書く ファンポップ Write Off!

Cinders posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 08:26AM
The link last year was way beyond successful. Unfortunately, the Human Rights themed link over at the link was not as successful. With only six entries, and fewer votes, I didn't even publish the winner.

Regardless, I decided to try something new, something exciting. Is it a contest? In a way, yes, but it's more like a battle royale (which sounds so much cooler, doesn't it?)

The Write Off will have rounds, one every week (or every two weeks, depending on how things go). The Write Off takes its cue from Ye Olde Fanpop Writers' Group of 2008 in that it will involve responding creatively to a prompt.

After writers have submitted their contributed their works, a pick will be made asking the Fanpop community to vote for their favorites. When the pick closes, the bottom five won't continue to the next round (that's the sad part!) That doesn't mean those five can't contribute to the next prompt, because they can. But their entry won't be eligible to vote. We continue that way, until a winner is chosen.

There is the potential of voting on a wild card that comes later, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Other options include NO elimination at all, and do it simply on a points system. IE, first place gets 10 points, second gets 9 points, third gets 8 points, and so on and so forth, tallying it up each round to see who gets the most points. Come to think of it, this might work better, as it will be less likely to exclude people and make people feel like they "lost", especially early on.

Anyways, these are just the ramblings of a scatterbrain right now. What do you guys think?

Also, what do you think for names? Fanpop Writers Face-Off, Fanpop Write Off, Fanpop Writers Battle Royale? I'm open to all suggestions.
last edited on Feb 09, 2010 at 08:27AM

書く 13 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 Free_Spirit said…
Oh cool i'd bee in. Hmm What about the writers battle, or face off of the writers.
1年以上前 magsf99 said…
smile
Sounds cool, I think Fanpop Write Off - others are a tad wordy.
Can I ask what we actually write - poetry, stories...etc.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
You respond any way you like to the prompt. So if the prompt is cheese, you could write a short story about a mouse in love with a piece of cheese, or a poem about gouda, or a screenplay about a really CHEESEy superhero. Anything you like.
1年以上前 magsf99 said…
smile
O cool, cant wait for it to start!!
1年以上前 1-2vampire said…
mischievous
I cant wait! So right i got it now... :L
1年以上前 -HuddyLove- said…
big smile
Sounds like fun! When do you plan on posting the prompt?
1年以上前 18wanda said…
big smile
I'm a good poet. Where do you posdt your entries, and when does it start?
1年以上前 Cinders said…
It's still in the ideas phase right now. I'll write an article when it's more concrete.
1年以上前 iluvPrinceMJ213 said…
big smile
Fanpop Writeoff
1年以上前 penguinsfan2 said…
big smile
cant wait:D
1年以上前 woowie said…
I'm in!
Super Fanpop Write-off!
1年以上前 booklover13 said…
smile
Cool id try and do it
1年以上前 harold said…
This would be one more reason to come to Fanpop regularly, so I'm all for it. But you gotta change the name: "Fanpop Write-off" could just as easily mean "Writing Off Fanpop", which I don't think any of us want to do.