ハリーポッターvsトワイライト 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

ハリーポッターvsトワイライト 606 返信

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 606

1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
@cassie-1-2-3 well, it's pretty obvious. When you read a Twilight fan's reason as to why Twilight is better than Harry Potter you'll see that their reasons are very biased and shallow. For example: 'Bella is is easier to relate to than Hermione' and they they would just leave it at that. They wouldn't explain why exactly Bella is more relateable and if you ask them why they'd say something like 'Bella is a human and Hermione is a witch' or give some type of vague answer like that. Or they'd say 'Twilight is romantic' which it is, but if they really read Potter then they would know that Snape loved Lily more than anything and would have done anything to save her if he had the chance. They didn't see that Ron loved Hermione or that Harry loved Ginny. Or they'd say 'there's a battle between good and evil' did they not read about the Battle at Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows? 'Twilight has passion, mystery, and sadness' clearly didn't notice that it was Harry passion to avenge for his parents' deaths by destroying the Horcruxes. 'There's a love triangle in Twilight' there was one in Potter (but it didn't span for 4 books). Ron believed that Harry loved Hermione which was what made him run away.

Okay, so basically read the reasons published above. It's clear that a handful of these Twilight fans have never read or even watched Harry Potter. See how they're emphasizing on the plot of Twilight yet haven't even brought up the most basic of plot in Harry Potter? I can tell that you've read/watch Harry Potter because you use the plot from both Harry Potter and Twilight to explain why you think Twilight is better, and I have no problem with that. At least you've given it a chance.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
So you're just making assumptions?

If I were to say that I relate to Bella more than Hermione because I have been through situations Bella has gone through, and have not gone through situations that Hermione has gone through, does that mean that I have not read Harry Potter?

If I were to say that Edward and Bella's story was much more romantic that Snape and Lily's, does that mean I have not read Harry Potter? What if I were to say that Snape and Lily's story was sweet, but not romantic?

What if I noticed that Edward and Bella's love was much more central to the plot that Ron and Hermione's or Harry and Ginny's? What if I didn't find Harry, Hermione, Ron, or Ginny's relationships to be romantic?

I make this good vs evil remark quite often. This doesn't mean I haven't read Harry potter. It means that I'm not being incredibly basic and obvious. I'm never talking about good people vs bad people. I'm always talking about one side representing good vs the side that represents evil. I don't see very many Twilight characters as good or evil. I see them each as representing "good" ideals and "evil" ideals. It's not like that in Harry Potter. They are all clearly good or bad characters, which bores me. I don't get to think about it, it's shoved in my face.

Perhaps these Twilight fans noticed that rob believing Harry loved Hermione for a few minutes wasn't important at all, and that Bella's struggle between who she is, who she wants to be, and who everyone expects or wants her to be was a much stronger theme.

I honestly don't think I'm the only one who knows all this about Harry Potter. (Have you ever looked at the Harry Potter 1000 reasons forum? You can make the exact same arguments against more than half of those reasons)
I don't think a person is required to leave long and detailed comments just to convince some people that they've read Harry Potter. I honestly don't even like talking about Harry Potter and I don't do it often. Not nearly as often as I talk about Twilight here, at least.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
I understand where you're getting at but saying that Twilight is better there's romance in Twilight is basically like saying that Harry Potter has no romance, which is NOT true. Saying that Twilight is better because it has battles between good and evil is basically like saying that Harry Potter doesn't have battles between good and evil which is NOT true.

Here's another example 'the actors are talented' that's like saying that the Potter ones aren't. We can argue that the actors who started off as kids (Dan, Rupert, Emma, Matt, Tom, ect)are good or bad (I think they're great) but saying that Rob, Kristen, and Taylor are better than Alan Rickman, Richard Harris, Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, or any of the other adult actors is just wrong because they have more experience. If you think that the acting in Twilight is better than the acting in Harry Potter then so be it, but you honestly can't call the adult actors untalented. If you were to say 'Twilight has better actors than Harry Potter' then give us Harry Potter fans some details. Pull out scenes from Potter and say 'Dan's performance was weak in this scene' then pull a scene from Twilight and say 'Kristen's was much stronger'. The point of these forums is to show us Potter fans why they think that Twilight is better so that maybe we can grow to respect the Twilight franchise more. But supplying us with vague reasons isn't really going to do much.

