BLEACH(ブリーチ) Isshin Kurosaki - Ex-Captain of Which Squad?

sakura1444 posted on May 09, 2010 at 09:20PM
There are all sorts of theories about which squad Isshin was formerly captain/a member of. Tite Kubo has yet to reveal much of Isshin's history concerning the Soul Society.

We know:
He's a shinigami.
He lost his powers about 20 years ago.
He and Urahara seem to be friends.
He possesses captain-level strength.
Isshin and Aizen are familiar with each other.

The questions:
If he had been a high ranking officer or even captain, how come nobody in the Seiretei's heard of 'Kurosaki'?

-Main Question-
Which squad was Isshin in, or was he even in a squad?

So: What's your theory about Isshin?

There are all sorts of theories about which squad Isshin was formerly captain/a member of. Tite Kubo

BLEACH(ブリーチ) 98 返信

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 98

1年以上前 gokuluigifan333 said…
he might have been the captain for the zero squad
1年以上前 shorty35565 said…
i think he was captain of squad 10
1年以上前 NaokoMisume said…
I most likely think he was captain of squad 10.Captain Hitsuguya got the place at a young age and it never said anyone before him.
1年以上前 IlOvEbLeAcH said…
i dont remmber but i think i saw this in the manga . they talked about the way he wears white thingy, it means he was part of the royal guard which is not part of the 13 court guard squads.That might be y nobody recogonizes the last name. and u have to be a captain before u go on to the royal guard. thats why Kisuke Urahara became captain of squad 12 b/c the former captain of squad 12 b4 him went on to be part of the royal guard. Also Shinigami age really slow...so he maybe 100s of years old and had been a captain b4 many of the ones today.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 peleihno said…
isshin kuorsaki is most likely from the days of when ukitake and shunsui were young, even though him and urahara are aquianted means nothing in terms of his age. So the reason why none know his name is because he is from a time before the other captains beside shunsui ukitake unohana and yama-jii, these captains never really talk of the past and probably isshin probably did something stupid so they pretend not to know th name kurosaki. whats interesting is how much aizen knew about ichigo, and how isshin stepped in saying he spoke too much, the relationship between those two is even more intriguing. He could of been the capatain of any division, I would say 9th squad or the 7th squad
1年以上前 peleihno said…
and he might of even been a part of the royal guard for all we know
1年以上前 IloveRenji said…
cloudy
Isshin left only 20 years ago. meaning he had to something outside the 13 court guard squads leaving being parts royal guard the only options. Thinking of Aizen...him using his zanpakuto he could have erased everyones of Isshin when Ichigo was born but the didnt work on Urahara because he was in the world of the living. Aizen did say he had everything planned out. Using hypnosis on all the shinigami to forget all about Isshin Kuorsaki could have been the first step to his master plan. He wanted Ichigo to get stonger be able to use his hollow side. If they remebered the last named Ichigo might not have had to fight so many people.

What i want to know is why did Isshin leave the soul society?

Could Aizen be somehow behind that?

Urahara has to be the only person to give him a gigai.
When did he fall in love with Ichigo's mother?

Isshin did tell Ichigo when he showed up in front of Aizen he had some things to tell him.

