ランダム・ロールプレイ Mages and Knights

Nojida posted on Feb 06, 2016 at 10:18PM
There are worlds where magic is a tool everyone possesses, worlds where mythical creatures are very likely to burst into houses and eat people's lunches, worlds where the closest thing to a cell phone is a piece of fabric, and worlds where knights and mages still exist. Merge all that into one, and you have Hillaian.

Magic and Crystals

As mentioned earlier, every living thing in Hillaian possesses some kind of magic; humans, elves, dragons- even ants, as recent evidence has shown. That magic can be control over water, fire, air, nature, or even things that don't necessarily have to do with the elements, like, for example, the ability to turn people into lizards. (Beware, that's breaking a few laws if taken too far.)

One can't use magic too much, otherwise they will, quite literally, burn up. To prevent young ones from accidentally doing so, the people have found a way to restrict their magic until they're experienced enough to control it- they give newborn babies a piece of crystal.
Those Crystals help one control their magic. If the owner somehow comes close to burning up, the Crystal literally shuts everything down, causing them to faint for a few hours.

As soon as the owner discovers what kind of magic they possess, their Crystal takes a certain colour.

Each kind of magic is represented by a certain colour. The elements are the easiest to recognize, as red means fire, blue means water, brown means earth, and so on.
Others kinds of magic may have different colours, or even be a mixture of two. For example, the ability to turn liquid into something solid (and vise versa) can be a blue/brown colour, with blue representing water, and brown representing earth.

Crystals grow from the ground, and can vary from mountains of the precious stone to tiny chucks of it. One thing is for certain- wherever they are, massive forests surround them, inhabited by any kind of creature imaginable.

One thing that isn't for certain is who they belong to.

Knights and Mages

Two deities have claimed the Crystals belong to them; one is called Phos, the other Skotos. The debate caused one kingdom to split into two- the one that followed Phos was named Afannus, and the one loyal to Skotos became known as Durrif. Ever since they were separated, the two kingdoms have been at constant conflict with each other, sometimes even threatening with war.

Because of this, both kingdoms gather young knights and mages from the city or nearby villages each year, hoping to train them into capable warriors. The apprentices may return to their hometown during the holidays.

The categories students are divided into are the following:

MAGES

They are the ones who are at least somewhat experienced with their magic. They are able to perform spells with ease, requiring less concentration than others. Most lack physical strength, as they mostly rely on their magic.
Usually, they are trained by other mages, but knights take turns in teaching them as well.

KNIGHTS

Usually, knights have difficulty when working with magic. Therefore, they use weapons to fight.
Knights are also able to form an Alliance- a promise between a knight and a creature of light or darkness, which forces both sides to assist each other. If the promise is broken, the betrayed side is free to take revenge.
Just like the mages, knights are mostly taught by other knights, but occasionally have training sessions with mages as well.

That is all. The train is waiting for you. Will you come aboard and prove your worth for the entire Kingdom of Afannus to see?

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
Age: (14-20. The older the character is, the more experience they have.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Colour of Crystal:
Knight or Mage:

RULES

- No over-powered characters, please. Even if they're experienced, they should still have weaknesses.
- No swearing.
- No one-liners. (This can be overlooked if your post doesn't leave the other person clueless on how to reply.)
- Have fun! That is an order XP

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I know I'm awful at explaining, haha. Apologies for making you read all this.

Knights:
Kaimer Haraveil -Nojida
Rei -Tiger_gaming
Claudin Haraveil -Nojida

Mages:
Annavere Haraveil -Nojida
Ann -Tiger_gaming
last edited on Feb 07, 2016 at 01:43PM

ランダム・ロールプレイ 58 返信

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 58

1年以上前 Nojida said…
Name: Kaimer (Kai) Haraveil
Appearance: Picture
Personality: Serious and polite, for the most part. He is fascinated with the history of knights, hoping to become one himself. (Personality is still under development)
Backstory: Kai and his sister come from a long line of knights, thus giving them no other choice but to train and become warriors themselves. They rarely ever saw their father, as he was almost always out on missions.
Colour of Crystal: Steel blue; steel magic.
Knight or Mage: Knight

