dclairmont posted on Feb 24, 2014 at 11:22PM
Let's go Team Aurora!! :)

Leader: dclairmont
Members:
BraBrief
rhythmicmagic
dclairmont
AudreyFreak
 Let's go Team Aurora!! :) Leader: dclairmont Members: BraBrief rhythmicmagic dclairmont Au
last edited on Feb 28, 2014 at 03:14AM

ディズニープリンセス 48 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
big smile
First order of business, voting on a team captain! I vote for rhythmicmagic for team captain :)

Once we've voted on a captain, each of us has to post an icon and we'll vote on which one we want to represent the team by March 3rd :)
1年以上前 rhythmicmagic said…
big smile
Oh, thank you dclairmont! I vote for you!
Also, just a heads-up that I will be out of town starting this Friday for about two weeks.
Yay Aurora!
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
You would be a good leader, dclairmont :)
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Leader of Team Aurora: dclairmont :) Thanks guys!

So, now that rhythmic is going to be gone for a while, BraBrief and I will both make an Aurora icon and we'll decide which one should represent our Team! :D
rhythmicmagic commented…
Great! 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
AudreyFreak is now a member of Team Aurora as well!! :D Remember guys that we need to have an icon to represent our team by March 3rd..I'll try and make one tomorrow :)
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Here's my icon :) It's not very good..I'll try to make another one later tonight..
 Here's my アイコン :) It's not very good..I'll try to make another one later tonight..
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
I made a similar icon for a contest. I love how I edited this image (recoloring the dress and the pillow) so I decided to re-use it again for a contest.
 I made a similar アイコン for a contest. I 愛 how I edited this image (recoloring the dress and the pil
1年以上前 AudreyFreak said…
The text is almost going out of the pic, but there wasn't any way I could make it smaller. I might make a better one later.
 The text is almost going out of the pic, but there wasn't any way I could make it smaller. I might ma
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Okay, so now we need to choose which icon should represent our team! Icons are due tomorrow! I vote for BraBrief's, but both look great! :)
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Erm..well today's the deadline, so we kind of need to submit an icon asap..I'm just gonna submit BraBrief's icon since no one else voted..
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
I'm sorry, I was busy in these days... My aunt had a tumor and she had to remove it, I was in hospital.

I'm glad you chose my icon ^^
dclairmont commented…
Is she alright? :o Don't worry about it, those things always come before this! 1年以上前
BraBrief commented…
Yes, thank you, now she's at ホーム :) 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
smile
Okay, new challenge! We have two weeks to get this done, so let's get to work! This round has three parts to it, make a banner, draw a drawing, and make an article talking about why we love Aurora. Soo, does anyone want to make a banner or do a drawing (I remember BraBrief that you made an amazing Aurora icon in the old Team Games, we could reuse that since Team Games died last time if you'd like)? I'll compile the banner, drawing, and a paragraph by each of us about why we love Aurora into an article :)
BraBrief commented…
Sure, I'll 提出する the banner I made for the 前 game! 1年以上前
1年以上前 princecatcher93 said…
Hey team Aurora, how is it going?
BraBrief commented…
Fine :D 1年以上前
dclairmont commented…
It's going great :) 1年以上前
1年以上前 AudreyFreak said…
Why I love Aurora:

Aurora fascinates me as a character, because while we see a lot of her personality, a lot is open to interpretation. She's pretty much everything I love in a female character: responsible, feminine, imaginative, a bit sassy, perceptive, not rebellious, proper but a bit free-spirited too. Not perfect, but very admirable. My favorite Game of Thrones character (and literary heroine), Sansa Stark, reminds me a lot of her at times. While I admire her obedience and responsible attitude, I also find her relatable. I'm also not good at making decisions when what I want conflicts with what might be the proper thing to do, I love being alone (especially in nature), I want a little more out of life but I make myself content with what I have sense I can't leave it right now. She's interesting, admirable, relatable, so what's not to love?
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Here's the banner :)
 Here's the banner :)
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Why I Love Aurora:

