ディズニープリンセス Unpopular ディズニー opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

ディズニープリンセス 810 返信

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 401-450 of 810

1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I honestly don't think that the Disney sequels are as bad as people make them out to be. I mean, most of them are really harmless. I mean, there aren't very many that I think are awful and I just barely have enough to make a top 10 worst Disney sequels list. Even the ones that are really bad, even the awful ones, aren't as painful as a lot of people make them out to be. I mean, none of them are even deserving to be among the top 10 worst Disney movies. I mean, I've seen A LOT of AWFUL movies, both animated and live-action, and I can tell you there are A LOT worse out there, which make the Disney sequels really look harmless. I won't deny there are some bad sequels but that doesn't mean all of them are bad. There are a lot of decent ones and even some that I would describe as great and up to regular Disney's standards (yes, I went there).
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I haven't seen all of the ディズニー sequels but that ones that I have seen weren't that bad, I've watched some of them several times and I don't mind rewatching them. 1年以上前
shanyuisboss commented…
I kind of understand what あなた mean, but in comparison to their first movies, most sequels are terrible. ディズニー is terrible at making sequels that go hand in hand with the first movie, where the アニメーション and voicing is the same, または at least very similar. And for a lot of these not "horrendous" movies, あなた are right, they aren't as horrendous as they are described to be. However, ディズニー sequels really tend to lack real substance, または things that make it like a memorable story. A lot of sequels just honestly have really awkward animation, and just screwed up characters. Yeah, there are decent ones, but they seriously seem like barely any effort was put into them. I do agree that ディズニー does have some fantastic sequels, some are even better than the originals. Lady and the Tramp 2, Peter Pan 2, Rescuers down under, and Toy story 2 are some great examples. 1年以上前
shanyuisboss commented…
Actually, I think their are もっと見る sequels that are great than the bad ones. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
First of all I agree that there are some amazing ディズニー sequels, like Peter Pan 2 and the others that shanyuisboss mentioned. The problem with the bad sequels isn't that they're so awfull imo, because some of them are actually better than a lot of 映画 I've seen. I think people hate them so much because they can't live up to the original. When あなた watch an amazing movie, a masterpiece and あなた fall in 愛 with the characters, the アニメーション and the songs, it's hard not to hate the sequel, which is so inferior and which completely destroys everything あなた adored from the first movie. 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
I actually don't mind the CGI princesses. Yes, I'd like to see more traditionally hand-drawn ones in the future, but I don't think the CGI ones are as bad as some people make them out to be.
KataraLover commented…
I don't mind CGI characters. My お気に入り fictional character (Jack Frost) is a CGI character. It's just the fact that Anna and Elsa aren't very well written and Merida becomes a faux action girl. I do still really like Merida, she just has things about her (not just being a faux action girl) that annoy me. The only one of the CGI princesses I 愛 is Rapunzel. But the way I feel about the others has nothing to do with them being CGI. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I know this is probably rude to say, but I just can't help but laugh my ass off every time I hear or see people say that Anna is a better developed and improved version of Rapunzel. I'm sorry, but in what world? The only thing Anna beats Rapunzel in is the looks department. Rapunzel actually grows, matures, and develops in her movie, Anna does not. She learns not to marry someone you just met at the last minute but that's it. Character development is non-existent in Frozen, so Anna is completely inferior to Rapunzel in my opinion. People say that Rapunzel is a Mary Sue but I ask, HOW? She has flaws! She's clumsy, awkward, insecure, shy, paranoid, a little reckless, naive, and ignorant. I hear people say she's also a Mary Sue because things come too easily to her but again, same thing happens with Anna and even Elsa. Anna is inexperienced but she's still shown as more skilled than Kristoff and constantly has to save him, who is supposed to be more skilled than her. Or Elsa being so skilled with her powers during Let It Go, despite having no real training and concealing her powers for almost all her life. Along with the fact that she conquers her anxiety and thaws the kingdom without even trying. You think that's not having things come easily to them? I'd say it's just as bad, if not worse, as it is with Rapunzel. Except, unlike Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel actually develops and matures. Plus, Anna's humor is A LOT more forced than Rapunzel's.
dimitri_ commented…
That's because Rapunzel's flaws are never shown in a negative and what people mean によって things coming easily to Rapunzel is that she never had to work for anyone's affection, not even the villain's. Like the I Got A Dream scene, all the thugs started liking her all of a sudden. And even if her flaws were shown in a negative light, she still posesses far too many characteristic traits which makes her character feel completely unorganic. I can't tell what her defining characteristic trait is while I can do that with all the other Princesses. Anna's character on the other hand has none of those issues and brings something new to the Modern Princess 表, テーブル によって 表示中 loving someone unconditionally and being desperate for affection. So she doesn't develop as much, I don't even think there's anything wrong with staying the same throughout a movie. The only thing that bothers me is rushed character development which isn't the case for Rapunzel but anyway, to each their own. 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
Rapunzel's naivety and inability to stand up to her mother (Gothel) is the negative. Unlike the negatives that Anna has (which are shown as charming, not negatives), she goes on her journey and learns to overcome it. Anna's negatives aren't shown as bad things, they're shown as her charm and things that shouldn't be fixed. Sven likes her instantly without any problems, despite that "Sven" 発言しました that "Yeah, people will beat あなた and cheat you! Everyone of them's bad, except あなた (Kristoff)!" Why did he suddenly warm up to Anna? Shouldn't he hate people like Kristoff did? She didn't even have to work had to get Kristoff to like her, just wait later in the movie and out of no where he likes her. She doesn't have to do anything to get him to like her, he just ends up liking her out of no where. Anna brings nothing new to the table. 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
and btw, all the DPs, even Merida to a degree, are idealized, so I'm OK with that, but most of the DPs have flaws and some layers to them that keep them from being Sues. it's just that with Rapunzel she isn't really portrayed as having real flaws. Anna gets a lot of hate because of her flaws, as dimitri also mentioned. she is criticized for her impulsiveness and naivete in and out of universe. 1年以上前
1年以上前 JNTA1234 said…
We technically know more about Aurora than we do about Elsa and Jasmine for that matter. Think about it, we know about their dreams and aspirations, Aurora?check Jasmine?check, we know how they react to things, Aurora?check Jasmine?check, we know what they're like in an everyday setting, Aurora?check Jasmine?nope. The thing is, we never see Jasmine in a non-conflicted setting. What does Jasmine do when she's not complaining about forced marriage, escaping palace life or grieving Aladdin's "death". Sure her personality's still strong enough to shine through but what is Jasmine like in NORMAL EVERYDAY setting? Basically, what I'm asking is what does Jasmine like to do in her spare time, her hobbies, her interests? We get to see some of this with Aurora. The only time we see Jasmine in a setting where she can just be herself is when she's brushing her hair. The problem with Jasmine is that she's dealing with conflict throughout most of her time on screen, other princesses have this problem like Cinderella, Mulan and of course Elsa. (MY TOP 4!) But all their personalities are strong enough to shine through EXCEPT Elsa and that's why I say Elsa has no personality. Because other princesses Cindy, Jas and Mulan, deal with conflict majority of their films but I can still pinpoint unique characteristics in them. Aurora would have the same problem, except she was allowed some time to be herself and showcase her personality and therefore I can find unique characteristics in her, UNlike Elsa.
