ペンギンズ FROM マダガスカル A Trip Down Memory Lane

fun123fun posted on Jun 26, 2014 at 11:37PM
omg this is the place this is the place.

ok so alittle more then 5 years ago i was part of this fandom. i was an active user. The POM fandom was my first fandom. i remember making my first OC and shipping my first ship (a ship is a pairing) my first ship was kico. GOD I WAS SOOOO EMBARRASSING !!! but i RP here and i posted fan art here and god so many memories. (i had to leave because my computer didnt have a virus program and the ads on this site gave me some)
5 years later im in a movie theater about to watch how to train your dragon 2. until i see the POM movie trailer. i fangirled sooooo muched. my childhood! my first fandom is getting thier first movie! (i still have my skipper plushie) that was when i decided to come here.

i am 15 now. I am glad that this place is still active. i imporved on my art skills and spelling skills ALOT. I am so glad that this fandom isnt dead.
contuine to fan on my penguins
smile and wave you guys just smile and wave :)

ペンギンズ FROM マダガスカル 4 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 peacebaby7 said…
angelic
Good to see you back. :) This place means a lot to me, too.

A few years ago, my (so-called) father left my mom and I. To be honest, it was something I'd wanted for a while. He never made us happy, and he was abusive (verbally and physically) and selfish. The first year was the hardest. A couple of months before he left, I'd joined fanpop, and this was the club I'd regularly come on. The summer he was gone, this is where I came every day for most of the day. With my mom going through the divorce and fighting for custody of me, I sort of isolated myself from everything. By closing myself in the office and coming on here, it was like I could shut everything out from my mind. And best of all, I discovered my calling in writing that summer.

This place . . . helped me stay happy; by keeping my mind focused on our favorite foursome, I could forget all that was going on around me, if even for an hour. This place kept me from staying in a dark place. . . . It kept me happy. The friendly atmosphere here gave me a reason to smile. Finally, after my mom had successfully divorced and gained full custody of me (with no visitation for her ex-husband), I'd started forming a closer relationship with my mother, which finally gave me a deeper reason to be happy, even when I wasn't at a computer. I hadn't realized how hard the experience had hit me until it was over. I still cringe at some of the comments I made on here during that year. Luckily, the comments weren't too hateful. I could just tell that I was set off so easily then.

So, besides the show being totally awesome, that's the other main reason I could never leave this spot and/or stop loving the show. The show saved me from going into depression, or anger, and maybe doing something I would've regretted. I thank POM, and more importantly, the wonderful fans on here for helping me through that time, even though no one knew they were.
Catherina_PoM commented…
Wow... just, wow.... c': 1年以上前
ImAnEasel commented…
:O That must have been hard. I'm so glad the TPoM club was there to help あなた through it. 1年以上前
1年以上前 Skilene17 said…
That...was so beautiful *sniffs* I'm so glad Fanpop helped you and everything worked out in the end :)
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ImAnEasel said…
smile
Welcome back!! This was my first fandom too, when I was 12. I said some horrendously embarrassing things sometimes... But everyone here is so friendly, it's like a second family. No other fandom even comes close to the bond fanguins share. I hope this club never dies!
1年以上前 mostar1219 said…
I know this was posted over two years ago, but it is really cool remembering everyone part of the fanguin community has their own lives and never truly forgets being in this community