BONES(ボーンズ)-骨は語る- About to Post an Image That あなた Didn't Make? Look Here First, Please!

heeeresjoyce posted on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:06PM
It has recently come to my attention that there are several (Bones-specific) LiveJournal users that have discovered their images posted here and don't want that happening anymore. We, as the nice Fanpop citizens that we are, should respect that.

So, here's the list of people (thus far) that you SHOULD NOT post the work of:

graphic_vamp926 (AKA vamp926)
forensicmama
biarustiguel
montana_rosalie
geekluvinskater
fromahippie
fiery_twilight
cleaninggirl
sweet_misery712
tanjabrennan87
fandomcon
heimedall

If you see anyone post images by these people without their permission (it doesn't matter if there is a credit or not), it'd be great if you could comment and ask them to remove the images. I'll be doing this too.

Please let me know of any other LJ users that should be added to the list. I'll be updating it.

Now, before you go off and add your images, please remember to HAVE A PROPER IMAGE CREDIT AND USE GOOD KEYWORDS!!! After all, this is half the reason that these LJ users have gotten angry - they often don't get the credit they deserve! That means for the credit, don't put something like "LiveJournal", "Google images", or worse - nothing at all (actually, even worse - claiming it's yours when it's not). Give the username! Something like '[username] on LiveJournal' is acceptable. A better thing for a credit, as well, could be to have the URL of the place you got the images in the description (something I haven't done before but will begin doing now). I'm going to start getting after people more about this credit thing, too. If I see images without proper credit, I will comment about it - even if it's the same user doing it over and over.

For keywords, be as specific as possible without having ones that will screw the people searching for something. For example - using the keyword 'hodgins' in a batch of icons that has Hodgins in only a few of them will cause people searching for 'hodgins' come up with icons that don't have him in them! Just remember to only use keywords that apply to every single image in the batch. Do this or else the keyword demon will come and eat your soul. 'Tis true.

Anyway, now that my long image credit/keyword rant is over, go on and post your images! Not that you needed my permission, but thanks for reading. :)
last edited on Oct 22, 2009 at 01:37AM

BONES(ボーンズ)-骨は語る- 26 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 deedeedot said…
have to laugh when i read things like this...all of the images belongs to Fox anyway so whats the deal...dont understand why are ppl so protective of not their stuff anyways..its just retransformed stolen work and its made for fun...none of the acotrs are not judging us for playing with their images, like Emily and David fanfic, Davids wife can sue with those who made them to "protect" her life/husband...but come on its all just for fun and even she gets it, but clearly some of the fans dont...with all the respect to them but when you think about it with a clear concious mind you have to laugh about this non-sense...
1年以上前 forensicmama said…
Thank you so much!
1年以上前 heeeresjoyce said…
Would you like someone taking a picture you drew and claiming it's theirs? It's the same concept here. Whether it's on the computer or not, this is artwork and these people spend hours working on it. Having a random person just taking it and posting it somewhere else without second thought (and no credit) is kind of a slap in the face. Sure, they have no rights over the actual show, but they make the pictures much better. I'm having trouble wording this for some reason. I hope you get my point (or at least understand what I'm saying :p ).

EDIT: Thanks, forensicmama. :)
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 deedeedot said…
making a photoshop picture is not drewing or painting, even my 5 yrs old cousin can handle photoshop...so sorry this is not an art and im an artist so i know what im talking about...this is just a game for fun and if some ppl dont get it, they should find proffesional help...but its just my racional opinion that some ppl do not accept cos they create their "art" with emotions...I love B&B, sometimes wondering if i shouldnt find a pscho help, but i would never be agressive when someone use my collage or pic of them ive made on other page...so what, its just a picture made by computer...nothing special like a mona lisa...
1年以上前 deedeedot said…
and one other thing why are ppl creating this "art" and posting it on the internet when they dont want to share it anyways...dont see the reason of this spot cos everyone is behaving creepy when someone want to share something new...dont rate it too much, now dont put that images...what comes next? dont add anythin you didnt wrote youself?...i dont remmember adding anythin from LJ but im deletin all images i posted here cos this seriously crossed the line...
1年以上前 heeeresjoyce said…
Whether or not you think it's art, it's their right to do what they want with it. And they share it because they want people to critique it, or enjoy it. But I think that the main reason they are beginning to restrict what people can do with their work is because they find it getting stolen. I realize that may not sound like a big deal to you, but it is to them, and - as I said before - they get to do what they want about it. I'm not saying that you can't post anything from LiveJournal - just the ones that are done by users that request for their work not to be re-distributed.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 deedeedot said…
i decided to not ever post anything new, like now theres already a name of actor whos gonna play Booths grandfather and S5E09 Gamer in the Grease sides, but im not gonna post them cos i might stole the page link...ive been adding things there just to help ppl to get fresh info but im not gonna do that anymore cos its offensive and wrong with some ppl...anyway there are many other "new" fans here who want to get medal that hard so they are adding things twice or total non-senses so now they gonna get a chance to get it...
1年以上前 heeeresjoyce said…
You're not stealing anything. I'm talking about things that these LJ users created (and yes, I realize that they didn't create Bones). And not even all of those - just the ones that have specifically stated that they don't want their work re-distributed. I understand if you think that this is all irrational, but please don't overreact.
1年以上前 deedeedot said…
im not overreacting, i just got enough of the rulez posting things here, ratings and stuff...its not mine interest to share what i know and found...i know it and thats enough for me...i would rather concentrate on something useful like ppl posting things twice and they dont even chceck whats the content, they just post it cos they want that meaningless medals...
1年以上前 heeeresjoyce said…
All of those "rules" are usually suggestions. And the ones that aren't meant to be can't even be enforced, so you don't have to worry about them so much. A lot of it is just people's opinions on how things should be done (like the ratings). I agree that the medal-whoring is a problem, but unfortunately it's one of the ones we can barely do a thing about. As for this subject (the re-distribution), I can't force anyone to do anything about it. It's just another suggestion.
1年以上前 natulle said…
Oh deedeedot I love all the links you add, I always know you find the best things! I hope you'll keep doing it! You keep me informed.

