Speak Do あなた relate to Melinda in any way?

Mommy2Kalila posted on Aug 12, 2010 at 05:49AM
If so, how?

Speak 5 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 desgrace said…
yeah. i do. i was almost raped last year and i havent told anyone. i ran away before the man could do me any harm. but it was so scary. me actually being in the situation. i remember that day every moment and it makes me scared still.
1年以上前 Starwarschick18 said…
heart
Oh desgrace I am so sorry :( You are very brave and I congratulate you for getting away. Well I was never hurt the way Melinda was but I was bullied in school most of my life cuz people literally didn't like the way my voice sounded, also I LOVE reading and most of the friends that I had didn't
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Mommy2Kalila said…
I asked this question because Melinda could be me. I first read SPEAK when I was a teen and going through a lot myself. When I picked up the book, I was blown away with what I read. I literally could have been reading about myself!! I had been raped by one of the most popular guys at my school. I reported him, but nothing happened, after that EVERYONE turned on me. The whole school, the whole town HATED me. Melinda thinks and does a lot of the same things as I did at that time, even down to the detail of biting her lips until they bled and confiding in her art teacher! My art teacher was my rock. He was amazing. Anyway, I feel sorry for anyone that can relate to SPEAK in anyway! But it is a great book!
1年以上前 Shygurl28 said…
sad
I was never raped but iv"e been through bad things in the past that i've never spoken about . I'm like Melinda in some ways i'm really quiet and i like to draw. Another way i can relate to her is how in the book her freinds ignore her that"s how somemy old freinds are like towards me.
1年以上前 Phangirl7 said…
I've never been raped or sexually assulted, but I did have someone accused of it and that was almost as bad. (Especially because the person they were accusing would never do something like that.)