Fan-Made ディズニー 映画 DISCUSSION TIME

disneyislifeok posted on Jan 29, 2014 at 10:10PM
Hello, participants! This thread was created for an open discussion about the competition. Some essential questions: which criteria would you like included? How do we decide who wins? What will the winner's prize be? Will we have different categories? Will there be multiple winners? Etc. etc. Don't be afraid to ASK QUESTIONS!!!!
save

Fan-Made ディズニー 映画 7 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 Disneyfan9648 said…
I think all the questions you asked are very good... and I don't have the answers to them....
disneyislifeok commented…
Awwww.....that's a pity :( I think you're losing your head Olaf 1年以上前
1年以上前 MacytheStrange said…
Okay, I'll think about these, and post what I think in a few minutes. :)
Awesome! We've got the brain juices flowing here I like it 1年以上前
1年以上前 MacytheStrange said…
My opinions on your questions:

Which criteria would you like included? I think we should have multiple smaller contests within the club, one for summaries, concept art, ect. The criteria should be different for each. And we'll have a wide list of criteria for the overall movie contest.

How do we decide who wins? The judges all pick a favorite, and we make a poll of the favorites and judge by comments, I suppose.

What will the winner's prize be? We should have a finals article, that should focus mainly on the overall movie contest winner but also the winners of the smaller contests and the runners-up. For the smaller contests, a few props and a place in the finals article. For the overall contest, we'll gather a bunch of opinions of the overall fan-made movie and put them in the finals article.

Will we have different categories? Not positive what this means, but yeah, I think we should. We should have a summary contest, a concept art contest, a story contest and more, as well as an overall winner.

Will there be multiple winners? Yes! I've elaborated on it.
Ahhhh!!! This is so much to process. But from what I understand, this sounds good!!! We'll see what the others say 1年以上前
MacytheStrange commented…
Yep! And there are always sequels ;) 1年以上前
Disneyfan9648 commented…
I think we should have a "best original story" category too and then we can do "best adapted story" as well 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tygers_Eye said…
Should we include visual aids to our stories? I can't draw or paint very well, but I do know of pre-existing characters, landscapes, costumes, castles, etc. I'm basing my ideas on. Could I possibly post said pictures and have captions on the bottom explaining how my character, costume, etc. is similar but different?
That is perfectly ok! Add anything あなた want :) 1年以上前
Anything is fine! あなた should make sure to give credit if あなた use other's work, but あなた can use whatever. :) 1年以上前
Tygers_Eye commented…
Oh yeah, definitely. I'll be sure to explain who and what it is if I know, and if I just pick up a ランダム picture on a Google 検索 I'll look up where it's from and send a link. Heck, I'll probably have a 一覧 of cited sources at the bottom of my entry. 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tygers_Eye said…
I don't want to give away too much before the Big Reveal, but I was wondering if it's all right if the main character is not a princess? There is a princess in the story, but she's a deuteragonist the way Elsa is the deuteragonist of Frozen, and Jasmine is in Aladdin. (The deuteragonist is basically the second most important character after the protagonist.) The problem is the protagonist is neither a princess nor the princess' love interest, which I don't think Disney has done before, so I was wondering if this was all right?
Well, they did Mulan! Anyway, it's fine. Sounds interesting! 1年以上前
Tygers_Eye commented…
Oh yeah, that's right. For some reason I keep forgetting about her ._. Thank you! 1年以上前
Yeah, that's fine! I like how you're shaking things up a little bit. My princess isn't that major of a character 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tygers_Eye said…
"Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's done right." Never before have I appreciated that quote before now. I think I have a pretty good story setup, but I keep having to work out kinks, flaws, etc. I used to think it was amazing reading early story drafts to animated films and seeing how vastly different they are to the final products. Now, trying to morph this idea into something perfect for a member of the Disney Princess lineup, I appreciate just how much one has to remold the characters and story until they're perfect. I think I've changed the overall story three times, and will probably do so five times more until it's ready to start being polished.
last edited 1年以上前
Disneyfan9648 commented…
You're making me feel like I need to revise my story some more! Maybe because I revised it a lot before I actually started 書く it is why I haven't revised it as much but I don't know. .. 1年以上前
Yeah, I feel the same. My princess and my 愛 interest (or just friend, still deciding) need to be a bit もっと見る likable. 1年以上前
Wow...I think I need to give my princess a larger role! 1年以上前
Disneyfan9648 commented…
For part of my story the two main characters (Princess and hero) are fighting. I'm afraid they are getting too mean and they will be unlikable 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tygers_Eye said…
All right, I can finally post in forums again.

I have a question regarding sidekicks. Since you said multiple entries are all right, I've come up with another film idea. It has a strong central story and romance, but not many comedic side characters. I thought about adding an animal companion for my heroine besides her horse, but I don't really want one that's "cute" like Snow and Aurora's woodland critters, Cinderella's mice, Ariel's Flounder, Pocahontas' Meeko, Mulan's Crickey, etc.

Disney has kind of played with the "cute" princess animal companions before, like Jasmine's tiger and Tiana's "ugly cute" firefly and gator (both movies by the same directors, by the way). But they still have cute moments, like when Rajah gets turned into a kitten. And Disney has fallen back on the "cute" requirement with Paskel the adorable chameleon, Olaf the sweet Snowman, and Sven the reindeer with the personality of a Labrador.

I ask this because I want to give my medieval heroine a falcon or a fox. Both have literary symbolism in how they represent her free spirit, inner spirit, relationship with society, etc. And they would both play a serious role near the end of the story. It's just, I don't want the former to be "cute," I want it to look serious and dignified, like Aidan from Quest for Camelot or Shan Yu's falcon. But because of their serious appearance, falcons are associated with villains.

I guess the fox would work better, since The Fox and the Hound has proven you can draw them looking adorable... but I don't know.

Again, heroines from most family films (from any studio: Disney, Miyazaki, Don Bluth, etc) tend to have "cute kid appeal" animal companions, but I don't really want one for my main girl. Should I compromise with the fox?
I think a 狐, フォックス would be very cool....go with that! 1年以上前
And make it a female fox....girl power! :) 1年以上前
I like the ファルコン idea, a ファルコン could actually be pretty useful to the heroine. 1年以上前