フレンズ フレンズ vs. How I Met Your Mother

Rae2233 posted on Jul 27, 2012 at 06:03AM
Now, I don't know if anybody answers these anymore. However, this is just an opinion topic, and it would be nice if some people gave their own opinion. First, if you haven't watched all seasons of both shows, I would kindly ask you to not say your opinion. I have watched seasons 1-10 of Friends 3 times over. I just started watching it about one year ago, I was to young to understand it when it was out. I love the show. I never get tired of the friends comedy. I have also watched How I met your Mother seasons 1-6, because that is what is on Netflix. I will be watching season 7 this fall. There are a lot of similarities and there is a debate over which show is better. I personally think Friends is because Friends is an older show, with amazing actors who make you feel happy and at home when you are watching all 6 be them crazy selves. However, How I Met Your Mother is also good, don't get me wrong.

Similarities I, and other people have noticed: Both group of friends from New York, They always hang out and drink rarely needing to go to work, Pilot episode: Romantic guy (Ted & Ross) falls for girl that doesn't really like him back, Nest season the couple get together, The couple dates for a year, then break up, Couple hooks up regularly over years, Ted & Ross have a fairly geeky job and they both eventually become professors, The ladies man : (Barney & Joey), The couple that married: (Lily&Marshall, Monica&Chandler), The ladies men both marry the couples, Barney and Joey both get a shot at Ted&Ross' women (Robin&Rachel). The married couples both almost did an annulment. AND A LOT MORE.

So, the question is, which is better?

フレンズ 6 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 alkonyat said…
I think Friends is definitely the better one. My favorite show ever:) I started to watch it like 6 or 7 years ago and I still love it. I always re-watch the episodes and it never gets boring. I'm not counting now how many times have I seen all the episodes. I love everything in this show:) I owe all seasons on DVD.
I also watch HIMYM and it's really good, too but I think it's not as good as Friends. I've seen all the episodes what was aired and I want to know what's gonna happen but that's all, I'm not fanatic. And I've noticed the similarities, too.:)
1年以上前 Rae2233 said…
Awesome, I understand why some people like HIMYM better. I was just wondering what some people think about it. I just don't like how there are so many similarities! I read a comment some where that said: "Most HIMYM episodes are written by someone who helped direct friends." Uh, I don't think that is true..
1年以上前 alkonyat said…
We talked about it with my cousin. He is a Friends fan, too and when HIMYM is on TV and he visits us sometimes we watch it. There is an episode in season 2 when Marshall and Lily get back together. It's the 7th or 8th episode, I don't know exactly. In the beginning of the episode they're hanging out in a coffeehouse and Barney or Ted mention that hanging out in a bar is better then in a coffeehouse. We looked at each other and said no. He couldn't have said that. I mean Central Perk is like the best place ever:) We both thought that they're referring to Friends. Well, we can't be sure but...
HIMYM is still a very good show and I really like it but I think nobody can deny the similarities. And when someone says that Friends and HIMYM are two totally different show and they have nothing in common is a bit annoying. But everyone can have an own opinion:)
1年以上前 Rae2233 said…
I definitely agree. I remember that episode. I have heard a lot of people say that it was referring to Friends. But, who could possibly know that? I do still watch HIMYM just because, but It still bugs me some what with all the similarities. I just really don't understand the reasoning behind all of the similarities. There is just something I like better about Friends. I feel like Friends characters have made me love them with how they act. And, in HIMYM I don't really feel that way? I mean I love Lily and Marshall as a couple. There is a great comedy in HIMYM though, and in Friends! :) Thanks for you opinion. Any other shows you watch that you like?
1年以上前 alkonyat said…
I think they may be similar because Friends was so successful but it was over. And if some of the HIMYM makers worked on it or watched it they may took out some ideas. There were all the Friends fans who missed the show, they were the potential viewers. I don't say it's wrong. At this point I don't think anyone can make a show what is totally different from all the others what were on TV before.
Even though there are similarities they are different for me. When I'm in a bad mood I watch Friends and I always feel better. There's something magical in Friends:) I mean it ended 8 years ago and there are people who start to watch it now because they were young when Friends was aired. And I think it's great:)
1年以上前 Rae2233 said…
I agree with even though there are similarities they are totally different! I started watching around 1 year ago? Not sure. I was to young then. But, I absolutely love it. I can't really pick a favorite in Friends and I think that that's how a show should be, where you love all the characters so much, you can barely pick a favorite! I watched something with Marta Kauffman, David Crane, and Kevin Bright, and they mentioned that they got the main comedy from Chandler and Pheobe. I mean you got comedy from all the characters, but the main comedy and to lighten things up came from them. I pretty much ran off topic, but I guess individual characters is a good topic too.