Here's another one: 'The vampires have cool powers, like Zafrini's' from what I remember (I always get bored during this half of Breaking Dawn) Zafrina has the power to create allusions (right?). If this person who posted the question were to have read/watched Harry Potter then they would have known that almost all the wizards were about to create allusions. Mind reading/control is also possible (Edward/Aro's power), seeing the future/past (Hermione's TimeTurner/Pensieve, Alice's power), shields (protego, Bella's power), ability to control emotions (Imperio, Jasper's power), ability to torture (Crucio, Jane's power), plus many more.

So what I'm getting at is, because the reasoning is inaccurate and sometimes incorrect (Harry Potter encourages you to set teachers on fire? wtf?) then their Harry Potter knowledge must be just as bad...
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
First off since alexins10 wasnt saying directly to anyone that they havent read HP no one should be insulted or mad about this. She is making an assumption but its to a general audience and not anyone particular so I dont see what the problem in that is. Second off all what she is saying is true. Some twilight fans have not read HP and its a bit obvious. Alexins10 stated examples above and I find them pretty valid.

The examples you gave cassie are not the examples we are necessarily referring to. We are giving our examples. The examples we are providing really do show that the person has not read HP.

Now please know that im sure not every HP fan on here has read Twilight but there are more twilighters who havent read HP versus the vice versa.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 NANCYSAINI2 said…
I hv read both but i like twilight more.......So is there a problem..........Jst asking........And basically saying tht twilight has more romance doesnt necesarily mean tht HP doesnt hv romance........It is about more or less and not about all and none.........There r things in Hp tht r better thn twilight but tht doesnt make twilight inferior or anything like tht.........IT is tht u ppl dnt even wnt 2 see anything good in twilight...........And i think if so many ppl(not all) r fan of twilight thn there must b smthing in twilight.....
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
@NANCYSAINI2
Twilight does have more romance than Harry Potter. But they didn't say Twilight has more romance. They said that Twilight has romance which is basically like saying that Harry Potter has no romance at all which isn't true at all.

You have no idea how much I agree with 'ppl dnt even wnt 2 see anything good in twilight'. A lot of people actually refuse to read or watch Twilight because they jump to conclusions saying that it sucks or it has no plot. I've been there, done that, and bought a T-shirt with the Twilight saga. I've been a fan longer than I've been a Harry Potter fan. But I see where you're getting at, and I totally agree with it. It took 4 years to get my older cousin to watch the first Twilight movie. She only knew the basic plot of it (girl falls in love with vampire) and was already jumping on the fan wagon to say that it sucks. I'd say this is a bad example because when she finally watched it she hated it and thought it was a complete joke, but hey, at least she gave it a try. A lot of people say that Twilight sucks because Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings is better. But you can't judge that. You've never seen Twilight so you can't say that anything is better than it. I thought Twilight was going to be horrible when I first picked up that book, but I became obsessed. Same thing with Harry Potter.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
It looks to me like you two are purposefully being too litteral just so you can have a reason to discard the reasons. If nothing is said about Harry Potter, why not take that litterally and think that comment has nothing to do with Harry Potter?
One is allowed to mantion Twilight without referenct to Harry Potter, even in this forum.
As I said before, I could say the exact same thing about 75% of those Harry Potter reasons, but I'm not going to go forth and assume that every single comment about Harry Potter is also about Twilight, and that because they didn't mention Twilight, that they haven't read it.

Refering to the explanation I gave yesterday...
I gave reason why I think the romance in Twilight is better than the romance in Harry Potter, but you still continued to say "that's basically saying there's not romance in Harry Potter"
How am I basically saying that when I didn't even say that?