last edited 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
I must disagree. All we see from Aurora in an everyday setting is how she spends time with her animal friends. We don't see what her relationship of her life with the 妖精 are like. All she does is sing and talk to animals. Jasmine's everyday setting is revealed because it's shown that she's always told where to go, what to do, and how to dress. Her only friend is Rajiah and every 分 of her life is decided for her because that's the way it was for a princess back then. Aurora didn't have every 分 of her life decided for her because she grew up as a princess and didn't have to deal with any conflict until she found out she was a princess, but even then we don't know how she reacted to it. We don't know her emotions of meeting her parents (who she likely thought were dead), becoming a princess, または having a new life with new responsibilities. 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
All we see from her conflict is that she's sad about an arrange married and not being able to be with the man she met in the forrest. Jasmine's everyday life may not be normal but she's not normal because she's ROYALTY, who don't have that kind of luxury. We don't know any of Aurora's hobbies または how she feels about her new duties as a princess, which should be something もっと見る important for the movie to talk about instead of a man she met in the forest. But I will agree that we do know もっと見る about Aurora than we do Elsa because her whole identity is her anxiety. She didn't have to deal with what ジャスミン had to deal with because she was forced to be isolated in her room to conceal her powers. ジャスミン had to be ordered what to do every 分 with royal meetings and such. In my opinion, we know もっと見る about ジャスミン than we do Elsa and Aurora but we know もっと見る about Aurora than we do Elsa. 1年以上前
shanyuisboss commented…
^I agree. 1年以上前
1年以上前 MalloMar said…
hmmm
I watch Disney/animated movies in general mainly for entertainment.
I don't analyze them nearly as much as a lot of Fanpoppers. However, I do think everyone else's debates, and observations are interesting, and they make me think a little harder about the movies.
In the end, I watch them simply to enjoy them or for "comfort."
MalloMar commented…
Sorry if that's childish または unintelligent. 1年以上前
scarletunicorn commented…
No, it's good. :) I do think some folks in here take analysis and 書く long 尻, お尻 paragraphs about these 映画 way too seriously (guilty as fuck!). ;) 1年以上前
324anna commented…
I can definitely see where you're coming from. There are some movies/characters that I love, however, I have no idea why, so I'm satisfied with simply watching them, without giving much thought to every single detail. However, when it comes to stuff like The Prince of Egypt, the Hunchback of Notre Dame または the relationship of シンデレラ and Anastasia, which are things I'm obsessed with, but I know WHY I 愛 them so much, then I like analyzing them and paying attention to small details. But, like you, while I 愛 critiquing them e.t.c., I have a very hard time expressing myself with words. So, yeah, I'm a huge social failure too. Now that I think about it, I can't even explain why I like a movie/series/character even in my freaking native language. 1年以上前
1年以上前 scarletunicorn said…
I don't really give much of a care for the Marvel movies tbh. Then again my tastes in Marvel in general just go towards Spider-man and the Mutants. So a whole movie series based on Iron Man isn't really my thing (his character is an asshole in the comics). And I don't really like sometimes these things being connected, I just wanna watch Spider-man having fun, not him acting like a drooling fanboy over Captain America. (it's easy bc if i just wanna see Spidey-only action i can just go to his comics) That's why i'm kinda cold to the whole "Spider-man has been added to the MCU woo!!" thing.
wavesurf commented…
Well, I like DC mainly because of Wonder Woman. :) Of course, that's lopsided, but hey. And while Iron Man is a jerk, true, it's better when it is an emsemble piece, like the Avengers, where the jerk-isim is spread among Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, and Hawkeye, and they are balanced によって もっと見る integrity-focused types: Captain America, Black Widow, Nick Fury, etc. The new Spiderman was meh to me. Nothing against the British actor Andrew Garfield, but I liked Tobey better. Again, the Marvel universe is full of jerk types, though. And if that isn't your thing, it's hard to like. So I get you, I do. 1年以上前
But that's the thing though (and my big problem with Marvel). Half of the characters are assholes. I know they're supposed to be "realistic", but an unlikeable can only take あなた so hard. (I think Spider-man works as a character because he's relatable without being a complete jerk (for most of the time, anyway). I guess in a way DC's characters are much もっと見る engaging because despite the odds they still go out and try to do the right thing. In Marvel they just often do things based on selfish desires もっと見る than anything 1年以上前
misscindyspice commented…
I completely disagree, but I can see where you're coming from. :) 1年以上前
I hate tumblr redesigns. I dislike when edgy tumblrinas grab classic characters and give them dyed pink hair, undercuts, piercings, tattoos and hipster clothing. they look awful.
UnholyNoise commented…
lol "tumblrinas." 1年以上前
wavesurf commented…
Those weird me out, too. especially what they do to the princes. They manage to take great looking guys and turn them into...eh? 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
Pocahontas has that tattoo on her arm. I know that's not the point and has nothing to do with this post. I just thought I'd get it out there. 1年以上前
1年以上前 dimitri_ said…
We don't discuss about this much so Idk if it's unpopular but The Disney Heroines genderbent probably make better looking men than the Heroes themselves. I mean Elsa, Pocahontas, Kida, Anna, Cinderella, Esmeralda, Tiana are all insanely hot from the ones I've seen.
dimitri_ commented…
also I don't know if it's normal that my taste in men and women have changed a lot. I don't even find Dimitri all that attractive anymore lol, guess I'm もっと見る drawn によって personality xP Idk 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
Well, Dimitri does have a horrible personality, so I guess that explains why あなた don't find him that attractive anymore, since you're drawn によって personality lol. But I agree with あなた to an extent. 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
I guess because effeminate men are usually better looking than masculine women generally. it's true, Naveen and Phoebus are just too mannish looking to look pretty! but Poca and Esmeralda make better guys to me. 1年以上前
1年以上前 MalloMar said…
I'd like to see a continuation of The Princess and the Frog in the form of an animated short or a sequel. It's
an amazing movie, and I want to see more of it as opposed to a Frozen sequel. I know, Disney sequels aren't often spectacular, so maybe just a short. The could do something about Charlotte finding love, or something having to do with Naveen's kingdom, etc.
UnholyNoise commented…
Crossing my fingers for a Charlotte-centric sequel! She'd be an excellent leading lady. I don't know if I'd want to see Tiana and Naveen head up another movie -- in my head their marriage doesn't last long. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
A PATF sequel would be the most awesome thing ever. But I would actually like to see Tiana and Naveen working things out, I imagine they would be the kind of couple that has many differencies and fights a lot, but they're still perfect for each other. I want to believe their marriage will last, besides the issues that they'll probably have. And a Charlotte-centric sequel is such an amazing idea! 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
I'd 愛 to see a sequel! I hope they make one! IMO, it should be about Tiana and Naveen being turned back into frogs while trying to stop someone avenging Dr. Falicier. And at the end, Tiana reveals she's pregnant. (OK, that MIGHT not happen, but a ファン can imagine, can't she? LOL) 1年以上前
1年以上前 UnholyNoise said…
I think that Disney should add Kida as a DP before they even think about adding Anna or Elsa.
