Battlestar Galactica Finale! What the frak?!

ahastie7 posted on Mar 29, 2007 at 08:41PM
I'm assuming everyone here has seen the finale, but I don't want to spoil anything. I'll just say...hmm, well, I'm not sure what to say. I can't wait to see how they figure out this situation. Very interesting! Does anyone have theories? Are you happy? Disappointed? Confused? I can't believe we've got to wait until 2008!

Battlestar Galactica 9 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 Ithinkformyself said…
I thought it was frakn' awesome this show has only gotten better and better
1年以上前 ahastie7 said…
I agree! I can't believe we have such a long wait until we get back to these characters. I guess we'll see some of them in the special 2-hour tv movie, but it won't give us any resolution or explanation to the cylon mania. Great show. Can't wait till Season 3 comes out on DVD!
1年以上前 harold said…
I thought the build-up of the song was very interesting over the course of the last few episodes, though it did tip the hat for me that they were Cylons. Still, the versions of "All Along the Watchtower" have been so varied and so different - I'm a fan of Jimi's, myself - that it had me guessing what the music was.

I'm very interested in seeing which person is the last of the twelve Cylons, though. Is it Kara? Or the President? Or even Lee? I'm leaning more toward Kara, myself. I'm also very curious to hear the explanation of how she survived the explosion (of course, if she is the last Cylon, that's explained pretty easily).

More than anything, though, I want to get some resolution to the questions of "why" - why did the Cylons plant these deep undercover five? Also, *when* did they do so? Unless the Cylons have mastered time travel (I'm not suggesting this), they had to have replaced the humans with Cylon counterparts at some point in their lives (we know that Colonel Tigh predates the first Cylon war, much less the second - and we know this not just from his memories, but from Bill Adama's memories, too)...why? In other threads I've posted my hunches from watching season 1, surmising that all the Cylons' actions have been dictated by a terribly complicated master plan/predestiny, and I haven't completely abandoned the idea. It certainly holds a great deal of appeal to me.

It will be very interesting to see how they continue the story into another season, because it seems awfully close to a resolution now.
1年以上前 nutmeg42 said…
You made a lot of great points and I am also leaning towards Kara as the 12th Cylon. The music was awesome but I love the older music too. And the same question is in my mind. Why? I'm sure that this season will definitely hold the answers to most of our questions.
Is it true there is only one season left?
1年以上前 athena said…
Here's something to chew on...in the original series, the cylons "reported" to someone. Remember the whole "By Your Command" thing. Well, whose "command", I wonder...the 12th cylon, methinks.

As for the four new cylons, I'm still not buying it. I might just be in denial, but it's too easy an answer. I'm thinking there's another reason. Maybe something happened to them when they were all on new caprica that makes them hear the music. ...?

Tyrol as a cylon would make Nicholas another cylon hybrid.

Yes 2008 is too far away, and sad to hear it's all coming to an end, but what a ride it has been!
1年以上前 fire_and_ice said…
I just read what Harold said, and it got me thinking about how Starbuck survived the crash. My theory is that the baseships that have jumped right near Galactica are those that are manned by the final 5. If that is true, then isn't it possible that Starbuck died and was downloaded onto one of their resurrection ships? And if she said that she had been to Earth, then isn't it also possible that the 'final 5' Cylon group have already landed on Earth. This could also provide a reason as to why the other Cylons are so eager to find Earth.
1年以上前 puntiglio said…
OK, here is how I take it. Kara Thrace is the 12th cylon. She and Adama (jr) are the only survivors who make it to earth. Face it, one of the cylons has to survive, to solve the religious overtones of a monotheistic God, vis a vis, cylon polytheism. It would be nice to solve the problem of Adam and Eve. Gaius is the God image (get it?), and Number 6 is kind of an archangel. It all fits, and it is the only way that we get to a) resolve the Cylon/Human conflict and get to earth with some promise of a future.
1年以上前 nosemuffin said…
I think that Gaius and Six are Adam and Eve. Or Zeus and Hera.
1年以上前 Deprevo said…
HAPPY, The season got better and better as it went on.