ディズニープリンセス Unpopular ディズニー opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

ディズニープリンセス 813 返信

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 801-813 of 813

·7 か月前 KataraLover said…
I DON'T think that Varian from Tangled: The Series is a good or compelling villain AT ALL! In his early appearances, before he became a villain, he was a likable enough character. However, when he became a villain, the problems with his character were multifold. First being that the way he decided that Rapunzel and her allies were his enemies was just made it hard for me to understand his point of view, especially since a lot of it was HIS fault. Rapunzel couldn't leave to help because she was left in charge of her kingdom and her people needed her because of the dangerous winter weather. She had an entire kingdom in danger that needed her complete and total attention, so she couldn't just leave to help one kid. Second being that the reason he needed her help was because of a mess that HE caused. He was told not to mess with something but he felt the need to do it anyway and because of that, his dad was frozen in some weird ass gold rock thing. He's blaming Rapunzel and her allies for something that was his fault. True, if we went all the way back, it was the King's fault, but Varian just made it worse by messing with something that he didn't understand and would obviously just make worse. So his response was to make others suffer. That leads to the third problem, which is that he ends up just coming off as a little brat throwing a tantrum, won't take responsibility for what he did, blames others for something that he was to blame for and the only one who was more at fault was the King but still wanted everyone to pay, intentionally tries to kill innocent people like the Queen and Cassandra, and blatantly says that him being the bad guy was no fault of his own when it really is. The forth problem is his design. I don't care what they try to do! They are not going to make some scrawny, socially awkward, short, dorky, freckle-face 14-year-old kid with an overbite look intimidating or convincing as a villain. I can't take a character that looks like that seriously as a villain. He is an overrated character that is poorly written and never should've been made a villain AT ALL.
ApplesauceDoctr commented…
I totally forgot that when I first saw that episode (was it "Queen for a Day"?), I also thought it was strange that Varian blamed Rapunzel for a problem he caused. So,I totally agree with あなた on that. Dude needs to take responsibility for his actions. That said, I kind of see why he'd be mad at her when she DID promise to come back and help. The first movie established that she always keeps her promises, and that's the first time (to my knowledge) where she broke one. A promise is a promise. They can't always be kept (like あなた said, there was a whole kingdom at hand), but I can see why Varian would turn villain-like for that reason. In the end, I think he makes a good-ish villain, but he needs a little re-writing to be great. ·7 か月前
KataraLover commented…
True, a promise is a promise but it's not like Rapunzel was cruel about it. She tried to explain her situation while he just acted like a brat that saw everything in black and white. Plus, during their 次 encounter, she tries to make up for it によって helping him but he betrays her and doesn't care that she's trying to help now. He continues to blame her when she's not at fault but he is. ·7 か月前
BB2010 commented…
I’m still annoyed that they hyped up Lady Cane but then only had her in the series premiere and in one ep ·5 か月前
·7 か月前 magicworld_88 said…

i find "be prepared" from the lion king one of the most overrated disney song
Also even if scar is a very good villain i find sherekhan more threatening than him and a better villain
BB2010 commented…
*gasp* HOW DARE あなた ·7 か月前
BB2010 commented…
nah I'm kidding :P ·7 か月前
·7 か月前 Sparklefairy375 said…
Some opinions about remakes, maybe it sounds similar with mhs1025's opinion above but I'll add some of my perspectives here:

1. I think Disney should stop remaking popular and classical movies especially the hit ones from 90s. Leave them alone as classics for us. I think Disney should've been remaking underrated movies more and I'm sure it would work better. People would have high hopes with remakes of popular movies and most of the time, they were ended with a huge disappointment.

So far the only remake that work well for me is Cinderella (2015) and why? That's because the director and writer stay true of the original story and focused to Ella's courage and kindness instead of add twist that ruin the story and excessive CGI like the rest did. Although Maleficent and BATB did better on box office that's only because of the huge attention towards Angelina Jolie and Emma Watson.

2. Aladdin remake is a huge MISCAST! Most of the cast are not even from the Middle East. Aladdin is the only one that was kinda accurate as the actor is Egyptian, and Egypt is a part of Middle East. The rest, well Naomi Scott is half British and half Indian (India is a South Asia country not Middle East, and their culture is DIFFERENT), Will Smith is African American (and he ain't even that funny to be the Genie imo)

I read somewhere that Disney needs longer time to find the main cast, and that's the result? Come on! Disney, if you have such a hard time to remaking non-European movies then I suggest you to not remaking them rather than bring us the disrespectful remakes towards the originals. Even the Aladdin remake would include link, Disney you just made a mistake. It would be better if Disney keep making more original POC animated movies like Moana rather than POC remakes with a lot of miscast.

