ハリーポッターvsトワイライト 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

ハリーポッターvsトワイライト 54807 返信

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2501-2550 of 54807

1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
Lol nice FredWRules!! :) I just had to say how much I love how our forum gains a page every 2 days at the most. We're up to 101! Go us!! The twilight is better forum has been at 19 for like 2 weeks. Heeheehee!!
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
big smile
*highfives* hey, you changed your picture! Nice... it's cool... :D
1年以上前 emlincr said…
2568. J.K. Rowling can actually write several series just based around HP. For example, she can write a whole other series on Dumbledore's life, a seperate one on how the wizarding world was made, another one on Voldemorte/ Tom Riddle's life, and if she was feeling kinda cheesy and in a "romantic" mood, she could write a short series on the romance of Lily and James Potter.
Now for after Harry Potter, she could write a series on Harry's kids' adventures at Hogwarts.

With Twilight, I guess the only "before" there is is Carlisle's history and that was pretty much summed up in one chapter in Twilight. And there is no f*cking "after" Edward and Bella just live in their own little part of happily ever after or whatever. I think we all know which author was more creative here.
1年以上前 hogwarts62442 said…
YAY!!! Average Wizard is back on the internet!
1年以上前 TheQuibbler said…
Really? Thanks! I'm going to go check it out.
1年以上前 LoveforSeverus said…
AVERAGE WIZARD! YAY! *cookie is deserved*

I think JKR should write "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore"
Can you guyzzz PLEASE read this :) *big puppy dog eyes*
link
1年以上前 Renarimae said…
2569: "Harry Potter has bad messages and teaches children to do magic." WRONG! I mean, for Pete's sake, Harry Potter has alot of good messages. The pope said that himself! Now Twilight, its messages aren't necessarily. Such as, watching your girlfriend sleep, heck, if I caught someone watching me sleep I'd be like, "Ah! Mom! Dad! Jared! (Jared's my brother btw) Help me! There's a frickin' creep in my room!" I mean that'd scare the crap out of me.

2570: HP characters don't get hitched, knocked up, and pregnant at 18, c'mon people, aren' we supposed to be promoting pregnancy for OLDER people! I mean, teen pregnancy is already pretty common. Gosh, I feel like I'm watching The Pregnancy Pact, only there's just one teen mom. Heck! I don't wanna' be a mom til' I'm 29!

2571: Harry Potter doesn't have flawless characters. Which I think is good because we should remind people that nobody's perfect. I mean, I wouldn't dump my boyfriend (I don't really have one) just because he's not Edward.

2572: Hermione is a much better role model for girls all over the world. Because it's almost like Bella is saying that you need a man to live life and actually be happy. (Thank God I'm happy AND single, I'm not dating anyone, as I said before)

2573: In Harry Potter, it takes time for the characters to fall in love. I mean, in real life, people don't fall "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with someone in just a few weeks. And also, you can stop loving someone. Hello? How do you think divorce happens many times? Geez, this isn't a little fairytale world where two people fall in love in just one day and live happily ever after. Only 7 year old girls think that. But what do they know about the real world.

2574: If a young adult shapeshifter + a 15 year old half vampire girl = LOVE, I'd be scared to ever have him imprint on me! I'm actually 14.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Renarimae said…
cake
I usually don't post alot on my comments, but lately, I've had alot to say.
1年以上前 Renarimae said…
laugh
Get to 1000. It's so weird. We're already at 2574. Lol.
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
Because Harry Potter fans are cool- speaking of which, I'm watching AVPM!!!! XD
1年以上前 Guin90 said…
Just to say I only read the first 10 pages of this, there are over 100 so it have taken me all night. By the way I can't believe we're already near to 3000. Harry Potter totally rocks.

Also want to say that I agree with most posts supporting HP and bagging Twilight.

As I have already said I havn't read everyone's post so I don't if what I am about to write has already been posted.

Many of you have said that Twilight sucks (which it totally does) because Meyer came up with idea in a dream. I would like remind people that one of the greatest works of literary fiction was created from a dream, albeit, somewhat of a nighmare I would think, but a dream nevertheless. For those who don't already know, I am talking, of course, about 'Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus' by Mary Shelley.

Shelley, used her dreams to her, and the worlds advantage, creating one of the greatest anti-heroes and monsters (for those of who know the story I will not tell you who is who, that's all part of the debate of the narrative), a novel that in many ways makes you weep for the fate of humanity.