I could write entire articles on why I love Aurora (well, I've actually already written two) and even that wouldn't be enough space to summarize why I love her so. Ever since watching her movie last year she's been a favorite of mine and I know she'll always have a special place in my heart. I love how Aurora is very mature, selfless, and strong, but also playful, tricky, and imaginative. She has a very sneaky nature and sense of mysteriousness that I'm just drawn to, and although we don't spend much time with her, the time we do is amazing. I love how she's so comfortable with the animals, and how she plays around with them, but around Phillip she's shy and awkward. I love how she's indecisive, which I can relate to, and how she doesn't want to be treated like a child, another thing I can relate to. I love how she has a tough time telling her aunt's how she really feels, and how she can be slightly pessimistic. All in all, Aurora is amazing; she's got a great personality in the little time we see it, and I relate to her a lot.
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Ok Team Aurora, we've only got 3 more days to get all of this ready! Right now all we need is a drawing (if no one else wants to, I can do it) and descriptions from BraBrief and rhythmicmagic :)
Hello again!
Aurora is everything a princess should be. She's gentle, kind, selfless, and oh so dutiful. Not to mention she's also graceful, elegant, and beautiful, and you have a perfect storybook princess! But Aurora isn't just a pretty face and gentle spirit. She's playful- she's the type of person I can imagine hiding in wait for someone to surprise them! She's also rather dramatic, wouldn't you say? Who else would you imagine throwing herself down in tears because she discovered she was a princess! She also has a philosophical side that I love and is so often ignored. The way she relates her life to nature in I Wonder is something that fascinates me. I've always believed Aurora is a Ravenclaw because she's an abstract and creative thinker, and that's an aspect to her that I highly admire. But ultimately what I love most about her is how dutiful she is. Aurora always does what she believes she has to for those around her. Despite her (rather melodramatic) unusual reaction to becoming a princess, Aurora goes back to the kingdom and serves as a princess. Whether you see this as spineless or strong I think says more about you than Aurora, and I've always seen it as a sign of her strength. Gosh, this got long, and I still have so much more to say! But I'll leave it with this: Aurora is the most regal of them all.
dclairmont commented…
Wah, awesome description!! :) 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
hmmm
Uhh, I know it's not the best...if anyone else would like to try, go ahead..
 Uhh, I know it's not the best...if anyone else would like to try, go ahead..
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
I posted Team Aurora's article :) link

BraBrief: I hope it was okay that I just took your description about Aurora from the old Team Games that we never got to use ^-^
BraBrief commented…
It's ok, thanks :) 1年以上前
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
What's the next challenge? C:
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Alright guysss, NEXT CHALLENGE!

Everyone read this article as an example: link

So basically, ever member of the team posts their rankings (not including Anna/Elsa) and a short description as to why you place them there, you average the results, and there you go! So let's goo! Good luck guys :3
BraBrief commented…
I can't see this link =/ 1年以上前
dclairmont commented…
Sorry, here's the link: link 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Here are my rankings, I'll give descriptions later//

1. Aurora
2. Pocahontas
3. Snow White
4. Anna
5. Merida
6. Cinderella
7. Elsa
8. Jasmine
9. Tiana
10. Mulan
11. Rapunzel
12. Belle
13. Ariel
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Actually, Anna and Elsa are included :)
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
1.Aurora - She's just perfect. Everything she does is graceful. I used to dream to be Aurora.
2.Rapunzel - I like her creative personality and I related to her in a important period of my life.
3.Ariel - Ariel is part of my childhood. Moreover, I love legends about mermaids.
4.Jasmine - I love Jasmine's pride. She reminds me that be stubborn isn't so bad (because I'm stubborn too)
5.Belle - I have a love/hate relationship with this princess. I don't like how she act, but I really relate in her about how she is treated by people.
6.Mulan - As Belle represents my outer behavior, Mulan represents my inner feelings how I live in the world.
7.Elsa - Actually, I liked Elsa only during Let It Go (when she was free to be herself) and at the end of the movie, when she stopped to be depressed.
8.Anna - Anna is funny but a little selfish because she didn't even try to understand her sister's feelings.
9.Snow White - She's a very iconic character.
10.Merida - I like her but she's another character who really doesn't analyze the whole situation... but everyone of us was a intractable teenager. Sometimes I see myself in her because I had misunderstandings with my mother too in that period.
11.Pocahontas - I think she has a deep personality, but for the other things... I just can't find her interesting.
12.Tiana - She's so boring... Just work, work, work... and never have fun. It's important to have a goal, but... relax, sometimes.
13.Cinderella - I hate her weak personality. She let her step-family to treat her like a servant in her own house!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
dclairmont, if you need help for article's pictures, just tell me ;)
dclairmont commented…
Wahh, thanks! I'll go and message あなた right away :3 1年以上前
1年以上前 AudreyFreak said…
1. Snow White. I've liked her since I was a kid. She personifies hope and innocence but is hilariously bossy! I love how while she's so sweet and altruistic she isn't afraid to be stern with them. She's so admirable and wonderful.

