This BuzzFeed homepage is tailored for our readers in the USA. Make it your default. This BuzzFeed homepage is tailored for our readers in the USA. Switch to US Have you seen BuzzFeed English? Come check it out!
US Edition UK Edition Australia Brasil Deutschland Español France India Edition
How Many Of These 2014 Movies Have You Seen?
Idris Elba Responded Perfectly To The People Who…
34 Awesome Celebrity Dolls You Won’t Believe Exist
20 Reasons "10 Things I Hate About You" Is A…
Fabulous! Don\'t forget to share with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
1. In classic Disney fashion, Tiana wishes on a star. But more than any other Disney Princess, she realizes it takes hard work to make a wish come true.
2. There’s a valuable lesson here for kids who can’t wait around for a Fairy Godmother to fulfill their wishes.
3. Tiana never stops working toward her dream. DOUBLE SHIFTS.
7. She’s beautiful, clearly. But she doesn’t rest on that.
8. She educates herself while ignoring outside distractions.
9. Name one other Disney princess who is this independent and hard-working. YOU CAN’T.
10. She’s not always glamorous. And that’s OK! She’s REAL.
11. Tiana won’t let anyone stand in her way. That’s part of what makes her such a great role model.
12. She’s also notable for being the first African American Disney Princess. Her prince isn’t white either.
13. And she’s not an orphan or a child of neglect like so many fairy tale characters. Tiana’s family is tightly knit and supportive.
14. In fact, they teach the important values that make Tiana who she is.
15. As a woman, she’s fiercely independent, not instantly falling for the prince in either of his forms.
17. When she does fall in love with Prince Naveen, it’s not because he’s perfect, but rather that she accepts his flaws.
18. They’re willing to stay frogs to be together. It’s a decision they make as a couple, because they’re equals.
19. And sure, she gets the guy in the end, but that wasn’t her wish. She cares about so much more than being Naveen’s princess.
20. Tiana wants to make her dream of opening a restaurant come true. And she does, because she puts her mind to it.
21. She even passes her work ethic off to her lazy-ass prince.
22. Tiana stands alone as a Disney Princess: she’s bolder, wiser, and more assertive than the rest.
23. She’s an inspirational woman, the model of the American Dream.
Oops! It looks like you\'ve already used that reaction on this post.
Rebuzzed! This post has been added to your Feed
I know, right? And there’s more where that came from.
Broken hearted? Maybe you’ll like something over here instead?
I know, right? Will your friends agree?
24 Reasons Tiana Is The Most Underrated Disney Princess
http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/reasons-t... Brains, beauty, independence, and humility — no other Disney Princess comes close to Th...
Disney Posts Oscar Nominated "Paperman" Online In Its Entirety ×
12 Ways Disney Classics Could Have Been Totally Different ×
17 Disney Characters Who Need To Appear On “Once Upon A Time” ×
26 Reasons Kids Are Pretty Much Just Tiny Drunk…
The 13 Creepiest Things A Child Has Ever Said To…
11 Engagement Photos That Will Make You Happy…
the princess and the frog, disney, disney princess, disney princesses, prince naveen, princess and the frog, princess tiana, the princess and the frog, tiana
Don\'t forget to share! Want to add another one? Go for it!
Michael Egan, Who Accused Hollywood Figures Of Sexual Abuse, Indicted For Fraud
Facebook Twitter Tumblr BuzzFeed Apps Newsletter
Things Jane Austen Characters Get Away With That You Just Can’t
Nigel Farage Named Briton Of The Year By “The Times”
Idris Elba Responded Perfectly To The People Who Don’t Want A Black Bond
19 Reasons Why We Should Never Celebrate Christmas Again
What Is Your Most Embarrassing Yearbook Photo?
Are you sure you want to remove this item? You can\\'t restore it with "Cancel" button!
Upload an Image Crop Image Are These Thumbnails Okay? ×
Preview Thumbnails Save Thumbnails Choose a new image Save
Oops! We had a problem sending your message. Please try again later.
Great! You\'ll get your first email soon.