ワン・トゥリー・ヒル Time to duke it out! LEYTON vs BRUCAS!

kellyerin87 posted on Sep 27, 2008 at 04:00PM
okay so we all know that both Leyton AND Brucas have HUGE fanbases... so this is the place to get your opinion heard! which is the better couple... Leyton or Brucas?!?
last edited on Sep 28, 2008 at 01:35AM

ワン・トゥリー・ヒル 354 返信

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 354

1年以上前 brattynemz said…
There's a Leyton vs. Brucas spot, I don't think this is appropriate to be posted here.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 livelovelaugh said…
oooooo another forum ive never actually argued in one so im looking forward to debating lo
1年以上前 brucas4ever said…
haha this will be funny! another reason for brucas fans to kick ass!
yep hannah =)
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
well i personally think there is no comparison between the two. yeah Brucas had their cute moments in high school, but their love wasn't strong enough to make it OUT of high school. when i look at Brucas all i see is a physical relationship, i don't see them having the deep emotional connection that Leyton does. Leyton is clearly meant to be, and Brucas isn't. the only reason Brucas even first started talking was because Brooke practically forced herself on him. i don't know... and i just don't see how Brucas fans could honestly expect Brucas to get back together at this point, it wouldn't make any sense! BUT... that's just me!
1年以上前 brattynemz said…
And I suppose you are a Leyton fan. So what's your point again? It's already 1am and I haven't been getting much sleep for the past days. My brain's not working so well. Do you want me to contradict your opinion? Like how Leyton is so not meant to be?

Ok I'm not trying to be bitchy, I seriously don't know what to say.
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
lol as i said in my first post... the whole point of this is just for people to post their opinions about the two couples. which couple you root for, why you like them, why you don't like one of the couples... just whatever! and no i'm not asking you to reply to my comment.. i was just posting my opinion!
ya see when brucas first went out i wasnt a huge fan but i couldnt like leyton because of what peyton was doing to brooke i dont know how mark has the nerve to put them end game its setting a really bad example its like yeh you can screw ya best friend over keep going after a guy even if he has a girl friend he loves (lindsey) you can be misrable and cry for months and everything will be fine you can still have him that jus doesnt happen in real life
1年以上前 Janni said…
I love this idea:D time to get bitcy;) I love debating!
But not in the moode today, but Hell yeh Brucas is the Couple with the most chemistry;) And there aren't enough words to explain how wonderful they are.. but I'm totally gonna fight for the couple i love on this forum§
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
haha well Janni, that's the point of this forum! i'm tired of seeing all these Leyton vs Brucas forums that won't let you fight, what's the point in that? so yes the point of this is for people to SAY WHAT THEY WANT for a change! and livelovelaugh... i don't really think Peyton ever did anything wrong. okay the times that she KISSED Lucas while he was with Brooke was wrong, but when she was HONEST with Brooke about having feelings for Lucas... i don't think she was in the wrong at all! she was just being honest with her friend, i don't think that qualifies as "going after Lucas". she didn't go after him, she told Brooke that she would BURY those feelings for the sake of their friendship. i think the reason that Leyton ended up together again despite of the Brooke and Lindsey drama is because they ARE soulmates, and they're going to end up together no matter what
1年以上前 Broody_4_Cheery said…
okay so its just to get opinions out, no debating? the vs gave me a different impression and i can just see this causing trouble.

i guess i just feel something for brucas that i stopped feeling for leyton too quickly, i watch these relationships and i simply prefer jeyton and brucas over leyton who i find too cheesy, boring and unrealistic, i feel like they flip too easily and lack a build up. i like the fact i saw with my own eyes brooke and lucas struggle and fall for each other, it was unexpected and full of so many different emotions and i love watching their relationship, i find it entertaining whether they are fighting, chasing each other, loving each other, being cute, being angry, being anything, even just friends, i find every scene they have powerful and meaningful where a lot of the time with leyton i feel like its just smiling boring relationship filler.
i feel like brucas are more genuine, more emotional, even with their problems and issues. i like the way they are together, friends or lovers i like what they do for each other. i guess i find brucas more open as well, and they just make more sense to me, for me to believe in leyton i feel like ill have to stop believing in brucas, like leyton undermines brucas and i can't just ignore what a saw and what i felt for years, so in a way i guess i feel like leyton is a lie and i cant shake the feeling they are just so wrong and together for the wrong reasons. i dont like the people lucas and peyton turn the other into. i dont like how peyton who is one of my fave characters lowers herself for lucas, if that makes sense, i think she can be so amazing and every wrong turn i see her do involves lucas and im like wtf peyton is amazing and this boy and her 'love' for him only seems to lower her to do things and act beneath her and i hate that, i hate that they give me reasons to not like peyton. i saw a spark with leyton in season one that drew me in, i also saw a undeniable chemistry and potential in brucas and jeyton as well, so many years later i no longer see that spark in leyton but i still see the same things in the other two relationships, brucas' storylines continue to keep me entertained and watching the show why leytons storylines simply dont do that, i can enjoy their cuteness when they have a funny loving scene but i feel nothing deep, i dont care about it, leytons stotylines usually just have me shaking my head and looking for something else in the episode that made more sense.

