BONES(ボーンズ)-骨は語る- Pain in the ハート, 心 Spoiler: Did the ending make sense to you?

Cinders posted on May 20, 2008 at 04:08AM
Browsing the TV.Com forums, I found folks were outraged by the ending, claiming that Zack-- and indeed, a lot of the others-- were acting very out of character. The characters that the writers have taken three seasons to build up.

Personally, I thought they were gonna pull a CSI Mini Killer scheme and say, "It's someone in the lab-- Oh, it's the janitor!" which, while disappointing, at least makes more sense to me.

Regardless of "logic" as Brennan put it, I find Zack to be WAY too timid to commit a murder unless he was brainwashed. I mean, he was sent back from Iraq because he couldn't adjust.

GYAH! I will watch the season 4 premier and a few episodes after that, just to see whether or not Bones has REALLY jumped the shark or not. But to be honest, I really felt the writers were grasping at straws. "Hm, we need to make it someone in the lab, even though we have not given a single inclination EVER that any of them could do something like that... Zack! He's a recluse, he would do it!"

UGH!

I feel betrayed.

I was ALSO disappointed that Gormogon-- the REAL cannibalistic serial killer who was the cause of Zack's brainwashing-- DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A REAL NAME! They TOTALLY dropped that storyline. "He was a nobody." Can you say "Cop Out"?

OK, rant over.

BONES(ボーンズ)-骨は語る- 39 返信

Click here to write a response...
1年以上前 Cladra said…
No, Zach NONONONO ;((
1年以上前 sideairbag said…
I think- or rather I hope- they're doing the same thing that they did in House MD, when House got shot and the whole episode was his hallucinations. I hope this episode has just been Booth's hallucinations, because Zack just CAN'T BE GORMOGON, I THINK I MAY DIE :( I don't really see the logic in killing someone either :P And I also find the whole bath tub thing a bit out of character.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 lizzybee81 said…
Completely agree that bathtub was out of character (as lovely as it was ;) lol)
Booth couldn't even say the word breast in Baby in the Bough and was clapping to avoid saying sex in Wannabe but he gets up starkers from the tub in front of Brennan?? I half expected him to "Whoa,Bones!" and order her out of the room when she barged in.
Am devestated that they made Zach the apprientice, what happened to the cute sweet guy that wanted advice on girls and was destraught that he missed a clue in the verdict in the story. Sad, sad I really wanted, hell needed more from this epi.
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Exactly. EVERYONE was out of character. Ridiculous. Something you expect out of a bad fan fiction. GAG!
1年以上前 ebathory said…
Have to agree, numerous people were very out of character. If Zach really is the apprentice (and it was not just booth hallucination or something) it is a very BIG copout. They should have built it up more throughout the season, and made it an interesting and slightly believable plot twist.
Very dissapointed.

And with Booth getting shot, i don't know if i missed something, who the hell was he trying to set up? Another easy out for the writers.

I hope next season starts with something amazing...
1年以上前 kAyLi_ said…
I agree with you but I will still continue watching it. I mainly watch it for BB (That's how pathetic I am) but I think the reason for them suddenly choosing Zack and it all rushed is because they had to fit it into one episode, which did, as you say kinda ruin it.

This episode, was basically not an episode of Bones, everything was different. Just everything. No humour (apart from the punch and the bathtub) and just no special unique thing that Bones usually has.. Also the way Cam acted with Hodgins annoyed me because you're supposed to be there for your friends and just because a ''suspicion'' NO EVIDENCE she thinks it was him.

Rant over! :]
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 randdom said…
I am so annoyed by this. It was wrong and completely out of character for Zach. If the actor wanted to leave why couldn't they just write him out or have him die in the explosion, give him the exit that he deserves after 3 seasons of being a great character.

The obvious candidate was sweets, why couldn't they make him the apprentice I mean we haven't really had that much of a chance to build up an attachment to him and he is really annoying.

Really annoyed I think that the makers of bones have lost it completely.

