ハリーポッター Harry Potter 読書 Party! [Chamber of Secrets]

fanfly posted on Jul 31, 2011 at 07:19PM
Read and discuss the Chamber of Secrets here!

Each book will have it's own forum so when you move on to the next book, also move on to the next forum!

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
 Read and discuss the [u]Chamber of Secrets[/u] here! Each book will have it's own フォーラ so when あなた
last edited on Jul 31, 2011 at 08:02PM

ハリーポッター 12 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 fanfly said…
Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive. Mr. Vernon Dursley had been woken in the early hours of the morning by a loud, hooting noise from his nephew Harry's room...
 [i]Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, イボタノキ, プライベート Drive. Mr
1年以上前 fanfly said…
I really love how throughout the book there's so many hints that Ginny is the one who's opened the Chamber of Secrets. They seem obvious now but when I first read the book, it came as a complete surprise to me.

And I can't get over how funny Lockhart is. He's just so clueless and self-absorbed. Every scene he's in makes me laugh. I especially loved the Dueling Club scene.
1年以上前 r-pattz said…
Lockhart is a great character! And I love Hermione's crush on him! It seems so unlikely that she'd like such an airhead, but that's a schoolgirl crush for you. xD I also found it hilarious how all the other teachers hated him... "Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?"

But I have a question: Why did Dumbledore hire him in the first place? Yeah, Lockhart had all those books about "his" adventures and accomplishments, but I'm sure Dumbledore saw through all that...?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 fanfly said…
^Maybe Dumbledore hired him simply to avoid hiring Snape? I think he wanted any of Voldemort's followers to think that he didn't quite trust Snape. And DADA teachers are hard to come by. He probably knew he was scraping the bottom of the barrel with Lockhart but had no other options. As I recall, Lupin and Moody required quite a bit of convincing to take on the job. And Umbridge was assigned by the Ministry wasn't she?
1年以上前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
See idk...the whole Dumbledore/Snape thing, as much as we know, is still confusing to me at times and definitely mysterious. We know that Snape and Dumbledore joined together because Snape loved Lily more than anything else but if Lily had survived and stuff would Snape have been likely to go back to Voldemort? Idk.

I never understood hiring Lockhart...maybe it was to keep Snape at bay.
1年以上前 fanfly said…
Oh my goodness, I just finished it and I had forgotten how incredibly good the last few chapters are! There are just so many things I love. Lockhart's Memory Charm backfiring on him. The scene between Riddle and Harry- just so incredibly intense. I love the whole concept of the memory of Tom being inside the diary and attempting to get out. Riddle really was a brilliant wizard.
Also the scene with Dumbledore at the end- how he was so gentle with Ginny and all the brilliant things he said.

But this brings up something I've pondered quite a bit. I've seen complaints that Harry's abusive childhood is played up while Tom's is played down. That Tom's situation was actually more pitiable that Harry's. I cannot disagree more. I think their childhoods were pretty much equal in misery. Both of them grew up as orphans in hostile environments, neither of them knew anything of their late parents until they were older and neither of them were aware of the wizarding world. They were both abused physically and emotionally. Wherein lies the difference is in how they reacted.

At the age of 11 [possibly younger] Tom reacted with resentment, enacting revenge on those who did him wrong- to the point that they were seriously traumatized.

Harry on the other hand- although he has no affection for the Dursleys, he's never actively sought to harm them. Accidentally setting a snake on Dudley hardly counts.

When Harry learns he is a wizard, he thinks there must be a mistake, that he's nobody special.

When Tom learns he is a wizard, it only validates his sense of self-superiority. He's always known he was special.

When Harry comes to Hogwarts, he's humble. He makes true friendships and stands up for those who are picked on. He uses the skills he learns to help people.

When Tom comes to Hogwarts, he manipulates his peers and teachers into giving him what he wants and uses all the knowledge he gains to further his own path to power.

It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.

So incredibly true. Tom and Harry's childhood are practically the same. Harry could have ended up as full of hatred as Tom. But instead he chose friendship and self-sacrifice. So in conclusion, I cannot find any pity for Tom, in spite of his miserable childhood. He was given the same opportunities at the same time as Harry and he chose power and the Dark Arts.
1年以上前 Bangel90 said…
I've always liked this book; I have to say that even to me it's obvious now that Ginny was the one who opened the Chamber but I remember being so surprised when I read it, poor thing.

And I admire Harry's complete bravery down in the Chamber and meeting Tom Riddle..discovering they had so much in common but Harry doesn't have hate and pure ambition on his side, he doesn't feel like he's the best or special cause he's a wizard. It's one of the things I love most about him: he's so humble it hurts.
I really agree with that you said fanfly, you spoke my mind.

Overall, I love this book for so many things...the trio's friendship forming, Ron starting to express worry for Hermione (even Harry of course but he kept it more to himself) and I see now the details of Ron starting to care for her but when I read it I didn't realize it was like this.

ABout Lockhart..I asked myself the same thing. Why would Dumbledore hire him? I just think he wasn't ready to give Snape that position probably cause Snape wasn't also. He must've had his reasons (Dumbledore's reasons are usually really good).

Moving on to POA, which I've already started.
1年以上前 HuddyJoy0524 said…
@fanfly ive always thought that Voledmort was a sociopathic. by the time dumbledore visits him he already shows classic signs of it. i dont think that was necessarily jk rowlings intention but thats how ive seen it....

you have a good point though. also @bangel yes you can start to see the beginning signs of romione in COS :) It's not until GOF, though, that it begins to become more obvious lol
1年以上前 simpleplan said…
I think Lockheart was the only one for the job it was said in the book i think
1年以上前 oreocat134 said…
@r-pattz I was also surprised about Hermione's crush. She seems too smart to be crushing on a guy that's almost too good to be true.
1年以上前 HanGotThere1st said…
laugh
I know it's random but I used to play the film of the book in the playground with two boys who played Harry and Ron, I was always Hermione. So effectivly most of the break time I was lying down on a bench being petrified while the guys were getting to do all the action lol
This is why this book will always remain in my heart
xxx
1年以上前 emmarupertluver said…
I'm starting!