The real eyesore wardrobe that has Austin Powers's colors
I’ve never written this sort of 記事 before. It’s a bit all over the place, so くま, クマ with me. Also my 閲覧数 fall into the bottom minority on Fanpop…so most people will flat out disagree with me. Fine. But of the outfits each DP wears, this is what appeals to me, and what does not—in my mind.
Honestly, this girl has the most outfits, and undergoes the most dress changes in the whole ディズニー Princess lineup. That should make her my favorite, right? I really 愛 dress changes, usually. However, Tiana has my least お気に入り wardrobe of all. Really, Tiana's “flapper girl” style is a hodgepodge of mismatched colors, the like of which I have never even seen before on a DP または on a non-DP. ( Wendy, Alice, Jane Porter, Tarzan’s mother, Esmeralda, Megara, etc., all have a better “color palette” than Tiana does). There are certain Colors（色） that work well against Tiana’s dark skin: blues, reds/magenta, even purple, olive, black, pale pink, または a 桃, ピーチ color. What does Tiana wear instead? Colors（色） that clash against her dark skin: yellowish greens, oranges, tans and browns on 上, ページのトップへ of her already brown skin, teal/turquoise, yellow, white, and yes—even もっと見る ライム green!
1. Tiana’s turquoise/teal work dress 6/10
2. Tiana’s yellow work dress 6/10
3. Tiana’s brown and tan medieval ガウン 5/10
4. Charlotte's dress on loan 9/10
5. Tiana’s white dress from Dr. Facilier’s dream-scape with the ボア ( it looks dated) 6/10
6. Tiana’s poufy ライム green, yellow green, yellow wedding bayou swamp ガウン with the tremendous amount of sparkles everywhere? 1/10
7. Tiana’s 秒 wedding ガウン ( the white gown, with the weird crisscrossing waist and the “X” detailing at the hips) 2/10
8. Tiana’s オレンジ work dress 4/10
9. Tiana’s end ガウン with the “old-woman” neckline 2/10
Tiana scores low in a lot of areas. I like her plain apparel, just fine. But the Colors（色） of it are often atrocious. Sadly, if Tiana isn’t wearing plain clothes in garish Colors（色） ( like orange), then her dress clothes are way over-the-top, and also come in unflattering Colors（色） ( neon/lime green). Plus, her dress clothes are “dated”-looking, and they feature some really ostentatious details that make me cringe.
In my estimation, which differs from everyone else here on Fanpop, Tiana’s wardrobe collectively is the least appealing. All of that sparkly shimmer on 上, ページのトップへ of a lime-yellow- green color in the bayou ガウン is overkill. Tiana looks like a ball of sparkly iceberg lettuce. Even Naveen’s green suit looks better than Tiana’s gown, there. And why? Naveen’s suit is not so sparkly, and it isn’t so yellow-green. His suit isn’t SCREAMING at the viewer, saying “LOOK AT MEEEE!!!!” Sadly, so much of Tiana’s wardrobe is a real eyesore. Tiana has a lot of Colors（色） taken from Austin Powers's backdrops. I'm not kidding. Go look that up, and 確認 it for yourself.
Elsa has a very limited wardrobe, so I will assess her outfits, both in アナと雪の女王 and in アナと雪の女王 Fever.
1. Child’s nightgown ( Not memorable) 1/10
2. Childhood suit and スカート ( cute and stylish) 7/10
3. Elsa's mourning outfit ( not memorable) 1/10
4. Coronation outfit ( regal enough, even if I don’t care for the cape) 9/10
5. Elsa’s ice ガウン ( excessive sparkles, a cape, and a weird, off-center slit up the leg) 1/10
6. Spring ガウン from アナと雪の女王 Fever ( less sparkly, a darker ティール color, and the お花 at least make the cape less annoying to look at, but it still has that weird leg slit) 6/10
So, yes, while I dislike Elsa, the character-- her wardrobe isn’t a total eyesore. There are some things, like her ice dress, that just scream “merchandizing for selling dolls!” But on the whole, Elsa does better in her color scheme than Tiana does. And my eyes thank her for not looking like a kaleidoscope entry.
