ロスト Season Six: 6.01 & 02, LAX

marissa posted on Feb 03, 2010 at 02:14PM
SEASON SIX SPOILERS

Holy cow.

That was crazy.

All right, Losties, time to start theorizing. What the heck is going on?

Why did Jacob' Enemey/not!Locke want to go home? If he doesn't live on the Island, where the heck does he live?

Why was he glad to see Richard "without chains"? Was Richard on the Black Rock as a slave?

How did Sayid come back? Is it really him, or was he being posessed?

Will he be "changed", like Little Ben was?

Why wasn't the water in the Temple clear? Was it because Jacob had died?

What was Juliet saying before she died? Was she having flashes, like Charlotte was before she died? Was that how she knew "it worked"?

In this "alternate reality", how did Desmond end up on 815? The Island was unerwater... is that why he's not on it? Because it's not there?

How did it get underwater? If it is, where are all the Others?

Did anyone remember anything from the Island?

How did Jack get a cut on his neck?

Where the heck is Christian?

---

Well, Losties... we have our work cut out for us.

HAPPY SEASON SIX!
last edited on Feb 03, 2010 at 02:27PM

ロスト 41 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 marissa said…
All right, so it looks like there's an alternate reality, one where all the Losties as land safely at LAX and go there seperate ways.
But things are different: Shannon stays in Australia with the douchebag. Hurley's lucky. Desmond is there.

As for Desmond, this is what I figure. He went on his race around the world, and finished. He got his "honour" back, won Penny's heart yet again and (for some reason) took a little trip to Australia, adn is going home. He never crashed on the Island because the Island was under water. It wasn't there to crash into.

How did it get there? No idea.
Maybe it had something to do witht he fact that the button wasn't pushed or something...?

I had no idea, lol.
1年以上前 Ivison said…
The premiere was really interesting :)

I think the man in black a.k.a the man in Locke's body lives on the island but I think after "they" came it's not the same or something...I don't really know but he has to live on the island xD

Okay, I think Richard was a slave on the Black Pearl too. This one seemed to be one of the easy new mysteries.

I don't know how Sayid came back to live but I believe if he's to stay, he will be "changed" like Ben. However, I think Sayid will die in one of the next couple of episodes.

No idea for the water and why Jack got a cut on his neck( that was really weird)

I think this alt reality...the bomb exploded so there is no island. no others...and everything with the plane is okay. But I also think all these moments/flashbacks? were just to show us what it could have been but it's not because I don't think the bomb exploded.

Juliet's "it worked" was REALLY weird. That's what made me speechless. I think she saw/knew something that nobody else did.

So did I get this right? Desmond was on the plane but then he was gone....and then when the plane landed the coffin with Christian was gone too...but these things happened when the plane went over the island which was under water. This is interesting, I can't wait to understand why. / Wasn't Desmond actually supposed to be on that plane...I mean, I wasn't surprised to see him...There are some pieces missing in my mind, so it's absolutely normal if I think I remember stuff that didn't happen xD /

OMG, I just loveeeeed the premiere , it was the best :)

By the way, I'm Radi :) I don't think we know each other.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 marissa said…
Hey Radi :)

Yeah, Desmond disapearing was rally weird. My first thought was that he disapeared like Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid disapeared off of Flight 316. Could he have been flashed away?

So you think MIB lives on the Island? That's probably right. Where does he live, though? Jacob had his cabin, and the statue... where could this guy live?
And why were all the people in the Temple freaking out because he was back?

So many questions!
1年以上前 Ivison said…
I'm not sure about Desmond...I mean how is it possible that he would flash away without anyone notice...I know people were sleeping and stuff but still...Both the coffin and Desmond were things connected with Jack...I mean his father and Desmond who we only saw Jack talking to...I would think Jack might have imagined that as there were familiar stuff for him but nah...probably they just disappeared like you said. We will have to wait to find out :(

I guess MIB lives somewhere on the island, a place that has been destroyed or disapeared...so that's why he can't go home whenever he wants...