*sigh*

okay after reading the last few post im confused, so its for opinion stating, full honesty, being bitchy and debating but we dont ahve to debate. kk so its like the whatever brucas and leyton forum. just a mutual place to like discuss and bash and debate.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
oh no you can debate all you want! lol believe me i'm all for debating
i do admit tho that peyton telling brooke her real feelings was the right thing to do brooke should not of hit her at all
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
the way i see it though, is that Leyton were the ones that were meant to be from the very first episode... and Brooke was the one that got in the way of them. so the whole time i was watching Brucas together, i just couldn't help but think to myself that it should be Leyton that was together, not Brucas. the whole idea of how Brucas got started is just sickening to me. Brooke was just all about sleeping with him, while Peyton wanted more than that. and yeah when Brooke and Lucas first started talking (the night they took care of Peyton after the college party), Brooke was being sincere and sweet, and actually wanted to TALK to Lucas... but then as soon as they started dating, she went right back to her usual self, just thinking about sex all the time. i just see them as being all physical, the rest of their relationship was spent by Lucas having to prove his love for her because even Brooke knew that they didn't have what him and Peyton had.
random thoughts then. i dont really have a prob with peyton being 'honest' with brooke, but i think she went about it the wrong way, like maybe it would have been better to think a little longer about her feelings before telling brooke, because it hit peyton pretty hard and before she herself got her head around it she went and confessed to brooke which kinda exploded the situation and brooke had to get her own head around it while peyton still hadn't done it herself. maybe she should have waited and seen if her feelings remained true or if it has all escalated because of recent events, i think peyton acted rashly but i can understand that caus the idea she was in love with lucas kinda shocked her and she didnt know what to do, she told brooke and then kinda couldnt deak with the backlash of her actions. but what really gets to me is the fact she never told lucas and it wipes out the whole just being honest thing with brooke because she was not being honest because she never told lucas the truth, she lied through ommision or whatever it is i think that was a real crappy thing for her to do considering everything that was happening. if she could be honest with brooke she should ahve followed through and been honest with lucas and dealt with the consequences whether they be for her or against her. brooke couldn't have been ready for the confession so why the hell did peyton wait for lucas to be ready when she didnt allow brooke the same curtesy.
1年以上前 brattynemz said…
Ooh cool. Hehe.

I'm shipping Brucas, obviously, for reasons I can never explain or if I do, some people couldn't or wouldn't understand. The simplest thing I can say is they make me wanna fall in love. I'm getting the vibe like it's fun to be in love.

I really don't care if they are destined or if Leyton are, I just don't buy that crap. I make my own destiny. And I'm not a big fan of cheaters. Don't give me the even God can forgive sermon, I am totally aware of that.

If you simplify things, all the drama isn't realistic. And before everyone forgets, yes, it's a show but we live in a real world. And so the way I look at Leyton is I could fall in love in high school, cheat with him, fall for another guy and yet still be friends with him, realize that I love him, be with him, reject an engagement (Idk if an engagement means you have to get married right away. In our country it may still take mos or years before you actually get married so I don't see the point why Peyton couldn't accept the engagement when she only wanted to wait for 1yr), 4 yrs after still be in love with him, chase him, accept a fone call proposal (and get married in Vegas), and then move in with him. I can't even find the right words to describe it. It's just so un-destined-like.