last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 TriineA said…
Does anyone know what they will do with Zack next season?
1年以上前 Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I agree one hundred percent. I mean I know they had to do a rush job because of the strike but hell, I came up with five different scenarios that would have been better than that. That type of thing needs a build up. Sort of you are clueless, then they tell you and you think OH YEAH! That clue and that one. Whereas here it was Oh. Right. Why? Why on earth would he do that? When I heard it was Zack I was thinking maybe they will say something about Iraq because that can change a person but no. ARGGG.
Although I have to say, I'm glad it wasn't Sweets. I like him.
Im pretty sure my opinion didnt make any sense but I am too irritated to write right now.
1年以上前 Cladra said…
When the writers strike ends?
And does the season 4 stars in August???
1年以上前 kAyLi_ said…
Season 4 is set to start on the 26th August at the moment and to the Zack question Hart Hanson has said that we have definately not seen the last of Zack. :]
1年以上前 Cladra said…
Okk, thanks ;)
1年以上前 TEMPEBREN said…
Wasn't their best episode but I still enjoyed the episode and will still watch Bones, The ending was a little fuzzy, but it sort of made sense, and not making Gormagon someone we knew was kind of disappointing
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 jess_welsh said…
i enjoyed this epi alot as i thought it did make a bit of sense plus i liked all the b&b stuff and lets face it it aint the end of the world or the show, thank god, coz zachs not in it!!!!
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Another thing-- how was Booth up and moving and able to attack a guy only two weeks after being shot? GSWs take longer than that to heal!

**Edited to correct Bones/Booth typo.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 kalik said…
Cinders, ya mean Booth x3 Yea that kinda annoyed me too + the fact that they only made him fake his death to catch someone we didn't even know about, that was kind of lame :c Oh well, lookin forward to season 4 <33
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 Cinders said…
Thanks, kalik, I missed that.
1年以上前 jess_welsh said…
but this was all about the strike as this prob would have been run thorugh 3 epi's if strike didnt happen so they had to cram it in and i am sure all the bones and booth stuff will be done in season 4
1年以上前 iluvjesse said…
It was very bad. After the strike, they just had nothing to go one. I mean, c'mon...Zach?!?! He's sooo sweet and cute and quirky. He would never be able to STAB SOMEONE IN THE HEART! I mean really people! I think it was just a pathetic attempt.

And then the whole thing with Booth!! I mean, they got me at first, with the whole: He's dead! thing...but I mean, really. You get shot practically in THE HEART and two weeks later you're perfectly fine? I wish they had done something more with his shooting.
1年以上前 sideairbag said…
I know seriously, killing somone is not in Zach's logic, he was devastated when he missed evidence, and wasn't he kick out of Iraq because he couldn't cope. Why would he stab someone to feed a cannibal, it all seemed very rushed and I didn't like te fact that other than the arrest we saw nothing of the actual Gormogon.

And I was also hoping Booth would be in the hospital for the first bit, and wouldn't Bones have been in the hospital with him a lot, how could he just fake die without her having some inkling of the truth?
1年以上前 Jane_PL said…
TVGuide.com: So you're leaving the show?
Millegan: Yeah. But they said, "You know, you're not going to get killed, so we'll still have the option of bringing you back." It was shocking, and I just had to follow it and know that this is what's happening. Zack ends up carted away to a psychiatric facility, but there is the possibility that the others may come visit me.