You're just choosing to warp the comments that way. Take the comments at face value.
1年以上前 NANCYSAINI2 said…
^Yeah same thing i wanted 2 say......If we say tht there is romance in twilight how does tht mean tht there is no romance in HP......
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
I see what you two are saying and I guess my comment was too vague. I did not mean every comment. And of course not everytime twilight is mention will it have to be compared to HP. But on a lot of forums and such when the two are being compared, twilighters say that twilight has romance and completely disregard HP. Anyways can we please stop fighting abotu this? Thats not the point of this thread. If someone specifically says something that you think is unfair (ex. HP has no romance) then just correct them. Since no one on here has done that yet Im unsure why we are making a big deal out of this. Can we just continue the HP vs. Twilight things for which this forum was created??
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Another thing, I don't know why everyone is always being accused of "fighting" all the time. We're only discussing. Nobody's fighting.

Discussions would be boring if everyone had to say "Yeah, okay, you're right" all the time. Especially if you don't agree with the statement.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
Not fighting but the argument. Sorry, but choice of word. And argument is fine but this argument is getting pointless and its not getting anywhere... Just my opinion but if you still want to argue this feel free!
1年以上前 maximumrider12 said…
I agree with Cassie-1-2-3. Its a discussion, not an argument, but that about the only thing I agree with you on, sorry.
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
Fine discussion! lol:) I find it an argument but if others see it differently then thats fine!

Does any twilight fan care to contradict anything I said on the previous page as to why HP is better than Twilight? Thats a fun discussion! lol:)
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
You mean your reason for liking Harry Potter? No, I'm not going to say you like Harry Potter for the wrong reasons.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
I may wish to address the slight exaggerations one day, but not now and not here.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
@abria_c yeah, I'm not fighting, lol. There would be A LOT more swearing (on my end at least) if I was in an argument.

@cassie-1-2-3 If the user were to say 'I like Twilight better because it's romantic' then that would be better to understand. But to say 'Twilight is better because it has romance' wouldn't really intrigue me to give the saga another chance because Harry Potter has romance, too. If this user were to have read Harry Potter then they would know that there are more (or maybe equal) couples in Harry Potter than in Twilight.
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
Very well:)
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
The number of couples doesn't equal romance, though.

Romance isn't the same as a relationship. Romance is the emotion and sentiment surrounding the relationship. Harry potter isn't about anyone's relationship, while Twilight is.

Just because Ron and Hermione or Harry and Ginny date, that doesn't mean I have find the Harry Potter series to be romantic.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
^
1. Generally a couple has a love affair which is the definition of romance so if there are couples in a book then yes there is romance. Now if it was minor characters then yes I would say that doesnt make the book romance but Harry, Ron, and Hermione have romance though unlike Twilight its not the center of the story

2. HP isnt focused on anyone's relationship but it does have that... But yes Twilight does have more.

3. Thats what alexisn10 said. She said: If the user were to say 'I like Twilight better because it's romantic' then that would be better to understand. - Its a matter of opinion
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Various defenitions of romance from various online dictionaries:
"A feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love"
"a romantic spirit, sentiment, emotion, or desire."
"Love, esp. when sentimental or idealized"
"A quality or feeling of mystery, excitement, and remoteness from everyday life"

In other words, "romance" is an emotion. Is someone can rightfully say they never felt and sad or joyous emotions while reading Twilight, I have every right to say I didn't feel any romance while reading Harry Potter. Seeing that two character have been paired together does not mean I am not obligated to feel romance.

It's also a matter of opinion to believe that the Harry Potter relationships are not romantic.
A person CAN rightfully say there is no romance in Harry potter if the person did not feel any romance while reading the series. Just becuase one does not feel the same emotions as you, does not mean one has not read Harry Potter.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
First of all I just want to point out that I did say the saying something is romantic is an opinion.

