Scrubs~恋のお騒がせ病棟 Revealing Interview With Bill Lawrence

wtb2612 posted on May 15, 2008 at 02:33AM
link

Some crazy stuff in here.

Here's an excerpt:

"What led to the break-up with NBC?
Lawrence: When the strike ended, we told NBC that, even though we had another seven episodes mapped out, we could do it in three, and they just didn't have any interest. Total harsh buzz of not giving a s--t about a show that had been on the network for seven years and made them millions of dollars. And I'd be more bitter, except that it worked out good for us.

They didn't want to do any kind of wrap-up?
Lawrence: Not only did they not want to do any kind of wrap-up, but they took an episode that was supposed to air in the middle of the season — the fairytale episode — and marketed it as a series finale. Which was bulls--t. It was never supposed to be a series finale, much less a season finale, and I think it ended up getting judged kind of harshly because of it. If it was just a regular episode that people had tuned into I think they would've thought it was cool and funny.

I was under the impression NBC was willing to give you one episode to finish things off. No?
Lawrence: Well, here's the thing. When the strike ended, NBC said, "You can shoot an hour-long finale, but we'll only pay for half of it." They wanted [ABC Studios] to suck up all the expenses, and ABC said that was unacceptable. And it felt especially harsh because Scrubs was pulling in better [ratings] than 30 Rock and My Name is Earl — even though I love those two shows — and they were encouraged to do as many f--king episodes as they can after the strike. And after seven years, I ask for three episodes to wrap up the series and they say, "Tough s--t." "

Scrubs~恋のお騒がせ病棟 4 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 alicelattey said…
HAHA GO BILL LAWRENCE!!!

God that man's awesome!
1年以上前 alicelattey said…
I just read the whole thing and Season 8 sounds like it's going to be amazing!!!

He really took on board all the criticism Scrubs has been getting!! It sounds like it's going to be awesome!
1年以上前 rockandroll89 said…
i love bill
1年以上前 tushtush said…
Bill is God.