ヴァンパイア People obsessed with Twilight series...

S0ulsUnit3d posted on Jan 25, 2009 at 01:46PM
Ok, guys who are:
Have you read any other vampire books? If you haven't then you would like Twilight. But if you have read other vampire books you'll realise how bad Twilight is compared to those other vampire books.

I'm not saying I hate Twilight, I'm just not stimulated by the fake vampires and annoying plot - but I love the wolves (Go Jacob! WOOT!)

It just really annoys me because there are so much better vampire books out there, like my favourite - The Secret Vampire. Its where this guy is an unknown vampire and he turns his best friend - the girl he secretly loves - into a vampire coz if he doesn't she'll die from cancer in her pancreas (thats not just it btw,there is so much more)

That is so much better than Twilight.
last edited on Jan 25, 2009 at 01:50PM

ヴァンパイア 31 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 xiqui said…
heart
jajajaj i'm totally agree with you!! is anoying that everybody say that twilight is the best book about vampires when theres a lot of books that are way better!! (and the wolfs are awesome, jacob is the only reason that i like twilight)
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
wink
lol, glad you agree with me! I was expecting a load of Twilight fans to send me hate mail ha xxx
Thanks for your reply x
1年以上前 pixie09 said…
big smile
lol, im a massive twilight fan, but im not going to send you hate mail. that is only the over the top insecure people who do that ..

i dont like this book because of the vampires, and i definatly wouldnt say that it was the best vampire book ever because apart from the fact that i cant judge, having not read many in the genre, vampires isnt really what the book is about ..

i hate how everyone says that it is a really good 'vampire' book. did they not read it atall?? .. the whole story is a romance ffs. the vampires are just there to make that romance more complicated ..

anyway cant be bothered going to deep lol, but i hope you ca see my point ..
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 h8o said…
laugh
The twilight books are definetly not the best vampire books(i like the vampire diaries)and its an ok romance book....the vampires are there to make romance more difficult yes but so is Jacob and the other wolfs.....(go jacob)
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
Yay guys!!
Now I'm expecting some crazed twilight fan to explode....can't wait!
1年以上前 babybell said…
wow. I never thought i'd be in a forum with so many people who agree with me. I have read Twilight, but i also have read and watched several other vampire things and that made me hateeee hate hate the 'vampires' in Twilight. They aren't like vampires at all really, and it gets on my nerves when people say they are. As h8o said, they are just there to make the romance more difficult. I like Twilight, but that's because i looveeeeeeee Jacob and the other wolves, not because i think the Twilight vampires are in anyway realistic to what a true vampire would be :P
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
kiss
Yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!
Wooooot!!!!!
Yup babybell, there are so many crazed twilighters that you don't think people with think twilight isn't very good!
1年以上前 martemora15 said…
crying
how can you say something like that bout twilight? :'(
i DO think it's the best book ever (not best vampire-book, best book) because i like the story (the cullens triyng to fit in like so many other people, and love can beat anything)and i like tha characters (like edward ((don't you dare to say he doesn't have a personality!)) ) and even though i think this is the best book ever, i have still read and watched other vampire stuff (even though that's not what the book's really about) and i still think this is the best. but if you hate it so much S0ulsUnit3d , then why did you post a forum about it? imagine everyone posting stuff about things they hate...that wouldn't be very nice now would it?
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
Well martemora15, I did not say at all that I hate Twilight! I do ... like it - otherwise I would not have read the whole series.

This isn't a haters club for twilight - this is just a discussion!

I'm not going to challenge your opinions - because that is what they are - opinions! Just like I have opinions!

I am assuming you are a very avid reader as you believe twilight is the best book ever. I have read WAY better books - vampire books, love stories etc, etc, ETC!!!!

I just felt disappointed that people have closed their minds to twilight and are ignoring all those other amazing books that Stepehenie Meyer got her ideas from :'(

Thanks for your opinion though! I didn't mean to upset anyone!
1年以上前 tushtush said…
cool
Oi, S0ulsUnit3d, you say "I didn't mean to upset anyone!", but you earlier said:
"Yay guys!!
Now I'm expecting some crazed twilight fan to explode....can't wait!"