Name: Annavere (Anna) Haraveil
Personality: Headstrong and impetuous, she always seems to be up to mischief. She's quick to make friends, as she isn't afraid to approach new people. (Personality is still under development)
Backstory: Ann and her brother come from a long line of knights, about which Ann couldn't care less. She enjoys working magic more than wielding a weapon, which qualified her as a capable mage warrior in their parents' eyes. The constant missions their father goes on irritate her.
Colour of Crystal: Brown; earth magic.
Knight or Mage: Mage
last edited 1年以上前
 Name: Kaimer (Kai) Haraveil Age: 16 Appearance: Picture Personality: Serious and polite, for the m
Nojida commented…
Note: The outfits they're wearing is the school uniform. 1年以上前
Tiger_gaming commented…
あなた drew that, dint ya 1年以上前
Nojida commented…
Yup, I always draw pictures for my main characters. This one's much sketchier than the rest, though XP 1年以上前
Tiger_gaming commented…
Cool I can only draw in sketch pads though 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
Name: Rei or "big brother" [or onii-chan if you may]
Appearance: pic
Backstory: although capable of becoming a mage, he went ahead and became a knight for unknown reasons also he is known as "the most skilled swordsman". The blue sword known as "dark angel" is made out of dark mithril, a metal only known in the deepest depths of the earth. So far it is the only one that is made
Personality: caring, courageous, "older brother" like, nearly too calm to show signs of emotion
Colour of Crystal: white and black [light and dark magic]
Knight or Mage: knight
last edited 1年以上前
 Name: Rei または "big brother" [or onii-chan if あなた may] Age: 20 Appearance: pic Backstory: although c
Tiger_gaming commented…
And yes his eyes really glow like that 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
[rei without the armor]
 [b] [rei without the armor] [/b]
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
Name: ann
Appearance: pic
Personality: adventurous, always smiling
Backstory: she is one of rei's best of friends, although they both went with the soldier whose surname is haraveil. Though the soldier told them great stories and always refer to his children as "Ann and Kai" he never ceases to amaze them with his great personality and comedic jokes.
Colour of Crystal: dark purple [demise mag., it literally is a magic that can deal a massive amount of damage. Although she used as an trump card in long hunting missions. And if she use this her magic will go down and might make her faint for a few hours]
Knight or Mage: mage
last edited 1年以上前
 Name: ann Age: 19 Appearance: pic Personality: adventurous, always smiling Backstory: she is one
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
[oh yeah they both are one of the few students who get picked for missions, but they are also treated like scholars, which they don't like at all]
1年以上前 Nojida said…
(Thank you so much for joining! ^^)
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
(Np!)
1年以上前 Nojida said…
(Hmm, I think we're ready to start, though we could wait for more people to join.)
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
(Your call)
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
(Also create a character profile for your character's father)
1年以上前 Nojida said…
(I wasn't planning to do that, but I guess he's gonna be needed in the future, so here goes...)

Name: Claudin Haraveil (AKA the Silver Knight)
Appearance: He resembles his son, with dark brown hair and grey eyes.
Personality: Outspoken and humorous, but strict when he needs to be. He has a strong sense of justice and, though terrifying when angry, he doesn't hold grudges.
Knight or Mage: Knight.

(Also, something I forgot to mention before- the Crystals are usually worn as necklaces, but others like to attach them to earrings or rings, depending on their size. Just felt I should mention.)
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
(Thank you! And thanks for the info)
1年以上前 Nojida said…
(Now that I think about it, there are way too many details I haven't shared (been working on this concept for a while), but I guess they'll be revealed later on.)
(Anyway, I think it's time to start this up!)

