ハリーポッターvsトワイライト The Many Plot Holes of Twilight

han-han posted on Apr 24, 2010 at 03:57AM
Plot holes are to Stephenie Meyer's works as fish are to water. So, how many plot holes can you find?

I'll start you off. My friend and I, crazychlo, were thinking one afternoon and a thought crossed our minds.

If Edward has no pulse, how can he get and erection and therefore impregnate Bella? That confused us and we spent several ours after scratching our heads.

ハリーポッターvsトワイライト 227 返信

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 201-227 of 227

1年以上前 maximumrider12 said…
Then explain renesmee?
1年以上前 youknowit101 said…
I'll do it
link
1年以上前 mikanimal said…
1. In BD Edward says that Dimitri probably can't track Bella because of her power, yet in Twilight it clearly states that James, a tracker, is able to track Bella. 2. In Eclipse at the bonfire, Jacob states that Emily wasn't happy about Quill imprinting on her niece, yet in BD when Jacob is at the beach with Quill and Claire, Sam is howling and Quill says, "I don't know where her mom is," implying that Emily is Claire's mom, because why would Sam give a shit about a character who we would never meet and has nothing to do with him except being related to his fiance.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
The baseball thing. I brought that up a couple months ago. Okay, the baseball diamond in the Cullen's backyard is probably no bigger than an MLB baseball field. Alice pitches the ball, someone (let's say its Carlisle) hits it, and Edward chases after it. Seeing that the baseball diamond is pretty average sized (as in the average MLB player can run around it in a certain amount of seconds) and that the ball goes pretty far and VERY fast, shouldn't Carlisle have made it around all of the bases BEFORE Edward could even catch the ball or is Edward really THAT fast. This may not be a plot twist and it could just be that Edward is THAT fast. But to me, it kinda doesn't make any sense...
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
BREAKING DAWN PART II SPOILER

I THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!!
Okay, in the Breaking Dawn Part II film Alice was able to see the wolves during the battle sequence. How? Who knows? She wasn't able to see Jacob pull Bella out of the water in New Moon. Last time I checked, she couldn't see wolves. Why could she see them in BDPII?

Also, after Aro read Alice's vision about the fight sequence, why didn't he attack anyway? I mean, he saw exactly what happened. Why didn't he go in and kill them using a different strategy? The future changes. Edward made that pretty clear.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
last edited 1年以上前
 [b]BREAKING DAWN PART II SPOILER[/b] I THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!! Okay, in the Breaking Dawn Part
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Demitri and James have two different powers. James tracks scents, Demitri tracks the tenor of ones mind. Not a plot hole

2. Sam did not care about Claire's mother. Quil was babysitting but Sam needed him. Sam cared about getting Claire with someone who could watch her. Namely, her mother. Not a plot hole
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
The baseball thing... I think that was just a movie thing so you could see everything in one shot.

Stephenie Meyer already talked about that. She knows it would never be possible in the context of the story, but they all agreed to let it slide for the sake of cinematics.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
@cassie-1-2-3 True...true. The Cullens may have some HUUUGE backyard, then.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
They weren't playing in their backyard, they were just in a clearing.
1年以上前 Pensieve_Seeker said…
I don't know if this has been stated yet, but there was something about some guards being bribed with a $1000 bill, wasn't there? Anyway, that couldn't have been done because the $1000 bill was no longer in circulation.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Yes, that had been discussed, and it is not a plot hole. Just because a bill is taken out of circulation, that does not mean they all suddenly disappear. Please see this link
1年以上前 potterchicwild5 said…
SmeyerDescribes Bella to be plan and not special. Yet all the boys want to date her, and every girl wants to be her friend. Than a guy who all the girls like, but doesn't seem to niotice anyone, seems to date said plain girl. What the heck!!!!! And another thing i don't like is that Bella is always cooking for her dad, and following and depending on Edward. Like she can't do anything with out the guy. This was one of the first Vampire books i read, and it made be doubt all the other vampire books.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
SmeyerDescribes Bella to be plan and not special. Yet all the boys want to date her, and every girl wants to be her friend.
That's called self esteem, not a plot hole.

Bella is always cooking for her dad, and following and depending on Edward. Like she can't do anything with out the guy.
She doesn't depend on him to cook her dinner. Female empowerment all the way!
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
Just thought of this one

With a 300 year old vampire doctor in the house, why the hell would Edward resort to Google to find out how to deal with Bella's pregnancy. Come to think of it, who the hell would put up such articles. Aren't they supposed to keep their existence a secret?
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Carlisle had no experience with vampire pregnancies...

He was looking up legends, not pregnant vampire forums.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
Wouldn't it have made sense for Carlisle to know every crook and cranny about vampires before jumping into human anatomy?

Why would Edward search for vampire legends for cold hard facts? That's like using wikipedia for a research paper.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
No. How exactly would you expect him to know EVERYTHING? We're you expecting a flawless fairy tale here? Isn't it only natural he not know something for a change?

He was grasping at straws. If it were that simple, it would have not been complicated. His experience tells him that some circulating legends ring a hint of truth. He was looking for a starting point, not a how-to or a how-it-works article.
That's kind of how actual research works.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
If Edward and Aro can't read Bella's mind Tanya can't hurt her, Jane can't torture her then how the hell are Alice, Jasper, and Renesmee able to use their powers on her? Isn't she a shield?

Rosalie flips out each time Edward calls Renesmee a fetus. Well, she was a fetus. You're not officially a baby until you come out of the womb. So in a way, Edward was right.

Running so fast to the point of no one seeing you makes sense (for a vampire). But driving? Especially a Volvo. I'm sure the police can see someone driving at 120 MPH.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
Wellllll there was an entire colony of immortal children that were somehow born. Knowing their severity, wouldn't it have been smart for Carlisle and the rest of the vampires to do some research on immortal children just in case something goes wrong...
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Renesmee was not an immortal child. Immortal children were human children who were bitten and turned into vampires. Carlisle already knew plenty about people who changed into campires by being bitten. That would not have helped at all with Bella's pregnancy.
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
A non-rainy outdoor Christian wedding sounds like a good idea for a ton of teen VAMPIRES! Logic...?
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
Wouldn't Edward crush Bella if he was on top?

If vampires are basically stone, then shouldn't the friction of their sex start a fire or be down right uncomfortable?
1年以上前 cherrybomb2 said…
tongue
:p really? Ur actually so obsessed with ths competition going on here
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
Well the point of the forum is to talk about plot holes. It doesn't take a lot of brain power to think of something that doesn't make any sense sooo....
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Skin in skin does not cause fire. Neither does skin on any type of stone.
Edward has the ability to use his arms to hold himself up and never get sore or tired. Also, we were not told what positions they tried.
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
Non-rainy overcast days are fine. Christianity doesn't matter, what are you even getting at? I thought you were aware that these vampires are not the typical crucifix & garlic fearing vampires. It appears that you are turning into one of those mindless angry people with nothing logical to say.
(I left another comment on page 9, in case you missed it)
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 alexisn10 said…
I was speaking in terms of the movies. The only film that was faithful to the whole sparkling thing was the first film. The others had scenes of the Cullens in the sunlight sparkle-free.

Not angry. Just curious.
cunha27 commented…
The only thing that kind of bugaged me was In breaking dawn part 2 when Bella clutches the ベッド sheets. I kept thinking, "shouldn't it have torn?" but even that had a somewhat plausible explanation ie she just wasn't using that much force...? I 1年以上前
cunha27 commented…
Oops, meant to post the above as a response, not a コメント on your response. It's been that long since I've contributed to Fanpop, that it seems I've forgotten how to ue it :-p 1年以上前