マイリトルポニー〜トモダチは魔法〜 How did あなた found out this series?

Alue26 posted on Dec 12, 2011 at 09:30PM
Heya, it's me again.

I was wondering how you guys found out of this show.

This is my discovery: Like many internet browsers, I've found out that some guys had usericons and other art about the fenomenon, but I didn't payed much attention to it.

On a certain night, I decided to watch this series, and I have to say, it was really good. I began to watch it further, and now, I'm sold!

Now, tell me how you guys found out of this show.

マイリトルポニー〜トモダチは魔法〜 22 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 glelsey said…
smile
I used to be pretty active on DeviantART and I watch Lauren Faust on there. A few years back she uploaded some drawings of the G1 ponies in her style. She also said something about there being a reason for her uploading them, but before she revealed her reason I stopped going on DA regularly. There was a rumour though that her reason for drawing them was because she'd been asked to make a MLP cartoon series. That was merely a rumour at that time though!

Earlier this year (on this website!) I saw a couple of people with ponies in their user icons, and immediately recognized Lauren's style. So I gathered the rumours must have been true. I did a bit of research into the cartoon, then thought, "eh, I'll watch an episode or two."

I liked My Little Pony a little when I was very young (my best friend and I played with the toys a lot when we were about 5 or 6 years old) but they were never my favourite childhood toy. I liked some of the G1 cartoons too, but again it wasn't one of my favourite cartoons. But I thought I'd give MLP:FIM a chance because it was Lauren Faust.

I had remembered her once mentioning in her DeviantART journal how annoyed she was with girls' cartoons always being either too negative and stereotypically "moody, bossy teenage girl" (she used Bratz as an example) or so goody two-shoes that there was no room for character development, humour or originality. So I trusted her to do an okay job, seeing as she'd picked up on these details.

But she did more than an okay job - I saw the first few episodes and thought it was just great! Before I knew it I'd seen the entire first season, adored the characters, and was an active member of the brony community.

So that's my story. :D
Dragon-88 commented…
I 愛 the characters, too. They're really awesome! 1年以上前
1年以上前 thunderslasher said…
i lissend 2 the narwal song then thought about unicorns then ponys and i watched the show its awsome and im a 13 year old dude who loves this show!
1年以上前 fuzzykitten123 said…
Well...

I was on Flipnote Hatena and one of my favorite creators had made a Flipnote with Pinkie's No Fear song. She said where the audio was from and that we (meaning me and her fans) should watch it. A few days later, MLP:FiM was on my mind and I was going to my friend's house. We were on YouTube and I was like, "Hey, can we watch this...?" and we began to watch ep. 1 and 2, commentating. After the first episode, I was like. "Get the next one." She and I are both very happy pegasisters, but avoid conversation.

I have an owl necklace and I named it Owlaicious. :)
1年以上前 mrpekka555 said…
i saw some pony avatars on different web sites like gamespot. Later i wanted to know what this was all about. Then i remembered i have seen one of those ponies in avatars before. i wrote on youtube search "im gonna do an internet" from asdfmovie4. Then there came out videos and in one video icon there was pony.(rainbow dash) I had seen that video icon before. I clicked on the video and read comments. One of them talked about some fluttershy. searched it from google and i found the show.
1年以上前 brijbee said…
A friend of mine is VERY internet-savvy, and she often goes onto sites such as Reddit and Memebase. We were talking about memes when she mentioned this "new" meme called My Little Pony. I was like "Smile and Walk Away", but she kept pestering me about it. She showed me Soar (link) and I was like "WOAH THAT'S EFFING AWESOME". I started watching BronyVids trailers, thinking that he was mocking the actual series.

However, I picked up that the main audience was 15-24 year old guys. I was perplexed, so one afternoon I sat down and watched the first episode.

I have to admit, at first I wasn't impressed. I thought the animation was good, but I didn't particular like the characters. Not even, *gasp*, FLUTTERSHY. I was a monster, I know.

Enter Pinkie Pie.

As soon as Pinkie Pie was introduced, I fell in love with the show.