ajotma commented…
Truuuuu 1年以上前
I can't be the only one who thinks Chernabog is hot, right? *hides* Also, I ship him hard with Maleficent.
last edited 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
Well, he's hot in a literal sense, since he basically lives in hell lol. 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
^Lol. I think I saw on some other sites where girls found him to be hot. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I know for sure this is an unpopular Disney opinion, despite the critical acclaim and love it gets, I think Wall-E is a legit awful movie! I don't know why people love it so much. Yes, the environmental message is good and they only hammer it in a little bit and the animation is pretty (it's freaking pixar, so of course it does), but it's still an awful movie to me. The romance is poorly done and they lack chemistry, the characters are either boring or annoying, the villain comes out of nowhere, it's not engaging, it doesn't have much creativity to it, the writing is clunky, the main characters don't talk (which wouldn't be a problem if the characters were engaging or interesting), and is really BORING and DULL! Whenever I watch the movie, even when I first saw it and am usually wide away for even awful movies, I have a hard time sitting through it without falling asleep. It's a complete SNORE FEST! I mean, one of the problems (in my opinion anyway, which seems to be unpopular) in Spirit was that the animals didn't talk. However, it was still a good movie because at least the animals still had interesting personalities. But the characters in Wall-E that don't talk are either boring or annoying in my opinion, especially the villains and the two main characters. The only things I like about it are that fat couple are both cute characters and a cute couple, the animation is pretty (but Pixar has done MUCH better animation), the message is good (but not executed very well), and I do also kind of like the Captain and his curiosity with Earth. But overall, while unpopular opinion, I think it's a genuinely awful movie. It's not just because I hate it because I hate Mary Poppins but I think it's a brilliantly well-done and genuinely good movie.
MalloMar commented…
I started watching it, got 15 分 in and never finished. I could try again. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
I haven't watched Wall-E since a long time, but from what I remember the movie was indeed a snore fest. I wouldn't call it awful, but definitely overrated and the robots were incredibly boring. In Spirit, the whole main-characters-don't-talk thing worked incredibly well, in my opinion, because the 馬 made human-like expressions, had distinct personalities and it was generally very easy to understand how they felt and what they wanted to say. Also, it had the narration, which, while it could be annoying at times, was very helpful and helped us learn もっと見る about Spirit. 1年以上前
wanderingchild7 commented…
I actually liked it, but I can absolutely see your point. It can be boring and there are parts that sometimes I just skip. I actually really liked the 愛 story part! So it's not the movie that I would watch over and over again but I liked it. But don't give my opinion too much credit. For me everything that includes a footage of the 歌う Michael Crawford (you know, that scene from Hello Dolly what Wall-E is always watching) is just pure gold. :D :D 1年以上前
1年以上前 UnholyNoise said…
As I said on the CAMH version of this, I think Facilier is pretty attractive. Not as hot as Naveen but dude's got some undeniable charisma.
KataraLover commented…
I personally think he's ugly but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I mean I can understand why people think アナスタシア Tremaine is ugly because she's definitely not conventionally pretty but I think she's beautiful in an unconventional way. Though it's her inner beauty that I do 愛 most and that beauty is conventional. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
Facililer has an amazing eye color. His character デザイン is cool, in my opinion. 1年以上前
winterina commented…
Daddy issues 1年以上前
And talking about overrated Pixar movies...I never got the appeal of Up, nor Toy Story 3. I never really liked Up nor connected with it, it always seemed a pretentious film to me (it seems to be made for only the critics of Hollywood (old white men) to like), and Toy Story 3, it seemed a little too melodramatic and took itself too seriously at times to be enjoyable. And I could never connect with the audience who was all "omg my childhood!! i'm crying!!" at the end. I mean I cried, but mostly because I felt so sad for the toys (characters that I DO like), who loved Andy so much and would miss him dearly. I didn't tear up because I "saw" myself in that ending, giving away my childhood to prepare for adulthood. I never saw it, but apparently the rest of the world did.
dimitri_ commented…
I'm not a ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ ファン in general but Up is probably my 秒 お気に入り ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ movie after MonstersU. As for Toy Story 3, meh I'm not much of a ファン of the trilogy. Although the ending was kinda a tear jerker lol I just 愛 crying in movies. 1年以上前
I tend to like ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ films in general. The only ones who I found to be really boring were the two Cars, the two Monsters Inc, Toy Story 3, Wall-E and Up. I 愛 all the other ones 1年以上前
UnholyNoise commented…
@KL: I sort of agree with あなた about Dreamworks -- nearly everything from シュレック on is bad または average--including HTTYD. But to me, their 2D canon is easily better than anything ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ has done because I like character-driven stuff better. I feel like ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ is overly moralisitic and もっと見る concerned with the premise of a story than in making characters that make me want to keep watching. Like it's cool to see how ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ handles all their what-ifs, but it doesn't make me want to re-watch most of their films because I don't care about a lot of their characters; they're mostly interchangeable to me. 1年以上前
1年以上前 MalloMar said…
I prefer Giselle with Prince Edward. XD
324anna commented…
I really like them together. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
I like Robert, too, but Ed is hilariously cute. ^_^ 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I'm not sure if this is unpopular opinion or not but whenever I'm debating, I'm never really trying to change someones opinion, especially since I know that I'm likely not to. Anyway I've changed someones opinion it's always a surprise to me. I'm just trying to share my point of view, I'm usually blunt about it that makes it seem rude but I'm not trying to be rude. Usually if I meet someone on Fanpop who agrees with everything I say (which only happened with two users) it freaks me out. Luckily, I find plenty of differences between us, which makes me relieved. I think most people would be happy to have someone who agrees with them on everything but I really don't. I mean, that's basically like just being with me and I don't want to be with me, I'M WITH ME ALL THE TIME! I love hearing different opinions and sharing different opinions because they can tell me something I've never thought of or I could be sharing with them something they've never thought about.
324anna commented…
I think you're much もっと見る mature than people give あなた credit for. But anyway, I completely agree, if we all had the same opinions, our world would be incredibly boring. The only thing that may annoy me when I'm talking with someone else, is when they use the world "hate" for something. Sometimes it's justified and I admit I've done that too a few times in the past, but it generally makes me really sad when someone hates something that I love. I won't try to change his または her opinion, I will respect him and listen carefully to what he has to say, but, I dunno, people use the word "hate" far too easily in my opinion. Especially for things like 映画 and fictional characters, unless they're racist または in any other way offending, I find it quite unnecessary to say that あなた hate them. 1年以上前
1年以上前 JNTA1234 said…
Jasmine is not independent, I give her credit for choosing to leave the palace all on her own and not just doing out of spite (Ariel) or waiting for an opportunity to present itself (Rapunzel). But she does depend on Aladdin a lot and while she gets points for trying her best, ultimately she's not an independent princess.