Happy go lucky Anna. Well… here are my ratings.
1. Child’s nightgown ( like Elsa’s, not memorable) 1/10
2. Anna's black mourning outfit ( strangely beautiful for being black layers of cloth) 9/10
3. Anna’s coronation dress (I 愛 the スカート and bodice, even if I hate the sleeves) 8/10
4. Anna’s adventure uniform ( I hate the fuchsia cape, but the rest is nice, and I like the details on the skirt) 7/10
5. Anna's green dress at the end of アナと雪の女王 ( kind of boring blah, but the white ブラウス is nice) 6/10
6. Anna’s outfit in アナと雪の女王 Fever ( Cute and sweet, and perfectly SUITS/スーツ her sunny disposition, with the sunflower pattern. I like sunflowers!) 9/10
10. Snow White
She wears two outfits in the movie, basically. So rating those two puts her here….
1. Her Rags ( I 愛 the 上, ページのトップへ ボディス, 胴着 to her rag dress, even if I could pass on the skirt) 7/10
2. Her signature yellow and dark blue ボディス, 胴着 ガウン ( It’s a classic, and it totally fits her, and the hair bow is a “aww” touch) 8/10
This girl’s ensembles are middle-of-the-road for me. I don’t 愛 them, and I don’t really hate them. They’re just…eh. They’re 全体, 全体的です boring to look at, basically.
1. Belle’s blue and white out-and-about dress 6/10
2. Belle’s “Something There” ガウン ( It’s rather too dark a ピンク color, and it looks like a nightgown and a バスローブ combination because of the single big stripe down the middle of the ボディス, 胴着 and the skirt, plus the ruffled スカート hem) 4/10
3. Belle’s green ガウン which is an exact copy of the “Something There” gown, now only in green 4/10
4. Belle’s ゴールド ball ガウン ( It’s signature によって now, but yellow is not my お気に入り color in a dress) 5/10
8. Pocahontas This girl has the least dress changes in a ディズニー Princess movie. So I’m including Journey To A New World in my assessment.
1. I absolutely 愛 her wilderness dress with her mother’s ネックレス 10/10
2. Not fond of her winter uniform 5/10
3. Not especially thrilled with the white cream ガウン in the sequel, and I hate her bee-hive hairstyle there 4/10
Unlike Jasmine, Rapunzel wears violet, a lot of the time.
1. Everyday dress with the sleeves ( It looks like she has “partially outgrown” this dress, because of the sleeves ending five inches away from her elbows) 7/10
2. Her coronation ガウン ( I like the bodice, and the lavender/ cream color) 8/10
3. Her wedding ガウン in 塔の上のラプンツェル Ever After ( I 愛 the detailing, even if I hate the capped-sleeves ) 9/10
Dreamy dresses do fit the dreamy personality of this girl.
1. I surprisingly like the ボディス, 胴着 on the peasant dress even if I don’t like the スカート so much 8/10
2. Aurora’s blue birthday ガウン ( I 愛 this hue a lot, and though it took me a while to get used to the pointy neckline, I think it really SUITS/スーツ her) 10/10
3. Aurora’s ピンク ガウン ( I don’t real like dark ピンク colors; I don’t usually like pink, unless it looks もっと見る like coral) 7/10
This girl favors purple and blue colors, with a splash of red. I like it, overall.
1. Regular outfit ( It's cute and sexy) 7/10
2. Runaway outfit ( It's kind of a dull color-- basically too much brown) 5/10
3. Purple engagement outfit with the light blue ショール ( It's lovely) 9/10
4. Red trick-Jafar outfit ( She looks great here) 9/10
5. Purple engagement outfit reappears at the end of the movie 9/10
6. Wedding ensemble ( I like it except for the neckline at the top) 8/10
Surprised to see her way up here? Yeah, well it turns out that while I may not be fond of Merida’s personality, I am fond of her mostly non-fussy, utilitarian, and non-garish hued clothing.