Romance is interpreted in 2 ways. It can be a feeling but also love between two people is also romance. Its a feeling and a thing. If you dont think ron/hermione or harry/ginny is romance then what would you call it?
1年以上前 rockthered20 said…
mischievous
Twilight is depressingly inconsistant. According to Meyer, Vampires don't have a beating heart, therefor no blood running through their veins, meaning that it would be impossible for Edward to get it up unless he died with a boner and is stuck with a tent pitched in his pants for eternity. Even if he did, he wouldn't be able to shoot his sperm and get Bella knocked up.

And Bella is weak and extremely co-dependant. When her boyfriend leaves her, she flips out and goes all depressed until another guy comes along and only then does she come back. Then she uses a guy that wants nothing more than to love her and keep her safe and treat her like a queen. You would think that that would be enough for a chick! And then when the jacka$$ that left her in the first place comes back, she ditches the dude that was there for her all along. I'm sorry but that seems a little bitchy to me. And the entire time Edward is gone, she risks her life just so she can see his face. Now that makes me think she needs a phsych evaluation. In either Eclipse or Breaking Dawn(sorry, I can't really remember which one it was) all she thinks about is sex and she tries to make Edward sleep with her! Doesn't she understand that no means no?

And vampires don't sparkle. Sorry, but that shit isn't okay. Meyer is trying to rewrite centuries of stories and folk lore.

Bella is a terrible role model. She gets obssessed and ditches all of her friends so she can hang out with her boyfriend. It's awesome that she's in love and crap, but it's unhealthy to spend all her free time with her boyfriend. She's a little clingy in my opinion.

Maybe the Twilight series is a good read for pre-teens, but it in no way compares to Harry Potter.

And yes, I do realize that some of what I wrote is of my opinion, so I'll thank you kindly for not getting on my ass.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
I call it two characters who are dating.
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
What is different about Edward and Bella compared to Ron and Hermione or even Tonks and Lupin. Other than the fact that Edward and Bella spend more time together, what is it that makes you think that HP doesnt have romance?
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
We were focused on Edward and Bella's relationship. Every single action either of the characters took at to do with sustaining their relationship because they wanted their love to flourish.

With Ron and Hermine (I know I'm spelling her name wrong. I'm mobile and my T9 doesn't like her name), their relationship was only a subplot. The same with every other couple in the series. Yes, their had their timy romantic moments every nce in a while, but I don't see that as being eligible to be labled "Romantic" in general. What is romantic to me is when your actions are driven by romance. Not just doing sweet things sometimes.
If the relationship is not your priority, then I don't think it's romantic. Thus, in my eyes, rhe Harry Potter series has no real romance.
That's not to say the characters weren't in love, they just weren't romantic couples.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
And that is far from suggesting that I have not read the books.
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
I know you have read the books!

And I guess this is then again an opinion thing. But I personally do think there it romance.
-Ginny stepped in front of Harry in the 7th movie when Pansy shrieked "Somebody get him!" That was driven out of love.
-Harry left Ginny for her protection b/c he loved her
-Snape protected Harry for Lily b/c he still loved her

etc. So there are things in HP that people did out of love for others in what I think is a romantic sense. Maybe not as many as twilight but they did...
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
And the priority was to for relationships. They fought the whole battle to stop Voldemort from splitting any more families and loved ones apart. And they had bigger things to worry about at the time. But relationships were still a concern for them.

Oh and Tonks left her child to help Lupin! that is romance imo!
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Their entire purpose was to stop Voldemort from destroying relationships?
All along I thought their goal was to stop Voldemort from killing people and gaining world domination. If that's the case, Voldemort's not nearly as threatening as he's made out to be.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
^Well it was one of the reasons. Voldemort had destroyed so many families (ex. Harry, Neville) It was to stop him from killing people to gain world domination but killing people ruins families b/c a member of their family dies.... Someone did say in I believe the 7th book that Voldemort is tearing apart families and such. I dont remember clearly
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 cunha27 said…
^ Ah nope, that was not the reason why they fought Voldemort. They opposed him because they disagreed with his vision for the wizarding world and knew he was evil and could not be trusted. If all they cared about was their loved ones, then they wouldn't have gone against him at all. Why put yourself and your family in danger by actively defying such a powerful wizard? Lily and James would have joined the Deatheaters when Voldemort asked them and would have been safe along with their family. So would the Weasleys and the vast majority of the Order.