Any theories on what are those alt reality moments....are they things that happened between 5x16's end and the reality on the island now 6x01, are they things which will happen or like I first thought things that could have happened but didn't.
1年以上前 xDHmadx said…
Hey guys!! i've been quiet for so long because talking about lost made me miss it even more ... not a problem now its back :D ... i really thought the premiere was out of this world! im loving this whole "what would have happened" scenario they have going on with the alt timeline ... just goes to show no matter what had happened, the characters would have still ended up connected to one another.

Poor Juliet's death was heartbreaking for me, i have however, read a theory on why she began to babble like she did ... perhaps her mind was skipping between the island and the alt. reality?? I have no idea about "it worked" though ... what in gods name did she mean???

MIB has officially taken ben's top spot of creepiest person on the island for me now!! I was really shocked when he beat up Richard!!!

... im still in complete shock about Sayid ... whatever happened to "dead is dead"?!
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
BEST.PREMIERE.EVER!
Almost as good as the Pilot!

My theory about not!Locke is pretty much the same as Radi's. I think he lived on the island for a long time and then it either got destroyed or maybe... maybe his "home" now has other occupants? his home might even be the Temple.

And Radi has pretty much summed up everything I would say about Richard, Sayid & the alternate reality.

When we first saw Jack on the plane (in the reality where Jack's plan has worked) it did look as though he was remembering stuff. I mean he definitely recognized Des (what was up with him being on the plane btw? Madness!) and in moments you could just see on his face that he was a little confused. And why did Cindy only give him one bottle? :S

Radi, I think they're showing us what could have happened. That's what I think, anyway. Because there was always this "did Jack's plan work, didn't it..." etc, so maybe the writers are still gunna show what could have happened if it went either way.

Anywho... anyone else really disappointed that Charlie didn't have his, well, Charlie hair? lol. And what was going on with that bag of heroin? In the pilot he was gunna get rid of it, so why in this alternate reality does he decide to try and kill himself with it? It makes no sense.

Oh, and CLAIRE! This is gunna sound really horrible but... I'd completly forgotten about her! With everything else that was going on at that point I just didn't think so when I saw her I literally shouted "CLAIRE!!!" lol xD

I was also thinking... going back to when I thought that Jack's plan had worked, the obvious stuff came to mind. Like Kate will go straight to prison, Claire gives up her baby etc. But obviously Kate didn't go straight to prison (Kate being Kate she ran, of course :P) so maybe... these things that I thought were going to happen... won't happen. Maybe Claire doesn't give up Aaron like she intended to. So all the things that would have happened won't even happen anyway. I've confused myself here but I hope you get what I mean, lol!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 hayley_pace said…
Anywho... anyone else really disappointed that Charlie didn't have his, well, Charlie hair? lol. And what was going on with that bag of heroin? In the pilot he was gunna get rid of it, so why in this alternate reality does he decide to try and kill himself with it? It makes no sense.

*raises hand* I missed his Charlie hair, but I still love him anyway. I was disappointed with his alternate timeline story line. I was ready to cry when our first glimpse of him and he's dead! He wanted to kill himself with the heroin rather then just get rid of it! He just didn't seem like the same Charlie we knew and loved. But I was just really happy to see him again and I hope he's in more episodes!
1年以上前 Ivison said…
Agree about Charlie...I was like WTFFF nooo he can't want to kill himself...and "Ï was supposed to die" ???? I was just sad ;( when I heard it.

I don't want to spoil you but from what I read from the creators an hour ago we still don't know which "reality" is real, so Em and I and maybe most of you think that this with the plane and the successful landing isn't true but it might be...Maybe it does happen in some point of the time and that's why Juliet was talking "those" things like...she didn't feel as if she's on the island but as if she's at home and the plan really worked...maybe she was at home....I don't know...I'm getting more and more confused...I just noticed how MANY differences there are between the original flight and the one we saw in 6x01. + there is an articles for the "unanswered questions" from premiere and I thought that "the time for question is over"...but it's not xD
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 TmoVie_obsessed said…
Why was he glad to see Richard "without chains"? Was Richard on the Black Rock as a slave?
-----
That thought literally never crossed my mind. I think that it's because now that Jacob's dead Richard doesn't have eternal life anymore AND is without Jacob's protection. I don't know where I came up with that, but that's what I jumped to.

