書く Tips, please

huddysmacked posted on Mar 16, 2009 at 10:54PM
So hi! I'm really young (14) but I love writing I have a story in mind well I've already written down 5 chapter of it (they're pretty long and I repeated once since chap 1). I'm really serious about this, I want it to be a book when I finish it. In my mind it's already finish, all the details and everything The only problem is that I have NO writing habit and I know I need to write everyday but sometimes I just don't feel like writing so what have you done to built writing habits????

書く 3 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 r-pattz said…
link

just write every day and you also improve that way. im currently in a writers block though:(
1年以上前 liissaaxx said…
big smile
I may not be the best writer. But I love writing, it's my favorite thing to do. What I do is even when I'm not really in the mood for writing I write anyway and hope I'm improving. So the only thing you can really do, In my opinion, is to write your story but as your writing the draft don't try to make it perfect. Just write even if once you look back on it words are missing or words are misspelled, it does no one any good to try to make your draft perfect.
Hope I helped a little bit!
1年以上前 harold said…
There's at least three very different ways to write a novel: free-form, rough outline, and progressive outlining.

Free-form: This is what most people attempt when first trying to write a novel. Basically, it's sitting down at the keyboard or pad of paper and just starting to write. You may have some character details fleshed out, but no concrete plans for a story arc. These generally result in character-driven novels in which little happens. They're also (in my opinion) the most difficult to actually complete. To complete a free-form novel, you have to be very open to your muses and have developed a dedicated habit to write every day. Then, after you feel that you've finished (because often a free-form written novel won't have a clear-cut ending), there's a lot of editing to do to make it readable.

Rough outlining: My impression is that this is what most novelists do. Rough outlining involves writing the rough story arc of the book and character arcs for the major characters before you ever start actually writing the book. How do you want the action to proceed? What are the major beats of the plot? What journey do you want the characters to take, and what should they have realized by the story's end that they didn't know at the beginning?

Having such questions answered, the writer can then write a rough outline of the story from the story and character arcs. For instance, the story starts in Kansas, then there's a storm which takes the protagonist to another land. There she takes credit for defeating a villain (albeit accidentally), which earns her the enmity of the villain's sister. While avoiding the sister, our hero has to travel through many dangers (including dealing with an impostor and confronting the villain's sister) to reach the city where a queen lives who can help her back home. With an outline like that, one could set out to write The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, or something very much like it. Writing a novel is made easier by this sort of planning, at least that's the theory: knowing where you're going with the story - having written it down - really helps one get there when actually doing the writing.

Progressive outlining: For some writers, coming up with a rough outline is easy, but they then get stuck in translating that outline to 200+ pages of prose. Some of them then choose to do progressive outlining, which is to say that once they've written a rough outline, they then start over and write a slightly more detailed outline of the entire book. Having done that, they go through and write an even more detailed outline with broad summaries of each chapter/section of the book. Having done that, they go through and write outlines of each chapter/section...and so on. Basically, you keep re-writing the outline of the book, adding a level of detail on each pass, until you get to the point where you have progressed to a detailed outline of the plot and dialogue for each of the chapters, at which point filling in the gaps is more elementary. This is effective - for some authors, this calculated approach is the surest way to complete a novel - but at the same time this is the most artificial way of writing a novel, in that there's very little organic development to the plot. Making passes through the story again and again make it more difficult for the writer to agree to make changes to the plot. It's much easier to stick to the outline, even if it is flawed, than to be flexible when flexibility means rewriting and repeating the last five outlines. That said, I'm a big advocate of progressive outlining when the other two methods of writing a novel are not working for a given writer.