They fought the battle *to defeat Voldemort*. They were aware that the longer the war took the more families would be torn apart so an immediate win was optimal, but if they were to loose, they would continue fighting Voldemort regardless whether it tore families apart or not.

If Tonks left her child behind to help Lupin then I lost all respect for her. Children have priority over boyfriends, husbands, etc. I much rather think that both Tonks and Remus left Teddy so they could fight for a better future for him rather than for some romantic feelings. Even Bella didn't do that (and it was pretty obvious how much she was devoted to Edward)- she chose her child over Edward and her own life.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Lucifersangel91 said…
@ Cassie, I'm a little late, I don't go on here much, but you are correct. It was hypocritical of me to post opinions when calling the post not true for being opinionated. But I stand by my Harry Potter and the fact Meyer can't write well, from a technical perspective. So, if I refrain from giving my opinion, is it too much for me to ask for some reasons not based on opinions of Twilighters?
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Saying that Meyer can't write well from a technical persective is still an opinion.

You can argue that she breaks textbook grammar rules, but JKR breaks textbook grammar rules also. Even English textbook grammar.

There is such a thing referred to as creative liscens which grants the writer permission to break grammar rules to propperly convey the tone and emotion they are trying to convey. Meyer is allowed to use dashes to show the reader that Bella's thoughts are often filled with pauses and miniature asides.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 ariba_c said…
^^Yes I suppose tonks did leave her child to make a better world for him but the other points I personally still do find romantic...

There was someone n the books im pretty sure that said something about how they needed to stop voldemort and they said a few reasons and ONE OF THEM (its not the ONLY one) being that he was tearing families and loved one apart.

I didnt quite understand this: they would continue fighting Voldemort regardless whether it tore families apart or not.

It had nothing to do with them fighting. If they fight voldemort, people would die. If they dont fight him, people would still die... So of course they would still keep fighting but I dont understand what this has to do with what we are discussing. (I may be missing it since I just took exams and Im very tired so please excuse me if what you wrote does make sense!)
1年以上前 Drapple said…
Don't take it the wrong way but Kristen stuart is a really bad actor
1年以上前 JustMee123 said…
Most of your reasons that Twilight is better are just opinions. And the rest are not things that make a good book, but rather an interesting movie. And even some of those are opinions as well. And some of the rebuttals from the HP fans are also opinions.

I have read both, and I have seen the movies for both. And yeah, there was a time when I liked both at the same time (shocking, right?). So here's my opinion on "which one is better":

Neither.

Personally, I believe Harry Potter is amazing and I love the entire series. I believe that Ron and Hermione were made for each other, that Voldemort is (was?) a psychopath, and that J.K. Rowling should NOT have killed Fred.

On the other hand, while I'm not really a fan of it now, I was once a fan of Twilight, and sure, there are some parts and some instances where I could, on some level, relate to the characters. There was a time when I thought vampires sparkling in the sunlight was the coolest thing since sliced bread. On the whole, I can see why some people may like it so much that yeah, they want to meet Edward or Jacob or whoever. I was the same way once.

Maybe the Harry Potter books have more profound and over-arching lessons and messages that can reach a wider range of people.

And maybe the Twilight books have just the right mix of reality and fantasy that thousands of people can get into.

To me, the bottom line is that they both tell stories that people can relate to and really enjoy. People may create these sorts of things thinking that they're arguing valid, concrete reasons. In reality, you're just shooting opinions back and forth at each other.

Call me crazy, but that's what I see happening.
1年以上前 yelloweden said…
1- the writing is better

Seriously? Of all the things Twilight is critisiced for, its writing has to be at the top of the list. Of all the things Harry Potter is praised for, the writigh has to be at the top of the list.