2. Aurora (they're actually tied but I decided if I had to pick I'd lower Aurora). I relate to her so much! I'm also stuck in a certain place in life but am trying to make the best of it. We're both so imaginative and socially awkward, but I admire her so much for being so obedient and kind. I love how while she's so proper and elegant, she's the most free-spirited of the Classic three.

3. Cinderella. The best role model (along with Snow). She's dreamy but very grounded, bitter but tries very hard to be strong and stoic. She's very humble and never lets her bad life make her cruel to anyone. She's so easy to relate to in her struggles and realistic personality.

4. Pocahontas. The more I think about her, the more I LOVE her! She's also really easy for me to relate to. I also wonder what my destiny is and am on the watch for it. She's both mature and playful and loves nature like me. I love how like Aurora she's a free spirit but is elegant. I find her fascinating because a lot of her personality contradicts itself- being mature but childish, dutiful but a bit rebellious, etc.

5. Anna. It is SO HARD to choose between her and Elsa! But my love for Anna keeps growing. I admire her unconditional love so much! She's brave, very sweet, and definitely the funniest princess. She isn't that original, true, but she's very relatable to me (I also have felt really alone and trapped) and I think she's the most loving Disney heroine ever. I wish I was more like her in that sense.

6. Jasmine. I can either really like or really dislike Jasmine. She's a realistic teenager and I can find her interesting or annoying because of this. She can be a brat, rude, and too quick to judge people, but she's also fearless, crafty, and romantic. I love that while she obviously likes to think she's a strong independent woman, she needs help a lot. It's much more realistic than the typical female buttkicker who can magically do everything!

7. Elsa. I still love Elsa, but more as a DP than a character. My opinion on both girls keeps changing though, so I wouldn't doubt she'll rise again later. I love how close to is in personality to Aurora and Cinderella! She's so elegant and queenly. But I think people overrate her for honestly dumb reasons and the fact that everyone is saying she's symbolizes (blank mental disorder or social problem) makes her less enjoyable to me.

8. Tiana. I think her personality is a bit bland, but I love that she's very warm and just lights up when she talks about her restaurant. I also relate to having to work all the time (but not because of having a goal). I like that while she's very efficient and sensible, she isn't people-smart at all and is rather intolerant. She's more realistic that way.

9. Rapunzel. Like with Jasmine, Punz is a hit-or-miss with me. I love that she's artistic and how she reacts when she first leaves the tower! She's very charming, but I wish she were more original and find her too selfish and defiant.

10. Mulan. I love how Mulan is so loyal and obedient. She is not the rebellious tomboy people think she is. She's willing to marry a stranger to honor her family and I think she's very admirable for putting them first. I just find her overrated and a bit perfect.

11. Merida. I love that Merida is the only princess (besides Anna) to own up to her mistake and also try to fix it. I like how while she's a wild tomboy, she's eloquent and cunning. I just don't care for the "strong independent womyn" thing.

12. Ariel. Ariel is fun to watch, so wistful and enthusiastic, and her bravery is admirable. I just prefer characters who are better role models is all.

13. Belle. While I do think Belle IS a better role model than Ariel, she does a lot of dumb things for someone who is supposedly the "smart princess" and her personality isn't very inspiring. But I like how cultured and graceful she is.
last edited 1年以上前
dclairmont commented…
I 愛 your 一覧 soo much <3 <3 Now that you've started to 移動する Elsa down, our lists are looking even もっと見る similar! If Merida would 移動する up on your 一覧 our lists would look almost identical. 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
I have been thinking about it, but I think my opinion on ムーラン and Punzy would have to change for that to happen soon. also, are my ranks too long? I just NOW noticed あなた 発言しました they're supposed to be 2-3 sentences... 1年以上前
dclairmont commented…
I think it'll be alright.. :) 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Okay now I just need rhythmicmagic's list and then I'll calculate the averages :)
Last to the party!

