The Abduction Club Byrne vs Strang

Tristans_Isolde posted on Mar 17, 2011 at 08:56AM
My sister and I often have quite heated discussions on whether Byrne or Strang is better. I love Garrett Byrne and she loves James Strang. I find it incredible to think that a person could like anyone over Byrne; he is extremely good looking and he is so sweet and romantic (I love the scene at the breakfast table)and his smile!!!! What do you think...Byrne or Strang (and why), either way I'd really like to know :)
 My sister and I often have quite heated discussions on whether Byrne または Strang is better. I 愛 Garr

The Abduction Club 10 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 MegGiry said…
smile
Strang. In spite of his sometimes queer behaviour he shows good common sense with his "either they like you or not". And I like the way he is nervous when he first proposes to Anne. I think he`s more profound than it seems at first.
Byrne is a bit conceited (no offence!), at least before their serious relationship with Catherine. Remember how sure he is of her liking him after only a little conversation.
1年以上前 Tristans_Isolde said…
Thank you for your reply, I must admit that you are right in saying that Byrne is conceited at the beginning of the movie. I think both Byrne and Strang are so different and wonderful in their own way. I must say Strang has a great sense of humour which is attractive but I find Byrne as the movie progresses is very sensitive which I find so great because he was so concieted before. But in all honesty I agree with you Strang's proposal to Anne was one of the best scenes in the entire movie...he was so cute and nervous :)
1年以上前 MegGiry said…
I think Byrne changes a lot during the movie, from cynical money-seeking man to a devoted lover. And the fact that Byrne with his initially mercenary interest should love Catherine for herself is exactly what was necessary to heal her trauma inflicted by "London admirer". I`ve always felt sorry for her, it can be seen that that unhappy experience affected her a lot...
last edited 1年以上前
That is very true, Catharine really is a complex character! The things that happened in her past, her past failed romantic experience, her mothers death and the responsibility she shoulders, especially in regards to taking care of Anne. I believe that all this contributes the Catharine we see during the film (serious, sensible, almost unemotional and opposite to Anne)
1年以上前 MegGiry said…
And besides, she knows that her father`s gambled away everything and has to keep it all to herself. It`s good Power wanted to marry Anne not her, because Catharine would marry him straight away and that`d be the end of it.
Very true, I too believe Catharine would have married Power for her family's sake. However I wonder if Anne knew of the family's situation (like Catharine did) if she would have acted differently towards Power.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 MegGiry said…
Maybe she would be a bit more polite but not more, not with her character...She and Strang suit each other perfectly.
I love the scenes between Strang & Anne! Both the actors did an exceptional job! I think their scenes were so good because they were so lighthearted in comparision to those between Catharine & Byrne which were so serious.
1年以上前 MegGiry said…
I like the way Anne and Strang ( and the movie itself actually) are funny and lighthearted and at the same time serious and moving. This is a delicate balance between pure comedy and drama, not many films have achieved that.
I absolutely agree! It does have a great balance between the comedy and drama :)