Aurora is not kind. I see this word used to describe her a lot. Yeah, it's technically not true, there's no real evidence of this. She's not unkind but she doesn't explicitly display kindness either. Obedient and polite yes, kind, no. And yes, there is a difference.

Snow White is not shy. Yeah, I really don't see where people get this from. I think some people just automatically equate her childlike appearance and high-pitched voice with shyness. She's one of the LEAST shy princesses actually.

Cinderella is not all that passive. Okay, I was guilty of saying this myself back in the old days but now I see that her passivity is all that bad. In fact, I'd say she's kinda passive aggressive. Aurora's more passive.

I wouldn't say Ariel's not brave but I think fearless is a better word. She's a daredevil risk taker, doing dangerous things seems like a casual thing for her, remains very calm during a shark attack, that's great but it's not really bravery. She's does display some courage but not to the point where it's noteworthy.

Rapunzel is not funny
Belle is not perfect
Tiana is not mean
POCAHONTAS IS NOT SMART!

Mulan is not a tomboy. Yes, we've been through this many times, she's not. Honestly, calling her a tomboy is like calling Velma from Scooby Doo or Raven from Teen Titans a tomboy. I can understand where people are coming from when they say that however, it's really not the case.
last edited 1年以上前
Yes, ムーラン is もっと見る nerdy and a little awkward than an outright tomboy. I guess if we had to compare to someone, she would be one of those girls who are well meaning but kinda disorganized (messy room, getting up late), who doesn't put up makeup または anything and she likes it that way. 1年以上前
sarchasm commented…
I agree with all of these to some extent, honestly. I too used to see シンデレラ as passive, but then I read Romeo and Juliet, and my opinion about characters who don't have much opportunity to be proactive changed a little bit. And I definitely agree on the thing about Snow White —— people think she's shy because she hid from the Prince when he climbed the wall, but it was probably just because she was embarrassed about her ragged clothes at first, または something. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I honestly don't see any problem with someone constantly making polls about a certain character or movie that they love. I've seen people get upset because they're annoyed by their obsession. So what? Just ignore it! I mean, isn't it better to obsess over something positive than to obsess over something negative? If someone is bugged by an obsession I have, I really don't care because it's not my problem. If someone is bugged over an obsession someone has than maybe they shouldn't be on here, since people are supposed to be allowed to express their love and opinion over things they enjoy.
UnholyNoise commented…
Do people really complain about that?? I thought obsessing over characters was kind of the point of fanpop... 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
Yes, believe it または not. When I was in my obsession of Lola Bunny from 宇宙 ジャム there that this whole big thing like I had just dropped the atomic bomb. I was accused of spamming, despite that I 投稿されました it on the CAMH's club where the topic is completely relevant. 1年以上前
UnholyNoise commented…
Wow, that's dumb. The point of ファンポップ is to talk about what you're a ファン of and connect with other fans. As long as it fits with what the group is aboout it should definitely be fair game. I don't get why people complain about stuff like that -- if あなた don't like something then don't freaking read it, instead of trying to control what other people post. 1年以上前
ajotma commented…
I feel like I kinda annoy people because of how much I talk about The Iron Giant and Atlantis, and those don't have many other fans. 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
This may've been said, but I'll go ahead and say it. I'd love to see a sequel to Brave. About the love interest-if they add one, great. If they don't, that's fine too.
1年以上前 MalloMar said…
Merida would probably be low on my DP list if I had one, but I love seeing her high/first on other users' lists.
UnholyNoise commented…
:) she's 秒 on mine, right after tiana. 1年以上前
reflection11 commented…
I agree! She's 6th on mine but when I see her higher, it makes me happy:D 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
She's on the verge being my お気に入り DP sometimes. 1年以上前
1年以上前 324anna said…
I don't find Belle perfect. It's true that the whole "She's the weirdest girl in town and everyone talks about her and omg she's so gorgeous" thing at the beginning is pretty Mary Suish (although I really don't like using that term), but I find her a very interesting character and actually, I love her because she has the same flaws with me.

She's lonely, but it's partly her fault, since she finds everyone else too "simple" for her tastes, so she always stays by herself. There are obviously more people who read in the town, but she's not willing to try and make some friends. In my opinion, she has the special snowflake syndrom, where she kind of thinks she's better than anyone else, more intellectual and independent. She takes pride in being "weird". She wants so much more than a simple, boring life, but she doesn't really do anything about it.

She's just so influenced by her books that she feels like a book heroine herself and I have a feeling that maybe Disney made her on purpose seem a bit "too perfect" at the beginning, because that's how she sees herself too, in a way.