What was Juliet saying before she died? Was she having flashes, like Charlotte was before she died? Was that how she knew "it worked"?
---
I'm not quite sure about this. But my first thought is that she meant "it worked" as in, Jack's plan did work, like the flashes we were seeing of them on the plane actually is happening. Why she knew this I don't know though....

Goodness... I'm all confuzzled again....
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
haha, same, Margot! I keep getting confused all the time since I watched it xD

About Juliet... I'm with Hayls on this one. I think the reason why she went from "it didn't work, did it?" to nearly telling Sawyer that it did work is because she was stuck between those two alternate universes. Maybe like when some of the Losties got stuck in time, with Charlotte...? Do they need a constant for alternate universes, too? D:
1年以上前 Kellcurr03 said…
Alright.......Jacks neck was cut because that is where he got shot on the island in season 5.
1年以上前 marissa said…
"think he lived on the island for a long time and then it either got destroyed or maybe... maybe his "home" now has other occupants? his home might even be the Temple. - Em

That's what I was starting to think. Remember the smoke monster was desribed as a "security system" for the Temple?
But, if he's prtecting it, why was everyone freaking out? Was it because they were scared that MIB was on the loose? Isn't he supposed to be protecing them? Or might it have something to do with Jacob being dead? Is dead Jacob more dangerous then alive Jacob?

"I think that it's because now that Jacob's dead Richard doesn't have eternal life anymore AND is without Jacob's protection." - TmoVie

Great theory! Maybe without Jacob around, Richard is just as mortal as anyone else!
It would be weird to see him with wrinkles though...

As for the Charlie stuff:
I actually didn't miss his hair as much as I thought I would, lol. DM looked supah sexxi with his short hair, if you ask me ;)

And, was he trying to kill himself? My thought was that he swallowed the heroin to stop anytont from finding it. Don't people swallow balloons for drugs to smuggle them places?
After he did that, he started to go unconcious, and I figured that's when he sort of... I dunno, accepted his fate and realized he was going to die.
But then, why did he say he was "supposed" to die?
I have no idea, maybe my theory's totally wrong, lol.
1年以上前 marissa said…
heart
Also, was anyone else a little bummed that the first scene Sun and Jin had together in s6 was one where Jin was a jerk and Sun was still her old, meak self?

When I first saw them, I thought, "oooh, here it comes! this is going to be really cute! they're together!"
But no! Jin was all angry and Sun was all quiet and sad.

:(

I can't wait for their reunion!
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
"Also, was anyone else a little bummed that the first scene Sun and Jin had together in s6 was one where Jin was a jerk and Sun was still her old, meak self?

When I first saw them, I thought, "oooh, here it comes! this is going to be really cute! they're together!"
But no! Jin was all angry and Sun was all quiet and sad."

I totally agree with you guys on this! At first, I was happy just to see them on screen together again, but I was disappointed that they were back to their old, unhappy selves. I want to see them together in the regular timeline with their daughter!
1年以上前 marissa said…
I know!

Does this mean that Ji Yeon will never been born, since they couldn't have children off the Island?
Will Charlie Hume ever be born? link fic (amoung others, lol) made me love them!
1年以上前 marissa said…
Just a question abuot Locke/MIB:
Remember way back in s1 when Locke saw the monster for the first time? He described it as a bright, white light, didn't he? Is that why the man chose him? Because he could see something the others couldn't?
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
I completely agree! If I'm honest I thought a Sun/Jin scene in the premiere was inevitable, but I thought it'd be a reunion! Argh!
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
^Maybe in one timeline, but they still exist in the timeline that we have been following all along. Does that make any sense?

lol, all this alternate timeline talk makes me feel like I'm talking about Fringe or Back to the Future Part II instead of Lost.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
That's a toughie, Marissa. My head hurts just thinking about it! lol

and that fic was awesome :)
I want to see them together in the regular timeline with their daughter!
----
You have no idea how annoyed I am that their daughter hasn't been mentioned since she left!!! At least now they're in the same time period so they NEED to reunite.