1. Merida’s signature dark ティール hunting dress 10/10
2. Merida’s “Shooting for My Own Hand” dress ( I hate the pearl details, I hate the ゴールド border, I hate the wimple, and yeah, this dress is WAY TOO TIGHT. I 愛 it, when Merida ruins it!) 1/10
3. Merida’s dark navy dress from the end of the movie with the tartan plaid ( I 愛 this dress, and the Saxon イヌ border along the hemline of the skirt. I 愛 the teal-greenish under-dress, too) 10/10
So much of Cinderella’s dresses are iconic. She has a lot of dresses, so I'm only focusing on just the first movie's ensembles.
1. Her childhood dress ( It's cute as a button) 10/10
2. Her nightgown ( It's really pretty) 8/10
3. Her normal everyday servant uniform 8/10
4. Her light ピンク dress from her mother, fixed によって the mice, before it is destroyed 9/10
5. Her signature silvery ガウン with the choker ( I 愛 the simplicity of it, and the silvery hue with the minimal sparkles) 10/10
6. Her wedding dress ( I like it overall, except for the crisscrossing bodice) 8/10
Big surprise that she’s up this far? Nah. This girl has clothes I would not be afraid to wear. And they aren’t sparkly, poufy, and gaudy.
1. Her pajamas ( They look like something I would wear) 9/10
2. Her everyday hanfu ( It looks comfortable) 9/10
3. Her undergarments before the Matchmaker's hanfu 9/10
4. Her Matchmakers ガウン ( I 愛 the details, and I can tolerate the dark ピンク color because of the design) 8/10
5. Her father’s armor 10/10
6. Her “Heroine” uniform ( This one is especially BELOVED によって me. It’s simple and it’s lovely, because it has no sparkles; it looks mature, the Colors（色） are paired really well with one another, and ムーラン can still 移動する around in it; it’s not constraining) 10/10
Well, she’s at the 上, ページのトップへ for reasons that seem to first evoke nostalgia, but upon deeper inspection, probably are because of the following:
The Colors（色） are paired well, and aren’t garish.
The outfits don’t look dated/old.
The sparkly stuff is kept to A VERY REAL MINIMUM-- only appearing ONE TIME.
There aren’t any gloves.
There aren’t any capes.
There simply aren’t any tremendously poufy gowns with billowing skirts. Instead, the poufy quality stops itself part-way in the sleeves of the gowns, and then goes no further.
Ariel’s clothes are on the very simple side, and they are elegant. あなた end up focusing もっと見る on her character, and on her adventure, and on who she is, rather than constantly being distracted によって what she is wearing.
