Critical Analysis of Twilight An 作者 writes a story based on a dream they saw?

bendaimmortal posted on Aug 19, 2009 at 04:44PM
So I just begun to wonder... I know only of one other published story that was for sure specifically the very story, originally it's author's nightly dream but there probably are more, so can you name some and so on?

It doesn't matter at all what the story is about as long as it's comparable to Twilight in the dream-origin matter. And one question is, can there be anything worse than Twilight in this thing?

I think Stephen King said he writes a lot basing off his dreams and I guess that's a matter of a point of view whether they're worse or not. :D

But the one story I refered to that I can think of and which is waaaay better than Twilight could ever wish to be...

The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard.

A heartbreaking, best-selling story of a 3-year old boy, who disappears from his family's life, turning it upside down and the story isn't so much about the kid that disappeared as it is about his older brother and their mother's relationship, the mother from then on pretty much forgot about her other son, who so was also, and more significantly, lost. And basically the story is about the brothers. But it's all because the little one disappeared. The second half of the story of course turns everyone's life upside down once more and everything gets so much more complicated.

The film adaptation is ok but it scratches only the surface. It ignores way too many significant elements and scenes.

My tribute to this, one of my all time favorite books:
link

Give me more dreambased stories that put Meyer's shallow, teenage-type, sparkly dreams to shame even more than they ought to be in the first place, seeing to that she's a grown woman and a mother...? :P Jacquelyn Mitchard was also a grown woman and a mother, when she wrote The Deep End of the Ocean.
last edited on Aug 19, 2009 at 04:50PM

Critical Analysis of Twilight 2 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 Myf_1992 said…
big smile
Frankenstein was inspired by a dream Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley had at Lord Byron's villa. It was stormy a lot so the guest's at his house often stayed in and read horror storied. One time he challenged his guest's to make their own horror stories, and that night Mary had a dream.

"When I placed my head upon my pillow, I did not sleep, nor could I be said to think... I saw -- with shut eyes, but acute mental vision -- I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out, and then, on the working of some powerful engine, show signs of life, and stir with an uneasy, half-vital motion. Frightful must it be; for supremely frightful would be the effect of any human endeavor to mock the stupendous Creator of the world.
...I opened mine in terror. The idea so possessed my mind, that a thrill of fear ran through me, and I wished to exchange the ghastly image of my fancy for the realities around. ...I could not so easily get rid of my hideous phantom; still it haunted me. I must try to think of something else. I recurred to my ghost story -- my tiresome, unlucky ghost story! O! if I could only contrive one which would frighten my reader as I myself had been frightened that night!
Swift as light and as cheering was the idea that broke upon me. 'I have found it! What terrified me will terrify others; and I need only describe the spectre which had haunted me my midnight pillow.' On the morrow I announced that I had thought of a story. I began that day with the words, 'It was on a dreary night of November', making only a transcript of the grim terrors of my waking dream."

-Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, from her introduction to Frankenstein
1年以上前 Myf_1992 said…
big smile
Oh and Robert Louis Stevenson dreamt of the book "the strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde"

He said:

"For two days I went about racking my brains for a plot of any sort; and on the second night I dreamed the scene at the window, and a scene afterward split in two, in which Hyde, pursued for some crime, took the powder and underwent the change in the presence of his pursuers."

Aparently, he use to scream out at night, and so his wife would wake him, and he'd have a go at her for waking him up saying "Why did you waken me? I was dreaming a fine bogy-tale!"