To sum up, Belle is a hipster. xD
last edited 1年以上前
UnholyNoise commented…
A lot of people don't understand what a Mary Sue is. It's about もっと見る than being idealized, which Belle is definitely presented as being. It's about having an inordinate amount of the plot revolve around you. That's why even though I 愛 Hunchback, Esmeralda is definitely a Mary Sue. I like her and all, but all the dudes in town are in 愛 with her to some degree (one guy will even burn the whole city just to find her), and she has no flaws even in the informed sense. But the thing that puts her into Mary Sue land is that in addition to all of that,, there isn't an arc in the 移動する that doesn't revolve around her. HOND is much もっと見る about her than it is about Quasimodo who is supposed to be the main protagonist. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
^ I corrected it now, so that it says "I don't think Belle is perfect", in case there's any confusion, although I always thought a Mary Sue was a girl who was idealised, but also didn't have any flaws, which in my opinion is not true about Belle. I do agree that Esmeralda is a Mary Sue though, and although I'd argue she has some flaws (she's reckless, manipulative and some other stuff that I want to write an 記事 about), I can't deny that the movie practically shoves in our faces how amazing she is. And that comes from someone who has her as her お気に入り animated female. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
^ Yeah, when I called her hipster I meant it as a negative trait. :P 1年以上前
1年以上前 MalloMar said…
hmmm
It bothers me that people scream "Incest, ew!" whenever The Lion King II: Simba's Pride is brought up. It is clearly stated in the movie that Kovu is NOT Scar's son, and is most likely not related to Kiara. Why doesn't anyone look at the first movie from that point of view? It's likely that Nala's father is Mufasa or Scar, both related to Simba, but that doesn't bother anyone. Of course, her father could be a rogue lion, but it's common for the male of a pride to have multiple mates. I guess I shouldn't put lion logic in a movie about talking animals, but I think people think of them too much as humans (which in a way, makes sense because they have human emotions and use dialogue).
324anna commented…
I think we should stop putting too much thought into this. Like あなた said, they're 動物 that talk and think like people, so whether we think of them as lions または as humans, something will always not make sense. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
As someone who was once a TLK fanatic, I know this is argued about ALL THE TIME. At least it was. :| 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
^I'm saying her father is most likely either Mufasa または Scar no matter how odd it sounds. *shrug* Point is, the first movie is もっと見る likely to have incest than the second. 1年以上前
1年以上前 324anna said…
I think Esmeralda should be the main character in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm not sure since I never actually finished the book, but I always thought she was the protagonist in Victor Hugo's novel. And yeah, I am definitely a little bit biased since she's my favorite animated female, but, while I adore Quasimodo, I believe it would make much more sense if she was the main character, seeing as the story is about her anyway.

Like UnholyNoise pointed out in a comment to another confession I made, the whole movie revolves around her. She influences Quasimodo, Phoebus and Frollo and she is the cause behind these three guys' actions.

Also, while I love her to bits, the movie practically screams to us "Oh look! Look how awesome and sweet and selfless and badass and misunderstood she is!". I do think she has flaws, but I can see why so many people find her too perfect. So while I already find her an interesting character, I think she had so much more potential, if only she was given more screentime.