Letting out a long sigh, Anna stared ahead at the train that was approaching the station. She remembered something her brother had told her about it moving with the help of magic, but she wasn't really listening at the time. Not that she ever really paid attention to Kai.
The same thing was happening now, as her brother went on and on about all the exciting things they could do at the school they were about to be taken to. Anna didn't shake her head, didn't look at him, didn't give any signs of even listening, but Kai just kept on talking as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.
Mostly in an attempt to make her brother understand she wasn't paying attention, Anna examined the crowd around her. All around were parents seeing their children off, some of them her age, some of them adults. Of course, Anna and Kai's parents couldn't come to kiss them good-bye, they were simply too busy. That only irritated her more.
Picking up her suitcase, Anna stomped ahead, away from the crowd. She threw herself on a bench and crossed her arms, glaring down at the ground as if it had eaten her lunch.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
Running in the forest with a squad tasked to kill a dragon in the deep forest rei is protecting the other knights and mages, "ann? Anytime now" rei said as he cuts an another earth magic stone, "dragons are a tough bunch I tell ya" he said in his amor "done." Ann said as she fired a large beam capable of destroying the dragon.
Tiger_gaming commented…
Oh yeah rei's eyes isn't glowing, once he used the "dark angel" sword his eyes glows 1年以上前
Nojida commented…
Oh, that makes もっと見る sense. 1年以上前
1年以上前 Nojida said…
(Hmm... this situation actually gives me the opportunity to introduce some more characters!)
The dragon screeched once hit by the beam, its entire body withering until it was just a huge pile of molten scales in the middle of the clearing.
After a short silence, one of the mages muttered, "Gross."
"I know," another knight commented. Not even looking at the others, she marched towards to what used to be the dragon. It was starting to give off a rather horrible smell.
As she did so, the mage that had spoken before, known as Tas, opened his bag and started rummaging through. "Okay, I am not touching that thing. You guys put... whatever it left behind in the vase. Ann," he took out a brown vase, and held it out to Ann. "I did it last time, now it's your turn."
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
With a nod she took the vase and went to the corpse and collected the scales while she was collecting the scales rei is busy on the top of the trees, after ann finished she called rei down with a whistle then rei jumped down landing in front of ann.
1年以上前 Nojida said…
"So, are we done here?" Tas questioned.
The female knight nodded. "Yeah, this was the last dragon that betrayed us."
"Oh, good," Tas commented. "'Cause I'm getting hungry. When does the school doors open for the train?"
"That," the knight pointed at him. "Is a good question. Though we we're in no hurry, we've heard the speech plenty of times." She looked at Rei as she got up. "Did you see anything from up there?"
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
He shook his head no. Ann nodded and tossed the scales to rei who catched it, nodding he prepared to move out
1年以上前 Nojida said…
"Alright. Ozamri, Phersa- you guys lead the way." the female knight instructed. The two earth mages gave her a nod and started off, the veins on their hands glowing brown as they used earth magic to find the way back.
As the rest followed, Tas stayed back, waiting for his coevals to catch up. "So," he started. "anything exciting happened to you guys during the holidays?" He was mostly referring to Rei and Ann, knowing very well that the other knight, Eigna, wouldn't want to answer anyway.
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
"She clinged to me all day long" rei responded removing his helmet revealing a red hair and light blue eyes looking at ann who is busy talking with other female mages and knights. "How about you?" Rei returned the question as he held his helmet beside his waist
1年以上前 werandy said…
smile
Name: Phantom<-- nickname
gender: c-Boy but no one knows due to his history. an kill count
high: 6''
Appearance: pic later of him but his armor in mate black an strong made up of steel and a rare obsidian but he has no armor on the right arm as it slows him down in a fight. his helmet is full armor no opening to see. he wears a belt with a white cloth that was once on the mage
Personality: after a fight that left him grim, and watching is savor die it left him hateful and grim he doesn't talk... a lot
Backstory: after a fight at young age of 14 that left him on his death bed he allowed a mage to heal him after that he sworn the protect her but he was hated by other knights for doing so. and after watching her be ripped apart by monsters. it made phantom into the monster he is today he lets his pain power him he is almost un kill able but he has a one or two lost fights he hates males but deal with working with them and is caring of females. he is known to use weak magic to help him fight but I his senses are unbelievably strong and tuned. he's known to fight male knights for fun mostly winning. he likes to work alone but if it be he will work with some. he has killed a knight after he forced himself on female now he works as a guard for a female noble. still doing missions if needed.

for safety weakness: himself or a bet

Color of Crystal: reddish black / Flame magic.

Knight or Mage: Knight but has studied Magic with the mage

( hope his good for this)
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
[hello!]
1年以上前 werandy said…
how do I come in?))
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
(Your choice)
1年以上前 werandy said…
Phantom was at a tavern drinking some water when a female guard walked up* Sir we have something for you* phantom smiled throwing his mug at the wall* alright lets go...* he stands up and walked out the tavern followed by the guards*
( short ik idk how to being him in oh the pic below is Phantom without armor)
last edited 1年以上前
 Phantom was at a tavern drinking some water when a female guard walked up* Sir we have something for
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
As they walk rei heard a small rustle in the bushes, putting on his helmet and grabbing a normal sword he went and took a look only to find footprints, human ones. He examined it only to find it fresh.
[Lets deal with some bandits eh?]
1年以上前 werandy said…
are you talkin to Phantom??))
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
[sorry but, no]
1年以上前 werandy said…
oh okay...))
1年以上前 werandy said…
Phantom was at a bandit as he was told to kill all of them for 1,000gold*
1年以上前 werandy said…
sorry i'll post more of the post later in class))
1年以上前 mcterra said…
Name: Obsidian

