ディベート Ten Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong (AKA Gay Marriage Killed The Dinosaurs)

Cinders posted on Jan 21, 2008 at 08:50AM
This is for everyone who recognizes the grave risks of gay marriage. Some suggest gay marriage will merely undermine one of our most fundamental societal institutions, causing countless straight couples to get divorced because exclusion of gays was the only thing holding their marriage together.

But we know better. Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs. If we let liberal activist judges in Massachusetts and California set the course, the blood will run in rivers. Mixed with molten lava.

-----------------------------------------­---­-

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
last edited on Jan 21, 2008 at 08:55AM

ディベート 76 返信

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 76

1年以上前 DrDevience said…
Well... but like, my dog doesn't talk back to me. Ok, not often anyway. Less than Lars does at any rate...

But then, my dog is a female, so would that be like a double whammy? Gay Beastiality?
1年以上前 tessajanuary said…
Nice. You make so many valid and completely un-hypocritical points. ;)
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Yes, Doc, which is why gay marriage is wrong.

Thank you, tessajanuary.
1年以上前 blisslikethis said…
goodness, i'm so glad to see these all written down. i keep pointing these things out to my hippy liberal friends, but they just don't seem to get it. don't people understand that love is conditional?
1年以上前 amazondebs said…
ha! we just need someone to come along who actually agrees with all of these
1年以上前 hekissedmyhand said…
there's no sanctity of marriage period. I think that should change.

lol but good points.
1年以上前 kateliness2 said…
On #3. My generation is actually the first where the life expectancy in the US will go down... yeah. It's a step backwards.
A random but valid point.

And the rest of my comments are pretty much echoes.
If a church (valid legalization of marriage, etc.) is willing to perform the service, then why the heck not?

Oh yeah.... *rereads forum*
1年以上前 greekthegeek said…
#9 is the only point that makes any sense to me.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Come again, greek?
1年以上前 DrDevience said…
Life expectancy in the US will go down? Do you realize how low it is right now compared to the rest of the world?

And I just cannot fathom how people in love getting married will change that... if anything, life expectancy will go up with more lifemates being content....
1年以上前 kateliness2 said…
I don't know... I was just saying what I heard on the news ;)
1年以上前 greekthegeek said…
i didn't know that you were against Gay Marriages Cinders...
wow. i mean, i know sarcasm is occassionally hard to detect.. but, really?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Cinders said…
greek, are YOU being sarcastic?
1年以上前 Miss_Sigma said…
Please would someone tell me that this is sarcastic. Please?
of course not. my roommate is super tall, and i swear i've grown 3 inches in the last 6 months just from being around her.
1年以上前 greekthegeek said…
okay i'm confused now?
are you or are you not against gay marriages?
1年以上前 Cinders said…
OK, seriously (BTW, bliss I love you. We should get married.):

The point of this list is to show how ridiculous these reasons against gay marriage are. It's very hard to read this and NOT see how contradictory they are. I mean, really, do you really think that blacks still aren't allowed to marry whites and that women are property? That's what makes this list so FUNNY! Because it's a list of ACTUAL reasons given against gay marriage with a sarcastic rebuttal that points out how ridiculous they are!

I'm sorry if people actually took this list seriously, but I thought a title like "Gay Marriage Killed The Dinosaurs" MIGHT tip you off that it's kind of a joke.
i'm still totally flabbergasted that anyone took this even remotely seriously.

and Cinders, i'd marry you any day.. even if it would be unnatural, profane, sacreligious and illegal in most parts of your country. hell, we might even be lucky enough to raise 6 or 7 immoral, socially unbalanced, gay children who will one day aspire to marry their pets.
1年以上前 greekthegeek said…
sorry :D forgives me?
i would marry my cat also. he's so furry and loving XD
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Awww, it's OK, we love you.

Sounds like a plan to me, Bliss!
last edited 1年以上前
deal! are you the wedding dress kind of gal, or the tux-wearing kind? also, i was thinking that all the flowers should be arranged in rainbow colours, you know, to rub it in the face of conformist society a little further.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Ooh, I love rainbows! And I could go either way on the clothing thing. I look kinda good in a tux. We could both wear tuxes. That would be sticking it to them.

