This idea was created by tuttleAC.
The 2010 Emmy Awards will be airing this Sunday, August 29. Why not turn it into a fun game and place wagers on who/what will win?
1. For each category, you'll pick a primary choice and a secondary choice. The primary, if it's correct, is worth 10 points; secondary is worth 5.
2. Number your choices 1 and 2 to identify which is your primary choice.
3. We'll pick in all categories minus the miniseries and TV movies, since A: who cares? and B:there are only 2 miniseries in competition this year.
4. Ballots will be accepted until 12 noon Eastern Standard Time on Sunday (the awards will begin around 8 pm EST). Please post your ballots on this forum.
5. Once posted, you may edit your post as long as it is before the above-mentioned closing time. DO NOT edit your ballot post on Awards night.
On Monday, we'll all add up our scores and the winner will get to choose the Losers' icon(s) for the next week (I suggest a JPG that says "*Insert winner's name here* is my master!" Or something equally goofy and fun. Also, all the losers will change their mottos to "*Insert winner's name here* is awesome!" and must give the winner three props.
The winner will be crowned Champion for Life 2010.
I will post all the categories and nominees. Over the next few days, this forum will be used to post videos and other valuable resources related to the nominees, so if you don't know anything about any of the nominees in a certain category, you'll have access to information that may help help you make a decision.
*If you are a fan of any of the other shows that are nominated and want to share videos, etc. of those shows, feel free to post them here!
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama
Bryan Cranston ([i]Breaking Bad)
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama
Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory)
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy
Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie)
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama
Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama
Archie Panjabi (The Good Wife)
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy
Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family)
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy
Jane Lynch (Glee)
Outstanding Reality Show Competition
Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Series
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
Writing for a Comedy Series
Modern Family ("Pilot")
Writing for a Drama
Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series
Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series