How're you gonna justify this one, eh? EH? :p (Scottish accent) Just kidding, lassie, I agree wit ya on this'un. But not aboot the not wanting e reaction, joost aboot the Twilicht not being the best Vampire boook. (Scottish accent off)
:D
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
oi tush tush
that is right, i did not mean to upset anyone but obviously people would be touchy about it.

Anyone else with opionions?
1年以上前 alexapetrelli said…
heart
Thank you!
Twilight is AWFUL compared to the other vampire books!
I can read nay vampire book except Twilight, I can't get into it AT ALL.
And looks like you ain't the only one that hates the vampires but love Jacob Black XD
1年以上前 Ovybo said…
I've read Twilight and I love it but I think it's not the best vampire book I've read but it's up there in the romance category.
Stephenie Meyer(author of Twilight)said she wanted a love story with a twist. The twist was vampires and werewolves of course and the vampires and werewolves were the only thing that kept me reading the series besides then awsome characters and their personalities and all that stuff(I love the vampires AND Jacob Black). And Twilight is NOT awful compared to other vampire books! All authors have their own ways of putting out things!

Also, I'm am not one of those crazy Twilight fans that just LOVES Edward Cullen. I think he's sorta cute but there's this other book... Never Mind!

All I'm saying is...umm, If you wan't know what I'm saying read my coment over again. And if you liked it send my a prop! Just a suggestion! :D

Oh! And don't go picking me out of this black hole of coments just to critisize me. It's my opinion!
1年以上前 bendaimmortal said…
Could at least the fans of real kind vampires STOP talking about Twilight as if it was a vampire book? It might actually make a difference. Small but maybe significant, to how the fucking Twilight is seen in the future. -.-

Twilight's truly a higschool forbidden romance tale that just happens to have supernatural creatures involved. The "vampires" are not the point of the book so much and even if they were, the "vampires" are not vampires.

So could we old-fashioned vampires fans begin somewhere and not talk about that thing as if it was a vampire book?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 DanBackslide said…
The funny thing is, Twilight is not THAT bad. Granted, it's still a steaming pile, but it is certainly no worse than the majority of stories you would find on Fanfiction.net. It also is not so bad compared to vampire movies such as, say, Dracula 3000 or Sorority House Vampires From Hell. What gives the title its notoriety is not so much its level of mediocrity as how it's been held up as a classic: a groundbreaking literary masterpiece that such writers as J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis could only dream of conceiving.
DanBackslide,
personally I think that's exactly one of the reasons why it IS, THAT bad. goodness and badness are relative matters and I think clear and unfair over-rating does effect it in a way.
1年以上前 DanBackslide said…
When I said it wasn't that bad, I meant it wasn't that bad compared to movies such as Dracula 3000 or Sorority House Vampires From Hell. But yes, I do think it is a horribly overrated piece of crap and a mockery of vampire media. When it made the transition from book to movie, it's quality rose from "godawful" to "really bad." I don't think it even deserves to be called a vampire book.
"I don't think it even deserves to be called a vampire book."

It doesn't. Because it's not. As the creatures are far from regular vampires usually used in literature and everywhere and the idea / plot isn't even focusing on the vampire theme really but the fucking forbidden teenage romance.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Molly6291 said…
smile
I am a twilight fan and I love the movie
1年以上前 caitlincookie22 said…
angry
im a twilight fan but im not going to BLOW UP!!!!!!
1年以上前 Ovybo said…
I'm going to "blow up" because I like arguing my point.
1年以上前 caitlincookie22 said…
laugh
good point, ovybo.im a twilight fan and i don't like it when people like to make fun of us , or try to annoy us- i mean im sure that anti twilight people are fans of something too! :) (sorry i felt like making a point)
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
kiss
Hey twilight fans, sorry that I mocked you and you were offended :P
It just reminded me of my own beloved friend who would attack someone if they ever spoke a bad word against twilight.

But yeah, even though bendaimmortal says twilight isn't a vampire book, its justs a teenage romance - actually it kinda is a vampire book because it has vampires in it. Then again you could say its a werewolf book, except it is mainly about falling in love with a vampire therefore it is a vampire book. I don't really care if you guys wanna scream back at me I'm just saying a point.

The point is - it is a rubbish vampire book or rubbish book and why it is hyped up so much is ridiculous. That is what I created this thread for. And I am surprised and glad that so many people agree with me!

