Harper's Island know what copies harper's island?

rich872 posted on Jul 26, 2009 at 03:53PM
a perfect getaway....6 people 2 killers....THEY GOT MARRIED AND ON A HONEYMOON INSTEAD OF GETTING MARRIED THERE!

Harper's Island 24 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 rich872 said…
big smile
anyone wanna say anthing about it? (alice from resident evil is in it) so the movie may be good
1年以上前 Helen-Lover said…
big smile
lol the movie is kinda a copycat lol butt it looks good!! i wanna see it!!!

heres the trailer 4 it!
1年以上前 rich872 said…
laugh
and imagine if it was named amy's island?
1年以上前 Helen-Lover said…
big smile
omg ya i kno!!!!!! they would defianitly get sued!!!!!!
1年以上前 rich872 said…
rainy
=D (i wish) did i say that out loud into the fourm?
1年以上前 Helen-Lover said…
big smile
ya! lol
1年以上前 jlhfan624 said…
big smile
No I don't think so, sorry. Just because APG is coming out a little after Harper's Island does not mean they are one in the same. Both have been in production for quite some time. I'm pretty sure in APG, the killers are known right off the bat. Timothy Olyphant is one of them.
1年以上前 rich872 said…
stop spoling us and do u always have to disagree with us?
1年以上前 jlhfan624 said…
I was not aware I was required to agree with you. You posted a forum in a public spot, I saw it so I'm going to answer. Plus, it's not as if Harper's Island is extremely original in itself.

Plus

Writer/director David Twohy presents A Perfect Getaway -- an action thriller focusing on two newlyweds (Milla Jovovich and Steve Zahn) who come across a couple of sinister hikers, played by Timothy Olyphant and Kiele Sanchez. - Jeremy Wheeler, All Movie Guide

It's not a spoiler if it is in the official synopsis.
1年以上前 -3t0il3_D- said…
tongue
Don't make such a big deal about it.
Island murders are not new.
If anything, Harper's Island would be sued.
I'm not saying it should, but eh.

07th Expansion's Umineko no Naku Koro ni (created in 2007 if I'm not mistaken) is an example of this. A rich family gathers to a private island for the first time in 6~7 years to discuss inheritance business. Then, they start getting picked off one by one in very bloody, very confusing ways.
link

Agatha Christie's novel And Then There Were None (published in 1939) is another example.
I'm too lazy to type something, so here's the link:
link

I could say more, but I think I've proved a point. So, really, A Perfect Getaway is just following a long history of stories of murders on a secluded island. Coincidence, people. Get over it.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 JimmysGIrl said…
wink
4 real u guys fight 2 much i mean come on its just a movie lol who cares if its almost the same it doesnt matter well harper's island war awesome and im sure A.P.G. will be
1年以上前 Helen-Lover said…
smile
lol ya!
1年以上前 -3t0il3_D- said…
meh
I agree, I'm just sick of ignorant people.
1年以上前 JimmysGIrl said…
big smile
lol then just ignore them its not tht hard but honestly jlhfan624 may no alot but once u get 2 no her she super nice just dnt argue get 2 no her lol...wow im startin 2 sound like my mother
1年以上前 -3t0il3_D- said…
I wasn't arguing with her, I was agreeing with her. Sorry. ^^"
1年以上前 gossipgirlxoxo said…
link

The producer says Harper's island is based of a Story itself.
1年以上前 -3t0il3_D- said…
Damn dialup won't load it.
May I ask what story? o.o
1年以上前 jlhfan624 said…
laugh
LOL! That's right, just don't argue with me and we'll be fine!
1年以上前 JimmysGIrl said…
laugh
lol good 1
1年以上前 chels125843 said…
smile
thats what i thought when i saw the preview!!! i dont think it matters though, but im very excited to see it!! :D
1年以上前 Helen-Lover said…
ijust saw a perfect getaway it was nothing like harpers island!
1年以上前 JimmyManceLuvr said…
smile
I saw A Perfect Getaway last week and yes the summary and trailers sound like a copycat of Harper's island but its actually really different! And it has a really interesting plot. I would recommend to go see it, even if its kinda slow at first.
1年以上前 Loky said…
It's a slasher just like the idea behind Harper's so of course it sounds similar.
PS: I saw it and I think it was a crappy movie, but not especially crappy, just average degree of crappiness ;)
1年以上前 rich872 said…
smirk
anyone wanna tell me hot a perfect getaway ends?