Aaaaand that's how Equestria was made! Maybe I'll tell you how I found the show some other time!
Dragon-88 commented…
I saw 虹 Dash and, BAM!! I thought it was cool. Actually, I think Pinkie also is the reason why I like the show, but 虹 made it cooler! 1年以上前
1年以上前 triq267 said…
Well for the about a year I've been listening to The Greatest Movie EVER! podcast, and one day I noticed that there was a new bonus episode entitled Three-Person Pony Apocalypse. I was like, "what the heck?" and listened to it, expecting them to rip on the show. But it turns out, the host and his two guests were bronies. But even after hearing their glowing review, I thought, "Ponies? Really?" But I thought it was funny, so I listened to it again. And again. And again. Eventually, I decided to look it up online, and found out about the HUGE brony fanbase, and after a month of research. I still wasn't sure. One day I got online to watch Batman: The Animated Series, my old favorite show, but, horror of horrors, it had been removed from the website I had been watching it on. Then in the New TV Episodes list, I saw that they had an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I remembered the podcast and my research and decided to give it a try. And I was hooked. Been a proud brony ever since. The End.
1年以上前 whiteclaw said…
cool
I saw refrences on the rage builder and On Random. I watched episoode one just to see what everyone was talking about. And now here I am, A PROUD BRONY!!!
 I saw refrences on the rage builder and On Random. I watched episoode one just to see what everyone w
Dragon-88 commented…
Hey, that's how I found out too. I watched one episode, "Baby Cakes", and instantly liked it! Why can't the MLP haters see the awesomeness it holds? 1年以上前
1年以上前 AquoMoon said…
Okay, I was at my house channel surfing on the t.v.because I got bored with the other shows then my cousin called me and told me to turn the t.v. to the hub so practically I did I was really bored so I did what she said and I was watching MLP:FIM. But the first times I didn't like it then after I went to my laptop to watch Death Note on YouTube, my cousin told me to type in MlP:FIM so I did and I watched another episode and I liked it a little bit so I began to watch more so I did and began to become a brony little by little

list of episodes I watched before becoming a brony:
Cutiemark Chronicles
Sonic Rainboom
Fall Weather Friends
Boast Busters
and Best Night
1年以上前 rafael64 said…
Just browsed The Random (4chan) and studying human reactions given them absolute freedom... then then suddenly I saw the images of ponies, so I began searching where something like This appeared on hell like Random from.

Found about MLP:FIM, seen season one, now up to season two. (I'm male 21 btw)
1年以上前 darkling_menace said…
i go on youtube a lot, and i was seeing a rising popularity with videos about ponies, mostly just random clips from episodes, and my initial reaction was "why is this so popular?", then i started noticing that the people i were subscribed to were also into ponies, and i kept asking myself the same question, then finally i was with my girlfriend and i said "screw it, we're watching the show" i looked it up the first episode on youtube, me and my girlfriend watched it, and it didnt really make me a brony, but it did compel me to watch more episodes, then i started looking at fanart, the my little pony wiki, here on fanpop, then i started to become a true brony, i have joined the herd.
1年以上前 TrollBerry said…
angelic
I dunno, Ive seen so many references on it and I didn't notice anything about it until I was like "well I should see what all this civil war commotion on the Internet was" so I saw a lot of the short videos "Fluttershy- yay" and stuff... I still didn't get the personalities of them so I was like determined to figure it out because I wouldn't understand some of the memes on the Internet. So I watched the first few episodes and skipped the singing and stuff but I actually didn't start off hating it like a lot of people and I also don't embrace it a lot. But I do find it really funny how you can make fun of some of the things on it and add bleeps. So I ended up enjoying it. Then I hit the end of the seasons and not I have to wait... But it's worth it!
1年以上前 Fluttershy4ever said…
Through a foreign friend. He's an adult who loves this show xD I'm an adult too. I didn't think I'd like it...but I do! 8D XD
1年以上前 Renarimae said…
smile
I watched My Little Pony Generation 3 when I was younger and felt that I outgrew My Little Pony. I saw tons of the pictures from the series and wondered why it was so popular then I started watching Friendship is Magic videos on YouTube and went on the FiM wiki. I decided to try watching the first episode and afterwards I watched the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and after I finished watching the seventh episode I became a fan.
Dragon-88 commented…
I watch 動画 about My Little ポニー Friendship Is Magic o YouTube also. I just listen with my headphones because I don't want my family knowing my biggest secret, which is this 表示する right here! 1年以上前
1年以上前 shadirby said…
big smile
I went On Demand looking for a laugh and I found My Little Pony. Remembering the old versions I clicked it and watched-I believe it was Green isn't Your Color-the episode. I actually really liked it despite myself. One night, me and my friend had a sleepover to catch up with the show. (Little did we know we got into it between seasons, so we were up pretty much all night watching the show) And now I've seen all the episodes!
1年以上前 Gumball17 said…
big smile
Well, there are some Fanpop friends of mine you can thank for that! =D link link link and link all got me into it, so props to them! =D
1年以上前 KotokoAihara said…
big smile
I was at a concert where people can text things and it will show up on a huge screen. And then people started texting about MLP and asking who was there favorite pony. After that I decided that I had to check it out because the concerts had mostly adults. Also, I used to watch the older series of MLP so I was interested for that reason as well. Plus the drawing are really cute!
1年以上前 -BelovedRobin said…
I just got into the series back in December. I was Skyping with some of my friends and my friend Aaron sent me this video. By the way, he's one of the biggest bronies I have ever meet. I listen to The Living Tombstone songs, over and over again. Until Aaron told me it was base off a show. I freakin' Netflix it and just ignored life.
1年以上前 xDark_Angelx said…
Well, I remember I use to watch a little of the older versions of MLP. Not much, but it was there in my noggin. I collected toys and even had DVDs (heck, I still have an old Christmas one about a pony named Minty in my DVD shelf), but it wasn't something I was hooked on. My sister, though, was such a big fan. So of course, she went ballistic when she heard of the newest version. Me? I didn't care so much; I thought it would be stereotypically girly because it's about ponies and friendship and magic. I'm a teenager, what else do you expect? I can't be alone. So originally, I ignored it like a lot of other crap shows my sister watched.