Personality: Calm, coolheaded, serious most of the time, quite lazy

Backstory: Nothing much is known about Obsidian. He hardly talks about himself and is shrouded in mystery. Even his mates don't know where he truely comes from or what are his objectives.
He is also one of the experienced knights that are usually assigned advanced missions but due to his lazy nature, he mostly ditches stuff like hunting sessions and training.
He is ambidextrous and hence uses dual swords made with a rare red metal that absorbs the blood of those he slashes.

Colour of Crystal: Black crystal; shadow/ black mist magic (An earing he has on his left ear)
He has equally formed an Alliance with a magic creature known as Joshua. Joshua isn't one, but an entire mass of crows. The black birds are fuelled by Obsidian's magic and they have the ability to literally eat light, thereby plunging an entire area into darkness and giving Obsidian a massive advantage in combat. The crows can also be used for spying, attacking with their razor sharp beaks and wings or for defense. The shriek of one of the crows is quite unpleasant but the unified cry of Joshua can cause ear bleeding, hallucinations and amnesia.
Crows always precede his entry and are always seen whenever he is around.

Knight or Mage: Knight
last edited 1年以上前
 Name: Obsidian Age: 20 Appearance: Picture Personality: Calm, coolheaded, serious most of th
1年以上前 mcterra said…
Obsidian in armor
 Obsidian in armor
Tiger_gaming commented…
His armor and rei's look similar and his sword looks like the opposite of his 1年以上前
mcterra commented…
yeah i noticed too 1年以上前
1年以上前 mcterra said…
A lone crow flew over the forest and perched on a tree not far from the hunting party. Miles away, Obsidian was walking through the forest, making his way towards the hunting party. He had his suit of armor on except for the helmet which he was carrying in his arm.
It was quite unusual for Obsidian to join in a hunting session. That day he was going to hunt too though. He had nothing else to do and he wasn't able to find sleep.
He just hoped the others weren't done with the hunt yet.
Another crow flew down and perched on another tree not far from the hunting party. The two crows watched the knights and mages, their red eyes glistening.
Obsidian kept walking, knowing exactly the direction in which to head.
1年以上前 werandy said…
Phantom pushed himself in a bandit and smiles as his sword pushed deep into the bandits gut and laughed louder as other bandits swords brake on him left arm* did you really think that would work??* she drove his sword into another bandit and stops when he notices the bandit leader holding a sword to a girls neck* we told the nobles we get paid and she lives* he slowly runs the blade along the girls neck then cuts the rag of a shirt off* but since your here killing my men I'm gonna kill you then have my sweet time with this girl* Phantom twitched his right arm started to glow as a dragon in the open field next to the camp bursts into guts and fire. Phantom uses this split second to left his right arm closing his fist that makes the Bandit leader's head explode in blood and what seems like fire.
Phantom catches the girl before she hit the ground her hair on fire but put out and Phantom cradles her in his arms and heads to the open field were the knights and mages were picking through the dragon remains as he walks the girls puts a hand his Phantoms faceless helmet* My Knight.. t-thank ... .you* Phantom smiles and nods*

( sorry but I had to bring him in somehow )
1年以上前 Nojida said…
(I'm so sorry for not replying, last few days have been pretty busy. Anyway, thank you for joining!)