Meyer turned her dream into one of the most disasterous and insulting pieces of fiction in the entire history of mankind. This makes me weep for humanity for an entirely different reason, and for the future of the novel.

Of course this is not necessarily a reason why Harry Potter is better, it's just a reason why Twilight sucks!! This is why I did not number it.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Guin90 said…
2575 - I can use both as inspiration for when I write.

Harry Potter because it makes me dream about the worlds I can create, and the impact I can have, also because it is an awesome piece of creative genius,whom I wish I could write like.

Twilight "Saga" because it makes me dream about the worlds I can create and the impact I can have, also because I know I can write better than Meyer (my pet turtle, Fred, could), and if she can be published and make millions of dollars, then there is always hope for me!
1年以上前 Guin90 said…
2576 -
Before I say this next thing, I would first like to say that I love Harry Potter, and could never say anything bad about. That is why I do not count what I am about to say as bad, just something to think about.

While HP is an absolutely magnificent work of literary fiction, and will be with us for so long, I have to wonder if it will ever be considered a literary classic, in 50 or 100+ years, in the same manner as Chaucer or Tolkien?? I hope it will, I just have to wonder whether it can survive amongst copycats that are, and undoubtably continue, to follow.

Whereas the Twilight "Saga" can never and will never be considered a literary work of fiction or classic literature, and I hope to all that is good and kind, that all those who believe so, will come to their senses and come to understand exactly what a classic is. I'm not saying they have to like HP, I'm just saying that they need to understand.
1年以上前 Guin90 said…
2577 - This will sound rather childish when compared to everything I just ranted about.

Harry Potter can be abbreviated to HP or hp when writing in things like this. Not only does everyone understand what you're talking about, but it is also quicker to type than 'Harry Potter'

Twilight has no such abbreviation, if I were to write 'T' (without inverted commas of course) or even 't', most would assume that I had made some sort of spelling or typing error.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
2578. I'm sorry, but wtf is the point of twilight's "antagonists". Siriusly, what do they even do? I admit English is NOT my best class, but aren't antagonists necessary to enhance a plot? Twilight has NO plot! The antagonists are thrown in just for the sake of Smeyer being able to say they're in there, and then they die. Wtf? New moon and breaking dawn don't even really have ANY villians because the volturi don't exactly do anything to harm the cullens so...forgive me twitards but, what's the point?
1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
2579. Twitards say he bella's "relateable" because twilight's written in 1st person. Idk about you guys, but I didn't relate to her at all. In fact, I wanted to stab her repeatedly with a very blunt spoon. That was one of my biggest problems with twilight. When you read you're supposed to connect with the characters and feel something. Twilight...I just didn't CARE!! I'm sorry but I didn't. I never did, I never will. When Edward left Bella, I didn't feel for her at all. Her emotasticness bored and annoyed me to no end. In Harry Potter, I could connect with a lot of the characters. Most of them, actually, have something you can relate to. Even Voldemort. I hate him sooo much but by Half Blood Prince, I felt sorry for him and I kind of understood what sent him over the edge.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
2580. This might've been said before and if it has, sorry, but only JK Rowling could write a character you both hate and love. I hate Bellatrix. She killed Sirius (who I loved!), tortured Neville's parents and so many other people...she's a sadistic B*TCH! But she's so b.a. and awesome that a lot of people (myself included)can't help but love her too!
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
precisely! wow, I've posted hardly any reasons.
2581. Most twilight fans eventually snap out of their fandom, while I know hardly anyone that's stopped liking HP...
1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
^ Ooh! that's a good one! I've had a couple friends that did that. P.s. thanks about the picture thing way up there. I just saw it! :)
1年以上前 mooimafish17 said…
that is a good one - sorry ive not been here

ive been busy eating ALL your freshly baked cookies

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........*cough*.....A­HAH­AHA­HAH­AHA­
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 souflizzle317 said…
@FredWrules, they might stop liking Harry Potter in favor of Twilight but then realize their mistake and go back to normal :) That's what I did, I was OBSESSED with Harry Potter from kindergarten through sixth grade and then in seventh grade, I stopped liking it as much and loved Twilight (kill me). Last summer (between 7th and 8th grades), I went back to normal haha :)

