The Borgias Incest!

cearyn posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 09:04PM
Ok so what are peoples thoughts on the whole Cesare/Lucrezia incest thing - yay or nay?

The Borgias 9 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 esifi said…
I know it's weird and wrong but YAY
Also I know most historical refrences prove it didnt happen

I would like to see the introces of that type of relationship
1年以上前 cearyn said…
LOL I think the same, Cesare and Lucrezia have such chemistry I want it to happen, plus showtime has to milk it for all its worth even it is wasn't true!
1年以上前 OceanCoast said…
I'm a nay-sayer when it comes to incest. I'm not sure why exactly it bothers me but it does. Maybe because I rarely ship characters, so seeing two of them in a an unnatural relationship that wouldn't happen (usually) outside of fanfics, is inherently wrong.

When he was laying on top of her in the courtyard I couldn't help imagine a neon glowing lights above them blinking "WRONG"
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 cearyn said…
Don't get me wrong I'm not Pro incest in real life O.O lol, I think it might be because I am a fanfic addict and do ship a lot of characters, and most likely because showtime is bigging it up a bit but Cesare and Lucrezia's love for each other - siblings or not - seems really sweet to me! I didn't really see anything totally wrong with the courtyard scene so much so that I thought 'WRONG' but if it develops who knows...
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 OceanCoast said…
Oh I know, I had a friend in real life who shipped Wincest (Sam & Dean Winchester) so I understand its a fandom-only thing LOL. I myself, have just never been into it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hold against this show either. I'm loving all the morally twisted (or in some cases absent) storylines, and this makes for some pretty juicy material that while I'm not a fan of incestuous relationships on tv, I'm intrigued to see where this one goes.

Whether in real life they had this relationship or not, historically for that time, it was not at all uncommon. Heck British royalty was completely inbred for several generations, so much so that they ended up passing down distinct physical mutations to their children, just so they could preserve the royal blood line. So it perfectly fitting for a show like this to explore the possibility.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 viva_espana97 said…
I personally don't really see that much in it; it seems pretty platonic to me...but its just kind of interesting to explore. In real life of course I wouldn't approve but I am huge on it in Fandom lol

speaking of which, someone needs to start writing Borgias fanfiction!!! lol
1年以上前 GarlicWreath said…
Ah, but what happened to oh-so-fashionable-give-me-political-points Love is love tag? Wrong and gross is in the eye of the beholder. I think gore, excessive swearing, scatology etc are filth, filth, filth but funny or entertaining to many people! Sister/brother incest, if treated as romantic, forbidden, consensual and, yes, pure love, does not disgust me, I find it dramatic plot point. And no, consensual adults should NOT be punished for sex, or let´s punish people for homosexuality because it grosses many people! Incest must be terrible for family relationships - if your father is your uncle, etc - but not business of CRIMINAL court. Thankfully sex between consenting adults is ALWAYS legal in Finland, France and some other countries.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 maryann_philip said…
My hope is they show the history of how the rumors started. If they do, you will see that the source is someone you have learned to hate, who had a real case of sour grapes (with a sexual angle) around the Borgias. There is no evidence of incest except for this ugly rumor started by this very angry individual. So I will be disappointed if they accept the rumors as fact, because there isn't really any reason to do so.
1年以上前 maryann_philip said…
My hope is they show the history of how the rumors started. If they do, you will see that the source is someone you have learned to hate, who had a real case of sour grapes (with a sexual angle) around the Borgias. There is no evidence of incest except for this ugly rumor started by this very angry individual. So I will be disappointed if they accept the rumors as fact, because there isn't really any reason to do so.