An my opinion is that I don't see the big problem in adding those pictures. I won't add from those people but at the same time, if you put your things on the internet it's the "consequense" - I don't think it is - that you have to know might come with it - people adding it other places. First of all it should actully be a compilemnt that people love it so they add it other places, and second of all if you don't want it be added other places don't put it on the internet. Ask your friends what they think if that's the reason why you add it on LJ. But that's my opinion
1年以上前 biarustiguel said…
blush
As u can see here: link
Please add montana_rosalie and geekluvinskater to the list.
If u wanna see my reasons please go to the link above
Thank u!
1年以上前 biarustiguel said…
Now please put fromahippie in the list!
1年以上前 biarustiguel01 said…
U know u just kiked me out of fanpop. Can I at least know why?! Am I bothering u?!
1年以上前 heeeresjoyce said…
We don't have any control on who gets suspended or not - that's up to the moderators. The main reason for it happening would be if you were abusive, a spammer, or something else that's against the rules. As far as I know you aren't any of those, so I don't know why you were kicked out. Sorry.
last edited 1年以上前
Thanks! Could u please add sweet_misery712 and cleaninggirl to the list?
Could u please add sweet_misery712 thank u!
1年以上前 natulle said…
You know you can get temporarily suspended if you copy and past the same thing too many times. I've tried that. I know a girl here who wrote to one of the head fanpop'ers or what you call it for me, and he said you get caught up in something that makes you suspended.
1年以上前 natulle said…
Probbly from commenting the pictures I've added.
Well then thats easy natull. U stop posting other peoples work and I'll stop posting in the picture that u've added.
1年以上前 deedeedot said…
she wasnt posting them as her work so whats the deal? why are you creating those things when ppl cant share them???? next time just let them stay in your computer and do not bother others with them and everything will be alright...fanpop is about sharing things so its not a surprise you got suspended when you clearly got a problem with it...
1年以上前 McDreamyluva said…
I think the Graphic makers have the right to ask for their graphics to be taken down. They would've posted them here themselves if they want the whole world to see it. The reason they create private communities so that only certain ppl can see their graphics is because they DON'T want everyone to have access to them, and they have their own reasons.

I know a few on LJ users that wasn't happy because they don't know where their stuff is being posted, when...etc, and I think we'd feel the same if the graphics we spend ages making (for fans)is being posted everywhere without us knowing.

There are actually a few LJ users considering shutting down their graphic communities COMPLETELY because of this, so we really want that to happen?
1年以上前 natulle said…
Well you're the one getting sspended not me so it's only worse for yourself. Oh and are you happy ? I deleted the pictures you commented.

I'm still with deedeedot, don't post things on the internet that you don't want to come out because that is just the stupidest thing you can do because so many is on the internet and so many is on LJ with or without account. I can't controle if they shut them down and of course it's sad but if they don't want it to come out maybe it's smartest for those people because then the aren't at risk of getting the out. Wwe're not telling them to shut them down. It's a choice they make by themselvs.

Oh and on the contorary if I found out some popele took their time to add my pictures other places that means they liked it and I'd be very happy. Though that's how I see things (; Maybe I'm just a little bit more posivite minded about things like that.
1年以上前 Bones_Obsessor said…
I completely agree with Natulle. Don't add them to the internet if you feel so strongly about people adding them to different websites and all the images belong to fox anyway. And I would also be flattered if anyone added pics I made to other websites :)
1年以上前 vamp926 said…
Can you please add heimedall to that list?

And while I'm here. We, as graphic artists, take time out of our days to create these icons, and while we may not own the rights, we do have to pay for our programs. We make these for everyone, the least you can do is respect our wishes, or at least ask permission.
1年以上前 natulle said…
Haven't we also not added icons from the people on the list ?

I would call that respect your desicion as far as we can with a differrent opinion.