Number something (I'm too lazy to go back to page 101 to look): Bella and the Cullens never argue. They never have any fights of any kind (and no, arguing over whether or not she should become a vampire doesn't count). They're supposed to all be awesomely close family-like friends, and therefore not having any disagreements is unrealistic. In Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron fight all the time and several times stop speaking. In Goblet of Fire, Harry and Ron stop speaking for a good few chapters over something completely normal in teen boys (Ron was jealous and Harry was angry), and Hermione constantly has little tantrums at Harry whenever she's mad at Ron and thinks that Harry is taking Ron's side. This is realistic, and interesting, whereas Bella's relationship with the Cullens is boringly perfect.
1年以上前 TheQuibbler said…
2583. Bella is such a B!tch! I've been reading the series as a dare from one of my friends and in new moon when its her birthday and the Cullens have put together a very thoughtful and nice party for her she walks in and starts complaining, "It was worse than I had imagined." She makes me want to scream, "LIGHTEN UP YOU RETARD! EVERYONE LOVES YOU EVEN TOUGH YOU TREAT THEM LIKE CRAP!"

grrrr. *angrily stuffs cookie in mouth*
last edited 1年以上前
"2581. Most twilight fans eventually snap out of their fandom, while I know hardly anyone that's stopped liking HP..." @FredWRules MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ Haha sadly, I think a very large percentage of Harry Potter fans went to the dark side for at least a few months before seeing the light again :)
But I was a Twihard. I had never read Harry Potter before I read Twilight.
1年以上前 mooimafish17 said…
i went to the dark side.......for two weeks - then it was hp all the way :D

on a random side note: i have a t-shirt that says, "come to the dark side, we have cookies" LOL
^hahaha

^hahaha
1年以上前 mooimafish17 said…
kiss
^^^ OH that i LIKE :X :X
1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
^^ OOH! Me likey!!! :P
1年以上前 Italktosnakes said…
laugh
link
LOL! This is pretty funny. Its a day in the life od Voldemort :) x
1年以上前 SuperFab15 said…
^ omg that was AWESOME!!!
1年以上前 DracoLuver said…
i have like a whole page for this forum, but i'll write it later. :D ..and i have the Twilight book, so if anyone wants any quotes to support their reason, I'm here!
1年以上前 potterrox said…
@souflizzle- I love the name of your bookshop! We did the tempest in my advanced drama class, and I love the story.

@LoveforSev- That photo just made my day :)

And now I have cookies too! they're ginger snaps and sooooo addictive, its crazy. Speaking of addictive, if you're bored, and want to be entertained try this game. link
Warning you won't be able to stop!
It's really hard to get a Twilight fan to snap out of their fandom.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
@LoveforSev, wow, we have a ton in common! We both went over to the dark side, and then after reading Harry Potter for the first time, we snapped out of it!!! (btw, I'm just guessing that's what happened with you, coz that's what happened with me)

and @hogwarts62442, it took my friends almost a year to snap (whoops, I just nearly wrote Snape instead of snap!) out of my fandom, but eventually I caved to their insisting on my reading of the Potter, and I realized what a bad series the "twilight saga" was. XD I love my friends!
1年以上前 potterrox said…
Okay fanpoppers, this is big. I, a die hard hp fan, am going to the Eclipse pre-screening in New York City. My friend's mom has a book fair business, and she got tickets. (My friend is a twi-hard)And even more strange, KStew and Taylor Lautner are gonna be there. What should I say to them, if anything? A whole evening in the company of screaming twi fans... It'll be all I can do not to smack them. But it'll be okay, because Taylor Lautner is pretty hot. Jut wanted to let you all know, because I thought you might get a kick out of it.
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
^ bring cream pies and throw them :)
1年以上前 Guin90 said…
As a die-hard Harry Potter fan I feel ashamed to admit I have read Twilight. I spent two weeks over the 08/09 summer holiday, reading and rereading the books. I'm not proud to say it but I believe I became near to obsessed. But then I arrived back home, I had returned the books to their original owner, and being bored one day picked up HP; I had barely finished the first page before before I realised what an unter and complete moron I had been.

From that moment I vowed never to touch a Twilight 'novel' again. And I have stayed true to this.

