Battlestar Galactica series Finale chat (including Daybreak Part.1)

OceanCoast posted on Mar 14, 2009 at 03:00AM
This is the topic to discuss the last 2 episodes of the entire series.

What did everyone think of Part 1?

Battlestar Galactica 5 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 dilly53 said…
I thought it was a good. However I have to admit I was a little disappointed that they were spending precious finale time on flashbacks. The Anders flashback was ok, because it sort of showed him being out of place and kinda weird in the human world. But the rest of the flashbacks were a bit pointless I felt - at least at this point in the show. The last 15 minutes was exciting though, with Adamas speech and the rallying of the troops and whatnot. I hope the next one is way better though, but I know there is more flashbacks coming.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 teddibear said…
smile
Hey, guys! I'm so glad this plays has forums. This is my first time posting. I was a little surprised at the flashbacks. I thought it was a little odd that they did this during the last few precious hours of the show, but you know what? For the last five years I have suspended my aprehensions, and let Ron, Dave, and this cast and writers take me for a ride.. and it's been one hell of a trip. I've never had this much fun watching a show, and getting wrapped up in a fictional world before. Today is the final curtain (other than The Plan and Caprica). I know it's gonna be one hell of a blow-out sendoff. I work until 10 O'clock, so I'll be staying up late to watch it!
1年以上前 OceanCoast said…
Wow....That finale was AMAZING! I don't think i've ever been more satisfied with a finale ever.
There was amazing character closure aswell as answers to questions that we've been asking all along. The twist at the end was spectacular, (who would have thought Earth wasn't our "Earth") To think that we all came from them, aswell as our inherited Religion stems from their beliefs is something that I never saw coming.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was sobbing like a baby for the last half hour, especially when Adama was flying Roslin away and she died.
1年以上前 dilly53 said…
That finale was absolutely badass! The first hour was the most exciting tv I've ever watched in my life. The Chief choke scene was the greatest thing ever. I thought a lot more characters were going to die but to be honest I was pleased that most of them didn't.

The last hour was just as good as the first I thought, jam packed with emotional goodbyes and the like. I got chills when Starbuck vanished, that surprised me. The rest I kinda saw coming, but still....GREAT.

The only disappointment I had was that there was no goodbye scene between Adama and Tigh, but with 20 minutes of extra footage on the DVD release...maybe it will be there.

Great ending to the greatest show, So say we all!
1年以上前 dark_requiem said…
I was finally able to see the ending 3 episodes last night (my buddies and I, who started watching from the beginning finally matched schedules to see them).

What a great final episode. While I had been getting tired of the whining about Galactica's falling apart and the Cylon goop being put into it, it was worth the wait.

Tory getting hers, Cavell getting his, etc. That final shoot-out in the CIC was crazy. The song leading them to earth was great, too. I was surprised to see Karl alive at the end, but happy. Closure for everyone - finally a show that ends the story because they had enough notice to finish it.

The only things I didn't like: Racetrack's death - mitigated only by her accidental launching of nukes at the colony ship. Starbuck's vanishing - What was that? Sam's interview in the tub - no one gets interviewed in the tub!