Stand-up Comedy Test Your Comedy Knowledge, Help Me Remember Which Comedian/Album

moonweed posted on May 12, 2008 at 06:30AM
I worked at a used record store in the mid to late 90's & I used to always play this particular CD of a stand-up comedian that was absolutely hilarious. It's been so long that I cannot for the life of me remember who it was or what the CD was titled, but I've tried doing google searches of all the facts I can remember about the album - no luck. It's driving me MAD!! I could have sworn it was George Lopez, but according to the discographies I've looked at, the mid to late 90's is a bit too early for it to be him. Maybe one of you "comedy experts" can help me out on this. Here's what I remember:

1) It was a male hispanic comedian (I think...medium complected though). Medium built guy - not thin, but not stocky who was probably in his 30's maybe late 20's. Short dark hair. Clean shaven.
2) It was fairly explicit material (parental advisory stamp).
3) It was released in the 1994-1998 time period.
4) It had a really funny routine about a perverted radio DJ with a really low (Barry White-esque) voice who called himself either "The Love Doctor" or "Dr. Of Love". (NOTE: The comedian didn't have a low voice normally - I remember thinking that this particular track wasn't a live performance, but was done in the studio using effects processors for the really low voice & I believe that other performers were doing the voices of people who would call in to talk to the "Love Doctor" & then would get totally offended by what this perverted DJ was saying to them.
5) The cover was maroon or some sort of dark red & I remember it had a full body shot of the comedian in a nice formal suit standing in front of some sort of maroon plush/velvety theater-type background.

That's all I can recall. Can anyone really impress me & throw out the artist & album title??

Stand-up Comedy No 返信