So many Questions,so little answers.
1年以上前 peleihno said…
very true the whole aizen wiping everyone's memory is an interesting theory i have never heard before, but it could be as simple as him either being jushiro and shunsui age or he could have changed his name
1年以上前 konci-sama said…
hmmm
i heard that him and his family all lived in Soul Society until Isshin erased everybodies memories including ichigos and his sisters then the went to live in the human world and thats where Isshin meet a woman and them married her atleast thats wat i heard
1年以上前 peleihno said…
thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard where did you get that from, so masaki is not ichigo's mom
1年以上前 msbeefjerky said…
crying
whatever is your argument... i have read another theory that Isshin is not Ichigo's dad and it was really Aizen.. ohhh...
1年以上前 konci-sama said…
tongue
well no need to be so rude its just a theory peleihno
1年以上前 Xindale said…
i would say 8th squad. i think kurosaki and kuraku would be great friends.
1年以上前 lissie21 said…
it's a confusing dilemma when Ukitake first meets Ichigo he seems to recognize his last name but Byakuya brushes the reference aside saying he has nothing to do with whom he is remembering. but in the flashback to when the Vizards were in the court guard squads Ishin wasn't a Capitan. so he had to have been a Captain Between the Vizard accident till a few years before Ichigo was born. guestimating that i'd say he was captain of squad 10.
1年以上前 shadowcon99 said…
Isshin was most likely a captain moved to the royal guard and changed his name because if you watch the anime during the Vizard arc one of the captains is transfered to the royal guard and Aizen is shocked.
1年以上前 wolfmaster3000 said…
no Isshin is Ichigo's Birth father ...Isshin know's how to use the Getsugo Tensho number 2 in like the first season Ichigo explains how his mother was killed mysteriously, Also "Kuraski" if put in the squad there are so many captains to keep track of also the only imporant last name's are those of Nobilty no one reconizeing the name means nothing, Isshin in fact wasn't a captain he reavled this when he killed the hollow that killed his mom but was in fact a asstaint captain and that he had lost his powers due to useing the perfect Getsugo Tensho Also Ryukin Uryu's father also kow's Isshin extermely well let's not froget in the turn back the Peglem Arc all the captains are present except the 12th squad ( Kisuke ) and 11th sqaud captain Shunsui remarks that since he became Kenpachi he has been lazy however it's not Isshin but a Black guy who never bathed, so Isshin wasn't a captain 20 years ago nor do we have proof he's ever been to soul soceity he hints at it but never sais he was directly put there Kisuke is older than Isshin so turning back the clock 1000 years ago would put Isshin just a little younger than Ichigo. Isshin wasn't a part of soul soceity Directly nor was he a captain in the 13 court gaurds :)
1年以上前 Ionelia said…
well episode 304 shows his haori and that might be "+" for 10 or an "x"
last edited 1年以上前
 well episode 304 shows his haori and that might be "+" for 10 または an "x"
1年以上前 BLAMargera123 said…
squad 5? i guess?
1年以上前 amayastrawberri said…
big smile
i wanna kno more about him too!
1年以上前 gfastrunner said…
zzz
theres no way he could have been on the royal guard beacuse it would be impossiable to leave and betray the soul king he might have been the previous captian of squad 10 scence the only thing we know about the captian befor toshiro is that he/she had died in battle it could have been isshin who left during battle and got a gi guy form urahara but thats just a theory i truly dont know
i found out that he has to be in the royal guard because his captians cloke has a x on it
if u dont belive me go to
link then on the youtube time bar click 8:27 and you will see him turned around
and heres a picture of his captians cloke

im going to take an nap for a while later

last edited 1年以上前
 theres no way he could have been on the royal guard beacuse it would be impossiable to leave and betr
1年以上前 Yoruichi21 said…
That looks less like an x and more like the kanji for father

