky said shacking in her purple bed cuddling her wolf softy,
save

書く 7 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 harold said…
To me this reads like a good treatment for a first chapter - sort of an extended outline. Before I go any further, what level of comment do you want? Which of the following interest you:
- comments on plot
- comments on dialogue
- comments on sentence structure
- comments on spelling
- comments on transitions
- comments on style
- comments on voice
- comments on presentation
Let me know. Bravo for posting! This can be overwhelming, writing a novel, and it's very brave to put your first steps out there for feedback. I just don't want to overwhelm you with feedback that isn't getting at the core of what you want.
1年以上前 paramore_riot said…
thanks
anything will do just wat you think and how i can improve stuff ike that
1年以上前 courtorbin said…
Oh wow, I'm interested in your story. I really like it so far. I learned that, when an author wants to get published, the first five pages are the most important. This first chapter caught and kept my attention. I'm interested if you continue. Because I would love to see where this story goes. I write similar stories as well. Magic at the fingertips sort of thing.
1年以上前 paramore_riot said…
smile
hey thanks :)
1年以上前 harold said…
Comment 1: A common general tip is to "show, don't tell". In this segment, we're given a huge amount of introductory material which could be drawn out much further and more organically by following that 'rule'. For instance, that Vicky's smart, a Wiccan and has special powers could be shown in the first few pages, rather than told to us in the first sentence. This is part of what I meant by my comment about it seeming like an outline of a first chapter: there's enough raw material here to fill out 50 pages or more.

Comment 2: It's very tempting to an author to provide the physical descriptions of his/her characters, because it's so important to the author's concept of them. But it's almost never desirable to provide such detail to the reader. Really, it's just not important to the reader, and can at times get in the way of the reader enjoying the story and/or identifying with the characters. If the reader is engaged with the character, he/she will come up with their own view of the character, or even identify so closely with the character that he/she will view the character as being somewhat like themselves. Specific details about the characters' appearances obstruct that process. In contrast, it would be nice to know how old Vicky is, what sort of a flat she rents, what she does for a living...those are details that could make the character more real.

Comment 3: I like the premise of the story. I'm interested in knowing more about Vicky, and her attitude about her powers: does she treat them as a responsibility, is she freaked out by them, has she known about them for a long time, or is she still just discovering them?

Comment 4: the dialogue between Anne and Vicky didn't feel natural to me. Anne's response "Did you see anything or hear anything?" was jarring, unless Anne and Vicky are in some kind of secret society that deal with supernatural occurrences - a "What do you mean?" would be more of a response you or I might give. Similarly, why does Anne answer the phone when Vicky has just told her about her malignant vision? Isn't she alarmed at all that her friend has made this astonishing statement? Finally, Vicky seems very blasé about Anne's distress over her baby brother; that felt kind of cold. A sentence explaining that might help, something like "Vicky was so shaken by her recent experience that she hardly heard her friend and was thus surprised when she left. 'Oh, OK, see ya' Vicky mumbled, finding herself alone at the table."

I look forward to seeing more of this, if you plan to post more here.
1年以上前 Night-Sky said…
Thia is a very good story! It seems lke your into writing the same sort of...stuff as me :p
Um, okay. First off: Do you know what a Wiccan is? I would like to know because although it is only breifly mentioned in this chapter, I would hate to see this ruined by getting the basis of a religion wrong. Just encase you don't know, Wicca is a nature based religion. I just thought I'd put that in there because many people seem to think that Wicca is a devil worshiping, evil religion. (Which it really isn't!)
Your first sentence is a bit too long. Try breaking it up into a few sentences or put some comma's in.
Okay, um, I have to go now, but I will finish reveiwing this peice later today or tomorrow!
Sorry!
1年以上前 pixie09 said…
big smile
baring in mind that i probably don't know what i am talking about when it comes to technicalities with writing ..

i like the general idea of the story so far. in my opinion, all that you have here is okay, you just need to expand on it. i feel that this chapter could be ten times as long with all the material that you have in it. and maybe be more subtle about appearances .. with the characters, try to make them more personal, like, introduce Vicky's appearance, age, job, home, etc over a few pages, so the reader will have to read more to find out about this chick, and in consequence they will become more involved in the story ..

but congrats on putting the chapter up here, im to scared of criticism to ask anyone to read anything ive tried to write seriously :p