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

NO THEY AREN'T! Trust me it doesn't take much talent to stand there and brush your hair behind your ear. Emma Watson said she cried during filming when Daniel Radcliffe had to act out losing his godfather. She said it was so realitsic, that she couldn't help but cry as if it was reallyt happening.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

Hold on to friendships? She fucking ditched all of her friends for her sparkly boyfriend, and was a complete bitch to them when she did hang out with them. She jumped off of a cliff just to see her stalker! Yeah, such a role model.

4-it has a PLOT!!

Are you suggesting that Harry Potter doesn't? Twiliht's plot changes per book, which makes it a terrible saga, as for Harry Potter, it is all consistent, with twist that keep your eyes fixed and your soul wanting more.

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting

Not really. I dont find necrophilia exciting, I find action exciting...like a normal person.

6- the effects are amazing

Dumping a pound of glitter on someone isn't that big of a deal. Twilight has dollar store effects.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

A story about the struggle betwen doing what is right and doing what is easy, is a lot better and more exciting then the story of a emo teen trying to have sex with a cross between tinkerbell and dracula

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them

Robert Pattison admitted to hating the character Edward, and said if he wasn't in the movies he woul, and I quote, "Mindlessly hate it"

9-the characters are not all good or all evil

Really? Stephanie Meyer definantly doesn't impy that. Edward seems like a perfect god-modding mary-sue to me.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

Voldemort and the Death Eater are evil for a reason! And just to mention it, the war between the newborns and the cullens was completely unrealistic.

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

The characters in Twilight are bitchy and have terrible, blank personalitys and they are hidious and have absolutly no swagger at all.

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

Ummmm.......they aren't drawn stupid. They are pictures of stupid shiz that doesn't even make sense to the concept of the books.

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool

Ummmm....No. Bella drooling over Edward is creepy.

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form

Stupid and awkward idea of the cool and awesome better form of vampires.

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight

No you cant! There is nothing creative about Twilight, therefore nothing to create out of it. As for Harry Potter, it has the number one amount of fan fics on the internet IN THE WORLD

(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

No they dont, they turn out just as crappy as the books themselves.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool

Twi-hards is an insult and it makes Potterheads kaugh everytime you use it because you dont even know what it means....hehe twi-hard

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative

The reason the name is a msh-up is because there is not creativity. Stephanie Meyer couldn't think of a name so she just spleechkstuck two names together
1年以上前 iisapotterhead said…
1- the writing is better
no, its not...have you even read the hp books??!

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented
no they are NOT. if i smash a pie on kristen stewart's face, it wouldn't create any expression in her.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)
bella is not a role model. she gets married and has a baby at 18 and lets her bf do everything for her.

4-it has a PLOT!!
yes it does...but it has the SHALLOWEST plot EVER!

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting
have you seen the scenes in harry potter???! obviously you haven't. cuase if you HAVE, you'll know that the twilight movie scenes are NOTHING compared to HP.

6- the effects are amazing
that does not make twilight a better book.
p.s. have you even SEEN harry potter. i doubt it.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast
oh pleeeeaaaaasssssse a story about a bitchy girl, a crazy vamp and a pscycho "werewolf" beats HARRY POTTER???!!! do you know what harry potter is even ABOUT????!

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them
no they don't rob patz hates twilight and his character....

9-the characters are not all good or all evil
so???

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)
-_- newborn vamps are villains for a reason because they almost killed the whole of seattle???! FAIL!
now in harry potter, the characters are actually human, ie, they make mistakes (they are not perfect).
even dumbledore and voldermort. this makes it more realistic.

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)
the characters are shallow and have almost NO personality. if you want to see REAL characters with actual personalities...read hp. and what do you mean they are hot and cool too?? -__-
FAIL!!

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully
so?

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool
so?