Now I'm afraid with how they did Mulan with Niki Caro and Liu Yifei. Seriously.
last edited ·7 か月前
 Some opinions about remakes, maybe it sounds similar with mhs1025's opinion above but I'll add some o
BB2010 commented…
it's like when the cast auditioned for Beauty and the Beast によって 歌う Hakuna Matata. I'm not saying it's a bad song, I just have to ask why the casting directors picked a comedy song for auditions when they could have just used the songs from Beauty and the Beast ·7 か月前
deedragongirl commented…
Will Smith lacks the charisma of the late Robin Williams, Smith doesn't strike me as humourous. ·7 か月前
AdelitaI commented…
I think Genie should be played によって Middle Eastern actor. ·4 か月前
·6 か月前 MalloMar said…
The new live-action Cinderella (character) sort of just feels like a walking moral, and I don't feel for her as much as the animated one. Though I consider all deaths devastating, the fact that she loses her father at an older age is a tiny part of it. The first Cinderella loses hers at an age when she's still dependent and easier to influence. The dress ripping scene was sad, but they could have done so much more. I get that traumatizing kids isn't what Disney intends to do, but it feels very safe, doesn't stir up the emotions much. Also, we've seen Cinderella (new) break down before, so this scene doesn't make us feel like this is the absolute last straw for her, the way the animated one does. Also we've seen new Cinderella leave the house and go down town, something I believe the old Cinderella couldn't do. I just don't think her character is as compelling. She lacks the subtle spunk and determination we love.
Forgive me if I have my facts wrong, I've seen this movie just once and it was a while ago. It IS visually stunning, I'll give it that.
lavendersblue commented…
I agree. She feels a lot flatter than the animated character, who has もっと見る layers and もっと見る agency (ironic, considering the 65 年 difference) ·6 か月前
Mongoose09 commented…
Definitely agreed. I've seen many people say live-action シンデレラ has もっと見る personality and I HIGHLY disagree, the 1950 version had もっと見る depth imo. the new one is missing the subtle sassyness of the animated, the newer one just has もっと見る screentime that's all. But don't get me wrong, I still 愛 both characters and movies, but I feel the older シンデレラ had something もっと見る about her. Having 発言しました all that, I do actually appreciate that we have a character like this in 2015, a lot of female characters now have to be seen as "kick-ass" so I like that they didn't completely ruin the character and kept her kind, gentle personality intact. ·6 か月前
MalloMar commented…
^Very good point! ·6 か月前
·5 か月前 magicworld_88 said…
i used to think just like a lot of people that rapunzel and anna look a lot alike ! but not anymore in fact i find them to look very different ! they just both have huge eyes
last edited ·5 か月前
·5 か月前 disnerdtobe said…
I like Frozen merchandise. The more, the merrier, bring it on! I don't care that they're milking the Frozen cash cow.
*this coming from a person who once bought a box of Kleenex tissues because it had Elsa and Anna on it.*
*this may or may not be a confession.*
*runs and hides.*
BB2010 commented…
honestly same. I bought Elsa and Anna barbies when I was 21 and I have a アナと雪の女王 枕 on my ソファー, ソファ in my apartment ·5 か月前
BB2010 commented…
I have also bought Kinder Eggs, a キャンディー I'm not too big a ファン of, because it came with アナと雪の女王 toys. The same with ディズニー Princesses ·5 か月前
Sparklefairy375 commented…
Haha I also agree. I 愛 アナと雪の女王 merchandises <333 I even have a アナと雪の女王 ベッド sheet for my own bedroom xD ·5 か月前
·5 か月前 disnerdtobe said…
I actually like Ming-Na Wen's voice acting. Her voice acting is one of my favorites of the Disney Princesses, along with Ilene Woods and Mary Costa.
BB2010 commented…
Yeah like I 発言しました in that アンケート I did, I don’t think she was really terrible, there’s just some scenes in the movie where I think there’s not enough emotion put into her voice. I still like her for most of the movie ·5 か月前
MalloMar commented…
Same here! ·5 か月前
Sparklefairy375 commented…
Her voice is good, although not my personal お気に入り :) ·5 か月前
wavesurf commented…
I've never found anything wrong with her voice acting. She was also good in Final ファンタジー the Spirits Within. ·5 か月前
·5 か月前 BB2010 said…
I know it's considered overrated but I love The Lion King SO MUCH. Like I love it so much I can't even see why it's considered overrated. I love all the characters, all the songs, the animation, and the story and I can still remember all the lines. I'm really looking forward to the remake, even if it sucks I'll still want to watch it
disnerdtobe commented…
I agree, the lion king is epic and the songs are the best, perhaps the best of ディズニー ·5 か月前
deedragongirl commented…
So true, even my younger autistic brother wants to watch it. ·5 か月前
AdelitaI commented…
Honestly, people say it's better than Pocahontas so often, that it can't not have negative influence on my feelings about this movie. Same with Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan. I 愛 the Scar, Mufasa( though he is far from being only great ディズニー dad but his quote of bravery is so great), Nala and hyenas but I hate Timon and Pumbaa. ·5 か月前
·5 か月前 BB2010 said…
I never understand the hate for the revival era. I guess some movies could have been better like Frozen and Winnie the Pooh (it was a shorter version of Pooh’s Grand Adventure) but is hating a couple of the movies enough to hate the entire era which has a quite a few good movies?