In the picture is different ways to draw the kanji for father.
 That looks less like an x and もっと見る like the kanji for father In the picture is different ways to dr
1年以上前 Silverain said…
hmmm
What could 'father' mean in the Soul Society? Hmmm... Curiouser and curiouser...
1年以上前 lambey said…
all of this "he guy got promoted to the royal guard" IF YOU WATCHED you'd hear kisuke telling hiyori NOBODY gets promoted to the royal guard as a captain. NOBODY is allowed to leave like that. it was implied that the EX captain was instead placed in the underground prison....thingy.......
so yeah no ideas as to where isshin was from. im sure they'll explain in the manga
1年以上前 getsuga619 said…
he couldnt be a part of squad 0 because thats the royal guard. he couldnt be in squads 1,2,11,12,or 13 myy guess is that he was rose's replacement 4 squad 3 for awhile.
1年以上前 Abaremawaru said…
When Isshin confronted the king fisher hollow, and avenged the death of his wife he explained to the hollow how the power of a shinigami worked. In that explaination he alluded to the fact that if his sword were to truly reflect how strong he was it would be the size of skyscrapers (captain class reiatsu) He wears a haori (only folks who wear haori and are not captains are squad one) Youroichi is familiar with him, as is Urahara which would venture one to think they were acquainted back in sereitei. Isshin has vast knowledge of the workings of the tunnels that lead from earth realm to soul society (indicative of someone exceptionaly experienced, i.e a captain) right down to how long Ichigo had to master final getsuga tenshou with the use of his own reiatsu (2 months, a span no average or even vice captain class shinigami could maintain). Also, notice the names of their zanpaktou, (Zangetsu, Engetsu, and Kyoka suigetsu {getsu=moon})all of them having a similar suffex which was mentioned to belong to a noble family; leads me to believe that if Isshin wasn't the captain of the 10th squad, or 0 squad(I lead more towards the 0 squad) then Isshin most definitely was apart of the royal guard. THE ONLY WAY TO ASCEND TO THE ROYAL GUARD WAS ONE HAD TO HAVE BEEN A CAPTAIN IN THE 13 SQUADS (THE 12 squad captain, a female was called up to the Royal Guard, and Urahara was called in from the 0 squad as a 3rd seat to become captain. Aizen knows a lot about him, so much in fact that Isshin has to shut him up with a getsuga tenshou from a sealed zanpaktou(the sword wasn't in shikai). In summary Isshin, is to strong, to knowledgable, and to cool to be anything less than a captain!
1年以上前 blackpanther666 said…
Abaremawaru, Urahara was 3rd Seat of 2nd Squad, not 0 Squad. What does Aizen have to do with the Royal Squad anyway? You say that Isshin and Ichigo have the same suffix Zanpakuto as Aizen, but you don't really say what they actually have to do with each other? Part of a royal family? What royal family? The Soul-King's? A royal clan? what? You don't really specify. And also, Engetsu and Zangetsu are Isshin's and Ichigo's and they are related. Kyokasuigetsu is Aizen's and he isn't related to them, or is he??? We don't really know, although it may seem unlikely, it could very well be a possibility and it would explain Aizen's relationship with Isshin and his fascination with Ichigo's Hollow form and reiatsu and the trouble he went through to wait for Ichigo's power to mature and the elaborate plan starting from Rukia giving Ichigo almost all of her power.

Has no-one considered the possibility that Isshin was a Substitute, instead of actually part of the Court Guard Squads? I don't think he was part of any squad, I think he was an exceptionally high-level Substitute, and that he has something to do with Ginjo Kugo and Tsukishima, as Tsukishima or Ginjo (I can't remember which one) was once a Substitute Shinigami. I think that is the reason why Isshin is has been seen with Kisuke a few times in a few episodes in Season 16.
1年以上前 credon said…
The 'X' on his haori is the Kanji for father and the number 14...he was the Captain of the 14th Squad...
heres a list of number Kanji link
smile
So, tell me, what squad is/was the 14?