Remember way back in s1 when Locke saw the monster for the first time? He described it as a bright, white light, didn't he? Is that why the man chose him? Because he could see something the others couldn't?
---
I was just thinking about that earlier!!! I believe that he did see something important in Locke. Because thinking about it the smoke monster did the same thing with Eko before he killed him, so the monster probably was looking at certain people to figure out who would be perfect and Locke was the one he chose.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
Because he could see something the others couldn't?

^^ that would be a good explanation, yeah. I always thought that the reason MIB chose Locke was because Locke was, well... gullible in a way. But I like the sound of your theory much better, haha!
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
"Remember way back in s1 when Locke saw the monster for the first time? He described it as a bright, white light, didn't he? Is that why the man chose him? Because he could see something the others couldn't?"

It could be. Could he have also chosen to become Locke since he was already dead?
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
so the monster probably was looking at certain people to figure out who would be perfect and Locke was the one he chose.

^^ WOAH! You've definitely got me convinced now, lol. I love the idea.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
Could he have also chosen to become Locke since he was already dead?

^^ Well that appears to be what he's done in other times... Christian is a big example of that.
tongue
Christian is a big example of that.
------
Goodness. Knowing for a fact that Locke is the smoke monster and what he did I'm suddenly seeing episodes in the past in a totally different way. Especially the Christian character. Like when he was in the cabin he said that he was there to speak on Jacob's behalf, he was the one to tell Locke to move the island in the first place. Weird........
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
"Like when he was in the cabin he said that he was there to speak on Jacob's behalf, he was the one to tell Locke to move the island in the first place. Weird........"

Wow, I didn't even think of that. That is really weird. It makes it sound like he has had this planned all along...
It makes it sound like he has had this planned all along...
------
Yeah... I'm going to have to go back and see whether or not the gray ash line was there during then though. Cause I don't remember that well and if the circle was broken then it was the smoke monster.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 courtney7488 said…
Wasn't there a gray ash line around the cabin when we first saw Ben go to it? I may be wrong, though...
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
You're correct. Locke went and inspected it a little bit. But we didn't see the the entire circle of Ash, and we only saw it at night until the Shadow of the stature people checked it out. So it could have been broken for a long time for all we know

But i can somewhat explain why Des was on the plane. If the island became flooded that either means everyone had to leave, or that everyone on it died. So it's far less likely that Charles Widmore met penny's mother so Des never would have been sailing to win her back.

And a small question i have. If Richard was on the Black Rock, where was the ship getting it's slaves from?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Steve_McQueen64 said…
Well, all I have to say was the premire was mind blowing!

And wasn't the circle of ash broken when the people from the 2nd plane crash came?

If MIB can turn into other people, like change the way he looks, and he was Locke and Chirstian, do you think he could also had been Walt when he finds Locke in the dharma pit???

And I would really like to know why Desmond was on the alt universe plane! :P
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Also^^^ why does everyone think the MIB lives on island? What i took out of that scene was that his home was off island. That was the great irony, that all John wanted was to stay on the Island and all he wanted was to get the hell off.
1年以上前 AKnetsirk said…
So many new mysteries! LAX was so awesome. :D

I just had an idea. What if... what if there was two smoke monsters? A MIB one and a Jacob one. It just doesn't make sense to me that the temple Others would be so freaked out that their "security system" might be coming. Jacob and MIB seem to be equals, so why would only one of them have a super-cool smoke form?
Locke saw what was a bright light earlier in Season 1. Could that have been Jacob? Whatever/whoever it was, he was face to face with it and it didn't hurt him. But the monster in Exodus didn't seem nearly as nice. In theory, the MIB monster would want Locke dead so he could possess him or what not.
Then, in Season 4, why would Ben be able to summon it? By the way MIB beat up poor Richard, it's obvious that he is not on The Other's side. I don't get why the heck he'd help Jacob's people fight against Keamy and company.
If the monster can turn into people, then again there's two different sides. One, you have Walt helping Locke. Two, you have Yemi leading Eko to his death.