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form
the vampires SPARKLE!! yeah...thats REEEEEAAAAALLLLLY creative and not at ALL wierd or creepy. -____-

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)
clearly you haven't read harry potter. i suggest you get your facts right before you comment.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool
how about i make it twi-tard?? -_- and what does this have to do with twilight being better??!

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative
so WHAT???? do NAMES determine the quality of a book???! i doubt it.

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other
that's what happens in harry potter but in more realistic, emotional and sensible way. again-read the books!!

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)
if you've not noticed, HP is too. AND its got lesser haters...

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)
WTF?! the only lesson you learn from twilight is-don't EVER marry a sparkly vampire. WHEREAS in harry potter you learn about friendship and love(NOT lust) and unity. FAIL!!!

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)
OH really the people who cried buckets reading HP beg to differ.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand
that's the point-harry potter can be read and understood easily even by stupid people. BTW i strongly recommend you the HP books.

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world
and harry potter does not. *ends sarcasm* -_-

24- twilight is read by a massive audience
and harry potter is not? -_- *facepalm*

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway
in HP, people fight for the good of the wizarding world and you cry buckets even if the bad guy dies. now what were you saying???!

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them
they are not creative...they are cheesy. i REALLY suggest you read hp.

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character
in HP, the characters actually GROW WITH you. take for example...RON. again- ignorance.

as you see...all your so called reasons are completely shallow. better luck next time :P
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
I hope you guys know that you're not automatically correct just because you have differing opinions.
1年以上前 yelloweden said…
I hope you know I don't give a flying fuck?
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Okay, thank you.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 yelloweden said…
18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

Why would that make Twilight a better book? Oh wait it doesn't.

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

No it's not, Harry Potter is though.

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

What? You have obviously not read Harry Potter or Twilight. When does Harry use a spell on Ron stupid. And the only lesson that Twilight teaches you is that you should become suicidal when your boyfriend dumps you.

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

The emotions are...wait there aren't any because the actors dont show any emotion or talent. Are you trying to convince me that a wizarding world full of magical creatures and spells is less imaginative then Forks, a real town in America, home of the fat people?

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

First of all, it's called puncuation,obviously you've learned nothing. Second of all, Harry Potter was written for all audiences, so she uses her words properly to make sence to the context, while Meyer just added in big words trying to look smart.

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world

Are you trying to suggest that Harry Potter doesn't? Stop discribing Harry Potter, I thought you were supporting Twilight. You Twi-hard...hehehehehe

24- twilight is read by a massive audience

Twilight is read by hormonal teenage girls, Harry Potter is read by all ages. Lets see here... 100% of the human world population is all ages, 10% of the world is teenage girls. Excuse my math,but 100>10

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

The fights are lame and cheesy, and there is more amazing action in one Harry Potter book, then there is on the entire Twilight saga

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

What Twilight quotes? We're talking about the books ya stupid head! Not the quotes, which I don't even know what you mean by "The quotes."

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character

Dafudge? That sentance didn't make any sense...In every book, the person is described flat out, there personality always the same, never moving forward with the character. In every book, Edward is cold and hard like granite, and Bella is clumsy. In the first HP book, Hermione is snotty, nerdy and bossy, while by the last book, she is kind, and a true Gryffindor.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
If you're going to try and make yourself look like you're more correct than the OP, you should actually be correct. Twilight books have won awards. The most notable is probably Breaking Dawn's "British Book Award". That was determined by critics actually in the literary business.
And they ARE international best sellers.

Also, don't make up statistics. More than 10% of the planet is a teenage girl. Especially after you factor in the mortality rate. (You also forgot all the people who have read Twilight who aren't teenage girls)
And no, 100% of people have not read Harry Potter.

Twilight quotes are in Twilight books, silly.

1年以上前 yelloweden said…
I never said 100% of the world read Harry Potter stupid. Your argument is invalid, just like you.
1年以上前 yelloweden said…
mischievous
6. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.