But while she was watching it one day and I was in the same room reading a book, my eyes and ears still paid attention to it. I don't know why; I have to have noise in the room from the TV or else I feel weird and maybe I just wanted to hear it a little. Confusing? I don't blame you. I don't remember what episode it was at all, my first MLP episode. All I recall is that once I paid attention, I realized it wasn't another cliche show. So I would sneak in a few episodes to watch when my sister flipped on the Hub, and eventually, I knew that it was-and still is-awesome. :)
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 tinkerbell66799 said…
I was checking the My Little Pony website because I hadn't been there in forever. When I got there, I saw the Friendship is Magic is Magic Ponies. At first I was like "WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!" but then after watching a few episodes, I was hooked. And that is how I became the proud pegasister I am today. This picture was like my reaction to first seeing My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
last edited 1年以上前
 I was checking the My Little ポニー website because I hadn't been there in forever. When I got there, I
1年以上前 Dragon-88 said…
I found out when I decided to watch "Baby Cakes". At first it seemed ridiculous, but it was actually funny! Watching Pinkie get sent back into the waiting room over and over was hilarious. And she somehow got back into the room where the Cakes' twins were. To be honest, it was the cutest episode I ever saw. Now I became the brony you see here today.
1年以上前 Sapling132639 said…
Well, I was browsing YT, until I came across a video titled something like "Pinkie Pie says woo for 5 minutes" and then I thought "Ooh Pinkie Pie!" then I clicked on the video, and I noticed the camera sometimes zoomed in on another pony (which was Twilight, but at the time I didn't know that) So, I got curious of who the other pony was. Then, when I got the time, I looked up the show that was mentioned in the description that Pinkie Pie wooing was from. So I chose a random episode from the list (Feeling Pinkie Keen) And during the episode, I was confused of who the characters were, since I was a stupid-head and didn't look up the first episode of the series. But after I watched a few other episodes (At another point, the entire season), I got the characters' names down and got really interested in the show :) ..Then I waited and waited and WAITED for season 2 to start :D!
1年以上前 mobiansrawesome said…
I watch the hub on cable. At first i thought it would be one of those cheesy, Dora the explorer/Spongebob squarepants types of shows, so i didn't watch any of it. after all, i thought, how good can a show be with the title "my little pony: frienship is magic" be? Then i noticed that my sister had become an avid watcher of the show. This roused a large curiousity in me because she NEVER watches anything like that. So i decided that if even she was watching, it MUST be a good show. So i decided to start watching. I started watching from the first episode on youtube, and still i didn't expect it to be that good. i thought the beginning was a little cliche, and i thought the theme song was ridiculous. But by the time the episode ended i was on the edge of my seat at i had wondered where had the time gone?! I was definitely ready to see the next episode...and the next...and so on. Now i am a true pegasister!!!