Stormclan Lichenpaw's Tragedy

Edwin3 posted on Jul 22, 2010 at 02:53AM
Swiftbreeze padded quietly outside the camp, intent on a hunt and hoping to run into Lichenpaw. She hadn't seen her daughter all day, not since Shrewclaw had spoken to Sandpaw and her earlier. They had all three left camp together, but only Sandpaw and Shrewclaw had returned.

"She says she's fine and wants to hunt," Shrewclaw had said. But Swiftbreeze was having trouble believing that. Her daughter hadn't been herself lately, and she was worried. More worried than ever. Sandpaw seemed genuinely lifted from the father-daughter chit-chat and had been in a good mood for days, but Lichenpaw had seemed more sullen and had, afterward, simply vanished.

Stormstar was less than pleased. She had ranted and raved for a day, then afterward had muttered about how Lichenpaw would never get her name. But Swiftbreeze was convinced that something else was going on. Mother intuition, she guessed.

Intuition or not, she had to know for sure.

Walking out of the camp, she smelled something interesting. Lichenpaw. And blood.

Panic overwhelmed her instantly and she wondered in that moment why no one had smelled that before. Fernsniffer had gone out looking for her a short while ago, but said there was nothing there.

Running full speed, she came to the gorge and stared in shock. There, lying on the ground, was Lichenpaw.

Lichenpaw was dead.

They could hear her wail back at camp. Everyone could. There was no denying the instant that Daisyflower heard it that Swiftbreeze had found Lichenpaw. She knew the moment it reached her sensitive ears that something had gone wrong.

Everyone seemed to freeze. So did time.

"What was that?" asked Sandpaw, who had been pacing worriedly. Shrewclaw rose to his feet, no doubt in panic for his mate and lost kit.

"I don't know," Stormstar said thoughtfully. "But I don't like it. Tanglescar, take a patrol out NOW and find Swiftbreeze."

The third in command wasted no time. "Fireheart, Duskbreak and Pricklespots, Shrewclaw, and Lionpaw, come with me away!"

And off the cats went.

Swiftbreeze circled her kit despairingly. "Lichenpaw!" She screeched. "Come back! Come back!" Grief was something that couldn't be reached. Nothing could. She was numb of everything but panic. Make this work! Make this work! She remembered her mentor screaming it at her one day in training. You're gonna get dirty sometimes, but you have to make it work!

So that's what she'd do. Throwing herself on the ground, she scrambled to get to her kit's lifeline. Whatever that was.

She wasn't aware of anything. She didn't realize the warriors were behind her until she felt Shrewclaw brush her fur. "Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze." He repeated and repeated it until he saw Lichenpaw.

Daisyflower remembered once when she was little, just a newborn, and Spruceleaf was out hunting to stretch her legs. She had paniced and kicked out at everything.

"It's okay, Daisykit," Bluefire had said. "Spruceleaf's just out for some air."

But when Spruceleaf returned, noticing her kit's panic, time had slowed down. Not really, but for Daisykit it had. She could remember looking up, opening her eyes for the first time and seeing her mother's shape in the entranceway, rushing toward her in slow motion before leaning down and licking her head.

"It's okay," she had said sweetly. "Mommy's back." But it had all been slowed down to near standstill. Now, even blind, Daisyflower could still see the look on Spruceleaf's face as a crying Daisykit had curled up to sleep with her. It was the one memory she kept closest and told no one.

That was how it felt when Lichenpaw was carried into camp. Body stiff as a board, but relaxing as rigor left. The stench of decaying rot filled the camp and the elder's den.

Everything was slow as Swiftbreeze came running in, screaming loudly for her dead daughter.

"Lichenpaw!" But it was deep and slow. Daisyflower put her head to her chest, remember the task Lichenpaw had set to do when Daisyflower had heard her last. "Let me clean that for you, Daisyflower. You'll get greencough and I don't want that." Surely with a cheery smile to go with it.

Sighing deeply, Daisyflower listened for Lichenpaw's voice, but heard nothing.

written by Edwin3 and Cara Lea. property of LeamanFamily.inc any and all use of this material without handwritten permission will be reported

