Critical Analysis of Twilight Twilighter Rants

renrae posted on Jun 14, 2009 at 11:38PM
Do you love Twilight, and need to explain why NOW? Do you get annoyed with people who SAY they are big fans of Twilight, but you know that they didn't start liking it until it got popular? This is the place for rantng on these topics and more, free from flaming. Please do not deliberately insult Anti-Twilighters.

Critical Analysis of Twilight 29 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 Dearheart said…
Before anyone starts ranting, please go back to "Rules and Guidelines" and take a look. I've updated it with a special rule for the rant threads. Let me know if it's okay or if it could be improved at all. Thank you!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 laureng114 said…
Renrae, you read my mind.

"Do you get annoyed with people who SAY they are big fans of Twilight, but you know that they didn't start liking it until it got popular? "

YES- I started seeing girls carrying around Twilight books like they were the newest accessories. The people that used to make fun of me for being a nerdy bookworm are now claiming they love something they use to despise. It also frustrates me when people claim that they read this " difficult, long and complicated book." Seriously? Come on. It's Twilight. I know 9 year olds that have read it, lol.
1年以上前 summerfrog said…
heart
so true! I don't like those people who love Twilight because they love the movie!or "Edward's so hot" that's not what Twilight was!
1年以上前 laureng114 said…
Exactly, the key word here is "was".

I really just don't like what Twilight has turned into.
1年以上前 moo000 said…
I personally have read the Twilight series and enjoyed it. Please dont kill me!
I only read it once it became popular because I did not know it existed prior the movie. I also dont like to see movies that are based on a book before I have read the book.

I agree with people above how it is annoying how people who previously thought reading was only for nerds are now carring around Twilight books like acessories. I also hate how they refuse to read any other books- there are MUCH better books out there than Twilight. It's just a page turner that will keep you entertained for a while, not a new religion.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
*waves* hello everyone :D

Okay. I have two main rants which I hope you can all sympathize with.

1. The fans. Are crazy. Seriously. They pounce on anyone who says anything bad about Twilight. I can go on and on but I'm pretty sure you all know what I mean.

2. People ALWAYS point out Jacob's flaws and stuff he's done wrong (which in my opinion aren't even that bad) but they NEVER mention Edward's flaws, of which there are many. I mean seriously, what's the worse Jacob has done? Kiss Bella? That wasn't right; but he was in love with her and to me it's just not as bad as some of the stuff Edward has done. He's so controlling. Like in Twilight, Bella is thinking of running away (after the blood typing) and he just said that he'd stop her. And in Eclipse, breaking her truck to stop her seeing Jacob?! I felt like punching him. It worries me that people think Edward can do wrong and Jacob is getting the hate of a mass murderer or something. I really don't understand the Jake hate.

Well, this was longer than I thought... I'm sorry.
1年以上前 moo000 said…
you guys havent met crazy fans untill you have met some of my firends... The are delusional about the characters existance. lol. I seriously dont understand why anybody would actually WANT vampires to exist.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
I know, right? Everyone's like 'OMGZZZ I WOULD LOVE TO BE A VAMPIRE!1!!' ... Really? Having to control your thirst so you don't KILL anyone, not being to have children, blah, blah, blah... To me it sounds horrible!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 katiecain said…
I hate Team Edward fans who don't let Team Jacob fans have their own opinions *shakes fist*

(Note; not all Team Edward fans :P)
1年以上前 HerMelody said…
hmmm
Ditto! I'm getting annoyed with the incessant 'HOW can you love Jacob he is a selfish lttle jerk edward is the real deal!!' ... that sort of thing. Sigh. I feel a needless fight coming on. =|
1年以上前 katiecain said…
To be honest, I used to really like Edward. But it's his fans that have no consideration for others opinions that have put me off his character.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 samjhart said…
Ummm what really put me off Twilight was the message that Meyer gave to her target auidence. Had she written for mainly an adult auidence I think I would be more comfortable, because I trust they would know that vampires and Edward-in-armour doesn't exist. Its just a bit of escapism.

Pre-teens, and young teens are starting to discover boys, material such as Twilight that radiates: relationship abuse, parental-child disputes (over a guy no less) is something I defo am not sure that impressionable kids should be reading. When I write it down, it may sound harsh but because these kids keep justifying and chanting to themselves 'Edward is real' makes it more scary that they would make themselves more prone to abuse in the future. I honestly believe that material read at such an age teaches you, and in the case of Twilight its not all good.

But its not all completely terrible you know. I actually like some of the characters like Carlisle and Jasper. Esp. Jasper. His need to be saved and ability to be saved is linked to someone he loves very deeply - Alice. To want to be good for someone else's sake, is very sweet.

*phew* rant over :D
1年以上前 katiecain said…
I hate it how if anyone says something like 'I wouldn't want a relationship like Bella and Edward's', some fans assume they know nothing about love, or have never experienced it. Since when was love defined by Edward and Bella? o_O
1年以上前 crazyduds2 said…
I advise anyone who is going to join the Twilight spot anytime soon to BEWARE! It is like a battle zone in there. It's getting really tough to say anything about any other book. And if you mention the two forbidden words, (AKA Harry and Potter) You probably will be killed by a mob of people who are a little like this.

