Project 滑走路 You've Got To be Kidding Me!!! (spoilers)

ugagurl777 posted on Mar 06, 2008 at 04:19AM
I am beyond iritated, baffled, and disapointed in the judges decision of Christian as the winner of Cycle 4. Yes, his clothing was creative and somewhat well made. But I felt like I was seeing the same thing over and over and over again that I have seen throuhtout the entire competion! The ruffles, the weird pleating on jackets, the oversized everything. And they kept on saying that he puts on a show, his shomanship is so great. Yes, that is true, but this is about FASHION, if you want a show then go to the freaking circus! I mean, his clothing would be "fierce" on a couture runway, but the winner is suposed to get the money to start a line of clothing. Be honest and ask yourslf, would you honestly werar half the clothign that he put out on the runway in public? I certainly would not, maybe for a costume party, but never, ever in public.

On the other hand Jillian's collection absolutley blew me away! Everything that she put down was amazing. I loved the new knit stuff that she put out and I think that her collection was very cohesive with the exception of two pieces. Her clothes were wearable, original, marketable, and you could wear them in publice. The whole collection was modern and very, very chic. I was thouroghly impressed and can not believe that she came in third.

I am thouroughly disapointed and confused at the choice of winner for this season. I do not think that he deserved it at all. I do not believe that he will sorta just stick with the same thing and black and white and all that jazz and that his clothing will get old very very fast!

Ok, Im done venting,lol. : P

Your thoguhts?

Project 滑走路 3 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 etteloc said…
I agree with you. I am FIERCELY disappointed. Going into the finale I thought Jillian would win. After seeing Rami's whole collection and hearing what the judges said to him I thought he would win. The whole season the judges complained to Chris that his designs were too constum-y. Well LOOK at Christian's over the top, costume party extravaganza. Plus he was catty and full of himself not to mention young and stupid. I hope he at least gains some humility with age and perhaps gets what actually is coming to him.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 snapple said…
I loved Christian and his collection and I'm really glad he won. I think he is funny and I don't know why people are so offended by his personality. There's nothing wrong with having good self-esteem. As far as his ability to design, if you don't think he can make stuff that is wearable, then you obviously haven't watched all the other episodes this season. Just look at the avante garde ready-to-wear outfit, or the jeans challenge or the skinny challenge. Those challenges proved that he can make stuff that's wearable. I do think that if he had used other colors than black in the final collection, it'd be easier to see all the detailing and work that he put into it. The fact that he created all that in his tiny room with hardly any workspace and no room for a bed shows that he really knows how to make it work.

As far as Rami is concerned, I really loved his collection, too. And he would be my second choice for winner. But the truth is that he already has a huge studio and his own line, and he's already made tons of stuff for celebrities. I just don't see why he even needed project runway.

Jillian's collection was great as well, and I would wear a lot of the stuff she put out. But it was kind of all over the place and I don't think she really knows who she is in the design world yet.

The people who attend the fashion shows at Bryant Park aren't normal people off the street like us. It's the fashion world. And if the designers don't do something dramatic and put on a show, they won't get noticed. Overall, I'm really happy with the results this season!
1年以上前 Snerkie said…
I don't think a collection at fashion week HAS to be wearable. Also there were a lot of pieces Christian did that i would wear and have seen that style in shops.

Rami was way off wearable...or would want to wear, he had high waisted pants that could double up as a bra and ones that made the hips look 50 times bigger than they should be.

Jillians collection was good but it didn't have a lasting impression on me, i can barely remember half of her clothing and i just watched it so that's not a good thing.

Like snapple said, things are different in the fashion world, everything doesn't have to be comfy and wearable, if it did then all you'd see if slippers and track pants, lol.