Wanting a boy friend isn't a crime, and no potterhead said so. Chosing a boy over a friend is a stupid move,because if that boy dumps your sorry ass, your friends aren\t going to be their for you, because you don't have any because you ditched them all.

7. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!

That's not the point of a having a more realistic character. Just because it's a fantasy book, it doesn't mean that the characters don't have to be realistic. Especially in Twilight. You can't have a realistic location without realistic characters.

8. Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens.

So? And this makes Twilight a better book how? Your argument is invalid.

9. twilight was romantic

So is Harry Potter! I found Harry Potter more romantic actually. Sorry if mushy pedophilism and necrophilia isn't romantic to me.

10. it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it

by the way, there is an a in that, second, Are you trying to suggest that Harry Potter doesn't? Harry Potter has more readers and more viewers then Twilight. Your argment is invalid.

11. there is a happy ending.

There is a happy, more realistic ending in Harry Potter.

12. there is a battle between good and evil

...There is in Harry Potter too stupid.

13. sparklepyres or vampires, call them how you like - they have more nobility, more education, they are more fun, have more attractiveness than lots and lots of ordinary people. Wizards are interesting too but they don't have immortality on their side, nor the eternal beauty or that charming sweet smell ;)

...your argument is invalid. I'm guessing your a teenage girl?

14. it is important to anticipate te ending of a story - this is everyones mind exercise - but the Twilight series is not just "about a sappy love story that could have reached its happy ending in 4 seconds". If the reader gets cought up in the events of the story, the success of that story is sure. The complexity of the Twilight characters is obvious, and furthermore one can see the process of evolution that they go through in the 4 books.

What evolution? Every charcater is described the same way in every book.Your....argument..is...INVALID

15. she has a normal life, she goes to school and afterwords she hangs out with her boyfriend.

yeah, being chased by vampires is completly normal...derp.

16. you know her emotions and you realise why she does things. you can feel the love true the screen when you watch it. I don't feel any emotions accept feer when I watch HP but thats my view on it.

*through *fear. Your a weiney. Harry Potter isn't scary. Name one thing that is scary about Harry Potter. I find Edward's face scary.

17. The book puts you in an average place: Forks, Washington. It's a rather normal place with normal people. Therefore, people can relate easier because they don't have to get past the "immaginative"(for lack of a better word) setting that is Harry Potter(big fan though).

Wern't you saying two seconds ago that fantasy book's didn't have to be more realistic you dumb...

18. Bella has separated parents. I personally don't, but I know that some people's parents might have this relationship. People who know about the relationship can relate to Bella's family problems easier.

YOUR ARUMENT IS INVALID! My parents are sperated, but I hate the character Bella, and can relate to her in no way.

19. Bella goes to a regular high school, has regular subjects, and regular "friends" without magic powers. People can relate to that easily because, siriusly people, if we didn't get our Hogwarts letters already we're not gonna. At my high school, we don't study Charms or Tranfiguration but Math and Science. Bella's freinds can be stated as the stereotypes in high schools. I haven't read the series since the first time, which was around a year and a half ago, so I can't go in depth about this.

It's called Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry, not Hogwarts School if Highschool. Since Hogwarts isn't a highschool, you can't compare it to one. Your argument is invalid.

20. Sparked the want to read in many teenage minds that had never really liked reading before.

Harry Potter sparked the want to read in many more minds then just teeangers. I was watching a JK Rowling biography last night, and at the end it said that every 30 seconds someone starts reading a Harry Potter book. No lie, google it.

21. It's a great fantasy series, like our Harry Potter, that can make you forget the perils of real life, by finding how others deal with more exaggerated problems.

Are you a team twight fan or a Harry Potter fan?
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Ugh, Am I talking to a pubescent 8 year old? This is not even worth it.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 yelloweden said…
Ugh, am I talking to a hormonal 15 year old? This is so worth it.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 youknowit101 said…
Looks like you found your twin, Cassie
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Yeah! We can be BFFs forever!
1年以上前 youknowit101 said…
But you're my BFF forever. Your argument is invalid