ディズニープリンセス Do あなた Think They'll Ever Make a Lesbian Princess?

HaileyBlack posted on Apr 25, 2014 at 04:41PM
If they did, do you think people would accept it? How controversial do you think it'd be? What would your reaction to a lesbian princess be?

ディズニープリンセス 17 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 coolsinger198 said…
nope becuz some people dont approve of it. i dont care really but disney wont. if they do make a lesbian heroine, she wont become part of the lineup
1年以上前 Tygers_Eye said…
I think they will when the mainstream stigma against it dies down. So... maybe in 30-40 years at the earliest. While Disney will never include strong religious beliefs from their main characters in any film for fear of isolating people not of that religion (while The Hunchback of Notre Dame takes place in or around the cathedral, the main characters Quasimodo, Esmeralda and Phoebus are very secular characters), I don't think they would portray any content that would seriously anger the average conservative Christian American family type. Because, like it or not, the conservative Christian right makes up a huge chunk of their audience. And right now, people of that moral ilk are up in arms against the mere mention of homosexuality.

While I would personally love a lesbian princess, I don't think we'll see one any time soon. Not until the controversy dies down and it becomes accepted by the mainstream.

I guess it's kind of like the first African American Princess. Disney made one... decades after overt mainstream racism was quelled and the dust kicked up from the 1960's and 1970's Civil Right Movement finally settled.
last edited 1年以上前
HaileyBlack commented…
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I like to think that they'll eventually do it though. It'd be a great way of giving struggling kids a role model. 1年以上前
1年以上前 BelleRose829 said…
Sadly no, the majority of their audience (Christians) don't aprove, I'm a christian but I like the idea of equal rights to all that includes media appearances. Tiana didn't show up until 49 years after equal rights was established. 2006-2009 was the peak of equality and with a the new African American "support" films coming out is was the perfect timing to release PaTF. So since gay right just STARTED to be accepted in the 90's we won't get a Gay princess or prince until at least, eh 2048 give or take. However this might be more widely accepted if, it took the picture of Mulan, a minority, subtle gender exchange, with voice actors that are gay maybe portraying or bringing to life a great character. Building up the lead to gay princesses. Gay really means happy which in that sense, they ALWAYs make homosexual princesses. I hope they make it soon. Just be away some animators at Disney are christian and could even quit unfortunately. :/
1年以上前 HaileyBlack said…
I wonder what princess they could make gay though? They always take their princesses from existing fairy tales, and there are no fairy tales where the princess is gay. Then again, PatF wasn't about a black girl working as a waitress in New Orleans. I just wonder which fairy tale they could change up for it.
Annabethandco commented…
ディズニー doesn't really care about sticking to the fairytale though, do they. They could easily do it if they wanted to. 1年以上前
1年以上前 TheCrystalRing said…
Ooh, I would love them to, but I think it is highly unlikely in this age or the next. Unfortunately, our society is very stigmatized towards groups that they think are lesser or morally wrong, and until that changes, I don't see it happening.
1年以上前 shanyuisboss said…
Yes, I think they will make one. I don't approve, many people wouldn't approve, but I definitely think they will in about 10 years. I mean, they've already made their first lesbian characters on Disney channel, Mulan is bi on OUAT, and they have made some LGBT side characters in Disney so I think the Lesbian DP or gay prince would probably be coming soon. Then again, probably not, I don't honestly know when.
BelleRose829 commented…
ディズニー isn't in charge of what they do on OUAT, and there are no OFFICAL LGBT side characters. I wish they would, I like the way あなた think. :3 1年以上前
shanyuisboss commented…
Yes but honestly they don't need to say straight out say "Hugo is bi" for him to be that way. He was making キス motions towards Djali and we can all see that. It wasn't subliminal または anything like that. または look at Pleakely, that was just something that is impossible to deny. He is a guy, his name is Wendy, and he wears dresses all the time and pretty much refers to himself as a girl. I see him as a clear trasexual. 1年以上前
1年以上前 BeautifulBeasts said…
No because disney is still caught up in Christianity and other stupid religions that think it's wrong to be who you are, and to fix something you can't help. I hope disney will seriously doubt it.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Four likes? It's called respect people. Insulting religions when あなた don't even know the whole story. Christianity, among other religions, don't say it's wrong to be who あなた are. There are different interpretations, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks that way. -.- 1年以上前