(btw HOND is my favorite animated movie, so it's not like I don't like it because it has Quasimodo as a protagonist, he's awesome, I just wanted to say that it could have been done in a different way and still turn out amazing, at least in my humble opinion)
dimitri_ commented…
Although HOND is a terrific movie on its own, that's not a bad idea :) I'm actually not that fond of Quasi, I do feel sympathy but his character feels like I'm forced to feel bad for him. 1年以上前
1年以上前 AudreyFreak said…
I prefer sequel-Mulan to original Mulan. and I like the idea of her becoming a teacher (a job I think suits her way more than the usual ones people suggest like a karate instructor or whatnot) and getting married.
324anna commented…
If she appeared only in the sequel, I wouldn't have any major problem with ムーラン from ムーラン 2. However, her character is so completely different than the one we saw and loved in the original, that I can't not dislike her. Can I ask why do あなた prefer her than the ムーラン of the first movie? 1年以上前
I thought she was alright, but I don't think why she'd be against arranged marriage, considering she volunteered to one in the first film (Honor to Us All). It didn't work out, but... 1年以上前
324anna commented…
^ Agreed. 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
she's just もっと見る interesting I guess, now that she's mature and confident in a relationship with Shang. I liked that she was getting married and enjoyed teaching kids considering everyone acts like she's a big tomboy who would never marry または care to teach kids. 1年以上前
1年以上前 dimitri_ said…
Cinderella is in my top 5 for most of my lists- role models, beauty, wardrobes, favorites, etc.
324anna commented…
She's in my 上, ページのトップへ 3 in many of those lists. :) 1年以上前
reflection11 commented…
I think me too 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
I don't get why people say The Lion King and Frozen are the same movie. Every time I see that theory, I'm like "What in the living hell do you mean?". I think they're 2 TOTALLY different movies. To me, the whole damn comparison thing on those movies sounds confusing.
dimitri_ commented…
They are just 表示中 the similarities with the 2 most successful ディズニー 映画 is all :) 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
Personally I find those remarks clever 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I think that Frozen is a genuinely awful movie. The writing is beyond lazy, it has TONS of plot-holes that are never explained, it's sexist towards men, Anna and Kristoff have no chemistry and are a horrible couple, I feel absolutely NOTHING for Anna and Elsa's relationship, the Hans reveal was STUPID and out of nowhere, the trolls are annoying as hell, the characters don't have conversations like normal people, they hammer in the message about not marrying someone you just met, the villains are lame, it's rushed, the characters are one-dimensional and don't develop, we don't get to know the characters, I can't get into the Arendelle atmosphere, the songs (while great) don't transition well, and the humor is just horrible. If people think Rapunzel and the movie Tangled are forced and over-the-top, Anna and the movie Frozen are a MILLION TIME more forced and over-the-top than they are.
last edited 1年以上前
reflection11 commented…
I actually agree with you, except for I 愛 the characters. It, objectively, it quite awful. In all honesty, I 愛 it anyway!!! 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
Many complain about how hard it is to think up lists and say that hate doing it. However, I actually LOVE to think up lists. I find it to be REALLY fun and will usually make a list for anything.
dimitri_ commented…
I'm one of those people. It's contradicting but I really do 愛 making lists, about anything really I just 愛 doing it. But truth is, I iniatially didn't have most of them figured out and that's why it's the most frustrating thing ever. あなた want to have a 一覧 but あなた want to get done analyzing and whatnot. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
I want to have lists, but my indecisiveness is pretty much Pocahontasx1000! 1年以上前
ajotma commented…
I'm just really indecisive. It changes all the time. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I think people are WAAAAAAAAAY TOO HARD on Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams. I mean, I'm never one to say that Disney is just for kids but this movie actually was just intended for little girls. I mean, the message isn't subtle, it acts like a Disney junior show (like Sofia The First), and the beginnings and endings of both of Aurora and Jasmine's stories have Aurora and Jasmine talking to the audience. IT'S MEANT FOR LITTLE GIRLS! I give things like this a pass because I'm not the target audience for this movie and neither is anyone who complains about it. Besides, it's definitely not awful as everyone says or even that bad. It's harmless and again, WE'RE NOT THE TARGET AUDIENCE! When you see the words Disney Princess and the trailers show a cheesy message is in it, don't hold it to such high standards and realize that little girls are meant to be who it's meant for. It's not like Sleeping Beauty or Aladdin where it's meant for people of all ages. Besides, I think it did a decent job of developing Aurora's personality.
Angelica_AW commented…
Agreed. But I actually like the movie. It's adorable. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
^ 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
I haven't watched it but I agree about noticing the target audience 1年以上前
324anna commented…
^ 1年以上前
1年以上前 JNTA1234 said…
I once saw someone call Tangled "Dreamworky". Huh? It's not. I'd say it's the MOST Disney-esque non-classic DP movie next to The Little Mermaid. It is because it's CGI? Alot of people call PATF the odd one out when it comes to the moderns but I'd say Tangled. Other than the modern slang, it FEELS the most like Disney to me
last edited 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
I'd say メリダとおそろしの森 is the Dreamworksy film of the ディズニー Princess films. I mean 2012 always seemed like the three most 人気 films (Brave, Wreck-It Ralph, and Rise of The Guardians) were released によって the wrong companies. メリダとおそろしの森 seemed もっと見る like a Dreamworks film, Wreck-It Ralph seemed もっと見る like a ピクサー・アニメーション・スタジオ film, and Rise of The Guardians seemed もっと見る like a Walt ディズニー movie. 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
Probably with the celebrity voice actors, intentional jokes and modern twist? I'm just guessing though, I don't have much of an opinion on this. 1年以上前
1年以上前 dimitri_ said…
I think Gaston is one of the greatest villains. He's more than meets the eye and I sometimes feel like the only one who loves him.
dimitri_ commented…
it's dirstubing thinking of how he would blackmail Belle if she had accepted his hand in marriage and frankly, sexual assault should not be taken so lightly. how he's viewed as the good guy which puts Belle and Beast rejects of society 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
He truly is despicable to turn the village against Maurice/Belle. I like him because he's hilarious (I think so, anyway). 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
I'm neutral toward Gaston. He's got an AWESOME 歌う voice, though! 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
Call me a purist, because I'd like to see the original 6 DP on more merchandise again.
coolsinger198 commented…
I don't really like that because I like the current lineup now, with all 11 girls, もっと見る of a diversity ya know. 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
^ That IS true. 1年以上前
reflection11 commented…
I'd like to see the original 8 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
^ They HAVE done that. It's very rare, unfortunately. :( 1年以上前
1年以上前 Diazdiaz95 said…
I know that Sven seems to be based on Maximus but I still much prefer him to Maximus. Maximus is like the devil horse, he can be quite annoying and uptight, he is way too dutiful. He goes to such big extremes, it's scary. Sven on the other hand is fun loving and friendly, Kristoff's best friend. He's lovable and cute. I don't hate Maximus but he's my favorite character in Tangled and I actually like Sven, though he isn't my favorite Frozen character. Ooh, here is a big unpopular opinion here on Fanpop, I still like Frozen and I never disliked it although it has never been my favorite. I see its flaws but I don't mind them because the film still entertains me.
JNTA1234 commented…
I tend to forget that Sven's is even there. To be honest. 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
same here. And I 愛 that he doesn't take up screen time unlike Max, who annoys me to no end. even the dog-behavior is better done with Sven. they just tried too hard to make Max funny and it was too forced. like "OMG LOOK, this horse is a cop and acts like a dog everyone laugh at it!" 1年以上前
UnholyNoise commented…
I rather like 馬 -- または other animated 動物 -- who seem smart but don't talk. I think Altivo from The Road to El Dorado outshines them both, though. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
I slightly dislike Maximus, I'm neutral about Sven, but Altivo is a brilliant character. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I think Disney fans that complain about the show Once Upon A Time are REALLY overly-sensitive and nitpicky. "OH AURORA'S A BRUNETTE!" or "OH BEAST IS RUMPELSTILTSKIN!" or whatever! It's not meant to be the same! If the stories were exactly the same as the animated movies, why watch the show at all? It's a different interpretation and it bugs me how some Disney fans, especially huge fans of the classics, are basically all like "NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I DON'T WANT CHANGE IN MY DISNEY CHARACTERS! EVERYTHING IN MY UTOPIA NOSTALGIA IS SUPPOSED TO STAY THE SAME!" I mean, I hate that Ariel didn't become a main character but that doesn't stop me from loving it. Plus people complaining that it was supposed to be about something, something. BIG FREAKING DEAL! I'm sorry if I come across as rude but I just had to say this.
dimitri_ commented…
My thoughts exactly. I mean, I never really got into the 表示する but when I hear the complaints, that's what I usually reply with. Like the アンケート about ムーラン being in 愛 with Aurora. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
I couldn't agree more. Like あなた said, it is supposed to be a DIFFERENT interpretation. 1年以上前
WinterSpirit809 commented…
I sometimes even 愛 the OUAT interpretation better. I mean the whol reason I don't like the アナと雪の女王 storyline was I was exactly the same which made it really boring 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
What if they created a princess with mind-control powers? I was laying in bed last night thinking about that and I was like "I need to put this in the confession forum.". Honestly, I think it'd be kinda cool if they did that.
KataraLover commented…
Not really. Because either she'd be flawless and can beat the villain in 秒 flat または they'd make it seem like she doesn't even have powers because the villain kicks her 尻, お尻 または she'll seem もっと見る like a villain. It would be better to have a villain with mind-control powers than a princess because it would just cause a lot of plot holes and problems in the movie if it was the princess. 1年以上前
So, Jean Grey as a princess? That'd be cool. Only the villain would have to have powers as well as her, otherwise the climax would end up being really unfair on one side. 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
^ Thanks. 1年以上前
1年以上前 dimitri_ said…
My favorite Princess when I was a kid was Jasmine by far and she remained my fave until I turned 18. I also liked Mulan and Snow White. I was a weird kid I guess because these aren't generally little girls' favorites from what I read and see. Anyone else?
dimitri_ commented…
If Tiana existed, she would probably have been up there because she cooks a lot. 1年以上前
UnholyNoise commented…
I'm so glad PATF came out when I was in college; i don't think i would have appreciated Tiana as a kid. 1年以上前
truth76 commented…
I like ムーラン and Snow White but not Jasmine. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
Snow White and ジャスミン were my お気に入り as a little kid, too! Then again, it was mostly because I had an obsession with black hair, as opposed to my common, average blonde hair. XD I didn't know about ムーラン until a couple years later, but she pretty much was my お気に入り from then on. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
Elsa is NOT as dutiful as people think she is. Not only does she run away from her problems and never faces them, but she did that before she revealed her powers. "But it's only for today," NO IT'S NOT ELSA! You're the QUEEN, you're going to have to talk to and see people because that's part of your duties as QUEEN! She can't just be crowned at her coronation and just never have to deal with any duties but that's exactly what she thinks she can do. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way and it shows that she's not dutiful.
reflection11 commented…
I never understood that either. 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
I don't hear people say Elsa is dutiful 1年以上前
1年以上前 UnholyNoise said…
This is more related to the DP board, but I feel like "feminist" is often used as a four-letter word around here. And it makes feminists like me feel sort of unwelcome.
last edited 1年以上前
Silverrose1991 commented…
A four-letter word? Sorry, I don't got the witty humor here. But I do agree with you. I think many feminists unfairly crificize the princess based solely on merchandising, without having seen the movie in a long time - sometimes they've never seen it. However, just as many of them give fair, constructive crificism and make justified demands. (Sorry if this is messily put together and bellow my usual standart. I'm going to ベッド now.) 1年以上前
Oh, I think I may have gotten the joke now. Does the word begin with a "S"? 1年以上前
UnholyNoise commented…
あなた make good points. and "four letter word" means that people throw that word around like an insult. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
As a feminist, I feel the same way sometimes, but I understand that when people on this spot complain about feminists, they mean the ones who, like Gus said, unfairly criticize the DPs, especially the classics. 1年以上前
1年以上前 JNTA1234 said…
Since we're on a feminist kick right now. Why do people think Jasmine is one of the most feminist princesses? I LOVE Jasmine, she's my #2 but I'll be one of the first people to admit she's not one of the strongest princesses from a feminist standpoint. I think I have an idea for an article in near future.