"Two players, two sides, one is light, the other is dark"

1年以上前 Ivison said…
By the way MIB beat up poor Richard, it's obvious that he is not on The Other's side. I don't get why the heck he'd help Jacob's people fight against Keamy and company.

He might have just wanted to protect his home a.k.a the island, because it really doesn't make any sense why he would want to help the Others but I also think it's gonna be too fantastically if there are two smoke monsters. I believe it's one-the MIB.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 marissa said…
"What if... what if there was two smoke monsters? A MIB one and a Jacob one. It just doesn't make sense to me that the temple Others would be so freaked out that their "security system" might be coming. Jacob and MIB seem to be equals, so why would only one of them have a super-cool smoke form?
Locke saw what was a bright light earlier in Season 1. Could that have been Jacob? Whatever/whoever it was, he was face to face with it and it didn't hurt him. But the monster in Exodus didn't seem nearly as nice."

Wow, that's brilliant!
It actually makes a lot of sense! lol
1年以上前 xDHmadx said…
loving everyone's theories! :) i re-watched the premiere last night and picked up on something i completely missed the first time round ... the security gaurd at the airport calls Sun "Miss Paik" when she asks her if she understands english .....

Do we reckon thats a mistake or are they not married in this alt.reality???
Also^^^ why does everyone think the MIB lives on island? What i took out of that scene was that his home was off island.
----
I agree. But I think he's been stuck there since the first time we saw him (with Jacob on the beach) or maybe even before, maybe that's why he hated Jacob as much as he did. He could've been forced to stay there because of Jacob.

Do we reckon thats a mistake or are they not married in this alt.reality???
-----
I'm really going to hope that it was a mistake, because Jin was working for Paik Ind. and I don't know why he'd be doing that if he hadn't needed to so he could marry Sun. Maybe her passport still says Paik.
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
What if... what if there was two smoke monsters? A MIB one and a Jacob one. It just doesn't make sense to me that the temple Others would be so freaked out that their "security system" might be coming. Jacob and MIB seem to be equals, so why would only one of them have a super-cool smoke form?
Locke saw what was a bright light earlier in Season 1. Could that have been Jacob? Whatever/whoever it was, he was face to face with it and it didn't hurt him. But the monster in Exodus didn't seem nearly as nice.

That is completely genius!
1年以上前 Emm_xD said…
Wasn't there a gray ash line around the cabin when we first saw Ben go to it? I may be wrong, though...

I remember watching a movie called "The Skeleton Key" and in it Kate Hudson (I think it was her anyway, lol) thought this creepy old lady was possessed, so she read books about possession and stuff related to it. She found out that if you put the 'ash' or whatever around yourself, anyone who is possessed in any way or someone who means you harm can't get around it.

So... the ash around Jacob's cabin could mean he was keeping his enemy out.
1年以上前 tuttleAC said…
Or Emm^ it could have been a way of keeping his enemy in ;)

And i'm gonna go with Sun and Jin not married in the flash sideways. Apparently neither of them had wedding or engagement rings in either of their scenes.
1年以上前 marissa said…
So, I was wondering...

Do you think that the two time lines will eventually meet up somehow? The the universe will "course correct" itself, so that everyone will endup where they're supposed to?
Like, Claire will keep Aaron, Boone will die, Jack will meet Kate, etc, etc.

Or have they completely changed things know? How could they end up where they're supposed to be, of the Island is underwater?
Unless that's not where they're supposed to be in the end?

I dunno, I'm confusing myself, lol.
What do you guys think?
1年以上前 Steve_McQueen64 said…
"What if... what if there was two smoke monsters? A MIB one and a Jacob one. It just doesn't make sense to me that the temple Others would be so freaked out that their "security system" might be coming. Jacob and MIB seem to be equals, so why would only one of them have a super-cool smoke form?
Locke saw what was a bright light earlier in Season 1. Could that have been Jacob? Whatever/whoever it was, he was face to face with it and it didn't hurt him. But the monster in Exodus didn't seem nearly as nice."
Wow, I never thought of that! It's perfect! I thought that MIB and Jacob had the same powers, but I never thought about the whole smoke monster part, or how he could have been some of the other characters that came back to life :O
last edited 1年以上前