Do I even make sense?
see i disagree the first time yeh it was sex but the second time they went out it wasnt brooke didnt want to be hurt again he is the first amd only guy she ever loved and she is the first girl he ever loved there each others first love and you can never forget that person you will always ahve some sort of feelings for them and dont try telling me that in season one lucas loved peyton coz he didnt he loved her in season 4 and dont say lucas has always loved peyton coz he hasnt hes always ahd the ability to love her but it wasnt until season 4 when theses feelings were exposed
and nem you do make so much sense i mean my auntie and uncle have been engaded for 11 years lol
1年以上前 brattynemz said…
Brooke was just all about sleeping with him, while Peyton wanted more than that.

But Peyton didn't want the same things at first. I liked Leyton in s1, totally. I also liked Peyton in s1, less the cheating part. Brucas in s1 was just wrong but s3 oh no, def Brucas love.
i totally agree with you dawn about the whole first love things, but then again im a brucaser, i fell for leyton and brucas season one but more so leyton but i dont see what they started as being in love, as falling head over heels in love with a person, that deep emotional connection of the hearts or whatever, connection yes, but not love, brucas didnt have it either originally either, it grew, they fell in love with each other and i saw that over three seasons and it seemed so real, it wasn't 'destined' it wasn't originally planned but it happened for us all to see. and i cant deny that and the way leyton is portrayed makes me feel like ill have to deny that. i probably could except leyton a lot more if it wasnt for the way they are done.
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
bottom line... here are my reasons why it should be LEYTON, not Brucas

-he has wanted PEYTON since the pilot, he wanted nothing to do with Brooke, she practically had to force herself on him

-all Brucas ever did was fight because all throughout their relationship Brooke knew that she was constantly having to compete with what him and Peyton had

-Lucas CHOSE to save Peyton countless times Skills even said to Lucas "you didn't just happen to save her a couple of times, Peyton happened to be there. But you CHOSE to be there"

-Peyton's feelings for Lucas have always clearly been stronger than Brooke's, which is why in season 4 Brooke finally decided to step aside and let Leyton be together, because it was the right thing to do, they deserved to be with eachother

-Brucas was ONLY HIGH SCHOOL. they have been over for like 5 years now, and we haven't seen ANY romance between them since then... none!

-Lucas has written not just one, but TWO books about his love for PEYTON... how many books has Brooke gotten?

-Lucas has proposed not just once, but TWICE to PEYTON... how many proposals has Brooke gotten?

-in the season 6 premiere, the man asks Lucas "how did you know which one to pick?" and Lucas says "i guess i ALWAYS KNEW"... he has always known that Peyton was the one for him, no matter what previous relationships he has been in

-in season 4, when Brooke asked Lucas to go to the basketball banquet as FRIENDS (just to make Peyton jealous, i might add), both her AND Lucas acknowledged that when Whitey was making his speech about the love he had with his wife, he WASN'T talking about the love that Brucas had, which is why they officially decided that they were OVER

-what Lucas wrote in his first books says it ALL. "Suddenly it was as if the roar of the crowd, the echo of the final buzzer, and the cheers of my teammates were all sounding from a thousand miles away. And what remained in that bizarre, muffled silence was only Peyton, the girl whose art, passion, and beauty had changed my life. And in that moment my triumph was not a state championship, but simple CLARITY. The REALIZATION that we had ALWAYS been meant for eachother, and EVERY INSTINCT TO THE CONTRARY had simply been a DENIAL of the following truth... i was now, and would ALWAYS BE, in love with PEYTON SAWYER." Every instinct to the contrary INCLUDES HIM AND HIS FEELINGS FOR BROOKE!

-His love for Peyton kept him from dying! In season 4 after he had his heart attack, and Peyton was afraid to kiss him, he told Peyton "I didn't die, and do you know why? Because i had to come back, and look into those green eyes of yours, and tell you that i love you. I do Peyton, i love you. You didn't push me away, i came back for you. And as long as it takes, i'll wait for you"

-Everyone in the show even knows that Lucas should be with Peyton... EVEN BROOKE! Brooke has said countless times in season 5 and 6 that they should be together

i could go on and on... but those are just some of the main reasons why it should be Leyton, not Brucas
1年以上前 brattynemz said…
Are you a Peyton fan first and then an LP fan?
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
No, i mean i like Peyton, but she's not the reason why i like Leyton. I actually love Brooke's character... i just don't think her and Lucas are right for eachother
1年以上前 brattynemz said…
Ok then. I'll try to answer every point. I'm not a good debater, I hate debates and public speaking good thing I'll just have to type what's on my mind! :D

-he has wanted PEYTON since the pilot, he wanted nothing to do with Brooke, she practically had to force herself on him

Brooke practically forced herself, yes, I agree. What can I say, Brooke is pretty clever but not wise or she's just so damn stubborn. lol.