1. She has to rescued by Aladdin, she can't even walk through a market casually without needing his help.
2. She has a habit of humiliating men, and yes it has more to do with status than gender but she makes generalizations and assumptions about her suitors, which kinda goes against one of the things feminism stands for.
3. She makes an independent decision to leave her palace but she doesn't make any progress, she ends up right back to where she was.
4. She TALKS about her rights as a human being but doesn't take much action. Especially considering most of the talking is complaining, not reasoning.
5. She tries to contribute some heroism which is admirable but fails miserably at every turn.
6. And it is ultimately Aladdin that drives the Sultan to get rid off of the marriage law, not years of Jasmine voicing her complaints.

So she uses her voice, very aggressively, but that doesn't cause any affect. She tries to be independent by running away, instead of handling her conflict diplomatically a la Poca or Merida, and ends depending on a man, Aladdin, not only to rescue her from danger several times but to resolve her conflict of forced marriage. Yeah, not that feminist in my opinion, I still love her though.
last edited 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
Agreed. 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
I agree too, she would be a lot higher if she put her money where her mouth is. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
I completely agree. She has good intentions, but all her plans fail miserably and she ends up depending entirely on the men of the movie. 1年以上前
incisron commented…
Have to agree. 1年以上前
1年以上前 Isabellagirl033 said…
Am I the only one here, who doesnt like Maleficent (2014).
The story was sort of lame........I mean Maleficent was originally a badass disney villian and this movie turned her totally into someone else.
Bonus: Elle fanning is very annoying.
 Am I the only one here, who doesnt like Maleficent (2014). The story was sort of lame........I mean
MalloMar commented…
Believe me, you're not the only one. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't my cup of お茶, 紅茶 for numerous reasons. Many users here dislike it. 1年以上前
dimitri_ commented…
Yeah I hear mostly negative things about it on here, I personally liked it. 1年以上前
incisron commented…
I thought ti sucked even before watching Sleeping Beauty. 1年以上前
I've never found the song "You'll be in my heart" from Tarzan to be romantic.
KataraLover commented…
It was never meant to be a romantic song. It was meant to be a family song between Tarzan and Kala. Phil Collins actually wrote it for his daughter, Lily Collins. 1年以上前
Aang_Lite commented…
Wait, people think that it's romantic? I thought it was always supposed to be about a parent/child relationship like KL said. "For one so small, あなた seem so strong... I will be there, don't あなた cry" Be pretty weird if あなた where 歌う that to your lover... 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
Yeah, never thought it was supposed to be romantic. Beautiful song. 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
Am I the only one who DIDN'T see Princess Leia joining the lineup when Disney bought Star Wars?
Yeah, it'd never happen. She's live-action, for one, and despite ディズニー trying their best with the CGI princesses, a live action princess would stand out from the line way too much. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
^ 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
No, me too. even if she was animated I find Leia overrated and not really appealing to most kids except boys who will tolerate any girl with a gun. 1年以上前
Besides, Marvel and 星, つ星 Wars have their own...touch, their own very "un-Disney" essence. They're もっと見る action-packed/less whimsical than the typical Disney/Pixar, so any mixture of those two franchises with ディズニー will always come out looking odd. 1年以上前
1年以上前 dimitri_ said…
I would like to see a DP couple where the girl is older than the the guy. I know that's the case of certain Disney couples e.g. Kida/Milo, Meg/Herc but with K/M, it's only a technical thing and there's no actual proof for M/H.
324anna commented…
I agree, it would be interesting. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I think people mistake overrated with not personally caring much for the character or the movie. I mean, I hate the movie Mary Poppins because it bores me, I can't get into the characters, and the songs just come out of nowhere (even for musical standards). However, I think it's a brilliantly well-done movie that deserves all the praise and popularity that it gets, even if it doesn't really do anything for me. I mean, I like the movie Hercules but it is a genuinely flawed and bad movie, but I still enjoy it. I mean, that's not to say there isn't overrated stuff out there, for lack of a better example, FROZEN! It's poorly done and I don't get the appeal other than the songs and animation. I know this confession is kind of confusing but I just had to share this.
JNTA1234 commented…
I think I get what you're saying. I 愛 Elsa, she's one of my お気に入り but I still agree with ALL the criticism towards her. ALL of them. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I still 愛 her though. 1年以上前
AudreyFreak commented…
that, and 人気 things. または things they simply dislike. in other words, people use words they don't understand (nothing new really, haha). アナと雪の女王 is objectively overrated I think. he had a lot, a LOT, of hype- being compared to classics like TLK and (the objectively well done mainly) BATB, constantly praised for the soundtrack, characters, being so different, etc. but it didn't live up to much if any of that. I've heard people call SB overrated simply because they find it boring. that's fine, but it's nowhere near 人気 または talked about enough to ever be that. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
Agreed 100%. 1年以上前
Often times, when I see people depicting Elsa as being cruel to the other princesses for falling in love with men they just met, it just seems like they ignore Elsa's character and project their insecurities onto her (not all, but some single people have this mentality of "fuck those bitches with boyfriends/girlfriends they're all a bunch of sluts for not dating me!")
incisron commented…
Yes, I don't remember Elsa ever bashing または shunning men. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I know people are going to disagree with me on this but I think Hercules is a genuinely bad movie but it's a bad movie that I like. I enjoy the music, the villain, most of the characters, and the animation is beautiful (though the designs suck). Hercules himself is okay but he's pretty much a meathead that has no common sense and relies too much on his strength and never learns to use his head, even though Phil keeps on telling him to. Shouldn't he know after the first time he did it that cutting the head of the hydra wasn't going to work? Plus those dang plot holes and bad story writing really makes it a bad movie but it's one that I enjoy. It's not something that's in my top 50 favorite Disney movies but I still enjoy it a lot but I admit that it's a genuinely bad movie.
UnholyNoise commented…
it's pretty poor quality, especially stacked against the アニメーション and pacing of the renaissance movies. it's like アラジン turned up to 11,000. and the dialogue is terrible -- like i 愛 meg as a character, but i kind of want to パンチ whoever wrote her lines, they're so over-the top, she's almost like a parody of '90s animated heroines -- in fact, all the characters seem like stock-character parodies -- and i'm sure it's (mostly) unintentional. a lot the humor is locked into the '90s too and honestly, i think the movie is aging badly because of it. 1年以上前
MaidofOrleans commented…
I've only seen it once, and that was last year. I was so excited for it because so many people 愛 it, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. The only characters I truly enjoyed were Hades and the Muses. 1年以上前
wavesurf commented…
I prefer Hercules to The Princess and The Frog and Frozen. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
Aurora isn't as mysterious as people would like to believe. When I think of a mysterious character I think of characters like Black Widow from The Avengers movies. I mean, we know her personality but we didn't know her past until Age of Ultron. It explains why she is the way she is but still left us wanting more. People say Aurora is three-dimensional and mysterious because we have to guess what her personality is and basically project themselves onto her. She's basically a blank slate. Not knowing much about her personality doesn't make her mysterious or three-dimensional, it's actually the exact opposite and it more bad writing in my opinion. Aurora does have a personality but it's one-dimensional. If I didn't know better, I'd say that's why people hate the Keys To The Kingdom version of her where they give her a three-dimensional personality, which means they can no longer guess what her personality is or project themselves onto her. I even saw someone on youtube actually admit that they love Aurora so much because she's a blank slate.
sarchasm commented…
Well, I don't know if ディズニー did that intentionally, but the "blank slate" thing is 人気 in fiction. Often main characters won't be 与えられた much personality so the viewer can project themselves onto that character. 1年以上前
324anna commented…
After giving it a lot of thought, I think I agree with you. Aurora is not mysterious, she's just boring. 1年以上前
anukriti2409 commented…
I absolutely agree with you! She has no depth like human. She's so one dimensional 1年以上前
1年以上前 mhs1025 said…
(If there's already a princess with this, humor me.) What if they created a princess with anger issues? I'm saying this out of context because of 2 things. 1. It'd give girls with anger issues someone to relate to. 2. You guys have NO IDEA how MAD my brother made me today! (Kinda personal, but still, y'all should get my point.)
last edited 1年以上前
KataraLover commented…
Well, go watch a Miss Piggy karate chopping video to 表示する あなた a female character with anger issues lol. 1年以上前
Merida has some anger issues, imo (but this is just my analysis). Personally, I wouldn't like a princess with major anger issues. I watch DP to be happy, among other things, and I want the heroine to be happy, または at least calm. 1年以上前
mhs1025 commented…
^ I wasn't threatining you, I was just simply giving あなた a warning. Besides, I already apologized to あなた on my ウォール when あなた thanked me for your birthday wish. 1年以上前
1年以上前 JNTA1234 said…
I've never had a problem with portrayal of men in Frozen. The portrayal of men in Brave is what offends me as a male and I find extremely sexist. The vulgar, idiotic representation of adult men as crude immature simpletons who are constantly played up as a joke.

