posted by mandapanda
My 全体, 全体的です thought on the trailer? I loved it!
The cinematography, again, is beautiful. もっと見る so than New Moon! However, I have to point this out: Like the other movies, there is a certain color tone to this movie.
If あなた have seen the director, David Slade's, other works such as '30 Days of Night', it has a grayish tint. From the first trailer and the 最近 trailer, it looks like there will be a grayish-blue tint in Eclipse. Do あなた like または hate the tint?
Again, the landscapes are beautiful! And the taglines, I will talk about them later on :)
I can't really say anything without repeating myself from my earlier review, so let's 移動する onto the review of the scenes!
Positives first! and I'll try and go in order haha
- (0:08-0:10) Again, clean and neat logo. Then fades into the landscaping. もっと見る of the クーラー tones with a hint of warm in the 上, ページのトップへ left corner. I 愛 that. So pretty!
- (0:21-0:23) The Seattle nightlight overview is different and darker than the other movies. It gives もっと見る of a realistic touch to the trailer and I 愛 that! In New Moon, we saw Italy. But, it was so extravagant, a completely different culture, that it seemed almost mythical. However, the shot with Seattle, it's the city. It's not secluded, it's in a populated area and it gives an earthly feel, completely opposite of the two 前 movies. Also, Edward's voice-over is great here too.
- (0:24-0:27) I like that they showed Riley being attacked. It shows that it's not all about sexy, hot guys. It adds a touch of danger to the movie. And, I like how it isn't revealed who is attacking him. Although, if you've read the books, which most of あなた have, あなた know who it is! haha I also like Riley's crying out in pain. Again, it's pointing out the danger.
- (0:46-0:48) The 狼男 look great! Improved alot since New Moon.
- (0:54-0:58) Riley and the newborns emerging form the water... I'm not going to lie. When I first saw set pictures of this, I was afraid it would look cheesy. It had the potential to be either cheesy または chilling. And I thought it was rather chilling! haha But for the movie, we can't know for sure, depending on the score. Sometimes if the 音楽 is terrible, then the intention of the scene dies. Example: the Jasper snapping at Bella scene in New Moon. The 音楽 was awful there and it took away the intensity and horror of the scene in my opinion.
- (1:05-1:09) Both newborns and the Cullens running toward each other... talk about EPIC! I loved that they put that in and panned to Jasper's face. I don't know whether they were intentionally trying to 表示する Jasper in the lead, but I'm glad he is. He takes the reigns and shows everyone how to fight the newborns and I liked that they panned to his face before cutting to another tagline.
- (1:11) I absolutely 愛 that we get to see Alice. Ashley Greene talked about how the Cullen's traits and mannerisms were shown in their fighting and their style, and her movement there in that 秒 was very elegant and graceful. I was very pleased with that snippet.
- (1:14) One of my お気に入り parts of the trailer... Edward giving Bella the ring. That thing is massive though!
- (1:17-1:18) Victoria is being chased によって Jasper. I just think it looks hardcore! I thought it had to be touched on a little in this review!
- (1:20-1:24) I think my お気に入り part of this trailer. Victoria is closing in on them. Edward guarding Bella. Then him pushing down the tree. Hardcore stuff! However, I don't remember there being that much snow in the book. I'll have to re-read but if memory serves, I don't think there was that much snow described. But as long as the scene is good, it won't matter to me. And if あなた look closely, when Edward is pushing the tree, his シャツ has snow on it. I'm thinking the battle between him, Victoria and Riley had already ensued :) And another thing... look closely at 1:27-1:28... あなた can see 狼, オオカミ Seth tearing up Riley!
- (0:11-0:20) I don't hate this part, but I thought as an introduction, it wasn't the best. It could have been better I think. However, they showed the atmosphere of all three characters here: tense. There's no light moments when the three are together. 火災, 火 and Ice aren't compatable.
- (0:31) I'm sorry, but Carlisle's line, "Someone's creating an army", sounds British. I don't know if it's intentional または accidental, but Carlisle is not supposed to have an accent. lol
- (1:29-1:32) I wouldn't consider this a 100% negative, but もっと見る of an observation. I 愛 the concept of it. However, it does look like CGI. I hope it looks better in the movie. I mean, it still looks great, but it could be improved on. :)
I know I don't have some scenes included here, but I was indifferent about those and didn't really have anything to say about them.
The taglines, I thought were mild. It didn't tell of the storyline, but もっと見る of what is awaiting. Like "The motion picture phenomenon"..."The world is waiting for". There's going to be alot packed in this movie, that's for sure.
This trailer was filled with action. The first trailer, we got the 愛 triangle. This one, it was もっと見る action-centered. I 愛 all movies: Romance, action, comedy, etc. And action is a huge part of this movie. However, alot of people were diappointed that there wasn't any romance in this trailer. I, too, wanted もっと見る romance. *cough*Edward-and-Bella-in-bed*cough*....
But, I understand that Summit is trying to broaden the audience and try to appeal to もっと見る people other than Twilight fans. However, I don't think they could broaden the audience more! The fanbase is already huge. The box office always milks in money. The Twilight Series is Summit's cashcow. They're going to get money no matter what. However, Summit is always trying to ミルク it dry.
So this is my review! I was very much pleased with this trailer. As for the length, I thought it should have been longer since it was announced the final and theatrical trailer. However, some sites are introducing it as a "teaser 2"... So, guess we'll have to wait and see!
コメント are encouraged! If あなた agree, comment! If あなた disagree, comment! 愛 hearing input :)