However it is rubbish and so trashily addictive that you have to find out what happenes. I hate it compared to everything else.

Yeah, so I feel like I'm being mean for some reason. Haha. No joking. Yay I'M HYPER.
1年以上前 Ovybo said…
I can't speak for my fellow Twilight fans but that emoticon is mocking me.
1年以上前 pixie09 said…
kiss
lol this one?? --->

ty SOulsUnit3d i feel so consoled now thanx to that emotion :D

i love twilight .. just thought id remind ppl again :D
1年以上前 destuctogirl said…
Okay I will jump and state my opinion. I did not read the book, I figured that I would watch the movie and then go back and read the books, that is just kinda how I do thinks when it is a book to movie things. I was really excited about the movie, went and bought it at midnight the night of the release. Came home and watched it and have never been so disgusted in my life. It was nothing like I had been led to believe. I thought the plot was thin, the charactes shallow and the people no that interesting. I love vampires shows, I love romances, I can watch read pretty much anything, but not Twilight. My sister on the other hand loved it and she is older than I am, so it definately isn't an age thing. People like different things which is what makes these sites so much fun.
1年以上前 Lycan500 said…
cool
For all you Twilight fans, please do not get mad at me. I am just stating my opinion, that's what this site is For. Ok, I am not a Twilight fan , but I have read the book. The reason I read Twilight because it had jacob in it, other than that I wouldn't even touch the book. Anyway, I personally thought that Twilight was copying off of Vampire Kisses( Is a really good book by the way, way better than Twilight!) It just had the same plot as Vampire Kisses. You know the Vampire in Vampire Kisses is Alexander Sterling, the super hot Vampire who falls in love with a human girl, named Raven Madison. Anyway they can't be together because he's a vampire and she is not. It's just like Twilight, but the thing is Vampire Kisses is way better than Twilight! If you don't believe then read the book. Anyway back to my point, I thought the vampires in twilight was dumb, with a capital D! I mean they wen't really Vampires at all. Especially when Edward went out in the sun, His whole body sparkled like diamonds. Get real people! Vampires don't sparkle when their out in the sun! They die! Simply as that. I'm kind of wondering if Twilight should be called a Vampire book. The book is too predictable. I mean you know what's going to happen at the end. There both are going to live happliy ever after. How boring! But, no the movie was even boringer and stupider. I personly like Harry Potter better, because it keeps you guessing all the way and Twilight doesn't do that. The characters in Twilight are also too predictable if you ask me! None of them change over time, beside Jacob! He was the only reason why I even read the book. Oh, another thing too, most girls like Twilight is because Edward! He makes me sick! So, all of Twilight fans can get mad at me, but you know I'm right! That's why I'm writing my own book and it's called Midnight! It's going to be about Lycans and it's going to be way better than Twilight! Go Jacob and vampires suck!
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
Ooh that seems really interesting - i love lycans! Have you seen Van Helsing??

I totally agree with you there. Actually it has been a while since I made this thread. I still believe Twilight is the stupidest thing created but it is definitely great for laughs. I am much more tolerant of it now. I'm only gonna watch the movies for Taylor Launter - LOVE HIM!! Also I read all the twilight books to see what taylor would be doing....
1年以上前 Lycan500 said…
People what's wrong with you, Twilight is not the best Vampire novel written, Vampire Kisses is ( which by the way is being made into a movie!) I don't even consider Twilight a vampire book! The book makes me sick!
1年以上前 S0ulsUnit3d said…
smile
Yeh, that's true, I agree.

1年以上前 itchygum said…
heart
Obviously, I am a year late to reply but it's ok if not even one person reads this.

I am a Twilight fan and nothing anyone says can change my mind.I'm not a fan of super-scary vampire books, and not a fan of lovey-dovey stuff either, but this is that stuff. That means Stephanie Meyer hit a home run with this book, as a matter of fact, when I read these books, my heart tingles for Edward to be near Bella because even I feel the chemistry between them. I even watch a movie in my head as I read, I was once so lost in this book, the day had passed and it felt like ten minutes. So go ahead, make fun of me, Twilight, or Twilight fans. You will read this book, and think the same as all crazed Twilight fans.

Oh yeah, one more thing, Twilight has inspired me to write lots of vampire stories on this website. Thank you for reading this. I hope that you take this to heart!