I wasn't aware that one necessarily existed.
1年以上前 credon said…
It was probably disbaned before the manga/anime started as some kind of untold back story...I dont know...ask Tite Kubo that. Alls I know is that the X thing is the Kanji for 14 and Father...though, after I posted that comment I guess it could have meant that he was a father...could go either way I guess.
Yeah, true, I don't know on that account. I wish Kubo-san would give us a proper hint about Isshin though. XD
1年以上前 bgreene110 said…
isshin is definitly ichigos father but eizen is most likely isshins brother or even his eldest son meaning ichigos brother and as far as older posts go you dont get to see much of isshin in the soul society so as hard as there ages are to judge from appearance the fact that isshin is in a gigia most of the anime means the gigia doesnt age its a fake body so isshin could be much much uch older than we think not saying im definitly right but the eizen being ichigos brother thing is a very high possibility would explain eizens obssesion with watching ichigos progress it reminds me of itachi uchia and suaske uchia from naruto shippuden there relationships are very similar
Farhan594 commented…
What are あなた talking about? Aizen is Aizen, how can he be related to Isshin? There's no resemblance. Even in animes the artist tries to make relatives have resemblances. 1年以上前
1年以上前 bgreene110 said…
plus one other thing i just thought about when isshin and eizen meet up to fight in the anime eizen expresses either surprise or fear which makes melean even more to the fact that i think isshin is his dad kinda that look kids give there parents before getting spanked
Farhan594 commented…
*koo koo,koo koo* 1年以上前
1年以上前 silverexorcist said…
Aizen had planned to use Isshin's son ever since he was born. I think the surprise of seeing him there was more respect toward how strong he was and being taken aback after how long it had been since the two had seen it each, which was before the series began. Personally, I think that Isshin is captain of the tenth squad (in the Turn Back the Pendulum arc, it was said that the tenth squad captain had fallen in battle. Isshin had lost his shingami powers temporarily after using the Final Getsuga Tensho for some reason, so there's a small connection. Also, the tenth squad is the only squad who's captain we don't know of from 110 years prior, as well as the vice captain), but the possibility that he had something to do with the Zero Squad is there as well. All I can say for sure is that we'll find out in the new Quincy arc of Bleach. If we don't, well, I'll go into an outrage XD
1年以上前 animefanatic11 said…
kurasaki isshin might've been the captain of the eleventh squad 101 years ago because it was stated by shinji hirako that only the tenth kenpachi never attended any meeting and zaraki kenpachi was the 12 kenpachi therefore when kurasaki isshin might've dissappeared along with urahara and urahar might've talked to him before going to kurakra town 101 years ago
No, because the manga showed the Eleventh Squad Captain... He was Kenpachi Kiganjo, the one that never showed up for the meeting when Kyoraku and Shinji were discussing it. Also, the same one that Kenpachi Zaraki defeated in battle.
@Exorcist, he couldn't have been in the Zero squad, because he would never have been allowed to leave the Soul-King's dimension, if that was the case. The only way to leave, or enter, the Soul-King's dimension is to be in possession of the Ouken, or have special permission granted by the Soul-King, or a member of the royal family.

It seems more likely that Isshin was either the former Squad Ten Captain, or he was an exceptonally high-level Substitute. My theory on the Substitute one, is something to do with Ginjo, who was a former Substitute. I think Isshin and Ginjo must have conflicted for some reason and that lead to Isshin attacking Ginjo, while Squad Ten Captain. That was probably the whole reason why Isshin used the Final Getsuga Tensho in the place. At least, that's my theory.
1年以上前 GrayXLucy said…
@exorcist "Isshin had lost his shingami powers temporarily after using the Final Getsuga Tensho for some reason" you're supposed to lose your powers after firing the final getsuga tenshou/mugetsu just like ichigo did..