"OMFG WTF? U HATE TWILIGHT BUT U R SOOOO IMATURE U R JUST JEALOUS CUZ KIRSTEN STEWART HAZ EDDIE AND U DONT! GOSH TWILIGHT IS SOOO HAUTE I LUV IT. SHUT UP, KK?"

Yes, because I think that's happened to all of us. Or most of us, anyway. (You attackers know who you are.) There really aren't any Twi-zombies yet on this spot. (Amen!) But I would advise you, watch your backs. The people who search Twilight are sooner or later going to find this spot, and when they see all the "bad" or "insulting" things we put on here (notice the quotes.) We're in for a lot of either bad PMing or some serious blockage. Either way, I hope this place stays peaceful for enough time.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
Rant time again. yay!

I hate how some haters (some, a minority, definately not all) hate on Twilight fans simply because they like the series. Like say someone who tells people not to add them if they like Twilight. To me that's so immature. What is the point of hating on someone just because of what books they like? We don't hate on you for hating Twilight, so don't hate on us for liking it?!
1年以上前 Myf_1992 said…
^ That is a variation of discrimination and prejudice. Well, what I learn on school anyway. I learnt that prejudice is to discriminate or form an opinion on someone before getting to know them, usually based on their religion, colour, class etc. And so judging someone as bad for liking Twilight and discriminating them(not adding them) is prejudice.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
Yeah that's what prejudice is. We just done it in Health and Social Care lol.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
I will leave the Twilght spot if I see another bloody 'what team are you?' pick! Seriously, there must be hundreds! And what is it with fans spelling characters names wrong?! If you've read the books, you would have seen the names hundreds of times and yet you can't spell it right?! What the fudge!
1年以上前 Myf_1992 said…
^ I have always wondered. And I've also wondered, what does it matter what 'team' your on, isn't it enough to all love twilight together? If you look at other spots yes there are picks that go "Spike or Angel?" "Lestat or Louis?" "Dr Coz or JD?" but nobody makes a big doeal out of it.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
Ahh it is SO annoying, seriously! Who gives a damn what team someone's on?! Cos I don't!
1年以上前 Mrs-Grint said…
Yesh. That is vair annoying. I HATE it when Twi-hards insult you, like, in a way thats COMPLETELY irrelevant to what your talking about. I was having a conversation yesterday with a Twilight fan and I was explaining to them why I hate Twilight and they said: "Oh your propably a man in disguise and ur just jealous of edward bcos hes so much hotter than you are"

WHAT?!?!
1年以上前 renrae said…
Uhm, guys: some of these should be in the Anti-Twilight rants.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
^ If you're posting something anti-fangirls, but you're a Twilighter, should you post here or the anti-twilight? I've always wondered. Am I making any sense? xD
1年以上前 katiecain said…
Oh look it's me again XD Soo fed up of E/B shippers thinking that only they 'get the point of the story' blah blah BLAH. Oh, and what is that exactly? That's it's okay to accept anything your controlling boyfriend does just because you're in love with him? And just cos J/B shippers don't ship some controlling relationship, they don't understand the story, or love, or soulmates or whatever else they wanna say? BS!
1年以上前 girgirl said…
ive read twilight it was ok but the thing i didnt like about it was how much bella relied on edward and noe girls are trying to be like her and find a guy to run there lives and it dosnt work that way !
1年以上前 rachaelwsz said…
monkey
There were two of my classmates the other day who did an oral presentation on Twilight. It was something like and Interview with Bella Swan.

And so, you have the regular talk. Edward is hot. He's beautiful. Blahblahblah. And then, they were talking about Jacob. One of them said that she doesn't like Jacob because he's hairy. Jacob has a mustache and a beard.

I was like WTF??? X) Seriously, for someone who 'loves' Twilight, at least get the facts right.
1年以上前 katiecain said…
I just saw a person comment on something saying they used to love Nikki Reed but now hate her simply because she's Team Jacob and has lost all respect for her. WTF is worng with these people o_O *rolls eyes*

Oh and another thing that is ridiculous... Failor, Failcob? Yeah, real mature. And E/b shippers are getting pissed because loads of the cast say they like Jacob... 'Oh they're pimping him blah blah'... Erm, NO, they just like him, like LOADS of people do.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 katiecain said…
I will never understand the plain ignorance of some people. Yes, some Twilight fans are a few brain cells short. But so are the people who lump ALL the fans together. Stereotypes are for people who can't be bothered/are not intelligent enough to get to know people. GROW THE HELL UP. kthxbai

(not aimed at anyone in particular btw xD)
1年以上前 cassie-1-2-3 said…
I generally don't enjoy ranting, but i'll go ahead anyways.

One thing I will never understand is why the actual twilight books are not credible sources when it comes to Twilight.

One huge example is when people are talking about imprinting.
It was clearly stated by Jacob in the Twilight books that it's not a romantic thing for him or Embry, but for some reason that's not true. It doesn't matter what the books (a.k.a Stephenie Meyer), someone who doesn't like is says it's romantic, so it must be romantic.

You guys, this is not a concept that Stephenie adopted from someone else and stupidly misinterpreted. She developed this concept herself. Like it or not, she makes the rules, not you or some person who wrote some article.