I chose the dark side, but I chose the wrong one, as an HP fan I would rather join Lord Voldemort than the "Twithards'.
1年以上前 Guin90 said…
Also they should make some sort of club for those of us who have seen the light. Something akin to AA, i.e. 'My name is _______ and I read Twilight. It was the single biggest mistake of my life [or whatever else you think].
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
I'll say it!
"My name is Andie, and I read twilight. That was a HUGE mistake, because I became a twihard, and lost valuable parts of my life that I can never get back. I am proud to be a Harry Potter nerd."
1年以上前 potterrox said…
Haha, I'll consider it, Fred
smile
I actually first read Harry Potter and then I read Twilight because i saw an ad for the first movie and i thoght I'd give the books a try. I hated the first book but I kept reading, so I finished New Moon and Eclipse and then I started Breaking Dawn but I never finished it because it sucked. Then I read Harry Potter again and I was cured of my illness. And then I read the Harry Potter books 3 more times.
1年以上前 Pensieve_Seeker said…
@potterrox--You don't have to say anything to Kristin Stewart and/or Taylor Lautner if you don't want to; however, if you do, then I'd make it something inoffensive like "I hope you are enjoying yourself this evening" or something like that.
@FredWRules We are like, the same. Hahaha!!!!
And if you havn't can you please read this
link
1年以上前 emlincr said…
I'm really ashamed to say, but I was over on the dark side for almost 3 months :( Those 3 months of my life are ones that I will never get back.
1年以上前 FredWRules said…
*high fives LoveforSev* win! now there's about 3-4 of me in the world!!!!

btw, I might be going to learn KARATE!!!! *does bad fake ninja poses*

oh, and emlincr, same thing here except I think it may've been a bit longer than 3 months *ashamed face*
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 DracoLuver said…
smile
Everyone is writing about their dark-side days so i'll include mine:

I always hated Harry Potter because I thought people were making such a huge deal about a boring book. So what if he's a wizard? blah blah blah .. Anyway, i moved to a new town so i was really depressed considering it was so quiet and lonely here so i decided i'd read Twilight. Somehow reading Bella's depression made me fell better, but i always thought she was an idiot. Anyway, i LOVED the books and *hard facepalm* i found it an insult that people compared something so great like Twilight to HP. My best-friend hated Twilight but she bared with me, but then my core teacher said Twilight was at a low level so i had to read something else. And then my friend literally threw the HP book at me. I remember going home thinking "Omg, this is gonna be so boring." and now i know almost everything about it. It's only been 3 1/2 months since I've been converted and boy am i glad. (:

So, yeah. I was a Twilight fan for 2 years ): .. but now debating makes me feel like i'm making up for it. :) ....
Haha I'm kinda late to this "dark side" thing but I'll add mine anyway :) (Sorry if parts of it have already been said)

My aunt and uncle sent me the DVD of Sorcerer's Stone for my fifth birthday, I watched it that night, and picked up the first book from our bookshop the next day because I loved the movie, and I could read the book at five because I had learned to read when I was three. I loved the first book even more than the movie so I read the next three or four in rapid succession. Summer before second grade (I was seven), Order of the Phoenix came out, and I read it in nine days (pretty fast for a seven-year-old on summer vacation on the beach, in my opinion). By that point, I was known as the girl who was obsessed with Harry Potter at my elementary school. I went to the midnight opening of the 4th, 5th, and 6th movies, and read HBP within 24 hours of picking it up the day it came out, and then finished DH in eight hours after the midnight opening. Harry Potter was, in a way, my reputation. It was in September of seventh grade (I was 12) that I read Twilight. And unfortunately, I became obsessed. I was a complete twihard. I had a list of all the characters ever mentioned on the front of my binder at school. And, I'm very ashamed to admit, I didn't get over it until May of the following year (About eight or nine months later). And even then, it took about three more months before I absolutely LOATHED the book (as opposed to just not being obsessed anymore) and came back to Harry Potter :)

@LoveforSeverus: that link you posted is totally true! I love how Smeyer pretty much fits all the descriptions for a fanfic writer :)

@DracoLuver, Don't worry, I think debating makes up for it :) At least, I hope it does because I don't want to go to hell for that long period of the time that I loved Twilight :(

EDIT: and just a heads-up, I won't be posting very often because I'm in Paris (!!!) so I'll naturally be spending quite a lot of time away from the computer :)
last edited 1年以上前