@blackpanther i too think of the substitute thing (now) because isshin was talking about ichigo finding out about the true purpose of the daikoshou.
1年以上前 Eldred1075 said…
if you watch the "halloween " episode of bleach you can see what squad hes from you have to freeze that frame at the right time or you will find out that he was a former captain in ther royal guard !!
@Eldred, he wasn't a part of the Royal Guard and there is no 'Captain' of the Royal Guard either... He was either a Substitute or the Captain of Squad Ten. Honestly, if he had been a part of the Royal Guard, there is no way he would have been allowed out of the Soul-King's dimension - he would have ended up in the Maggot's Nest, accompanied by Shinigami guards. Your theory is misplaced, I'm afraid.
1年以上前 ELMOGER said…
someone told me he was the soul kings son and ichigo is the heir
1年以上前 paradox54 said…
That "x" that he's wearing is the kanji for father. That episode is one of the dream episodes of Ichigo. He's the one projecting that symbol onto his clothing. We don't know which markings he actually wore in soul society.
hmmm
Paradox54. That is a good point... Everyone seems wrapped up in assuming that he was part of a 14th Squad, or that the symbol he wore in that dream episode was actually the symbol he wore... People say he's related to Aizen because both their blades 'getsu' prefix in them... There are many theories and I don't think anyone, myself included, has even come close to the truth in terms of Isshin Kurosaki. Frankly, I think it is never going to be known, at least, unless Kubo-san releases the information to us.
1年以上前 KEISUKE_URAHARA said…
Isshin kurosaki was former captain of squad 10...whole showing the past when sasuke aizen was still a leutenent they didnt show former kenpachi later was killed by zaraki, squad 5 captain herio kifune was promoted and unohana added that squad 10 captain fall in battle.... she dint confirmed he diied or not.......and isshin lost his soul reapers powers for about 20 years..... by the time he fell in love with maasaki.i guess by loosing his power he couldnt return to soul society..............and i strongly doubt that masaki was a quincy..... because she was also able to see hollows..... due to this must be a violation in soul society so he stayed in human world with her.... and the cache is firstly ichigo was a human and become soul reaper, then how, then 2nd form of hollow,hell gate keepers power,mod soul to regain soul reaper power,a vizord,a full bringer and they r telling that now he has the power of a quincy.....that power must be from masaki.........this might be a history........through my analysis............how is it.........did it lighted ur mind..hmmmmmmmmm ...........this might be correct about 80% accuracy.............
 Isshin kurosaki was former captain of squad 10...whole 表示中 the past when sasuke aizen was still a
Farhan594 commented…
he didn't ロスト his power dude. He's just too lazy to do shit about the hollows in karakura 1年以上前
1年以上前 unohana said…
lots of people are starting to point that masaki is a quincy due to that that ichigo have some quincy in him as pointed by the enemy. Now as for isshin he may have been in squad 10 since not much is known of that squad. A lot of the captains were captains back than or are still captains til this day
squad 1 =same captain
squad 2=yoruichi and soi fon captains but he could have been captain of this squad as well since soi fon didnt become a captain right away when yourichi left
squad 3=gin and rose when rosee was ban gin didnt become captain because he was aizen's vice captain for a long time so isshin could been captain of this squad
1年以上前 unohana said…
squad 4=same captain
squad 5=shinji and aizen and aizen took over when shinji was ban
squad 6=byakuya and his grandpa not much is known about this squad so i cant say when was it when byakuya got the title
squad 7=sajin and love same as squad 6 i dont know if sajin got the title right away or someone had it before him
squad 8=same captain
squad 9=kensei and tousen im pretty sure he got the title right away
squad 10=not much is known of this squad but the former captain died in battle
squad 11=kenpachi and another kenpachi who the kenpachi(the one we alll know) killed
squad 12=kisuke and mayuri i think that mayuri got the title pretty quick too
squad 13=same captain
Farhan594 commented…
squad ten is kurosaki senior's spot 1年以上前
U said former squad 10 captain died......u know how....................
Well actually unohana said he fall in battle...but never mentioned he was dead........that remained a total mystery.............and Isshin is a prodigy of mystery.................
well i will say again.............he was the former 10th captain before hitsugaya........keisuke did mention he lost his powers for a long time.what about he lost his power by falling in battle........due to his powerlesness he couldnt return to soul society......and while staying in human world he met masaki.....
It might be revealing in this ongoing arc...will see
its just like a gigzo puzzle............Isshin being former captain.......................only making the incomplete bleach mystery puzzle more accurate.......................
1年以上前 unohana said…
he lost his power due to him trying to use the same move that ichigo used in the battle with aizen but with his zanpacto "engestu"
as per my calculation isshin is powerfull as ichigo................i matter how he lost his power is a complete mystery..........i will be revealed as for now all things in manga are going accordingly..........the 1st gingzo puzzle is ichigo showing some quincy technique while fighting juhabacche..........and before he was taking his leave he was going to explain it to ichigo how he got that power.........but he didnt.................maybe..............t­he soul king will....i guess.....after all he knows everything...............
after visiting all squad 0's barracks he will b heading to soul king from him he will know all his secrets just like the past arc of keisuke.this time it will be isshin and masaki...............that make him a perfect hybrid........a(soul reaper,hollow,arrancar,vizord,hell gate keeper,full bringer...........& now a quincy)...........its all coming according to my plan.............im more thrilled that i can seee so many mysterious and deadly bankais(kenpachi,unohana,shunsui,keisuke,u­kit­ake­...­...­..&­amp­; isshin kurosaki)
will see
...........heh heh heh.................
 as per my calculation isshin is powerfull as ichigo................i matter how he ロスト his power is
1年以上前 unohana said…
in this links it could explain more about isshin and about his shinigami powers
link
2nd link
link