13. Cinderella- I think she's a snoozefest.

12. Jasmine- I like her personality and I think she's be a really cool person to hang out with, but I also think she's a hypocrite and a doormat. What happened to that independent lady from the beginning?

11. Rapunzel- Ooh, I hate putting her here! But three have to be in the bottom. I, like many others, do find her overly perfect. I also can find nothing original in her character, she seems to me like all the other princesses put in a blender.

10. Merida- I really hate the archetype she represents. You know, the ultra femininity-defying, disrespectful, angry, insufferable woman/girl who's supposed to be what independent women are to strive to be like? For a while I had her at the very bottom just because I so strongly associated her with Katniss Everdeen (DON'T get me started on her.) But now I see her for the beautiful character she is. Still too "strong, independent woman" archetype for me, but I really like her personality and she really is undersold by a lot of people for her great characteristics.

9. Elsa- Again, I really don't like having her this low, but I just like the others more. She's basically tied for eighth but we can't have that. I really like the way she was constructed and I definitely think she deserves all the accolades of complexity she's given. I mean, how many other princesses would try to kill those guards like that? I also like how even though she decides she's going to put her past behind her, she isn't actually able to until the end. Very realistic.

8. Anna- Yep, these two are right next to each other! Anna is one of those characters with so many sides to her that can be seen in two different positive or negative ways and it all depends on how you look at her. I look at her positively. She grew up just as isolated as Elsa, because while Elsa was locked away, she also got most of her parents' concern, as well as the whole won't-open-the-gates thing. Even though she's been isolated from her sister for years, she would still do anything to try to save her. She's definitely one to be a princess and not the queen, but she's really kind and compassionate and I really like her.

7. Belle- I think Belle is a really round character and don't think she's a Mary Sue like most people. She's open-minded about the Beast. She's kind to the Beast and selfless to give her place to her father. That was incredibly brave of her. I love how much she values knowledge. However, she also is unwilling to admit when she's done wrong, overly curious, and an intellectual snob. Belle is a great character.

6. Snow White- Again, she's practically tied for fifth, but we need to have definitives. How do you not love Snow White! She's just such a ray of sunshine in everything! She's always so kind to everyone and so happy! She just puts a smile to your face! I also love her negatives. I mean, she's so bossy! She makes the dwarfs fit her cleanliness requirements in her own home! But she's Snow White, so it's just so cute! And that's just how Snow White is, you just have to love her!

5. Ariel- My favorite thing about Ariel is her lust for life. She wants to be human so badly that she'll give anything to be there. To her, anything is worth it. She gets so excited blowing the bubbles and watching them pop, everything is so exciting to her when she is in the town that she often completely ignores Eric, and look at the way she is so eager to take the reins and drive the horses! Everything is beautiful to her, and her exuberance is contagious!

4. Aurora- I love Aurora so much! She is so elegant and refined and gentle, everything a princess should be! She gives everything for a people she's never met. And there's so much subtlety in her character that she's so often sold short! She is philosophical in a way people seldom recognize. Look at how she speculates about whether her life would mirror that of the birds! She has so much more mental strength than people notice. She is able to stop freaking mind control from freaking MALEFICENT for a second there! And I do fully believe that it was a selfless conscious decision to go and accept her duty.

3. Tiana- Oh, I just love Tia! She's fierce and saucy and I love it! She's also incredibly driven and hard-working like no other. She sets a great example for kids that anything worth having is worth working for, but also that success is not worth sacrificing what is morally right. She shows that we need to have balance and can't let our business overtake what is truly important and to have perspective. Basically, she can teach something to everybody while still being a really fun, enjoyable character!

2. Pocahontas- I will always love Pocahontas. I love her combination of childishness and maturity, and of fun and daring and perspective and solemnity. Pocahontas is an actual person, not confined to what one thing is considered to be who she is. She, like everybody else, reacts differently at different times. She really kind of reminds me of that "screw writing strong women" quote that's going all around Tumblr, because she is that character who encompasses many facets.