Or another reason I don’t understand is when people don’t like the Revival era for doing things that past movies have done. Frozen did a movie about sibling love, so did Brother Bear and Lilo and Stitch. Moana didn’t fall for the friend she made on her adventure, neither did Marlin in Finding Nemo or Bolt in Bolt.

The only ones I can really see being an issue is “you can’t marry a man you just met” and “I’m not a princess” but those only happened in two movies
last edited ·5 か月前
wavesurf commented…
I dunno... I recall really TRYING to like アナと雪の女王 when it first came out. I tried to like Elsa, but couldn't get around her signature line, nor the part in the movie where she's so anxious about her powers, and angry at what she's done, that she hits Anna in the ハート, 心 with ice. But why send Marshmellow out there, to toss her sister out? That part I never agreed with, and never understood. That was overkill, imo. ·5 か月前
wavesurf commented…
And, I didn't feel as bad about the "I'm not a princess" statement coming out of Tiana's mouth, because *circumstance, circumstance* she was--in fact-- a waitress! The way it was constructed and delivered didn't feel like ディズニー was making a personal statement about their "ideal for a princess"-- with mockery/pun intended against prior films. Though I don't enjoy TPATF for Tiana's narrow-mindedness, I do not think that movie または 塔の上のラプンツェル launched the hate for the Revival. In TPATF being hitched/ または being single, wasn't the driving force behind everything, either. But it was definitely the message behind Frozen, Brave, and Moana. ·5 か月前
AdelitaI commented…
Hating a movie for doing things thing past movie has done but claiming the movie is not that special for this is understandable I think. BTW, I 愛 PaTF and Tangled. ·5 か月前
·5 か月前 MalloMar said…
I hated/was afraid of Lucifer as a kid, but now I think he's hilarious, even a little cute. He's animated hilariously, and at times, he moves like real cats. Cracks me up!
BB2010 commented…
I 愛 that evil kitty! ·5 か月前
·4 か月前 magicworld_88 said…
I think this is a very unpopular opinion XD but i find the love triangle in frozen thousand more interesting than the relationship between the sisters.
·4 か月前 mhs1025 said…
I meant to say something about this a WHILE back, but I'm finally available the time, so, let's begin. I watched both Atlantis movies about 6 months ago, and I have some things I have to say about the animation style of each. When I watched the first Atlantis, I felt like I was watching a movie. The animation was breathtaking. When I watched the second Atlantis, I felt like I was watching a 90's TV show. The animation was alittle blotchy, and I felt like I went back to the 90's. The acting was good in both movies. I just wish they chose to stick with the original animation style for the sequel.
last edited ·4 か月前
BB2010 commented…
I think it was originally supposed to be a spin-off series like The Little Mermaid and アラジン but then it was made into a movie instead ·4 か月前
mhs1025 commented…
^ THAT'S some interesting information. It could also explain the blotchy アニメーション style. One thing I forgot to mention was the voice actor for Milo was replaced. He did a good job voicing Milo as well. ·4 か月前
·3 か月前 disnerdtobe said…
I think HOND would work better as live action than animation, kinda like Les Miserables.