And can we have some gay men in assless chaps in the wedding party? They can be the "Flower Girls." I love me some assless chaps.
totally! and we can have both male and female strippers at the reception! assless chaps all around.. now who should we invite?
1年以上前 DrDevience said…
Psssst Bliss - Cinders asked me to marry her also.

See! the polygamy thang has already begun! ayeeeeee
1年以上前 DrDevience said…
Wait.

Assless chaps?

I am sooo there....
1年以上前 amazondebs said…
count me in!
i think you should play queen "i want to break free" as you go down the isle! lol
ooh! honey, what do you think? maybe we should make a pick..
1年以上前 dazl said…
Oh my God. I don't care if I'm not invited, I'm showing up anyway.

I'd like to offer my sevices as minister. I shall perform the entire ceremony through the medium of dance. I am also cheap. You can buy me off with finger food.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
I. Love. Queen. It is FABULOUS!

Dara: Will you accept cookies?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 dazl said…
Gladly! Ha! I'd have settled for pigs in a blanket!
1年以上前 Cinders said…
OK, OK, OK, what I want to know is where are we going on our honeymoon and how soon can we get there? Ah! So much to plan, so much to do, so little time!

Wait, why is there little time?

Have we set a date? Oh I'm so dizzy from happiness that she said yes!
we have to wait until after the Fanpoppies. i'm too busy to plan a wedding in the midst of keeping track of all these nominations. besides, only the sexually repressed get married in winter.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
I'm sorry, what do you mean? Do you object to our wedding? You should wait for the preacher (dazl?) to ask if anyone objects before objecting.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 dazl said…
And I'm skipping that part in favour of a conga line with the strippers.
yeah, i think Chel will take care of anyone protesting in any case. she's got the smurf army and flanpop hand grenades, i wouldn't mess with her.
1年以上前 jfreeman said…
im sorry. i just realized this was a joke.
1年以上前 greekthegeek said…
shweet!!
we'll all come onto fanpop at the same time to enjoy this wonderful celebration in which bliss and cinders get married :D

i wonder if i should get u guys a toaster :P
1年以上前 Cinders said…
A blender will do, too.

And now I'm reminded of the American Dad episode when Roger married a Jew just so he could get a blender before the next Grey's Anatomy episode.
1年以上前 amazondebs said…
screw toasters and dishes i'm getting you a fantop lol

hey cinders why don't wear that dress n diva shawl you don't seem to take off nowadays lol
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Oh, bliss, I love yooooooooou!
1年以上前 harold said…
I missed this the first time. For my thoughts on the response to "liberal judges in California", link.

Of course, there's not much time left, since we'll be voting on it tomorrow...
1年以上前 punkymonkey said…
Ok Im Sry ...Gay Marrige Didnt Kill The Dinos
The Ice Age Did. So Why Dont You People Leave The Gays Alone.They Are Only Fighting For Their Rights So They Can Be Treated Like Everyone Else.Their Lives Are Already Hard Enough Without People Like You Starting Stuff With Them Jus Cuz You Dont Belive The Way They Do ..Your Not Them So Worry About Yourself.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Does no one here understand sarcasm?

FOR THE LAST TIME, PEOPLE, THIS ARTICLE IS A JOKE! J-O-K-E!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 adavila said…
girls you shouldn´t even joke about getting marry if you do GOD is going to be mad at you and send you straight to hell :p
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Pippi21 said…
Huh? What##@!!!? DoN'tcha make fuN of te gays!**&^%! Yall dunno nottin bout the gays! this forum is stuuuupid!!!!!%%!!
You R idiot if you h8 gays and dinosors didn't die coz of gays stupid!

1年以上前 adavila said…
yall dunno nottin?
1年以上前 Pippi21 said…
Hahaha, why does it never stop being fun?
:)
1年以上前 adavila said…
hehe
1年以上前 Addicted2TV said…
Lol.

---

Can't believe Prop 8 was accepted. :(
I feel so sorry for all those who got married in that small window of opportunity.
last edited 1年以上前