"...and then the bear started chasing Kashlie-" Tas was saying, but was interrupted by Eigna smacking his arm- which made him yelp in pain, as she was dressed in full armor. Drawing her sword instinctively, Eigna pointed it at the direction Rei was looking at and watched as another knight emerged from the bushes. He had a girl in his arms.
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
"Oh..." rei said as he saw phantom. With a small grin he noticed a bandit trying to escape. In a blink he under drew the blue sword and his eyes glowed then the next second he neared and putting his blade on the neck he appeared in front of the bandit with eyes glowing the bandit tried to fight back, with a couple of swings of an near pro swordsman. Rei just dodged with ease as he played with the bandit then in a small light emitting from his eye forming a line that passed through the bandit, he was cutted to four peices and then putting his blue sword on it's sheath he looked back at the amazed party, "you missed one" rei said as the bloodlust emitted by the sword disappeared."reckless" ann whispered behind the other mages, "too bad he died though" , one knight said calmly
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
[oh yeah they will feel unparalleled bloodlust coming from rei, but he can control it, and he successfully mastered it in 5 days straight of wielding it]
1年以上前 Nojida said…
Tas crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, as if he'd seen things like this plenty of times. "Show off."
"Rei, I'm going to have to agree with Ann," Eigna started, taking off her helmet to reveal curly black hair and deep brown eyes. Her voice was strict, as always. "You could've just caught him or knocked him unconscious- there was no need to kill him."
1年以上前 mcterra said…
"Killing is one of the rarest pleasures known to man. It is something many humans crave for."
Obsidian said as he emerged behind the group. He had watched the entire scene unfold. He walked calmly towards them, one of the perched crows flew down to his shoulder.
"But stupid, unjustified killing has nothing human to it."
He said, as he glanced at Rei. "The sooner you understand that, Rei the better."
1年以上前 Nojida said…
The members of the group turned to face the newcomer. Furrowing his eyebrows in surprise and confusion, Tas said, "Obsidian? How come you're here?"
1年以上前 mcterra said…
Obsidian turned to Tas and gave him a blank look "Tas...how come you're asking me that question? I'm a knight too." He said as he joined them. "Its true that I always avoid such tasks but I decided to follow instructions today. I wanted to see how being an exemplary knight feels." Though he seemed to be joking, he didn't crack a single smile as he spoke.
1年以上前 Nojida said…
Tas tilted his head slightly, examining Obsidian as if trying to find something on his face. "Y'know, I can never tell whether you're joking or not."
Eigna huffed impatiently and sheathed her sword. "Well, it's nice to finally have you with us, Obsidian. Care to explain why you are so late?"
"Yeesh, calm down, will ya?" Tas spoke up. "At least he's here now. Besides, you're not the leader."
Eigna raised an eyebrow, but Tas stared back just as intensely. Finally, Eigna rolled her eyes and walked over to the dead body of the bandit, indicating that the argument was over.
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
"Yeah,yeah" rei said as he felt like he is a kid getting scolded for doing a prank, walking back to the rest of the group he noticed that ann is crossing her arms, "rare to see her that angry" rei thought to himself.
1年以上前 mcterra said…
Obsidian joined Eigna next to the dead body. He examined it for a moment without a word. He then looked at Eigna "Can Joshua eat the body? My crows haven't had fresh flesh in a while."
He said in the same stoic tone.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 werandy said…
Phantom walked passed them all as the girl was now passed out in his arm . he didn't care who they are or why there here but few seconds later the girl yells in pain. that makes Phantom drop her and steps away drawing his sword* Damnit I was to late. . . that sucks* he grinned as she yelled more in pain as she slowly transformed into a banshee she starts to float. Phantom looks back at the others hoping they didn't see this* he pulls out a book in his left hand and opens in fast like as he finds his page the Banshee scream and swings at Phantom hitting an sends him flying at the group but lands on his feet just a few feet behind them and stands looking dumbfounded an coughs* uhh sorry about that* he mumbles as he pushes his way around them and runs at the banshee sword drawn*
1年以上前 Tiger_gaming said…
Rei noticed something was off "a force that blew phantom back...." he mumbled to himself but ignored it simply the fact that he tried to hide it, ann aproached him "be more careful, geez" she said as she wiped blood out of his helmet with a caring tone.
1年以上前 werandy said…
Phantom jumped dodging another swing from the banshee talking it. it opens it jaws and bite his helmet Phantom smiles as he mumbles a spell right before ramming his baled into the banshee's gut killing it with the rune he put on the sword. he rolls to his onto his back as he lays then he hears crows an sits up. Phantom takes his helmet off so he can see the hunting party* hah good thing no one noticed that. . .gold's all mine *
1年以上前 werandy said…
( to think you all would have heard the delfting scream lol))
1年以上前 Nojida said…
Eigna glanced at one of the crows, briefly wondering just how many of them were following Obsidian. She didn't fully trust the creatures -or rather, the creature-, but hoped Obsidian knew what he was doing when he formed an Alliance with it. Snapping out of her thoughts, Eigna nodded. "Yeah, sure. There's not much we can really do now, so-"
She was interrupted by a terrible scream, which seemed to have come from the trees near them. Jumping to her feet, she draw her sword once again, some of the other members staring into the woods cautiously.