Stormclan 261 返信

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 261

1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
umm.....a cat keep finding mein my dreams...........i try to run.......but he finds me.......when i fight him he disappears...
1年以上前 Pennypatch321 said…
hmmm
Oh.. that's weird.. I had a nightmare too.. Some cat tried to kill me in mine.. When I turned to see who it was, they slashed my face, so I could only see my own blood.. Then I woke up. I wonder if our dreams are about the same cat?
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
but i now who my cat is and u dont....he was dark brown black tabby tom with blood red/amber eyes...hes name was ozone
hmmm
Ozone? Who is that?
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
stormstar's evil father......
Oh. Why would you be having dreams of him?
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
how do you know all of this Lionpaw? *walks in as the apprentice explain*
-Tanglescar-
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
he told me tht he was stormstars father
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
*stares unblinkingly* Stormstar rejected him as a father. She wanted nothing to do with him. ~Daisyflower~
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
well he is! evan if she doesnt want to be! and now hes in my dream taunting me and walking in my dreams like my shadow
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
even i didnt no that and why would he visit you? *ears twicth*
-Tanglescar-
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
*stares blindly* He wants the strongest warrior. That's what he's after. Lionpaw may only be an apprentice now, but he's GOING to be the strongest warrior, AND the only thing standing between Ozone and his daughter. If Ozone can eliminate that problem now it won't BE a problem in the future. ~Daisyflower~
last edited 1年以上前
surprise
What? Are you saying that Ozone wants to KILL Stormstar??
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
angry
but....wht! SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT THIS GUYS GOING TO KILL ME IN MY DREAMS! HOW IS THT EVAN POSSIBLE? AND WHY WOULD GETTING RID OF ME DO ANYTHING?!?!?!?
hmmm
Good question... There are many other warriors/apprentices here...
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
wht do u mean?
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
*looks at them* so your telling me that he thinks Lionpaw will be the strongest warrior in the clan?
-Tanglescar-
blush
Well, if he killed the strongest cat in the Clan, then well, there would still be several cats here to fight him off. I don't want him to kill you... or anybody else..
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 arcaninegal123 said…
0.o
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
well im not to trilled bout dieing either.............
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
but if he was to get to Stormstar wouldnt he attack some one close to her? that would be alot more effective then killing an apprentice?
-Tanglescar-
surprise
true... Maybe he's going to use you to get to Stormstar...
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
He's from the future. He came back because, in the future, Lionpaw is the strongest warrior in the Clan, much to Ozone's dislike. All the other warriors are not strong enough to defeat him, only Lionpaw, whoever he is then, is strong enough to take him down. In order to get to his daughter, he needs to eliminate Lionpaw as an issue. Whether that means he's here to kill Lionpaw, to scare Lionpaw into not being strong enough, to ensure that Lionpaw ISN'T strong enough, or to get Lionpaw on his side is in the question but there is no doubt that he's here from the future for Lionpaw. ~Daisyflower~
meh
*looks at Daisyflower* How do you know all of this?
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
surprise
*blinks blindly* Know what? ~Daisyflower~
hmmm
*tilts head* All that stuff about Ozone.
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
bout how hes using me to get to stormstar...........
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
*sits and stares straight ahead blindly* I can see him too. ~Daisyflower~
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
but hes just in my dreams can u see in my dreamss?
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
meh
*shakes head* I have had a vision. A prophecy. In my vision, there is a big, bulky golden tabby standing in defense of the remains of his Clan and his leader. Though he is bulky and I see this, I notice the look in his blazing eyes. He will not give up, so strong willed, even if he dies. The only solution is another image, one of Lionpaw standing to learn battle moves. Ozone is trying to get to Lionpaw to get to Stormstar! ~Daisyflower~
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
....well then Lionpaw good luck... *walks towards Stormstars den*
-Tanglescar-
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
*wakes up from his sleep and there is a large gash in his hind leg*
1年以上前 SoyalaLeisu said…
sad
*licks at wound to try and clean it* Pinegrowth! *worried look* ~Daisyflower~
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
tht wasnt there when i went to sleep.....*looks at it supechiouslly*
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
*runs over to den* what happened! *looks at Lionpaw* how did that happen Lionpaw?
-Tanglescar-
surprise
What's going on?! Why is Ozone doing this?!
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
umm idk tanglescar i feel asleep all find and dandy then woke up with a large gash in my hing leg
smile
Lionpaw, whatever you do, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! Just do what feels right. *pauses* Idea! *turns and whispers to Lionpaw*
~Sandpaw
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
would you like to share that idea with me Sandpaw?*still looking at Lionpaws wound*
-Tanglescar-
1年以上前 Moonstorm100 said…
hmmm
*bows head* Lichenpaw will be missed *turns to Tanglescar* could someone fill me n on the 8 pages of comments that m not goin back to read like i usually do cause theres WAY TO MANY PAGES! lolz!All I know is that Lichenpaw is dead and somthin about Ozone and Lionpaw? ~Stormstar
big smile
Well Lionpaw had a dream about Ozone, and he keeps having these weird dreams. The last one, he woke up with a gash in his leg. (just now, and all throughout.)

Swiftbreeze and Shrewclaw are fighting. (Early pages)

Sandpaw almost killed herself because of Lichenpaw dead, and her parents who I'm pretty sure split up. But the good news is that she didn't because she kept thinking of Lionpaw. (Page 4)

Lichenpaw's dead body got possessed by something that only Daisyflower could see. (end of page 2, beginning of page 3)

And Sandpaw had a mysterious dream that a strange cat was trying to kill her.. (page 6)

I put the page numbers/where you might find the events if you wanted to read a little about them. Those are some important events that I could think of, if anyone can think of any others, feel free to tell..
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
lol ok umm Shrewclaw blamed Fernsniffer for killinh her and Swiftbreeze blamed Dogtail and they got into a fight me and pricklespots trys to settle it doen and Shrewclaw and Swiftbreeze are no longer mates Sandpaw rund away thinking to kill her self me and lionpaw go and find her and bring her back and i wad going tp punish her but i thought she was going through enougj a
ready and let her off whoa thats alot... and I think Sweetpetal is retireing from deputy
-Tanglescar-
laugh
OH! And I believe that Pricklespots wants to become "Detective Pricklespots" to find out who killed Lichenpaw... lolz She asked for your permission earlier, like on page 2, if she could question the "suspects". Yeah, I think that it is Moonshine's whole life dream to become a detective. lolz
1年以上前 tanglebelly said…
lol so daiseyflower hasnt told you yet?
1年以上前 Moonstorm100 said…
big smile
yea she can b a detective just make sure she has Duskbreak with her n thnxs for tellin me the pages Penny! N also thnxs for informen me Tangle!
big smile
Your welcome! And... Well, Moonshine's grounded til Monday, but she may or may not sneak on again tonight... I'm not sure, but I'll send her a message.
1年以上前 Windstar said…
hmmm
Moonshine?
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
sad
i feel so gulity if had kept control i wouldnt hav this gash
1年以上前 Cinderstar said…
*rushes over to lionpaw* lionpaw r u hurt? is it getting infected? U should get tht to pinegrowth..........
1年以上前 Blacksun2 said…
no im not hurt. im not sure if its infected and pinegrowth on her way