Picks 2 Faced Co-Workers

Gen13_fan posted on Feb 14, 2008 at 09:00AM
I have a 2 faced co-worker who's not happy about my promotion and is trying to get me into trouble with my General Manager . She's making up stories about me and she's getting very bitter about it . She's friendly to a point , but her true color's are showing . She's very mad about her hours being cut and has threaten to leave to some of the managers . She view's me as a rival (I haven't done a thing to bring this on) and she admitted that she has "manic depression" which makes her very emotional on the job . Because I worked for are General Manager before working at are current job , she thinks there's a unfair favoritism , but the thing is he's very aware of my abilities and that's why he promoted me .

So my question is what should I do ?
last edited on Feb 14, 2008 at 09:04AM

Picks 7 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 chel1395 said…
I would suggest trying to befriend her. Maybe invite her out to lunch sometime and just talk to her. I've always found the best way of dealing with difficult people is talking it out.
1年以上前 amazondebs said…
i think that's a good idea chel or if you don't particularly want to ask he out anywhere why not just let her over hear you saying something good about to the boss or show some other way that your not rivals but colleagues

it's great that you ask fans for advice maybe someone from the advice might be able to help?
link

keep us updated and let us know if it works
1年以上前 Cinders said…
But sometimes, if she dislikes you too much, trying to befriend her can make it worse-- believe me, I know from experience. I think the best thing to do would be to TRY and talk to her about it, like chel suggested, but if that ends up falling through, talk to the manager, tell him that if he hears odd stories about you to ask you about it before believing it. That's the best way to curb any rumors she starts. After that, just be polite to her, don't give her anymore fodder. Be as nice as you possibly can and if she tries to start a fight just tell her you're not interested.

The truth is, it doesn't matter what she thinks. What matters is how you take it.
1年以上前 germany123 said…
in my experience people like that suffer from low self-esteem. they come across as being bitchy but actually are looking to be accepted.so i think that being friendly to her is the best way to go- as you say the manager knows that you do a good job so you probably dont have anything to worry about workwise. i think its a good idea to stay focussed on your strenghts and abilities and trust that your boss recognises that. noone will believe her if she spreads rumors with no evidence. if you have done nothing ( as you say) to bring this on you have nothing to worry about.
1年以上前 adavila said…
STAB HER IN THE BACK!!!

not literally though
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 tinkerluvr said…
Ignore her. if you talk to her, it'll just create a fight and make things worse.
1年以上前 krithika said…
ask someone else..