At least the men in Frozen are meant to be taken seriously. All the characters in Frozen, male and female, are equally two dimensional. Anna is a walking statement of "modern normal perfect girl to relate to" while Kristoff is "scruffy unconventional perfect guy". So they're equal. Elsa just serves as an audience avatar to "inspire" people and Hans just serves as a device to enforce the "it's not about boys" half in the movie's "it's not about boys, it's about sisters" message. So all four of them are equal, all four of them are mentally unstable, all four of them are portrayed as competent. The point is, with exception of Mr. Weasel whatever is his name, we're SUPPOSED to take the men in Frozen seriously, not as a joke like all the men in Brave. We're supposed to take Kristoff and Hans seriously as a hero and a villain. I agree that Frozen perpetuates stupid, poor and messed up ideas of feminism but it's portrayal of men is not one of them.
last edited 1年以上前
Aang_Lite commented…
Hmm, I can sort of see where you're getting at, but I would have to disagree. Sure, the men in メリダとおそろしの森 are used primarily for comic relief. This is mainly because the story revolves around two woman and their journey to understand each other. As a result, in order to balance the story, the majority of the characters are men. And when they appear they are used to lighten the story. If that was the only thing we see of the men in Brave, I would agree with you. But あなた are forgetting the vital part that Fergus plays in the film. He’s supportive, he’s the one who raised his daughter to be tough and independent and he actually proves to be a good example of a husband who isn’t domineering, and who helps the girl find her own path. There’s a scene in the movie where he encourages Elinor to work through her issues with their daughter. 1年以上前
Aang_Lite commented…
Although it’s a bit silly with how he imitates Merida to get Elinor to role-play, the underlying message is that he’s using humor to get his wife to open up, and he’s doing it all to help mend their relationship. That is not a man who is merely a comic relief idiot. 1年以上前
incisron commented…
The portrayal of men as dumb brutes who are unfit to marry a "strong, independent, superior woman'" was disgusting. 1年以上前
1年以上前 KataraLover said…
I personally like Shanti better in the sequel to The Jungle Book than I do in the original. She has more of a three-dimensional personality. She's responsible and she does fear the jungle (for obvious reasons) but she also has a fun and sassy personality and tries to overcome her fear in order to help a friend (even if the friend is mad at her). I never understood why people disliked her so much but loved her in the original movie. She was just a plot device in the original and was just there to lure Mowgli into the village in a way that makes him seem very shallow and emotionless about leaving his home. In the sequel she has an actual identity.
mhs1025 commented…
I've always heard people thinking of her as annoying and such. But that's just from MY perspective because I haven't seen the whole movie. 1年以上前
MalloMar commented…
I like her in both movies, but もっと見る so in the sequel. I agree with you. I like that she seems to be a stick in the mud, but later reveals that she has fears and she genuinely cares about her friend. 1年以上前