posted by jlhfan624
So あなた Want to Watch 24...
Aside from the fact that 24 is the best 表示する any of us will watch in our time, what else do あなた need to know? There's so much, yet so little. I'm going to include the basics, and give あなた only so much detail to get あなた interested but not spoil you.
24 is a real-time 表示する (we'll get into that もっと見る later) that stars Kiefer Sutherland as the main protagonist Jack Bauer (we'll also get もっと見る into him later). The number '24' has meaning. It represents the 24 hours in a single day. Each season has 24 episodes, each episode representing a single 時 of the 'day' in 24. The 表示する is extremely fast-paced and yes, あなた will have to actually pay attention. (And there goes half of my 記事 readers already.)
The 表示する in a nutshell, has to do with politics & terrorism. People who like to read too much into things will tell あなた that this 表示する is right-wing propaganda. Tell them to DIAF または some other witty insult, and continue 読書 this article. There are two major storylines that carry throughout the entire series run. We deal first hand with the terrorists, and CTU's (Counter Terrorist Unit) efforts to stop them. On the political side of things, we see the efforts made によって the White House to stop 発言しました attacks. The White House & CTU have to work together sometimes - terrorists want immunity for talking, または they want to negotiate, etc.
I 発言しました before the 表示する is very fast-paced and that it is. So much happens in an 時 of the show, and in each season there are many different plot lines to follow. What starts off as maybe an innocent family eating breakfast could turn into them being suspects または targets. Every storyline coincides with the major one of each season and the guys of 24 do it so wonderfully.
Who あなた Need to Know
Jack. Fucking. Bauer.
Kiefer Sutherland plays the role of Jack Bauer perfectly. On the surface, Jack is just another sadist who tortures people because he "enjoys it". But deeper, there's a man struggling to do what HE sees is right for the good of his beloved country. People expect so much from just one man, and when that one man does what they want he gets punished for it. One thing is for sure, Jack is always right and he always gets his way. You'd think after 8 years of him putting his (hot) 尻, お尻 on the line for the greater good, people would learn to listen to him but I guess having someone who defies Jack just makes for good television.
Jack is the kind of man あなた don't want to mess with. "Trust me, あなた don't want to go down this road with me." The fact that he's such a BAMF, and *not* a stereotypical cookie-cutter one at that, makes him (to me and anyone else who has a brain) the most fascinating character to be put on テレビ または in the movies, ever. I know that's probably being a big melodramatic but I don't care. There's SO much to this man. When he's in a relationship, he's a romantic. He loves his daughter もっと見る than everything and all of his decisions revolve around her. He does what he has to do because he's a hero, または an anti-hero if あなた will. He knows that what he does isn't socially acceptable または morally right, but he does it because he knows it will save lives in the long run. He's willing to pay for his wrongdoings just like any other man. I 愛 Jack Bauer. Did あなた figure that out yet?
24 has a strong cast of supporting characters. The strongest & most fascinating of any 表示する I've ever watched. The 表示する is admittedly not known for its principal cast throughout the entire series run. Kiefer Sutherland is the only cast member to appear in all 8 seasons, and every episode. Characters come and go like it's no big deal. Some die, some just leave. Some appear to have died, but come back miraculously later.
Jack is undoubtedly the most important character of the show, and the only one あなた absolutely HAVE to know. But there are other very important characters to the show. Watch out for these (sometimes) lovable characters.
シェリー, シェリー酒 Palmer
Those are just some of many of the fascinating characters in the series run. Some あなた will love, some あなた will hate, some あなた will 愛 to hate, but all of them have extremely vital roles and あなた will never forget them.
The Real-Time Aspect
Not to repeat much of anything I 発言しました earlier, but 24 is a real-time show. The use of 12-hour clocks are incorporated within the episodes. This is a very unique concept and one that あなた wouldn't expect to work, but it does. Boy, does it ever.
- Each episode starts with Kiefer!Jack narrating the 'The following takes place between ___ & ___.' Sometimes it is followed with 'Events occur in real time.'
- Clocks are used generously. They are used right before a commercial break, and the times within the 表示する are the exact 分 for how long the commercial was. So for example, あなた leave the 表示する at 10:40, and the commercials were 4 分 long, when あなた come back to the 表示する the clock will display in the center of the screen with スプリット, 分割 screens 表示中 what took place in the time あなた were gone. It would be 10:44.
- Every episode ends with a ticking clock. Silent clocks are a rare occurance in the land of 24, but they are used to signify either a death, a shocking cliffhanger, または just a really emotional moment. The first silent clock was actually a glitch, but when ファン thought it was done on purpose and loved the use of it, it became a recurring theme. *is know-it-all*
- Most of the time, episodes will end with a スプリット, 分割 screen 表示中 what the characters are up to right before the end. THIS IS FUCKING BRILLIANT and once あなた get involved in the show, these sequences at the end will give あなた funny tingly feelings in your heart. Because they are just that awesome. With some endings, あなた will see a スプリット, 分割 screen and then it will go back to the last cliffhanger of the episode and end with a clock.
- スプリット, 分割 screens are also shown mainly when あなた see two または もっと見る characters on the phone with one another. This becomes such a habit, that when I talk to people on the phone irl, I expect to see a スプリット, 分割 screen pop up only to be disappointed when it doesn't. *is lame*
A Unique Aspect
This is where I'm going to get all sentimental & preachy, so if あなた want to skip this chapter あなた go right ahead. I have discussed this at length with a fellow 24 fan, and it could be that we enable each other in that way, but I have a special attachment to the 表示する that あなた can't find anywhere else.
24 enforces an incredibly strong sense of loyalty. Loyalty is the best personality trait あなた can have imo, and I think I have learned to appreciate it largely in part thanks to this show. Not only does it boast a strong sense of patriotism for country, but for フレンズ as well. Two of the best relationships on the 表示する express this. Jack has two best フレンズ in the series run who have rarely (and I mean, RARELY) questioned him and just done what he's asked. To me, that is what フレンズ are. To have your back no matter what, and to sacrifice for one another.
I think this rubs off on 24 ファン as well, because we are truly a unique breed. Maybe I'm biased in this, but 24 truly has the one of the most loyal テレビ fanbases I've seen. We aren't as loud & brash as some other fandoms, but we know what we 愛 and we 愛 it to death. Upsetting a 24 ファン is like...well, it can't be compared. It's like upsetting a 24 fan. Don't mess with us または we'll get Jack Bauer on you.
- 24 is badass.
- Jack Bauer is God.
- あなた will become クーラー just によって giving up a few weeks (shorter if あなた get addicted) of your time to experience the greatest thing ever.
- This 表示する is not for somebody with ADD. あなた have to pay attention, and あなた have to watch every single episode to get the full experience.
- Yes there's torture, yes there's gun porn, yes there's blood. Yes, it's all awesome.
- 8 seasons & a tv movie, with an actual theater-released movie on the way. Wanna get hooked now? :D
Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask! I 愛 24 もっと見る than life itself and I am もっと見る than willing to enable anybody who wants to start it.
Concerns for my mental health are nice in gesture, but really not necessary. Yes, I've got an "unhealthy" addiction to 24 but that's good for あなた potential ファン because I get to share it with you!