Kill Bill Is there an alternate O-Ren-Ishii death scene? Or, from which movie am I remembering this?

ultranothing posted on May 03, 2013 at 06:48PM
So, I'm watching Kill Bill, Volume I the other night. My cousin hadn't seen it (How, I don't know), and I hadn't seen it in a number of years, myself. But what I do remember is the final fight scene with O-Ren Ishii. I recalled that the top of O-Ren-Ishii's head is cut off, she says something to the effect of, "That was a Hattori Hanzo sword," and then the top of her head SLIDES OFF. Slides! It was awesome in its gore.

So, I'm watching it the other night and her scalp is flying through the air? ...And then, the most sorry excuse for a beheading shot I think I've ever seen. It looked as though her skull was cut all the way around, but her brain was still sticking out of the top That would be like slicing a watermelon in half with a samurai sword, and only the rind is gone.

So, not only are we thinking, "how is the top half of her brain still there, if the top of her head was sliced off?" But it's so painfully obvious that it's a prosthetic piece. O-Ren-Ishii's head is a good inch taller than a normal human being. The camera panned up from her torso, to her face, to her head and I thought "Whoa, am I watching the Coneheads, here?"

So, what happened to the scene where her head is sliced, diagonally, and then slides off onto the ground?

Or was this a different movie, entirely? No! Dammit, I'm sure it was Kill Bill. No? GRRR!

Kill Bill 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 cheburash said…
I saw this scene dude! And I need answers too! I'm sure it was Kill Bill... I remembered it now because I saw the same scene again in The Suicide Squad 2021...
last edited 1年以上前