The Host Ending, Your Thoughts

edwrdluvr posted on May 26, 2008 at 03:04AM
Although I'm happy that Ian and Wanda got to be together, I hate the body that they chose for Wanderer. Why would they chose someone who was so weak when they knew what kind of work had to be done and what kind of body she was used to. Didn't they realize that the transition would be easier if the body was more like Melony’s? It seems pretty irresponsible to me. I personally would have made a more useful choice. Maybe I just need to read the ending a few more times for it to sink in but I really don't like it right now. What are your thoughts about the ending Meyer chose?

The Host 17 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 cheergeek said…
I Love that she got a body at all!!
and she's real pretty too. Wanda has a real nice personality, so maybe it suits her.
I really didn't mind, I was soooo happy that she was with Ian and I guess I accepted her new body quickly. =D
1年以上前 edwrdluvr said…
yea i guess im happy that she got to be pretty but i stil dont like how weak she was.
1年以上前 xshelleyxp said…
Althought I was SO happy that Meyer gave Wanda life (tears of happyness!)I was actually shocked about the body they picked. You can look at it this way.... I think the fact that she Was so weak, it made the people that never liked her, like her a little more than if she had a larger, stronger body. I guess it mentioned that in the book also. But the ending....finding others ROCKS! Humans WILL prevail!! Ok...and maybe we can also live happily ever after with worms. LOL
1年以上前 shortynme said…
Yeah I thought it sucked that Wanda was weak, but I also thought it suited her a little more than a body like Melanies. Besides, she can get her body like that. The body was just spoiled and rich so *shrugs* lol.
1年以上前 xshelleyxp said…
Was it me, or do you guys think Melanie should have been more "connected" to her at the end. I may have to re-read but it seemed as though Melonie was just in the background. They formed a sisterhood together, I would have thought that Stephanie would have written them to be closer. I want them to make a movie about this!!! Twilight is coming out in Dec...it would Rock if they did one for The Host.
1年以上前 whitechoco said…
i kinda hate the ending because it left me hanging,, they were about to get to a good part when they get to meet new people and ian and wanda get to know each other more.. i guess i just want ian and wanda to have more intimate moments without having melanie complain in wanda's head..i would also like to get to know the new characters like burns and nate and other people from other cells. but i guess i would just have to wait for the second book to get to read that,,
1年以上前 SilverSoul said…
I actually liked the body they choose her,it suits her personality in my opinion.
1年以上前 mrsblack_1089 said…
I'm glad she got a body and I'm glad that Ian gets his happily ever after with her. I think that they chose the body because no one could distrust it, so it'll be useful for raids. But I don't like the young age (even though she lied) because Melanie is 21 I think and her new body is only 16. I'm not sure why they made her so weak, but she sounds pretty with the golden freckles and gray eyes with the silver behind them.
1年以上前 twilightlova13 said…
I know I thought the same way about the whole body thing!!! I didn't think that was fair because she doesn't really like it either!!! Yeah I totally agree with youxshelleyxp about the sister thing I think they should have been closer!!!!=)
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 cheergeek said…
I think she likes it. Well, I hope she does because she's adorable ^-^
1年以上前 christis_19 said…
yeh i agree, this is exacly how i felt. i also though that there would be a bit more of a reaction with wanda and melanie. though i really did love the epilouge, i think that was well written =]
1年以上前 timbitzk said…
I know that the body was technically impractical, but I liked the explanation to why they picked it. I liked that Jamie wanted her to be really pretty and gentle and I thought that it was cute that he wanted to be taller than her. And Wanda can get the body used to the lifting and hard work, just as Melanie's body got used to it. I liked the ending, and even though I don't think that The Host needs a sequel, the sort-of cliff-hanger ending (in the Epilogue, of course) leaves some paths to take the story down, what with new characters etc.
1年以上前 edwrdluvr717 said…
Thank you guys so much for responding so quickly. Though I'm still not totally convinced, I hate not liking the endings to books so having people show me the good parts is really helpful! I also love knowing that I'm not the only one out there who has a dislike for the body they chose. I really do love everyone who responded. :D
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Ians_wanderer2 said…
Hmmm...yeah, at first I was like confused on why they would choose her body that's petite and weaker than Wanda was actually use to, espeically having been in Melanies stronger body. But like many before me have already stated and what the book has said, it suits Wanda's personality. Like Jamie said, he thought that that's what she would look like. Also, it only proves that Wanda can build her own strength over time...ya know? Like a human would...she sort of had it easy since Melanie had been there to guide her and her body was already accustmed to such conditions...I for one see it that way. :D but I loved the ending! Ian really deserved Wanda and it sort of bothered me that she had feelings for Jared but it was human so it didn't really bother me too much. But the ending was just...so good! It's the sort of ending that can be picked up in a sequel or just...not.
1年以上前 stitch16 said…
i think it suits her from the way wanda is described.. she is the total opposite of melanie and we know that she is the strong one..so a weaker body - physically - is just ryt fopr wanda..=)
1年以上前 JIS4LOSER said…
i like the body i think one of the reasons meyer choose a weak body was because she did more work then the others in mels body always doingn twice the work of the others she did so much for them (so self-sacrificed) that she deservice to have a break
and i agree with the people that were saying about getting people that didnt like her to like her now in a new body
1年以上前 Poppee said…
I think her new body suits her and I think Ian likes how he can take care of her more because he has to now because she is weaker. But I need a sequel or else I will go mad. I fell in love with Edward and now that Twilight is ending I need a sequel to the Host so I can have more Ian cuz I love him now to. lol