rosemina commented…
Seriously, あなた should not insult religions even if あなた 're not religious. あなた should complain about narrow-minded people who make their own interpretation of a religion rather than simply follow its words. Because あなた know, ジーザス Christ didn't wake up one 日 and said: Well, あなた shall all hate the homosexuals"... -.- 1年以上前
1年以上前 Silverrose1991 said…
smile
Eventually they will. I think people just need time to get used to the idea of same-sex couples.However, some countries, like Brazil, where I live, are really homophobic (well, maybe that is a harsh word, but most people seem to have the image of an stereotypically effeminate man when they think "gay"), so it might take thirty-sixty years to release a lesbian princess, IMO.
Tygers_Eye commented…
Pretty much my view. They will... when the stigma against homosexuality leaves their mainstream ワスプ, ワピー audience, who is their target demographic right now. 1年以上前
BelleRose829 commented…
Agreed. 1年以上前
1年以上前 coolsinger198 said…
yea, i live in New York, a pretty cultural and liberal state, so people always protest and want people to have rights here in New York. But in some conservative states like Texas, people dont like gays and lesbians.
1年以上前 324anna said…
Maybe in 15 years, but the world isn't ready yet.
1年以上前 hajirah4 said…
Yes, they prolly will. They should, I mean, being gay should be considered something normal now. Before, african-americans were mistreated, but today if anyone sees one pass by, it's nothing unusual. And never should've been unusual in the first place. Right now, I think that everyone is giving the right amount of attention for gay rights. It will only be normal if the majority of progressed countries abide by their justice. Then it'll be just as normal as seeing a man wearing a kilt, really. Nobody will say anything. When that day comes, I'm guessing it'll be 2040, or a few decades more. That's when I will guarantee to you, that by then there will be a gay couple somewhere in a Disney princess movie that's NOT some sort of easter egg, because there will be a demand for it, and by then nobody will care. 'Cause it's NORMAL! No biggie, it happens everyday. Everyone will come to accept it soon. But they won't make it right now :/ Disney doesn't take risks. HUFF.
1年以上前 prinelsa said…
No.NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO.It just won't happen.End of story.
manu962 commented…
And the reason?? 1年以上前
CRaZy_rawR commented…
^^ 1年以上前
Silverrose1991 commented…
^^ 1年以上前
misscindyspice commented…
^^^ 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
As a person from the south, I say that will NEVER happen. I feel Disney will lose hundreds of thousands of fans should they ever make one. Besides, they'll think twice before making a move like that. Period, end of sentence.
manu962 commented…
People are becoming less homophobic now. Maybe after a few decades it will be considered normal によって people. Who knows? I wouldn't say never. 1年以上前
Like Manu said: One 日 (if ディズニー still exists then) it may happen. The world changes. It is changing for women and for races. It will also eventually change for LGBT (it is actually already changing, but not in th same level as the others). 1年以上前
BelleRose829 commented…
あなた may have your certain 閲覧数 on things, but it's nothing wrong with it. And now that people are もっと見る open to this sort of thing, it hopefully will happen. 1年以上前
1年以上前 BlondLionEzel said…
smile
As long as she is hot, I don't care.
Wow... 1年以上前
misscindyspice commented…
Geez... 1年以上前
1年以上前 Sk8er__grl said…
As much as I would love to see a same-sex couple in Disney, I don't want Disney to do it to soon. Even if same-sex marriages are legalized in all he states there still will be hate towards it. If Disney threw out the idea of prince an princess and did prince and prince or vice versa it will spawn a lot of parents to try to shut down Disney, ending the happy place that we all know and love. I don't think so many people should shove this idea in Disney's face (I'm not saying anybody here is, but outside of fanpop I've seen a lot of people do it) just because it might come off as stereotypical and cheesy. I do think Disney is getting close though, just slowly. Disney now supports the Gay community by giving them a day all to them selves at Disney world, and lately there have been not one but two girls in the Disney canon without love interests. So I think soon they might have a non-lead same-sex couple and I support a couple like this in the near future.
1年以上前 rosemina said…
Well, if it happens, it 'll be after many many years. I am not homophobic or anything, but I personally don't like the idea. I think that it simply won't look good.
1年以上前 BelleRose829 said…
Hopefully some day.