If you're giving me the reason that he wanted Peyton since the pilot, I don't know what to say. I know that's a fact but what does it have to do with Leyton now? I mean you've got to give me something better than this. Are you saying that a person can never change his mind and move on from a past love? I don't know if that's even love, your term is wanted, not love. And yes he wanted nothing to do with Brooke but you can watch s2-3, he did, eventually.
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
first of all.... everything about Leyton's history does apply to them now, because they're together... so all of their history still applies and is relevant because they still love eachother just like they did in high school. Brucas' history doesn't apply anymore, because it's not relevant. yeah you can talk all you want about Brucas' cute moments when they were together in high school, but you have to look at how they ended things. the note that they ended things on is the most important thing because that's the MOST RECENT state of their romantic feelings for eacother. it doesn't do any good re-hashing their past because since then, they've both acknowledged that they are romantically OVER... we haven't seen anything from them since then that says that those cute high school moments still matter. and the reason that Lucas has wanted Peyton since the pilot, is because he was just always drawn to her. and by wanted, i do mean that he wanted a relationship with her. no matter what the two of them do, they can't stay away from eachother. they both have moments where they seem to have moved on from one another, but one way or another their feelings for eachother ALWAYS come back into play... which just proves the fact that they are soulmates.
okay so i mise well not debate because brucas dont count, okay, i got it.
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
Broody_4_Cheery.... what? lol
1年以上前 brattynemz said…
they can't stay away from eachother

They've been away since Peyton stopped the cheating and there was Jeyton, and since Lucas proposed to her. How can you say that they can't stay away from each other when Lucas was always in Tree Hill through those years and Peyton only went back home? Do you think Lucas will go to LA just because they can't be apart? No, it was Peyton who can't be away from Lucas.

And you don't understand me.

so all of their history still applies
This is Dawn's point, read her post and she explained it very well.

Brucas' history doesn't apply anymore, because it's not relevant. yeah you can talk all you want about Brucas' cute moments when they were together in high school, but you have to look at how they ended things. the note that they ended things on is the most important thing because that's the MOST RECENT state of their romantic feelings for eacother. it doesn't do any good re-hashing their past because since then, they've both acknowledged that they are romantically OVER... we haven't seen anything from them since then that says that those cute high school moments still matter.
And yes this point is also irrelevant, you didn't have to include this in your post because we are not arguing about this. Btw, he actually wanted something to do with Brooke. He wanted to be friends with her. Remember when she dropped off Brooke after they took care of the drugged Peyton?