1. Her seashell bra and her signature “Ariel” green tail ( They’re iconic, have no sparkles, and are not overdone) 10/10
2. Her sail dress from Scuttle ( For “not even being real clothing,” in a pinch, Ariel still manages to pull it off, and she makes it look good) 10/10
3. Her ディナー ガウン ( People complain endlessly about why the ピンク clashes with Ariel’s red hair, but here is the reason I like this color pink: IT ISN’T TOO DARK, like Belle’s and Aurora’s. This ピンク is a “coral pink” and it resembles the inside of a 巻き貝, コーチ, コンクシェル shell. I like the white underskirt’s ruffles, because it reminds me of the ribs on an “Ark” shell. Ariel comes from the sea, and this dress “is consistent” with her origin and keeps it in mind--- and I admire the subtlety ディズニー applied here. For me, this ガウン isn’t so totally poufy in the skirt, like Tiana’s bayou ガウン is. The poufy sleeves END ABOVE the elbow, and it has NO SPARKLES!) 10/10
5. Ariel's nightgown ( It's a dark pink, and it sure has a ruffled neckline and a hemline, but it's a nightie, so I guess it's okay-ish) 7/10
4. Ariel’s Tour of the Kingdom ガウン (How much do I 愛 THIS GOWN??? SO MUCH!!! It looks comfortable, while still looking feminine and lovely. It’s serviceable and doesn’t hinder movement. It looks dynamite on Ariel, and sets off her red hair so beautifully) 10/10
5. Ariel’s simple sheath (This is the one time where Ariel is seen walking in sparkles, which I’m not thrilled about, but the dress itself is very simple, and the leg slit in Ariel’s dress is not pulled way off to the side, like Elsa’s is, in her ice dress. This simple sheath, UNLIKE SO MANY other DP dresses, does not feature a cape, または a weird “X” around the hip area like Tiana’s wedding dress does. Basically, this dress is so simple-looking, あなた end up focusing on the real cause for joy at that moment: the fact that Ariel HAS LEGS, again!! I think simplicity SUITS/スーツ visual storytelling much better. 10/10
6. Ariel’s wedding dress ( The underskirt isn’t ridiculously poufy, and it is not competing with the オーバースカート, overskirt on the gown. The ボディス, 胴着 has this nice sea-foam color trimming detail. The poufy quality in the sleeves ENDS BEFORE they hit the elbow, and Ariel does not have to wear gloves). 10/10
Yes. I am strange. I do not seem to like the cases where the gowns grow もっと見る and もっと見る poufy and sparkly. Adding capes and gloves and so forth, just seems to complicate and clutter the outfit for me. Some people think, the もっと見る あなた add, the もっと見る something is improved. Actually, the もっと見る stuff あなた add, the worse it gets visually. If any one of あなた studied art history, あなた probably noticed the drafts/sketch drawings that the painters did before they created their masterpieces. The sketches usually are simplified, and when あなた see the masterpieces in full, the original simple lines are STILL SEEN in the paintings themselves! This pulls the eye to 移動する in a direction that takes in the whole piece comfortably. Walt ディズニー actually did that with his animation. Closely after he died ( in the TLM), that Classic technique was still being used. But now, that feature is all but ロスト in the “need to exceed what is there visually,” and to make it “grab attention,” and sell dolls.
All right. So that is what is up with me and my コメント on DP outfits. I may sound like a sourpuss, but that's not intentional. I do staunchly dislike the gowns on ファンポップ to which everyone else seems to shout, “I 愛 THIS!” Simplicity and elegance seem to go together, and it doesn’t matter to me whether the movie is very old ( Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, TLM, または newer, like ムーラン and Brave). I don’t need the sparkles. The sparkles and the poufy gowns ARE OVERKILL, and are only there to sell dolls, in my humble opinion. My eyes seem to equate those princesses that wear even もっと見る sparkles in their gowns, to looking much もっと見る child-like and less mature. This is very much why I absolutely loathe the DP redesigns, によって the way....
Well, now I have explained myself. *Thanks everyone and prepares herself for lots of コメント that say, well, that's interesting, but weird, and we really don't have a lot of opinions in common with yours* budumbtsss
All pictures were pulled from the internet. I claim no responsibility. They are the property of ディズニー Inc., and are "on loan to the world." My アイコン picture, is an actual drawing that I did, myself.
Oh, well. Now, at least, あなた know "why" I react the way I do. >.<
Many thanks for reading, if あなた did manage this article! Until 次 time...
Less reminicent of kalidescopes and Austin Powers
Not many strong feelings about her wardrobe, either way
Cute overall, and Classic
I don't love them, I don't hate them...They're just a "eh."
The best Pocahontas Outfit
Nicer touches, but some things I still don't like
The blue color is the best color on her
Surprsingly, I like almost everything here
Her dresses aren't so sparkly, and poufy, and I like most of them
Beautiful, really, and sophisticated
Yeah. This is definitely more like what I'd wear
Beautiful in every way, and never over-the-top