Interesting theory I found on lostpedia about Jacob's and the MIB conflict.
* Jacob and Esau were twins. In Genesis 25:23, God tells their mother Rebekah "Two nations are in your womb and two people from within あなた will be separated; one will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." This verse gives clues to the rivalry betwen Jacob and MiB.
* The firstborn Esau によって right was entitled to the family birthright but Jacob bartered for it when Esau was starving. Just as we see Jacob offer MiB some 魚 to eat in their conversation, the first conversation between Jacob and Esau found in Genesis finds Jacob cooking and offering Esau food.
* Jacob means "trickster" または "supplanter," which supports theories that neither character is all good または all bad.
* Rebekah loved Jacob もっと見る than Esau and helped him deceive his father. This could be MiB's motivation for his strong negative feelings about his mother. The deception required Jacob to appear to be Esau in order to receive his father Isaac's blessing, 与えられた によって touch. Jacob physically touches those that he has selected. MiB is deceiving people によって appearing to be Locke.
o When Isaac realizes he has blessed Jacob, not the firstborn Esau, he tells Esau, "You will live によって the sword and あなた will serve your brother. But when あなた grow restless, あなた will throw his yoke off your neck. (Gen. 27:40)." Esau immediately begins plotting the murder of his brother.
* Esau is one of only two hunters described in the Bible. MiB has taken the form of Locke, easily the most skilled hunter of the survivors.
* Jacob led his family to Egypt and spent the last 16 years of his life there. On the island, Jacob's last ホーム was in the statue of Tawaret.
* Jacob was buried in a cave with his wife Leah along with his grandparents and parents. Adam and Eve could be a reference to Jacob または his lineage.
* Incidentally, Jacob is the great-great-grandfather of Aaron.