So... See you soon, Zack ;)
1年以上前 tessajanuary said…
Ok, I agree with pretty much everything that has been said up here. It was just too unbelievable in every way to be a good finale.
1年以上前 sideairbag said…
Before I saw the episode I heard that no one was leaving the cast for good, so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish they hadn't booted him off like this though, Zack could have gotten a better job offer or something so there would still be a big chance that he would come back, but now if they visit him we have murderer Zack : (
1年以上前 tvfan5 said…
it is heart breaking.. i love zach. but i think that it was clever by the writers because after he was blown up, i immediately became sure it wasn't him. the thought actually didn't cross my mind. it'll suck without him..but i kinda liked the plot because it was really unpredictable.
1年以上前 yaytv12345 said…
They really crammed all this stuff into this episode... not good at all. But, I'm going to let it go. I was reading an interview, and it reminded me that when Zach came back from Iraq, he had issues or something like that. Anyways, I've kind of got a feeling that had there not been a strike, the whole Zack/Gormagon plotline would have worked out better. It wouldn't have been so random. But, whatever. I'm quite sure that when Bones comes back next Fall, it will be back in all its wonderous glory. :)
1年以上前 LexTalionis said…
I agree with most of you guys, but not about Sweets. He'd be too obvious as the apprentice anyway and he's already my favorite on the show besides BB! I love him!
1年以上前 DrowningMyFear said…
I guess making Zach the apprentice did make sense as he knows about anthropology and I like the fact that it was totally unexpected. I just hope it was a hallucination that Booth had as I love Zach!
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 localgurl30 said…
okay yeah i agree that alot of the characters were acting out of character but it was because they were shocked because one of their good friends was hurt. i mean u dont really know how ppl r going to react when terrible things happened. and then i think it does make sense that zack killed ppl because of the master's logic. i mean zack is so rational; probably even more rational than bones. when ppl r completely rational, they can rationalize doing anything. and because in his mind the logic was true it gave him more reason to follow the masters orders.
1年以上前 ineedcoffee said…
I am saying they still should have ended it one episode earlier that would have left us all hanging and let the writer's work on the gormagon angle a little more, this episode just bugged the hell out of me.
1年以上前 irishgrl131 said…
ok, so i must be the only one that liked the episode. it masde sense. the reason zeck was the apprentice was the simple reason that the DA said, as dominant pwersonality taking over a weaker personality. zack aslready had personality issues from the begining, that was part f his charm. so to make the apprentice someone we all loved was an awesome plot twist for the writers.
now we get to see how everyone, esp bones will deal w/ letting a new person in on the team.
i think the characters were acting "odd" because of booth's fake death, and trying to find Gormagon. plus having Gormagon not be someone important is more scary than having him be someone we knew. its kinda a you never know who you are realy dealing w/.
i cried at the end of this episode but things evolve and the show has to too. plus i loved how booth told sweets he had to"give this one to bones" in regard to sending zeck to the mental institution.
1年以上前 jess_welsh said…
i also loved this epi!!!
coz of all the b&b and a BIG twist
and all the weird goings on in it like hodgins being really freaky lol
1年以上前 Michellebob said…
I totally agree with localgurl30 and irishgrl131. The ending makes sense. Zach completely believed what he was doing was for the greater good of mankind so being that rational he could do anything.
I think they were right too at the end to have gormagon as a nobody. Thats what they said and it was who he was, an invisible man. Everyone was waiting for it to be someone we know but it makes more sense to me anyway, that it wouldnt be. Just a person watching everything. I duno thats just what i think anyway. I loved the episode.
1年以上前 Jane_PL said…
I think it was a good epi. I want to see next one but Bones are going to come back on August 26th :/
1年以上前 TEMPEBREN said…
Your not the only one who enjoyed the finale irishgrl131, I also quite enjoyed it. But to be fair it wasn't their best.
last edited 1年以上前
1年以上前 CrazieLady said…
OK, I get that Zack follows rational arguements... but why did he listen anyway? He had already been working with the people trying to hunt gormagon down when gormagon approached him and Zack seemed pretty freaked about the cannibalism thing. I find it very hard to believe that Zack would let him get further than "Hi, I'm the cannibalistic serial killer, let me explain it to you." Plus, in season 1 when the State Department woman was interviewing him, she asked if he would give up government info if she made an irrefutable rational agrument... and he said he wouldn't without checking with Brennan or Angela first. He definitely wouldn't murder someone without talking to someone first. Also, in season 1, Brennan had to give HIM a lesson in being detatched and rational because the death was too depressing for him. I doubt he'd just drop all of those morals for an arguement made by a serial killer.
OK, rant is over.
1年以上前 ca9428 said…
This was just a poorly written episode. The gormagon plot made sense, to a point, but it did not work with the characters involved. I almost immediately suspected that Zach set up the explosion because of the chemical switch and the whole distraction thing, but then I thought that that would completely out of character for him. He is far too connected to the team members to have kept a secret like this. And even though he is hyper-rational his personality does not show an insensitivity toward human life, just remember his reaction to the boy in the bush's body or any of his meaningful interactions with Brennan, Hodgins, or Cam.
The tub scene was ridiculous, unnecessary and also out of character. And the fact that suddenly everyone in the lab skulked in shadows with shifty eyes was just plain annoying. Don't even get me started on the pathetic copout with the whole Booth getting shot thing. The writers wanted to shake things up, but they didn't put in the effort to make it believable. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
1年以上前 75Claudia said…
I loved it... it was not what I expected but then again that to me is great writing. If it was completely predictable how boring would that be?

I thought the B&B storyline was fantastic. They act like they are going out... the only people they are kidding are themselves! ha Can not wait for next season.

I was sad about Zach - I dont like Character changes but if it was his time to go then I have to quote Cam and say "I did not see THAT coming!"

It pulled all the heart strings and kept me entertained.

Win win ;)
1年以上前 twerk92 said…
I totally agree with you. I think one Iraq changed Zach's character significantly. But i think they should have discovered something in the end that Zach did in Iraq that would make him more inclined to kill someone. Also, i think people should give the writers a break they bascially had to make a season finale of a show that was missing 8 episodes!!!! Honestly none of the season finales where that good at all. I hate you writers strike. Also why did everyone end with either someone dying, about to get on a plan, or being arrested. Ex. Ugly Betty, One Tree Hill, House, BONES..ugh why do you make things so complicated writers.
1年以上前 courick11 said…
I think most of the problem with characters seeming out of character and all that could have been due to the ending writers strike.