1. Mulan- Oh, Mulan, always first of my heart! The first time I saw Mulan it was on TV and I had to go to bed even before she left home, but she still was immediately my favorite. That clumsy girl who failed with the matchmaker just spoke to me. But she also is such a beautiful character after that clumsy entrance. She is, I fully believe, the bravest of the Disney Princesses, and not just because she puts on armor and goes to war. She does everything she does totally selflessly, with not a hope of anything she can get of it for herself. She puts her very life on the line so that she might be able to save her father. And that's why she's such a wonderful character.
dclairmont commented…
It was only supposed to be one to two sentences XD Maybe I can condense? lol 1年以上前
rhythmicmagic commented…
Yeah.... あなた know how I get! Go ahead and condense! 1年以上前
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Okay, here are the results for the team!

1. Aurora
2/3. TIE Snow White/Pocahontas
4. Anna
5. Mulan
6/7. TIE Elsa/Jasmine
8. Tiana
9/10. TIE Rapunzel/Ariel
11. Cinderella
12. Merida
13. Belle

Averages:

Snow White: 4.75
Cinderella: 8.75
Aurora: 2
Ariel: 8.25
Belle: 9.25
Jasmine: 7.5
Pocahontas: 4.75
Mulan: 6.75
Tiana: 8
Rapunzel: 8.25
Merida: 9
Anna: 6.25
Elsa: 7.5
dclairmont commented…
全体, 全体的です I'm really happy with how it turned out! The 上, ページのトップへ four is my 上, ページのトップへ four exactly, in the same order too! (Pocahontas and Snow are tied atm, but I choose Pocahontas slightly). Sad Merida and シンデレラ ended so low, but alas :) Our opinions were pretty different in general, the only princesses we all agreed on was Aurora and Elsa (three out of four of us had her at seventh place, the other at ninth) 1年以上前
rhythmicmagic commented…
I'm pretty sure I single-handedly put ムーラン in the 上, ページのトップへ 5! 1年以上前
dclairmont commented…
^Yeah XD 1年以上前
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
This is an example for the article: What do you think? I know that in princesslullaby's article there are also the averages, but we are 4 here, so... Personally I like it, if you like it too, I'll make the other picture! :D
last edited 1年以上前
 This is an example for the article: What do あなた think? I know that in princesslullaby's 記事 there
dclairmont commented…
Yeah, it looks great! :D 1年以上前
BraBrief commented…
Thanks! Is there a problem if I didn't put averages? I think あなた can write them directly in the 記事 1年以上前
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Here's Pocahontas
 Here's Pocahontas
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Tiana
 Tiana
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Here's Cinderella
 Here's シンデレラ
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Here's also Snow White
 Here's also Snow White
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Mulan :)
 ムーラン :)
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Anna
 Anna
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
smile
All of the pictures are looking really great!! Thanks for doing them :)
BraBrief commented…
I'm happy for doing them X3 I'll do the rest soon, something tomorrow 1年以上前
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
I made Elsa quickly :) Good night *it's time to sleep for me* :P
 I made Elsa quickly :) Good night *it's time to sleep for me* :P
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Rapunzel! :D
 Rapunzel! :D
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Let's try to get the pictures done as soon as possible :3 The deadline is in two days!
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
^ Sure! Here's Jasmine.
 ^ Sure! Here's Jasmine.
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Ariel <3
 Ariel <3
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Here's Belle and...
 Here's Belle and...
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
... Aurora! I finally finished all images!
 ... Aurora! I finally finished all images!
1年以上前 dclairmont said…
Ah, thanks so much for doing all of them!! They all look so great! I'll gather them all into an article and post it later tonight ^-^
BraBrief commented…
you're welcome :) 1年以上前
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
Hi guys! I just wanna tell you that I'll be offline for a week from this Sunday. I go to my hometown (Belgrade, Serbia) to **drum rolls** sew Aurora's Princess Dress for my cosplay! :D I'll make it there because the price is lower than in Italy. So, if there will be a new challenge, I'll join when I'll come back!
1年以上前 BraBrief said…
smile
Hi guys, I'm back! What's going on here?