Shea meant she might as well not debate because you told that Brucas is irrelevant. Technically you didn't say that but you said their history is, which they are now.
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
i still do think that Brucas' history is irrelevant. and when you were taking about Lucas not going to LA, he OFFERED to move to LA when he proposed the first time. Peyton said that LA is her home now and that Lucas was the only thing missing, and Lucas said "then i'll move here"... then Peyton told him that she couldn't take him away from his career. so yes, it's BOTH of them that can't be apart from eachother.
1年以上前 BrookieD said…
I honestly don't believe in either. Leyton has so many problems, I don't really even know where to begin. I mean their entire relationship started off badly in the first place, at very first Peyton HATED Lucas, and Lucas was almost borderline stalker to her, then when Peyton did say she 'loved' Lucas, he had already moved on to Brooke, and well, you see what a good friend Peyton was for that. Then, the only reason I don't like Brooke with Lucas is because Brooke deserves better, and she could do better. At this point, I'm pulling for Lucas and Lindsey. Lol.
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
AND the whole reason that i even say that Brucas' history isn't relevant anymore, is because there are tons of Brucas fans out there that say that Brucas should be together NOW, in season 6. and whenever Leyton fans ask them to give their reasoning on why Brucas would still make sense today in the show, all Brucas fans have to say about them is that they were cute in HIGH SCHOOL... which has NOTHING to do with why they should be together now. so i'm just saying that in order for me to believe that Brucas isn't over and is still a good idea today, i need to hear more about why they make sense NOW, not just reasons from the past. it's perfectly clear that even now, Lucas wants PEYTON, not Brooke! so the fact that Brucas fans are walking around saying that Brucas isn't over and that Lucas and Brooke are still in love is just ridiculous to me
whats high school got to do with anything so what they were in high school my grandparents started going out when they were 14 and there now 70 and still together weather your at high school or not has nothing to do with weather people should be together or not
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
that's exactly my point... high school DOESN'T have anything to do with Brucas now. and yet all Brucas fans have to talk about is how great they were in high school... but that doesn't matter now. you can't go around saying that a couple should be together JUST because they were a cute couple in high school. if you want to say that Brucas should be together now, then you need to give reasons from the show NOW that support that. saying "Brucas should get back together now because they were great and so in love in high school" isn't a valid reason. Lucas has done nothing SINCE they have gotten OUT of high school to show that he wants to be with Brooke, not one thing. but he's clearly shown that he still wants to be with Peyton. so therefore, Leyton STILL makes sense for the show now because their feelings for eachother are still relevant.... Brucas doesn't make sense anymore because we haven't seen any romantic feelings towards eachother since high school... FIVE YEARS ago.
there was 4 years of the leyton relationship we didnt see we saw all of brucases relationship we saw them together and we saw the break up lucas always wanted brooke even after he got peyton in season one he still wanted brooke come season 2 he had brooke in season 3 and he still wanted her in season 4 lucas has never showed that he wants peyton not until 6 01 yeh we new he liked her in season 5 but he never admittided it or showed it he made it quite clear he didnt want her "i hate you youve ruined my life" she has messed his life up to many times when it comes to relationship she isn t gonna give in until shes got him and now she has
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
good lord i am so sick of people talking about when Lucas told Peyton he hated her... he said that when he was drunk! his life was a mess because of Lindsey and he was confused about his feelings, and hurt that Lindsey was dating someone else, so he was just looking for someone to take his problems and anger out on.. that's it. you can't honestly tell me that Lucas really hates Peyton, because that's just a joke. Would he have proposed to her TWICE if he hated her? No. And you saying that Lucas ALWAYS wanted Brooke isn't true either. You said that after he got Peyton in season 1, he still wanted Brooke... and that's not true at all. After Peyton FIRST kissed him in the hotel room, when he was with Brooke... Lucas went home and BROKE UP WITH BROOKE to be with PEYTON! But Peyton was the one that said they shouldn't be together because she couldn't do that do Brooke! if you'll remember correctly, after that kiss, Lucas kept trying to convince Peyton that they should be together... even when he was WITH BROOKE. But Peyton was hesitant about it because she didn't want to hurt Brooke. Lucas' exact words to Peyton about it were "Brooke is great... but she's NOT YOU". Call me crazy, but that means that when he's picking between the two... he wants Peyton... not Brooke! And again in season 4, after they won the state championship, Brooke said to Lucas "it's a dream come true, so who do you want standing next to you?" and he had the perfect opportunity to say Brooke, but he DIDN'T, he chose PEYTON! So just because we saw more of Brucas being a couple doesn't mean that Brooke was ALWAYS the one that Lucas wanted... because she clearly wasn't back then... and she STILL isn't! Once again, he had the perfect chance to call Brooke at the airport, but he DIDN'T, he called PEYTON!
did you read a word i put i said yeh we all know lucas wanted her in season 5 because we all know he did i was talking about the season 2 and 3. and if you remember he did want brooke standing next to him first of all he there had a perfect chance to pick peyton but he didnt he picked peyton in the end when he new brooke has no feelings for him anymore and know im not saying that he didnt have feelings for peyton because he obviously did
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
i know but you ALSO said that Lucas ALWAYS wanted Brooke, even in season 1 after he got Peyton... which isn't true. He only wanted Brooke AFTER Peyton told him that they couldn't be together in season 1. and it doesn't matter that he wanted Brooke next to him the first time he was asked, what matters is who he wanted next to him in the END... and that's Peyton!
it does matter tho if you can love some one once you can love them agen everyone always remembers there first love that person will always be there
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
call me crazy but i think it's pretty obvious from season 1 that Lucas' first love was Peyton. he was absolutely infatuated with her, way before he even wanted anything to do with Brooke. he obvoiusly didn't love Brooke until they started dating... and after they DID start dating, Brooke found all those letters that Lucas wrote to Peyton talking about how she's "his forever" and everything... and those were written before Brucas!
im sorry but you cant say the first time he was with either peyton or brooke that he loved them hes always liked peyton but love is a strong word do you honestly think in season one he "loved" her in season 4 yes of course he did but not season 1
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
me not knowing that he DID love Peyton in season 1 is the same thing as you not knowing that he DIDN'T love Peyton. you don't know that he didn't love her any more than i know that he did. i don't even know why that matters. no, people don't forget their first love. but i think it's pretty clear that NOW, he wants to be with PEYTON. like i said before, he has proposed to Peyton not once, but TWICE now. People saying that he still wants Brooke even though he has proposed to Peyton twice and written TWO books about Peyton is just absurd to me
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
i'm getting off here for now... feel free to keep the comments coming though and i'll be back later to keep defending my LEYTON! :)
ive never said that he still wants brooke coz yeh your right he wants peyton but it doesnt mean im goin to start liking them
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
i don't expect you to start liking them, i'm just saying that there ARE a lot of Brucas fans that are in denial, and are saying that Lucas is still in love with Brooke, and wants Brooke. I know you didn't say it, but there are a lot of Brucas fans that have
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 TheBoySawAComet said…
kellyerin87, i just wanted to say that you are SO RIGHT about everything you've said about Leyton! you have hit every point dead on! everyone knows that Leyton has always been the IT couple of one tree hill. I think it's time that Brucas fans face the facts... and the fact is that Leyton is way better than Brucas! Brucas was all sex, fighting, lieing, cheating, insecurity, and denial. Brucas was just physical, Leyton was SO much more than that! so thank you for starting this topic because i've always wanted a forum that will let you say what you actually want to say! i could debate about Leyton vs Brucas all day... so Brucas fans... Bring it! ha
1年以上前 kellyerin87 said…
haha thank you! and yeah i know what you mean... i've come across so many Leyton vs Brucas forums... but none of them let you really speak your mind, you always have to limit what you want to say so that you don't start any fighting, and i've just never seen the point in that. but yes i do have to agree with you... Leyton kills Brucas!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 abs07 said…
Despite my being a leyton fan, there's damning evidence about a point I wanted to share. I'm not in a debating mood, but I just wanted to respond to the claim about luke "not" loving peyton in s1. I'll paste what I wrote in the pick livelovelaugh made about luke loving peyton in s1:

****Luke always loved Peyton. He just didn't form it into words till 411. When he fought for peyton in 1.13, it wasn't out of lust or infatuation (that was brucas' relationship, which still left Luke wanting). When he said he couldn't bury what happened between them in the motel, & they kissed eachother, lyrics in the song [playing in the background] said: "I wanna know what it's like, on the inside of love..."
Mark is very careful & particular (he said it himself) with the music/lyrics he uses in each important scene. I know the lyrics weren't a coincidence and I know they weren't meant to be underplayed. Leyton's so called relationship/affair lasted for a blink of an eye, so they didn't have enough opportunity to say they loved eachother. They had just admitted their feelings in 1.13, then luke had his accident, then they ended it in 1.15 (despite the fact that Peyton admitted to Haley that she was in love with Lucas). Rushing into those exposing words of "I love you" (in such a short span of time) would have looked forced in their 2 episode affair (ppl wouldn't have taken it seriously, and it wouldn't have done leyton justice - those words would have been downplayed; dismissed if they were said so quickly).

Many also have missed an important fact about luke's words in his first book: "I was, now, and would always be, In love with Peyton Sawyer. The word "was" in that statement takes his love back to s1 and carries them all the way through the series. Think about it: When he said "I love you" in 411, they had JUST started going out. So those words weren't borne from leyton "getting to know eachother" as a new couple. They were borne from the simple clarity luke had in 409 (that flashbacked all the way back to s1 - "I'll be seeing ya"). Those words tell us that he's always loved Peyton.

I don't know how else to put it. Again, it's clear for me.****
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 saBRUCAS said…
kellyerin87- your right! Lucas was infatuated with Peyton, but infatuation isnt love.

Infatuation- foolish or all-absorbing passion

Love- a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

And you saying that Brucas's history is irrelevant is soo wrong because you dont know which couple will be endgame. If they are then their history is more than relevant.
Atleast their history adds up Leyton's history makes no sense at all...even now they dont make sense.

Youre sick of people talking about Lucas's "I hate you" to Peyton...why? because its soo true, because that proves their love is not real.
So what if he was drunk? You do know that when people are drunk they speak the truth. Im sick of LP fans saying that he was drunk so it meant nothing. It meant every thing and the IHY and him crying over Lindsay makes S6 so flawed. Come to think of it Leyton is always flawed. Is it a wonder why even now there are more Brucas fans?
Just like you said it happened so long ago...even then EVEN THEN people still prefer them over the couple Mark's been shoving down our throats for 2 seasons.

You said in one of your ealier posts that you never liked Brucas because you saw Brooke getting in between LP...maybe you should watch it over with an open mind and maybe you'll see Brucas is meant to be and the better couple...I take that back you'll definitely see that Brucas is the better couple of the 2.

You know what gets on my nerves? When LPers say that Brucas was all physical...what the hell were you guys doing while S2 and S3 were on?
You guys are sooooo stuck on S1 that you cant look past it.

please how does Leyton kill Brucas? werent they "supposed" to be the "meant to be couple" and they still dont have enough fans?
Leyton kills Brucas by "Ihy", cheating, falling in love with other people, proposing and saying "I do" to other people?
Leyton's got NOTHING on Brucas!!

oh dont worry TheBoySawAComet its already been broughten! lol

last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 saBRUCAS said…
abs07-Many also have missed an important fact about luke's words in his first book: "I was, now, and would always be, In love with Peyton Sawyer. The word "was" in that statement takes his love back to s1 and carries them all the way through the series. Think about it: When he said "I love you" in 411, they had JUST started going out. So those words weren't borne from leyton "getting to know eachother" as a new couple. They were borne from the simple clarity luke had in 409 (that flashbacked all the way back to s1 - "I'll be seeing ya"). Those words tell us that he's always loved Peyton.

The 'was' in the statement has no relevance because of the 'now' after it.
That 'now' means that he wasnt before but he is now in love with her.

Think about it? yeah we did think about it and it didnt add up!!!!
That is why they are soo fake, forced and unrealistic. They had no build up, he wanted Brooke a minute before that "moment of clarity"

If there was no BL in s2 and s3 then I would understand the moment of clarity scene and take the whole series as buildup for Leyton. But since there was Brucas in S2 and S3 and the fact that he wasted Brooke not Peyton in those seasons and even a minute before he wanted Peyton just made that scene soo wrong and just made Leyton look forced and made Lucas look like an idiot and Peyton as an even bigger one to believe him.

I do not and will not believe that Leyton have loved each other since the beginning. And every chance Mark has to make them look like the 'meant to be' couple he goes ahead and just ruines them even more.

1年以上前 abs07 said…
sabrucas...with all do respect, you made no sense in your statement. How does the "was" in the quote mean he "wasn't" in love with her. I dunno how your reading comprehension works, but the words can't get clearer than that. He was saying I WAS (past), NOW (present), and would ALWAYS BE (future). That's three realms he's covering of his being in love with peyton sawyer. There's no inbetween - those words say he's ALWAYS loved her (even some brucas fans see that - there are only so many ways to interpret such blunt words). He said it right after he said Peyton and I were always meant for eachother and every instinct to the contrary (him ever denying wanting to be with peyton) was a [b]denial[b] of a simple truth (He was talking about the past).
I won't debate with you about how mark's portrayed leyton cause I don't expect everyone to understand how 409 came about (luke's second book quotes the very thing many brucas fans still feel: "there were many who did not understand"). Many brucas fans have missed the signs and the buildup throughout the seasons cause they were busy enjoying brucas. I might come back when I'm in the mood and elaborate on what I mean by "signs and buildup". Just cause LP's "get to know eachother" relationship wasn't spoon fed to us like BL was in s2 doesn't take away from the fact that there was very literal signs throughout s3 (not to mention s1 was LP's "get to know eachother season" - the rest before s4 was filled with signs everywhere). but again, it's late and right now, I'm not in the mood to get into it.

and for the record, I never said brucas was all physical. in s1 they were, but luke did care about her, he just didn't have genuine feelings for her back then ("I didn't have feelings for you then" - Luke s3e9).
last edited 1年以上前